As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So NA finally has a Club Nintendo: register crap to get free crap

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey so I have one of those Mario caps - I was thinking up using it for the SS auction but do you guys think it is worth at least $10?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why is there an auction to benefit the Nazis?

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When is the platinum thing usually announced? I want to know what I'm getting!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    jclast wrote: »

They announced it a while ago. It's a Nintendo Mario character set figurine.

6a00d83452033569e2013485220f4a970c-800wi

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

They announced it a while ago. It's a Nintendo Mario character set figurine.

6a00d83452033569e2013485220f4a970c-800wi

Then how do I cash in my points for it? I don't see anything on the Club Nintendo site.

EDIT: Okay, looking at the FAQ it seems like I can't get a statue. I'm platinum right now, though. Did I waste those points or will I get an email in the middle of next year asking if I want a special thing?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man I explained it all right here, and you even replied. :P

Yeah, around July they'll announce the reward and you just have to claim it (in a small-ish window of time). Just keep an eye on this thread around that time I guess.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, around July they'll announce the reward and you just have to claim it (in a small-ish window of time). Just keep an eye on this thread around that time I guess.

Or check your e-mail 'cause they e-mail you when they announce the main prizes.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I thought I remembered talking with somebody about it but couldn't remember the outcome for the life of me (and I apparently suck balls at forum search). :oops:

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Hey so I have one of those Mario caps - I was thinking up using it for the SS auction but do you guys think it is worth at least $10?
    Vegan wrote: »

This is very good question. Actually it is for Solid Saints, the charity auction in the announcement.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Vegan wrote: »

This is very good question. Actually it is for Solid Saints, the charity auction in the announcement.

I had considered doing the same myself, but apparently my daughter laid claim to it yesterday..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Does it say somewhere when they expire? I just bought that fan which used up a bunch of them, so I *think* I'll be fine. But I'm curious to see when mine expire.

They expire after two years.

How do you know when coins are about to expire?

When you click on "My Coins" you should see your coin transaction history. Theoretically, two years after the date listed next to them should be when they expire.

So they don't even warn you?

No clue. That would make sense, but you know, Nintendo.

How do you know if coins have expired or not?

You're an inquisitive chap. To answer your question, I don't know. I don't think Club Nintendo has been around long enough for anyone to have had coins expire. We'll probably find out in December.

The point here being, if you spend coins, how do you know if you are spending the coins that will expire soon? :P It's all very convoluted.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just got an e-mail stating that they've begun to ship the Platinum rewards!

Wasn't confirming mine was shipped or anything, but they've begun!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yay! I can't wait for my Mario figure! :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail stating that they've begun to ship the Platinum rewards!

Wasn't confirming mine was shipped or anything, but they've begun!

Neat. I got an e-mail the other day saying my reward shipped and I thought it was the platinum reward but it was really the fan I got for the girlfriend.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I haven't gotten any e-mails :( Really I don't care about the dumb calendar (*grumble* I wanted the statue), but I'd like my Mario fan and Zelda posters please! :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My Mario fan came in the mail yesterday :)

It's delightful

YggiDee on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yay! I can't wait for my Mario figure! :D

Me either. It's a very nice gift for those who love Nintendo...

hmmm.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    E-mail I was talking about, for those who are curious.
    Hello,

We wanted to let you know that we are preparing to begin shipping
    the 2010 Elite Status Rewards!

We had thousands of loyal Nintendo fans reach Elite Status last June
    and it is going to take us a couple of weeks to ship all the orders.

So, even though your friends or neighbors may receive their Reward
    before you do, please be assured that your order is being processed too!

You will receive another email when your reward order ships.

Thank you for your interest and excitement and we hope you enjoy your
    Club Nintendo Elite Status Reward.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
    Consumer Service Department

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hmm, well apparently my fan and posters have shipped at least (via "MAIL"... how horribly unspecific!). Hopefully they will come soon.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I got my email today about the plat reward. :D

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I got my email today about the plat reward. :D

Same here.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I got my Zelda posters today (edges all wrinkled thanks to the piss-poor cardboard tube they mailed them in, thanks a lot), but still no fan. Even though I ordered the posters like 3 days ago and the fan like two weeks ago -_-

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So I got my Zelda posters today (edges all wrinkled thanks to the piss-poor cardboard tube they mailed them in, thanks a lot), but still no fan. Even though I ordered the posters like 3 days ago and the fan like two weeks ago -_-
    The fans only started being shipped out on the 25th.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Haha I fuckin' new it. Of course they add something that I would actually use (The Messenger Bag) the moment I decided to redeem something relatively unuseful (Fan).

Ugh, time to buy some Nintendo games. lol.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, my fan came on Saturday. It's very neat. Took me awhile to figure out how to open it though :D
    Haha I fuckin' new it. Of course they add something that I would actually use (The Messenger Bag) the moment I decided to redeem something relatively unuseful (Fan).

Wow it's big. I may have to get that. But I'm a few coins short right now (close though, and I've been leaving a bunch of surveys un-finished). Neat though. Not sure about the idea of spending a lot of coins now that they seem to actually be putting shit in the rewards section though :D

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Someone on GAF said they bought 2 of each bag. How many goddamn games does one have to buy to get that many points? Jeez.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Honestly I don't think I'd even put games in it myself. It looks like a nice bag for just carrying stuff though.

Anyways, this weekend I found the little page where it says what games you registered and realized I was missing a couple. New Super Mario Bros (DS) still worked but sadly Mario vs. DK 2 "no longer awards coins" or something. Bah. My fault for slacking I guess.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I will have to look at that. I could use something other than a backpack to take back and forth to work. Unless I need to be platinum _and_ still have those points for next year's thing. I don't, do I?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There are some new free surveys.

Wii Holiday Survey (10 coins)
    DS Holiday Survey (10 coins)
    Member Satisfaction Survey (10 coins)

I'm sorry to say, my responses aren't going to be very positive.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    WTF! I tried to do the Wii Survey and it didn't register it. I didn't get the coins and I'm given the option to do it again. This had never happened to me on Safari (I use Opera, but Safari is the browser I use for accessing my Club Nintendo account since I always get the same error on Opera).

RockinX on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You're not the only one it's happening to. Best to try again later.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am in need of a new bag, and that one looks rather spiffy. Rather spiffy indeed.

I was close to buying one of the Game & Watch collections, but I'd rather go with a bag I'd actually use than a game I'd only have for the sheer novelty of it.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Those of you that got the statue this year, did you just have to be platinum or did you have to be platinum and have x number of points to spend on it? I want the bag but not if it means I miss out on the next platinum thing.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As long as you reach platinum you get the reward for no coins.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Excellent. Thanks!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I didn't notice if someone said it earlier: the new Golden Sun is up for Intend to Buy.
    Someone on GAF said they bought 2 of each bag. How many goddamn games does one have to buy to get that many points? Jeez.

Man, I've hit elite status twice and I probably haven't registered half of my eligible games (because I don't want their coins or surveys to expire). If I registered it all right now I might be able to buy multiple bags.
    There are some new free surveys.

Wii Holiday Survey (10 coins)
    DS Holiday Survey (10 coins)
    Member Satisfaction Survey (10 coins)

This is why I tell people not to try to hit elite status until right before summer. :P

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bags! Aw man I need to get some more games to register to get points. I still need the Zelda posters too.. :( Fortunately Christmas is coming up and hopefully they won't stop making them for a while.

I think I might toss the 10 coins in for the history of mario screen saver. Looks cool and I'm just that in love with Nintendo. :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Why do I not see the Wii holiday survey ?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Make sure you're on the right page, the page with the full to-do list and not the one that has the "see more to-dos" button at the bottom.

And make sure you hunt up and down the page, mine were mixed in with other surveys.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The fans are pretty nice. It's a shame I'll never be able to close them again. I don't trust my ability to close them without tearing them up.

Gilder on
This discussion has been closed.