As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What the fuck North Korea?

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    neither does growing a beard and holding a sign with a vaguely coherent slogan sharpied across it.

Man, my summer is ruined.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Xhero wrote: »
    Man, you know what? North Korea is a place where people can't enjoy simple shit. Laying in bed for a few minutes after you wake up with the covers all snug just enjoying the warmth and shit. Standing on your back porch drinking coffee in the morning listening to birds chirp. Going to a diner late at night with your friends and talking to your favorite waitress for like an hour.

i think you'll find that includes a hell of a lot more places than just north korea

Speaking the truth, Xhero. Good call on that one. We should try to fix it so everyone can do that kinda stuff. Let's make some calls.

Eugenics can solve all of this. Let us breed a master race of people who enjoy sleeping in, drinking coffee on a back porch, and going to diners to chat up the waitresses. Let us also breed a master race of mattress makers, coffee growers, and waitresses so we don't run out. Oh and a master race of diners to go to as well.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »
    So Jet Li's Fearless is a fucking awesome movie.

I wasn't a huge fan of that one

I always liked Unleashed best

Of course if we're talking rad martial arts shit Ong Bak 2 hits the states this fall

I have seen this and it is the most awesome fucking thing

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Yes, exactly what I want when I go see an action movie. Some fuck with his hat out begging for my wallet, which was emptied by the fucking ridiculously expensive movie. YAY.
    metz if you thought he was actually asking for money then you need this:

Cascade%20helmet.jpg

so you don't hurt yourself, see

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Yes, exactly what I want when I go see an action movie. Some fuck with his hat out begging for my wallet, which was emptied by the fucking ridiculously expensive movie. YAY.
    metz if you thought he was actually asking for money then you need this:

Cascade%20helmet.jpg

so you don't hurt yourself, see

I was more complaining about how fucking expensive movies are.

Also that's much nicer than my current helmet.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That helmet is awesome looking.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hockey helmet i think.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, although I've never heard of cascade.

L|ama on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So Jet Li's every movie he has ever been in is a fucking awesome movie.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    So Jet Li's every movie he has ever been in is a fucking awesome movie.

i'm not sure what this has to do with the Great Leader and everything, but Jet Li's recent movies have been pretty hit or miss. Romeo Must Die and Kiss of the Dragon for example, were pretty bad.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, apparently the Iranian government pulled a stunt to keep Ahmedinejad in power that makes Robert Mugabe look like a clever and subtle mastermind, and people there are pissed.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    holy wow

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Good for them. I hope the Iranian people can finally be fucking heard. I'd imagine most of them aren't hard-line lunatics like Ahmadinejad.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You can see some protestors getting beat here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8098834.stm

NotASenator on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    things will be all well and good for the protestors until the police get tired of it and the revolutionary guards step in

I've had contact with them before, in the Persian Gulf. They're insane.

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    haha, the cars are like "Guys, seriously, I gotta do a thing. You mind? Yeah that's it , just lemme, dude I just gotta get, ok thanks. Good luck with the riot"

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Beating protesters just makes them complain more though

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    also, it's good to see really fat cops exist elsewhere

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The best part is how they hit the dude to get him to stop resisting, but then keep hitting him as they drag him away.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    The best part is how they hit the dude to get him to stop resisting, but then keep hitting him as they drag him away.
    and then they just decide, "ok, you've been beaten enough" and just walk away
    edit: or did you mean the dude they were dragging along the ground?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Faricazy on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i love the one guy in the stylishly ripped skinny jeans throwing something in the first video

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i love the one guy in the stylishly ripped skinny jeans throwing something in the first video

well he couldnt throw it very far, the too skinny jeans restricted his movement

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Enemies may want to spoil the sweetness of this event... with some kind of ill-intentioned provocations," the ayatollah said.

Yes, how sweet it is.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    "Enemies may want to spoil the sweetness of this event... with some kind of ill-intentioned provocations," the ayatollah said.

Yes, how sweet it is.

Well, of course. Khamenei controls the military and half the Guardian Counsel. He gets the guy in that he wants.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How is the Supreme Leader selected again? It's a sort of indirect democracy thing, right?

Drew-B on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »
    How is the Supreme Leader selected again? It's a sort of indirect democracy thing, right?

The Assembly of Experts is a group that meets like twice a year to see if he's doing ok.

The Assembly is only made up of clerics and is elected by the people, but like everything else, the Guardian Counsel, which is half made up of guys picked by the Supreme Leader, decides who can run.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Drew-B wrote: »

The Assembly of Experts is a group that meets like twice a year to see if he's doing ok.

The Assembly is only made up of clerics and is elected by the people, but like everything else, the Guardian Counsel, which is half made up of guys picked by the Supreme Leader, decides who can run.

foolproof plan

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, they have this whole checks and balances thing and full elections and all this stuff.

Except that Counsel can bar people from running and Supreme Ruler has to confirm presidential results and if things really stop going his way? He controls the military.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sooo the Supreme leader selects half of the Guardian Counsel--the guardian counsel determines who can run for the The Assembly, and The Assembly is the check on power of the Supreme Leader?

Shit.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i was asleep is the revolution happening in iran yet

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Iran's Controversial Election Results Raises Questions Over Its Relations to U.S.
    But U.S. officials are skeptical of the outcome, in which the government declared President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad the winner Saturday.

U.S. analysts find it "not credible" that challenger Mir Hossein Mousavi would have lost the balloting in his hometown
    or that a third candidate, Mehdi Karoubi, would have received less than 1 percent of the total vote, a senior U.S. officials told FOX News.

Despite a reportedly record turnout of 85 percent, the senior official said given the "not credible" counts for Mousavi and Karoubi, the turnout clearly was questionable.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ahahaha

101 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I wish I could say a lot of the bad shit going down in Iran right now is a product of its aged leaders, and will soon die out with time. However, judging anecdotally from a few memoirs I've read, written by Iranians, it seems that for every progressive standing up in the college classroom to speak out, there are several other strict conservatives in that same classroom who fiercely echo the rhetoric of the current regime. And I don't mean these are debates on salient issues like freedom of expression. More often, it's someone arguing that The Great Gatsby and F. Scott Fitzgerald are the embodiment of all that is wrong in the world, with one of the more progressive students possibly sticking up for the book. Now, it's likely that some reform will come as a new generation rises, but it seems a lot of people assume that as soon as these middle aged-and-older guys in power are dead, the Iranian youth will all spring up in unison to declare their love of western liberalism.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think my favorite thing ever would be if ellie wiesel and ahmenajad had a meeting and wiesel just punched him in the dick and set him on fire

it would be the best day of my life

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nothing's going to change in Iran until their whole system of government is scrapped. Most people that should know say that the Iranian youth is really pissy and rebellious toward their government, but when the government is controlled by the Clerics in an incestuous house-of-cards, there's not much the youth are going to be able to do without violence, and I kinda doubt they could pull it off without foreign aid or intervention - which always works out so well for the aiders/interveners.

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i can't believe Adam Lambert lost the Iran elections

Zoolander on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I think my favorite thing ever would be if ellie wiesel and ahmenajad had a meeting and wiesel just punched him in the dick and set him on fire

it would be the best day of my life

Elie Wiesel is such a badass

I saw something where Oprah is interviewing him in a death camp, and she's asking all of these dumb, lighthearted questions, and Elie just goes "Yes, this is where the people died"

So I think our friend Mahmoud would end up "accidentally" shut in a gas chamber

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.