As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

• Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I would like to have one of those badges as well. It would make a completely awesome souveneer for my first time at PAX.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »
    I would like to have one of those badges as well. It would make a completely awesome souveneer for my first time at PAX.

For having a Kirby with HK-47 mask as an avatar you may indeed get two! For anyone who appreciates the psychotic yet hilarious antics of HK47 in KotOR deserves such a bonus. Sadly badge numbers will be limited so only 1 will be provided. I'm sorry about that but I'm a mere meat-bag after all and therefore imperfect.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If it's any consolation, Kropotkin, you'd be the lead meatbag. Meatbag-prime, as it were, for a little KotOR/ Metroid crossover flavour...

DusT_HounD on
  • Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Sadly badge numbers will be limited so only 1 will be provided. I'm sorry about that but I'm a mere meat-bag after all and therefore imperfect.

It's OK, I can have yours after I prove my mechanical superiority :P

Brex123 on
  • Options
    specspec Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really enjoyed having my forumer badge last year and I totally appreciate it. I'd like another one this year. :)

spec on
  • Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've already booked everything. Could I please get a badge as well?

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Drakmathus wrote: »
    I've already booked everything. Could I please get a badge as well?

Not only will you get a badge, but your name will be on the back as you added to this thread. Yay for you.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    First PAX here, so... I'll go ahead and do one of the ol' "Count me in" posts.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    Xtian80Xtian80 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is not my first PAX...3rd in fact, but I don't really participate in the forums much. I'd like to but I think that most people don't really care what I have to say. that being said...i can has badge holder??

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    X1ZeroX1Zero Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey kropotkin,

As per our PM's earlier in the year, I will be part of the Canadian Supertrip based out of Vancouver, BC.
    So if I may get my name on the badge, that would be great! As I also mentioned in the PM's, I can distribute them here to other Supertrip participants.

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm in!

Everyone was asking me where the guy was who made those, they all wanted em. At least the first day I had it. I found you kropotkin, or you found me quite early on in PAXtime. I'm not sure I remember whatcha look like though. Though I'm sure you'll look familiar when I see you again.

Anyway, I need to be on that thing. And hey, my names changed! (Make sure it's Slicehawk, and not neuroslice, kropotkin!)

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Xtian80 wrote: »
    This is not my first PAX...3rd in fact, but I don't really participate in the forums much. I'd like to but I think that most people don't really care what I have to say. that being said...i can has badge holder??

Our avatars...

we...

We're twins!

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    P4ND4KEYSP4ND4KEYS Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    I am so up for getting a badge, this is my second PAX and missed out on the badge

P4ND4KEYS on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    12776197.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Xtian80 wrote: »

Our avatars...

we...

We're twins!

We are twins...holy crap. I always wanted a brother!!

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    neuroslice wrote: »
    I'm in!

Everyone was asking me where the guy was who made those, they all wanted em. At least the first day I had it. I found you kropotkin, or you found me quite early on in PAXtime. I'm not sure I remember whatcha look like though. Though I'm sure you'll look familiar when I see you again.

Anyway, I need to be on that thing. And hey, my names changed! (Make sure it's Slicehawk, and not neuroslice, kropotkin!)

Rest assured Mr Slicehawk I shall endeavor to ensure not only you get a badge but also your new name on the back of it.

I am still collating names for the back and will stop doing so on 30th June. I can't spend too much time on these forums however at the moment as I'm very busy preparing for another expo, the name of which shalt not be uttered in these forums. I can hint however that it features the 5th letter in the alphabet which is spoken thrice, much like Beetlejuice.

As for what I look like you can always follow me on twitter where my avatar is a pic of me.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano
    throws his hat into the ring for a badge PlzKThx :)

The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    throws his hat into the ring for a badge PlzKThx :)

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So I'm pretty sure I read all through this thread and I was just wondering, how exactly does one go about obtaining these oh so coveted badge holders? Are you going to be giving them out at PAX where one will have to show proper ID to receive one? Maybe I missed it somewhere? KTHX I'd even be willing to help hand these out to forum dwellers if you need help with that.

Xtian80 on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You can get one for sure if you go on the Train trip or super trip. other than that you can pick one up at the BYOC desk if I remember correctly

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    mavrick88 wrote: »
    You can get one for sure if you go on the Train trip or super trip. other than that you can pick one up at the BYOC desk if I remember correctly

That is correct.

And curse you Kropotkin for going to said convention.... :evil:

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Why doesn't someone update the OP with this information since it comes up every few days.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    Why doesn't someone update the OP with this information since it comes up every few days.

I'll see to that this weekend. This thread has certainly turned into a bit of a monster :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    This is one reason I upped the number of posts per page to 50. 5 seems like a much more approachable number than whatever the default will make.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I use 50 out of habit.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DaNerd wrote: »
    I use 50 out of habit.

Ditto.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    same here

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My badge from last year is hanging right next the the PA Fallout 3 poster and all the other PAX lanyards.

Cell phone pic!
    photo.jpg

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    MeetTheHeavyMeetTheHeavy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'll take one :o

MeetTheHeavy on
    16404.gif
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    that's pretty good for a cell phone pic...
    Ha, I have that same razer lan yard. Actually a whole barrel of them from one of my LAN parties.

So I forget are there going to be multiple badges for different events like the CCST and the CST?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Just the one, with the CCST/CST/WCTT as the core source of names on it.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Damn you Shughes for ninja'd me!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I know it's silly, but I'm looking forward to getting small stuff like lanyards and whatnot from PAX :P Anything I can add to the gaming room wall, just makes me feel that much better

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

What he said!

Apologies for not looking after this thread as much as I'd like but I've been very busy preparing for another expo that shalt not be named on these forums!. Upon my return from said expo I shall be doing my level best to get the badges sorted.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »

What he said!

Apologies for not looking after this thread as much as I'd like but I've been very busy preparing for another expo that shalt not be named on these forums!. Upon my return from said expo I shall be doing my level best to get the badges sorted.

As long as you're supporting PAX at said expo, I will forgive you. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am posting on this thread so I may have my name on a badge that will be recognized by many people.
    However, I use my other name on IRC, and more people know me by Snifit than SOC.
    If you use Snifit, you get a cookie.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'd love to have one too please!

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I would like a badge please and thank you kindly

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    Mr TeatimeMr Teatime Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hahaha BA almost got kicked out of a room in '05 or '06 because someone was running around with one of those signs pointing to her room I believe. What a horrible thing to do to a person.

Also, whether it's the plan or not, I'd be happy to throw some cash at this project. It's a cool idea.

Mr Teatime on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Mr Teatime wrote: »
    Hahaha BA almost got kicked out of a room in '05 or '06 because someone was running around with one of those signs pointing to her room I believe. What a horrible thing to do to a person.

Also, whether it's the plan or not, I'd be happy to throw some cash at this project. It's a cool idea.

Mr Teatime: May I say your forum name is most excellent. Provided you are referring to PG Tips or Typhoo tea. You know, proper builder's tea! Not your namby pamby tasteless Earl Grey poop. I look forward to seeing it scribbled on the front of the badge. As for putting in some money, don't bother. As I have already stated this is just my way of giving back to the PAX forum community, which in my view towers over many other gaming related communities, naming no names of course...

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    that's pretty good for a cell phone pic...
    Ha, I have that same razer lan yard. Actually a whole barrel of them from one of my LAN parties.

It was from my iPhone.
    I got screwed out of some other Razer swag because my friend was using my Razer mouse for BYOC. D:

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's been said and said and said, but Kropotkin is most assuredly constructed of awesome and win. You won't take payment, but will you take free beer? :)

seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
This discussion has been closed.