As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

• Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oooh, ooh, count me in for a forum badge....

ashridah on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm not reading through 8 pages in this thread, but I think one thing has been overlooked:

we have clouds
    we have logos
    we need lens flare

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    leaf wrote: »
    I'm not reading through 8 pages in this thread, but I think one thing has been overlooked:

we have clouds
    we have logos
    we need lens flare

Oh my heavens! And I call myself a fan of Photoshop hero???? I shall have to make some amendments....

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited May 2009
    Well if ever there was a case of 'be careful of what you ask for', then this is it!
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_v6.jpg

Just to be clear, version 5 is perfectly safe and preserved! I have not destroyed it! If you prefer version 6 above then we'll go with it. Let me know people!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    How about v5.5? Keep the glare but drop the photoshop hero

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »

Yar. Not all of us are Photoshop Heroes.

...Like me. I am Photoshop-Person-Who-Can-Do-Something-But-Not-All-Heroic-Hero

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    VonXWolfensteinVonXWolfenstein Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »

Yar. Not all of us are Photoshop Heroes.

...Like me. I am Photoshop-Person-Who-Can-Do-Something-But-Not-All-Heroic-Hero

HAHA that is awesome. I totally agree

Also, count me in for a forum badge if it is not to late!

VonXWolfenstein on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I still like v5, but v6 is good too without the Photoshop Hero logo, imo.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    v5 is my favorite, I think the Photoshop Hero logo is overkill. YMMV

Thanks so much to everyone helping me get excited for PAX! It's been a stupid, ugly, frustrating year for me and PAX is feling more and more like a finish line with each passing day.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    v5 is my favorite, I think the Photoshop Hero logo is overkill. YMMV

Thanks so much to everyone helping me get excited for PAX! It's been a stupid, ugly, frustrating year for me and PAX is feling more and more like a finish line with each passing day.

If this heat keeps up though its gonna be a hard race to the finish.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have just got back from the expo that shalt not be mentioned and am trying to stay awake to fight off the jetlag. As part of this struggle I've made 2 new variants of the PAX forum badge. Version 5.5 is below and removes any mention of Photoshop Hero:
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_v5_5.jpg

The second, version 6.1 retains a little bit of the Photoshop Hero reference, only a little more subtly. See for yourself:
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_v6_1.jpg

Let me know which one to go for and we'll settle on it.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hrm, i'd err on the side of 5.5, but i guess that the Photoshop Hero part is sorta nice as an in-joke, even if many might not understand its significance? Either way, sterling work, Kropotkin- lens flare is a sadly underused commodity on badges!

DusT_HounD on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I also like 5.5 better. the photoshop hero icon doesn't fit in well :(

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The added subtlety in V-6.1 is really good.

But I would still have to go with V-5.5

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SmallLady wrote: »
    I also like 5.1 better. the photoshop hero icon doesn't fit in well :(

true, but i do like the sweet flare!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The glow around the PSHero icon cracked me up =) I'd be perfectly content with either 5.5 or 6.1 but I'm gonna toss my vote in for 6.1!

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    edited June 2009

mavrick88 on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I actually don't care for the lens flare and would prefer the previous version.

Just say no to lens flare.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm with contrefait on this one.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Lens flare FTW!!! 5.5 plz

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It would appear that opinion is split between the lens flare option. For me it looks decidedly cheesey to the point of the badge being made in 1973, but it does make a nod towards Photoshop Hero, a much loved PA strip.

Any more opinions on the new designs? Remember, it gets locked down as of the end of this month :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd prefer it without the lens flare as well. It's not a huge deal, I'd just prefer it to look nice, instead of cheesy.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Xtian80 wrote: »
    Lens flare FTW!!! 5.5 plz

lens flare it NOT cheesy, it is awesome. in a can.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Archer006Archer006 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am going to give the Photoshop Hero some love and go with 6.1. This is also my first PAX, and first convention. Let me say very well done on this service for forumites everywhere

Archer006 on
    Who Dares, Wins"

52222_5.png
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ooh I want one I want one.

This is a great idea if it's not too late put me down for one.

draklan on
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like 6.1 for the record.

draklan on
  • Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I prefer the 5.5 one. I don't think that the Photoshop Hero reference really goes with everything else.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    And you thought this 269 post thread was dead? HA! You couldn't be more wrong! Actually this post is a reminder that as of 30th June the names on the back of the badge get locked down. That's right, if you don't meet the following criteria, your name doesn't get on the back of the badge:

1) You are a forum admin
    2) You are coming to PAX via CCST, WCTT and CST
    3) You will be on the PAX UK Plane (BA0049 - leaving Heathrow on 3rd September)
    4) You have posted on this thread.

Note, by not having your name on the back does not mean you won't get a badge! I'll be posting up a list of the names I have later this week. BTW, I still have yet to get a roster for WCTT participants....

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If I'm in 2 of those categories, do I get to be on there twice?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Highfire wrote: »
    You can put me down for the WCTT.

Highfire on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like 5 or 5.5. I'm leaning towards 5 though.
    So everyone who's in this thread's name is one the back?
    I'm not a Twitter person either Xp. I wonder what I'm going to put there instead...

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I will also be on the WCTT and would like one of these, whichever one ends up getting made.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A million and one thanks for pulling together such an awesome gift for the forum community!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    A million and one thanks for pulling together such an awesome gift for the forum community!

It's just my way of celebrating the forums really. It's also a point of practicality as you'll be able to spot a forum member at PAX and finally shake hands with them, rather than sharing emoticons.

I've not yet decided whether to include the lens flare effect as yet but I'm not going for the Photoshop Hero meter. As funny as that strip is, many are not familiar with it. Even in these forums!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    XipperXipper Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like 6.1

Xipper on
    xipper.png
  • Options
    BeighBeigh Bloomington, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm a fan of 5.5. Also, I'll be one of those looking to get a badge in the mail. Thanks for putting this together kropotkin; this idea, like yourself, is full of awesome and win.

Beigh on
    CVpdlHm.png76561197996811040.png
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    wait, we can get these badges in the mail?? somebody should update the OP with that.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    wait, we can get these badges in the mail?? somebody should update the OP with that.

Nonononono. I think Beigh either was misinformed or read it incorrectly. They will be passed out--to my knowledge--by the appropriate distributors at PAX. At least that is how it was last year.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Distribution is via 2 methods. If you are taking part in the WCTT, CCST or the CST the organiser of those events will have badges in their possession to hand out during the trip to PAX. This also applies to the small number of people who are on the PAX UK plane.

The second method is distribution at PAX itself. I have not resolved this entirely but at the moment the BYOC registration desk is a definate place to pick them up from. Another possibility is the Pre-PAX dinner.

Please note that these badges are not officially sponsored by the organisers of PAX, they have been created by me for the forum community to make sure we can spot each other easily. Having said that I have not heard any discenting voices from the PAX organisers or anyone from the Enforcers. Considering the prominence of this thread I can only assume that their silence is conscent, until I hear otherwise.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well I'm not going to be doing WCTT, CCST or the CST so I'm probably gonna have to get mine either at PAX or at the Pre-PAX dinner if I go. Are they already organizing that? I haven't seen a thread for it yet.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
This discussion has been closed.