As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh sweet, I was in the market for a messenger bag made in the US, and now I have access to a cool-looking one that doesn't cost $300? My day is made.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I didn't notice if someone said it earlier: the new Golden Sun is up for Intend to Buy.
    Someone on GAF said they bought 2 of each bag. How many goddamn games does one have to buy to get that many points? Jeez.

Man, I've hit elite status twice and I probably haven't registered half of my eligible games (because I don't want their coins or surveys to expire). If I registered it all right now I might be able to buy multiple bags.

Goddamn. And I thought I bought alot of games.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hope the messenger bag is decent, I have been sitting on 800 points for over a year now, I am not much for fans and pins and posters and the like, but a messenger bag is right up my alley.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A messenger bag is way more useful than, say, a fabric box for holding Wii remotes.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't think I'd even put games in it myself. It looks like a nice bag for just carrying stuff though.

Anyways, this weekend I found the little page where it says what games you registered and realized I was missing a couple. New Super Mario Bros (DS) still worked but sadly Mario vs. DK 2 "no longer awards coins" or something. Bah. My fault for slacking I guess.

Eee. I wonder how many I've been saving no longer work? Guess I should go through and register my older ones... think Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island DS, and M&L: Partners in Time are still good?

I wish it would just be as simple as "buy Nintendo, get coins, save coins until there is something you want." I hate all this race-the-clock stuff for anything beyond status memberships.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Honestly I don't think I'd even put games in it myself. It looks like a nice bag for just carrying stuff though.

Anyways, this weekend I found the little page where it says what games you registered and realized I was missing a couple. New Super Mario Bros (DS) still worked but sadly Mario vs. DK 2 "no longer awards coins" or something. Bah. My fault for slacking I guess.

Eee. I wonder how many I've been saving no longer work? Guess I should go through and register my older ones... think Super Princess Peach, Yoshi's Island DS, and M&L: Partners in Time are still good?

I wish it would just be as simple as "buy Nintendo, get coins, save coins until there is something you want." I hate all this race-the-clock stuff for anything beyond status memberships.

I'm guessing no since MvDK2 didn't work. But worth a try anyways. I think the only reason NSMB worked was because it's such a huge title that they don't want to punish people who maybe just picked up a DS new and grabbed that game. I would guess maybe Mario Kart DS still works too, and a handful of other older titles that are still really popular.

Anyways, anyone here get the Zelda posters and frame them? I'm curious what people used for the history one which is 16.5"x28.7" (aka not even close to standard frame size).

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I'm guessing no since MvDK2 didn't work. But worth a try anyways. I think the only reason NSMB worked was because it's such a huge title that they don't want to punish people who maybe just picked up a DS new and grabbed that game. I would guess maybe Mario Kart DS still works too, and a handful of other older titles that are still really popular.

Anyways, anyone here get the Zelda posters and frame them? I'm curious what people used for the history one which is 16.5"x28.7" (aka not even close to standard frame size).

I framed everything but the history posters. (Mario/Zelda) The only thing I can imagine is getting a larger frame and matting the edges, but then you'll get more space on the top and bottom or sides so it'll look lop-sided (Unless someone knows of a decent frame size that fits that aspect ratio so it doesn't look too goofy.)

I personally have toyed around with the idea of filling the top and bottom emptiness with a collage or boxart or something.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I might have to get that Bag. I'm sitting on 890 coins. The G&W titles are tempting but I kind of wanted something more tangible, not to mention apparently the G&W titles are crap.

Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    not to mention apparently the G&W titles are crap.

That's what's kept me from getting them :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Platinum reward is being shipped! 4-11 days is a pretty good wait time.

110 coins short for the bag though.

Adellios on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just bought the Messenger Bag. I did it almost exclusively because of it being a messenger bag. I need something with which to carry my documents when I go to the hospital where I work ad honorem. I'm thinking of getting another one when I get enough coins so I have one that isn't potentially contaminated with germs :P

RockinX on
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crap the messenger bag is out of stock. Im sitting on about 1200 coins, 450 or so of those will expire next summer and the messenger bag was the perfect thing, guess I'll just wait for it to come back.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm so relieved to have ordered it just before it sold out!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Don't forget the stupid, stupid surveys. 2 for each game! At least remember my answers.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    20 coins short of the tote bag, 220 short of the messenger bag

Probably going to save up for the messenger

Green on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Isn't the tote bag for women?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    RockinX wrote: »

I'm happily married with no insecurities about my manhood. I don't give a fuck anymore.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Vegan wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »

I'm happily married with no insecurities about my manhood. I don't give a fuck anymore.

That was not a rhetorical question.

RockinX on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was gonna order the bag, but I see it's sold out. I think I'll just wait then.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Well, it looks like they made more Super Princess Peach, as I still see that being sold new now and again... I think I might have seen Yoshi's Island DS being restocked as well, but I'm less sure of that. Still, maybe I have some time on those...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Well, it looks like they made more Super Princess Peach, as I still see that being sold new now and again... I think I might have seen Yoshi's Island DS being restocked as well, but I'm less sure of that. Still, maybe I have some time on those...
    Instead of wondering, just try it.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Statue get!

HNI_0026.jpg

The size of the box it comes in is pretty misleading about the statue's size, but that's okay because the box itself is awesome
    HNI_0025.jpg

Green on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I hate my mario hat now, the statue is much, much nicer.

dantree on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy hell, that's awesome.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine came today as well. Very nice.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's actually bigger than I imagined it, neat.

You have a really janky computer situation going on there. :)

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's actually bigger than I imagined it, neat.

You have a really janky computer situation going on there. :)

The jankiest

Green on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Looks like my messenger bag shipped today, hooray for another messenger bag, a sence a raised eyebrow from my wife when it gets here, (I have a lot of messenger bags in a quest to find the perfect one)

dantree on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My bag and statue shipped today, but I think I'm more excited for the box than the statue or bag.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My statue shipped today too. Can't wait to get it! I'd love to get enough coins for the bag though.. :(

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Checked my e-mail today and guess what was there:
    We wanted to let you know that your reward order has been shipped.

Your reward order was shipped via US Mail and will take 4-10 business
    days for delivery.

I can't wait till I get my figure! :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine would've showed up yesterday but they didn't deliver it cause I wasn't here, and they didn't try to redeliver today. Guess I gotta go down to the post office to grab it. :(

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My Platinum reward is still being prepared, but my messenger bag was just shipped.

Edit: WOOT! They just sent me the figurine!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Any idea what the statue is made of? With a box that big, I'm assuming it's something fragile...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Any idea what the statue is made of? With a box that big, I'm assuming it's something fragile...

It's plastic. The statue itself doesn't feel fragile at all.

Green on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeesh. I have my Platinum reward and regular rewards on the way. I hope they arrive soon.... I'm going to Japan next week. I'd hate or them to get left on the patio or something.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Huh, I wondered if they might make it from such material. I wonder if they had the company that does the little 2" figures make these...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huh, I wondered if they might make it from such material. I wonder if they had the company that does the little 2" figures make these...

And the 6" ones, and also the big ones that are like a foot and a half tall.

That's what I was guessing. They look like the same style.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, would've been awesome if it was made of a high quality polystone or something, but for free I can't complain about plastic. It still looks pretty high quality.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I wish my apartment place would tell me when my packages got there.

You know so I could get stuff without hassle? So stupid.

Now I have to go to the office after work and (hopefully) they will be there.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
This discussion has been closed.