Options

Mormons are fucking prompt

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Belruel wrote: »
    The Feminist Movement

The next quotation is from a woman who is hurting, and perhaps wonders if anyone but the feminists care about her problems:

"I'm upset that I was always advised to go back and try harder only to get abused more. I need some comfort, I need solace, need hope, need to know Heavenly Father sees all that I have endured. What hope do I have for a chance to live with Heavenly Father? If temple marriage is the key to the celestial [kingdom], where am I? Outside gnashing my teeth for eternity? Help me."

The woman pleading for help needs to see the eternal nature of things and to know that her trials -- however hard to bear -- in the eternal scheme of things may be compared to a very, very bad experience in the second semester of the first grade. She will find no enduring peace in the feminist movement. There she will have no hope. If she knows the plan of redemption, she can be filled with hope.

Apparently if your husband beats you and you don't like it you are a feminist, also, it's really not that bad so get over it. Wow. This can't be what they really believe.
    that exact situation happened to a friend of mine's mom

and in general the church sides with the man, so she was told to go back over and over, and things were.... bad. for her, and for their kids. really bad.

Fuck that. My mom was being abused by her second husband and the church got her out of there REAL fast.
    No...I actually know of quite a few cases in the small mill town that I live next too where the mormons were beating their spouses and children and the church did nothing but defend the men.

To be fair, that isn't just a Mormon thing and other religions and cultures have leaders who think that way as well.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i have had some delightful chats with door-to-door proselytizers

satansfingers on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm sorry to all the other christians but jesus tapdancing christ, ObiFag makes me want to choke a bitch

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    is this "person" really a freshwater crocodile?
    I honestly cannot stop laughing at this

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »
    I'm sorry to all the other christians but jesus tapdancing christ, ObiFag makes me want to choke a bitch

The rest of us aren't like that, seriously. Most of us are actually secure enough to admit that we're placing faith in our religion, we don't feel the need to try and rationalize said faith by claiming we 'know' something we really don't.

Javen on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Is he seriously comparing something as broad and open to interpretation as spirituality to a basic taste receptor reaction that an overwhelming number of people have experienced and could come to a basic consensus on?

Yep

Then try it. Explain to me what salt tastes like. Taking into account that I have never tasted salt.

Its very much like me trying to describe to you how I know what I know about spiritual matters. Your "spiritual taste receptor reaction" has never experienced it.

what other bases of comparison do you have?

i could say that salt tastes like sweat, for example

or like sea water

Those both have salt. This person has NEVER tasted salt.

how about semen?

sand? soy sauce? fish sauce?

Quoth on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Good thing your scrawny little nerd body can't crush a soda can.

Oh boy, cause if you could we would be in trouble, Tossrock strangling bitches and hitting people with buses.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Is he seriously comparing something as broad and open to interpretation as spirituality to a basic taste receptor reaction that an overwhelming number of people have experienced and could come to a basic consensus on?

Yep

Then try it. Explain to me what salt tastes like. Taking into account that I have never tasted salt.

Its very much like me trying to describe to you how I know what I know about spiritual matters. Your "spiritual taste receptor reaction" has never experienced it.

what other bases of comparison do you have?

i could say that salt tastes like sweat, for example

or like sea water

Those both have salt. This person has NEVER tasted salt.

I would give him some fucking salt, because it is a thing that exists, unlike your magic sky friend, you horrible little man

i like this answer the best

Quoth on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

The next quotation is from a woman who is hurting, and perhaps wonders if anyone but the feminists care about her problems:

"I'm upset that I was always advised to go back and try harder only to get abused more. I need some comfort, I need solace, need hope, need to know Heavenly Father sees all that I have endured. What hope do I have for a chance to live with Heavenly Father? If temple marriage is the key to the celestial [kingdom], where am I? Outside gnashing my teeth for eternity? Help me."

The woman pleading for help needs to see the eternal nature of things and to know that her trials -- however hard to bear -- in the eternal scheme of things may be compared to a very, very bad experience in the second semester of the first grade. She will find no enduring peace in the feminist movement. There she will have no hope. If she knows the plan of redemption, she can be filled with hope.

Apparently if your husband beats you and you don't like it you are a feminist, also, it's really not that bad so get over it. Wow. This can't be what they really believe.

and in general the church sides with the man, so she was told to go back over and over, and things were.... bad. for her, and for their kids. really bad.

Fuck that. My mom was being abused by her second husband and the church got her out of there REAL fast.
    the man is a charismatic active member in good standing, and she is a meek, slightly strange lady. this guy, you meet this guy, and you like him, he is just the coolest guy. until you find out what an absolute piece of slime he is in his home.

My real dad is that way. He hides all of his statements behind religion but is just a giant douche.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Salt tastes like being thirsty.

Javen on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    oh look jigrah played the nerd card

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

No...I actually know of quite a few cases in the small mill town that I live next too where the mormons were beating their spouses and children and the church did nothing but defend the men.

To be fair, that isn't just a Mormon thing and other religions and cultures have leaders who think that way as well.

yeah but for a big leader of the church to come out and say that, and in my lifetime is just mind blowing. especially considering how much they butter you up as a mormon female about 'loving homes' and 'blessings abound' and 'your strong faithful husband'

i know he's an old cook, but he's an old cook they put into power and they allowed him to talk. and when the leader of the quorum of the twelve speaks, you listen because you are taught that that is some important shit

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

whatever nerd

satansfingers on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have spent the entire morning and most of the afternoon on this thread. I am never going to finish my paper until this thread hits 100 and gets locked.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

You triggered my nerd card!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

whatever nerd
    you've activated my nerd card!

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

Oh boy, cause if you could we would be in trouble, Tossrock strangling bitches and hitting people with buses.

Now you're just asking me to camwhore

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009

whatever nerd
    why don't you go do some calculations

on your calculator

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Do it.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What's worse, this will probably incite Tossrock to post a picture of his abs, as he is wont to do.

Which will then get Fiz in here and everything falls apart.

Javen on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Who wants to read a terrible joke?

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

yes

Me Too! on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    watch out tossrock, he might give you an e-swirlie

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited February 2009

me

unless it involves animal cruelty, in which case not me

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Those interested in my musculature can probably find some from threads of yore

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

is a camwhore some kind of puny nerd thing that nerrrrdss do?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Darth, why do you even need to ask? Aye, do it, laddy.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    I do, Darth.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

is a camwhore some kind of puny nerd thing that nerrrrdss do?

Pretty much, yeah.

Javen on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

DL is going to go workout, get fucked up, go home for the weekend, go out and do his damndest to get laid and go back to school on Monday?

Yeah.

Pretty terrible, dog.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    two mormons walk into a bar

one says "ow!"

Faricazy on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

We already know what Urian looks like so don't use his photos.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Unless you got a better joke.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

A man comes home one evening to find his wife standing in front of the mirror in their bedroom completely naked and looking at her self. She says "time has not been kind, my breasts sag, my butt is bigger, and I'm carrying weight on my thighs". Her husband walks over to her, gives her a kiss on the cheek and says "well honey, at least your eye sight is still good".

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I have spent the entire morning and most of the afternoon on this thread. I am never going to finish my paper until this thread hits 100 and gets locked.

I am so pushing for this. Lets hope Darth just tells jokes till page 100. Then we can put this thread behind us and go back to the normal SE++. Where I don't post and just laugh at the awesomeness of most everyone in this forum.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

one says "ow!"

That would never happen, silly. Mormons stay away from bars.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Whaddaya tell a women with two black eyes and no teeth?
    Nothin'. Plenty more where she came from.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

fixed

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Whaddaya tell a women with two black eyes and no teeth?
    mormaimed
    fixed

Faricazy on
This discussion has been closed.