Options

Mormons are fucking prompt

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

The next quotation is from a woman who is hurting, and perhaps wonders if anyone but the feminists care about her problems:

"I'm upset that I was always advised to go back and try harder only to get abused more. I need some comfort, I need solace, need hope, need to know Heavenly Father sees all that I have endured. What hope do I have for a chance to live with Heavenly Father? If temple marriage is the key to the celestial [kingdom], where am I? Outside gnashing my teeth for eternity? Help me."

The woman pleading for help needs to see the eternal nature of things and to know that her trials -- however hard to bear -- in the eternal scheme of things may be compared to a very, very bad experience in the second semester of the first grade. She will find no enduring peace in the feminist movement. There she will have no hope. If she knows the plan of redemption, she can be filled with hope.

Apparently if your husband beats you and you don't like it you are a feminist, also, it's really not that bad so get over it. Wow. This can't be what they really believe.
    You are confusing church doctrine with some of the silly things church leaders have said.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    So if we all voted to ban Mormonism that would be ok?

Quick guys, let's get on that!

I would vote for this a thousand times

like, I would go to jail for electoral fraud

Let's not single out the Mormon church, there are plenty of other groups who supported Prop 8.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    I propose an Alcoholicaracy where social class is determined buy demonstrating alcohol tolerance.

I will vote for this

Stop disenfranchising me :(

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    Is he seriously comparing something as broad and open to interpretation as spirituality to a basic taste receptor reaction that an overwhelming number of people have experienced and could come to a basic consensus on?

Yep

Then try it. Explain to me what salt tastes like. Taking into account that I have never tasted salt.

Its very much like me trying to describe to you how I know what I know about spiritual matters. Your "spiritual taste receptor reaction" has never experienced it.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

The next quotation is from a woman who is hurting, and perhaps wonders if anyone but the feminists care about her problems:

"I'm upset that I was always advised to go back and try harder only to get abused more. I need some comfort, I need solace, need hope, need to know Heavenly Father sees all that I have endured. What hope do I have for a chance to live with Heavenly Father? If temple marriage is the key to the celestial [kingdom], where am I? Outside gnashing my teeth for eternity? Help me."

The woman pleading for help needs to see the eternal nature of things and to know that her trials -- however hard to bear -- in the eternal scheme of things may be compared to a very, very bad experience in the second semester of the first grade. She will find no enduring peace in the feminist movement. There she will have no hope. If she knows the plan of redemption, she can be filled with hope.

Apparently if your husband beats you and you don't like it you are a feminist, also, it's really not that bad so get over it. Wow. This can't be what they really believe.
    that exact situation happened to a friend of mine's mom

and in general the church sides with the man, so she was told to go back over and over, and things were.... bad. for her, and for their kids. really bad.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I propose an Alcoholicaracy where social class is determined buy demonstrating alcohol tolerance.

i think we're all eager to have president dwayne elizondo mountain dew herbert camacho

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

God damn, Marines would hold every office.

Nothing would be sacred.

Correct. You too, Wiggin.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    in the land of booze, the liverless man is king

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Is he seriously comparing something as broad and open to interpretation as spirituality to a basic taste receptor reaction that an overwhelming number of people have experienced and could come to a basic consensus on?

Yep

Then try it. Explain to me what salt tastes like. Taking into account that I have never tasted salt.

Its very much like me trying to describe to you how I know what I know about spiritual matters. Your "spiritual taste receptor reaction" has never experienced it.

It's an example they teach in the church.

I tasted salt and decided it wasn't my thang.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yep

what other bases of comparison do you have?

i could say that salt tastes like sweat, for example

or like sea water

Quoth on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In this new world, can I be minister of Gin? I love gin

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    The Feminist Movement

and in general the church sides with the man, so she was told to go back over and over, and things were.... bad. for her, and for their kids. really bad.

Fuck that. My mom was being abused by her second husband and the church got her out of there REAL fast.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

i think we're all eager to have president dwayne elizondo mountain dew herbert camacho
    his mother named him after his uncle robert dwayne elizondo mountain dew herbert camacho.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    In this new world, can I be minister of Gin? I love gin

i shall rule the seas with my trusted lieutenants morgan and jerry

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

Yep

What you believe etc etc fuck yourself

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i call Whiskey Baron

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    can we take a moment to reflect on how hilarious the phrase spiritual taste receptor reaction is

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Nothing would be sacred.

Jarheads in office hoooey we are all fucked

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yep

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i have a plane

it's red

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

Fuck that. My mom was being abused by her second husband and the church got her out of there REAL fast.
    No...I actually know of quite a few cases in the small mill town that I live next too where the mormons were beating their spouses and children and the church did nothing but defend the men.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

Not all wards are lucky to have that kind of leadership.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Feminist Movement

the man is a charismatic active member in good standing, and she is a meek, slightly strange lady. this guy, you meet this guy, and you like him, he is just the coolest guy. until you find out what an absolute piece of slime he is in his home.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    can we take a moment to reflect on how hilarious the phrase spiritual taste receptor reaction is

Gonna be the name of my debut album coming out this fall

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    if that isn't a metaphor for priest juice, i don't know what is

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yep

or like sea water

Those both have salt. This person has NEVER tasted salt.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    VoC please remember most of the first-wave feminists (the ones that were for gender equality and such) haven't called themselves "feminists" in years

What does that have to do with a Mormon leader in the 90s declaring 'the feminisit movement' a threat to the church because it makes women unsatisfied with being beaten by their husbands?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i know the church is true doggs

that's why they cheap out on fluorescent lighting and holy tap water

Homeless on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Nothing would be sacred.

Jarheads in office hoooey we are all fucked

That is both terrifying and amazing at the same time. So much shit would get done.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yep

or like sea water

is this "person" really a freshwater crocodile?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some Jehovah's Witnesses just came to my door with a copy of the Bible

I just told them no thanks but have a nice day

I have a lot of work to do

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yep

or like sea water

Salt, it, it makes me thirsty.

THIRSTY FOR GOD.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Nothing would be sacred.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yep

or like sea water

I would give him some fucking salt, because it is a thing that exists, unlike your magic sky friend, you horrible little man

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    VoC please remember most of the first-wave feminists (the ones that were for gender equality and such) haven't called themselves "feminists" in years

What does that have to do with a Mormon leader in the 90s declaring 'the feminisit movement' a threat to the church because it makes women unsatisfied with being beaten by their husbands?
    Oh jeez I didn't really read your post, its my kneejerk reaction anytime somebody mentions "feminism" on the internet, because 99% of the time its a quote from a far-right feminist blog that is pure craziness

my bad

I was so confused because I had no idea where you were going with that.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    now i feel so stupid for not taking the untagged book of mormon i found at salvation army

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Some Jehovah's Witnesses just came to my door with a copy of the Bible

I just told them no thanks but have a nice day

I have a lot of work to do

You are not living up the the SE++ standard of scaring them away with a pitched tent.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yep

A) There is no such thing as a spiritual taste receptor reaction, but there are taste buds that connect to our brains and transmit information that we interpret as our sense of taste

B) An overwhelming number of humans have experienced salt directly with 1 of their major senses, yet the same can not be said of spirituality (the whole need for faith vs evidence)

C) With enough time and consensus we could come together and explain saltiness to you as compared to the other major taste receptors (bitterness, sweet, etc) if you shared our common bond of taste

D) Who is to say your experience with god, going by your use of analogy, isn't synthenasia. Maybe you're perceiving stimulus completely wrong. Like you're cold and it makes you hear invisible sky men compel you to hate gay people in his name. Who knows. I'm just cold, so I put on a jacket instead of deliberately singling out a group of people and telling them they don't deserve the same legal rights as me.

E) Your logic is that of a child throwing ice cubes at the sun because it is too hot outside

Hunter on
This discussion has been closed.