As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Crap, I haven't finished earning enough to get the Zelda posters yet and they've got the fans up! I need to buy more Nintendo games.. LOL

Any word on the Platinum prize yet? I haven't gotten any shipping info yet.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    NintendoAmerica Club Nintendo members: Beginning 10/20, redeem Coins for a special #Mario25th screen saver & 4 limited-edition pins! http://bit.ly/b2GmVz

The pins look cool but 450 coins each? That's kind of a lot. The screensaver is cheap (10 coins) but why the hell would I want a screensaver?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aww shit. The Mario and Blooper fans are sold out. I hope they get more in soon.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    NintendoAmerica Club Nintendo members: Beginning 10/20, redeem Coins for a special #Mario25th screen saver & 4 limited-edition pins! http://bit.ly/b2GmVz

The pins look cool but 450 coins each? That's kind of a lot. The screensaver is cheap (10 coins) but why the hell would I want a screensaver?

Yeah I was kind of thinking that the pins would be a set of 4 for 450 coins.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Aww shit. The Mario and Blooper fans are sold out. I hope they get more in soon.

I'm sure they will. If they were gone for good they would have removed them from the store completely.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like the pins, but at 450 each, no thank you.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    yeah really nintendo? really? 450 points for A pin?

...jesus

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    How does a pin cost more than a fan?!

Green on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nintendo

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They are definitely neat collector's items...but 450?

I'll just wait and get the Mario fan to compliment my Blooper one I already ordered.

I probably will grab that super cheap screen saver though.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want those pins, regardless of their cost. The problem is that I don't know which one to get =( I'll decide later.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I am tempted to buy *one* pin, but I dunno... that still seems like a lot of coins...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The minute one of you buys a pin, they will come out with the Mario Galaxy soundtrack CD and an exclusive Zelda artbook and a Wii-compatible SNES controller and you will be exactly 450 coins short of whichever one you want to buy.

So hurry up and get those pins so that the rest of us can enjoy the stuff that comes out after them.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The minute one of you buys a pin, they will come out with the Mario Galaxy soundtrack CD and an exclusive Zelda artbook and a Wii-compatible SNES controller and you will be exactly 450 coins short of whichever one you want to buy.

So hurry up and get those pins so that the rest of us can enjoy the stuff that comes out after them.

I helped. I just picked out the pink animal crossing fan for the girlfriend.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I ordered the pin with Mario's face in the corner. I want the one with Yoshi too, but I'm short 200 coins or so. I would have had enough if I hadn't ordered two sets of mario posters by mistake!

Jishian on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So instead of a neat 25th anniversary package like Europe and Japan are getting which is essentially a re-release of Super Mario All-Stars, we get...

A pin and a screensaver...
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Nintendo

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sigh..... I'll probably never spend my coins. Such garbage. I hate to complain about free stuff but I haven't gotten anything yet.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sigh..... I'll probably never spend my coins. Such garbage. I hate to complain about free stuff but I haven't gotten anything yet.

Be careful they don't expire on you.. I'm not sure when they do expire, but don't want you to lose out on stuff. There's really nothing that interests you? While I wouldn't say there's quality stuff I would USE in the store, there's plenty I like for just eye candy at the office/home that I can put on my cubicle wall or basement wall once I finish it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

So far I've found several things I've liked...but I love things I can place on my shelf at home to outwardly show off my geekiness. :P

So far I have gotten from the Club Nintendo store:

Game & Watch Collection
    Game & Watch Collection 2
    Blooper Fan
    Mario Posters

All in all, I've gotten some neat stuff from them. I love rare or one of a kind game carts, which is why I grabbed the G&W Collections.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I got:

Bowser folders and bookmarks
    DS game case and stylus holder (Super Mario Bros)
    Zelda posters
    Mario fan
    Blooper fan

The DS game case is probably my favourite thing. I don't know why, but I think it's neat.

Taya on
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is it a hard plastic one like the ones you can buy at gamestop or is it like the cases the games come in? I was going to get one but they look like flimsy cardboard and I've never read any impression of them.

Jishian on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I got the Mario fan. I may eventually buy the Zelda posters but still haven't decided :P Otherwise yeah, not the best rewards.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jishian wrote: »
    Is it a hard plastic one like the ones you can buy at gamestop or is it like the cases the games come in? I was going to get one but they look like flimsy cardboard and I've never read any impression of them.
    No, it's cardboard but I wouldn't say it's flimsy. It's like a hardcover book with foam on the inside where you can store nine games and seven multicoloured stylii.

It just looks really cool.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I got the Mario fan. I may eventually buy the Zelda posters but still haven't decided :P Otherwise yeah, not the best rewards.

The zelda posters are the best items.

Just take some frames and poof. They are 1000% more classy.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Be careful they don't expire on you.. I'm not sure when they do expire, but don't want you to lose out on stuff. There's really nothing that interests you? While I wouldn't say there's quality stuff I would USE in the store, there's plenty I like for just eye candy at the office/home that I can put on my cubicle wall or basement wall once I finish it.

I have until December 17 before my coins start to expire. I guess I better spend some. The pins are probably the best thing to come along. The G&W games would be great if I wasn't so insulted by the lack of actual content on them. Club Nintendo is such a joke.... but I shouldn't be surprised at Nintendo's usual half-assing of something.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I have until December 17 before my coins start to expire. I guess I better spend some. The pins are probably the best thing to come along. The G&W games would be great if I wasn't so insulted by the lack of actual content on them. Club Nintendo is such a joke.... but I shouldn't be surprised at Nintendo's usual half-assing of something.

It is better than the nothing we used to have..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

It is better than the nothing we used to have..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've gotten the Mario game case for my gf (it really is nicely designed and pretty sturdy) and the hanafuda cards for myself

Green on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does it say somewhere when they expire? I just bought that fan which used up a bunch of them, so I *think* I'll be fine. But I'm curious to see when mine expire.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does it say somewhere when they expire? I just bought that fan which used up a bunch of them, so I *think* I'll be fine. But I'm curious to see when mine expire.

They expire after two years.

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

How do you know when coins are about to expire?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited October 2010

When you click on "My Coins" you should see your coin transaction history. Theoretically, two years after the date listed next to them should be when they expire.

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I made it to Platinum rank today. 8-)

That means I don't have to do any surveys until July.

Taya on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

When you click on "My Coins" you should see your coin transaction history. Theoretically, two years after the date listed next to them should be when they expire.

So they don't even warn you?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited October 2010

No clue. That would make sense, but you know, Nintendo.

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

How do you know if coins have expired or not?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

How do you know if coins have expired or not?

You're an inquisitive chap. To answer your question, I don't know. I don't think Club Nintendo has been around long enough for anyone to have had coins expire. We'll probably find out in December.

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Actually, I think they expire at the end of the "Nintendo Year" (June 30) after 2 years after you earned them. So they would actually expire June 30, 2011.

Edit: Although it's weird, they say there's an expiration date, but I only see those next to unclaimed coins, not the coins I have currently claimed.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Heads up guys, DKCR is now up for intend to buy.

Oh yea!

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Heads up guys, DKCR is now up for intend to buy.

Oh yea!

Thanks for the heads up.

Is it just me or are Intend to Buys staying up longer than before?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
This discussion has been closed.