As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout Thread: As Paradise falls, so falls Paradise Falls.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Real Time Settler mod........ D:

I knew this day would come. I've come to love my xbox copy with a passion, but I must ascend to PChood with this.

The scale of good mods vs. wasting 50 dollars has tipped.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The fact that I was using FOOK and had maxed energy weapons skill might've helped. Then again I seem to have a knack for avoiding the more crippling and devestating of bugs and the like that plague so many others. emot-smug.gif

ZM: That ain't the next logical step, bigger gun is the next logical step. Faster gun is more a sidethought you have while taking a break from the pursuit of the bigger gun.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Real Time Settler mod........ D:

I knew this day would come. I've come to love my xbox copy with a passion, but I must ascend to PChood with this.

The scale of good mods vs. wasting 50 dollars has tipped.

You won't regret it. Mart's Mutant Mod alone adds dozens of new monsters, stat variations and new skins (104 for Super Mutants!). If a Behemoth scared you before, just wait until you meet his older brother.

If you have a beefy rig, there's also high-resolution texture packs and countless ways to customize the appearance of the game (I strongly suggest getting The Outbreak Wasteland Moods).

SOR: The Laser Gatling is pretty big, friend.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Do not play with MMM unless you have a beefy computer, Cause that shit murders computers. Especially with increase increased and feral ghoul rampage.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Does MMM really hog up resources? God damn, I was wondering why Vanilla was working so well and then things started falling to shit once I made the mod rounds.

EDIT: I mean, I can understand if you've got IIS and FGR (and even then it's mainly the outdoors with massed spawnings that it becomes a problem) but do you mean the rest of that stuff also sucks down power?

ZM: But it ain't a big gun, y'dig? It's all well and good to pepper the enemy with laser bolts, but sometimes you just wanna' vaporize a man from the ankles up instead of turning him to swiss cheese. Not to mention that all the laser gatlings in the world won't do you any good if the damage's so insignifigant the enemy can just shrug it off.

Like they pretty much always seem to do... :(

Sorenson on
  • Options
    RenegadeSilenceRenegadeSilence Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That Real Time Settler's mod pretty cool spent like an hour building my town on top of an isolated highway bridge. It looks pretty cool I got the town to network under the bridge so there's a bunch of catwalks under it. Unfortunately any time my town's people detect an enemy near they run straight off the fucking thing trying to attack. Raiders are also equally as hilarious as I only have one entrance, a spiraling staircase into my town so they spaz out trying to get in.

RenegadeSilence on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That Real Time Settler's mod pretty cool spent like an hour building my town on top of an isolated highway bridge. It looks pretty cool I got the town to network under the bridge so there's a bunch of catwalks under it. Unfortunately any time my town's people detect an enemy near they runs straight off the fucking thing trying to attack. Raiders are also equally as hilarious as I only have one entrance, a spiraling staircase into my town so they spaz out trying to get in.

I just had this funny mental image of people clutching mini-nukes to their chests and diving off the high road at invaders.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    MMM doesn't hog resources unless you put ridiculous stuff in it, like IS or IIS. Feral Ghoul Rampage isn't terrible, either.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seems like Mart ratcheted up the number of baddies spawning in regular MMM with the latest RC. My last one was RC2 and I never got hordes of mole rats coming at me all at once in that one.

freakish light on
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, Tenpenny Tower.
    I really wish more games had quests like this, where the line between the good and bad resolutions is blurred. They set it up as the good path being helping the ghouls move in, but the aftermath of that doesn't work out so well. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to do this one in my current playthough.

On the one hand, the residents of Tenpenny Tower are kind of being dicks. On the other hand, that crazy bastard Roy wants to just murder them all. I can't decide if I want to just kill Roy outright (Michael is a little sympathetic though, which makes that option hard) or take the third way out and convince the humans to leave.

No idea which way I'll pick, I actually had to stop playing tonight because I can't decide.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My rig isn't all that amazing and it handles MMM RC4 just fine.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, Tenpenny Tower.
    I really wish more games had quests like this, where the line between the good and bad resolutions is blurred. They set it up as the good path being helping the ghouls move in, but the aftermath of that doesn't work out so well. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to do this one in my current playthough.

On the one hand, the residents of Tenpenny Tower are kind of being dicks. On the other hand, that crazy bastard Roy wants to just murder them all. I can't decide if I want to just kill Roy outright (Michael is a little sympathetic though, which makes that option hard) or take the third way out and convince the humans to leave.

No idea which way I'll pick, I actually had to stop playing tonight because I can't decide.

IIRC
    You can convince them to let the ghouls in then kill roy and they shouldn't kill any of the humans

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, Tenpenny Tower.

IIRC
    You can convince them to let the ghouls in then kill roy and they shouldn't kill any of the humans
    Ooo, if that is possible I will be doing that option. Roy needs a bullet in his head.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Will upgrading to patch 1.7 break everything again?

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I vote the thread title be changed to "Mothership Gary releasing this Gary"

because everyone knows that if you Gary a Gary, only Garys will Gary your Gary.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Not only a great suggestion, but also a great TOTP that made me laugh pretty hard at 3 a.m.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I Gary this.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gary.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I Gary this.

I also Gary this Gary.

It's sufficiently Gary for the Gary of this Gary.
    Gary.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    TalkRadar.jpg

Ha ha! Gary!

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Woah that's Gary.

Woah.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That's the Gariest Gary that ever Garied a Gary.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Gary Busey reskin of Gary NAO.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hrm. I have the xbox version. I need more DLC. Only have Operation Anchorage, whereas I need EVERYTHING ELSE. But that's expensive. And I just hit level 20. So I need to get broken steel first to raise my level cap. SIGH

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Shit's up and Downloading properly. No word on terrible horrible alpha code DLC switcharoo so far.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh gaaaaryyyy

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GRAY, GARY. Coincidence? I think not. Gaaaarrrryyy.

Robman on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Actually, Lucas Simms won't notice you're from the Vault if you're not wearing a Vault Suit of some variety (although Moira does, somehow).

That's the last time in the game dialogue changes based on your appearance/clothes.

That's not true. There is at least one other instance where wearing different clothes will change dialogue (Wearing Simms' outfit), according to the fallout wiki. There may be others but I haven't read every single last article.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think we all know what we're talking about when we're talking about something changing conversation options in Fallout.
    JAMBAAGLR

Robman on
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Actually, Lucas Simms won't notice you're from the Vault if you're not wearing a Vault Suit of some variety (although Moira does, somehow).

That's the last time in the game dialogue changes based on your appearance/clothes.

That's not true. There is at least one other instance where wearing different clothes will change dialogue (Wearing Simms' outfit), according to the fallout wiki. There may be others but I haven't read every single last article.

The obvious one would be wearing the Antagoniser's costume when going to see the Mechanist, or vice-versa. Oh, and if you're wearing outcast armor before the start of Operation Anchorage their leader will ask you why you're not at your post.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What the hell is JAMBAAGLR anyway

Some reference to DLC that I don't have

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Last thread we raged for pages that there isn't a retard playthrough option in Fallout 3. We imagined what people would say if you had 1 INT like you could do in Fallout 1 and 2. In the first two games, people would treat you like a fucking tard, and you could only grunt at people. It was awesome.

Robman on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=10993548&postcount=2026

follow that link to see its origins and the great if not absolutely godly man who created it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

follow that link to see its origins and the great if not absolutely godly man who created it.

Truly this man was a visionary and a poet. :P

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Truly this man was a visionary and a poet. :P

Truly this gary was a JAMBAAAGLR.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I Gary this.

I also Gary this Gary.

It's sufficiently Gary for the Gary of this Gary.
    Gary.

motion garied

freakish light on
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Download complete! Now I just have to clean up my mod load order.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Downloading Mothership Zeta right now. I had no idea it was being released today, a very pleasant surprise.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But tomorrow isn't Wednesday i so i think the wiki is lying.

sweet vindication

freakish light on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Any idea if Mothership Zeta is going to be released on a standalone disc like dlcs? I want to avoid using the Microsoft store whenever Gary.

Wait what? I haven't even Garied the Vault that Garied Gary Gary!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg