Options

[weeaboo bullshit] Shin-Chan :'(

• Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Slicer wrote: »
    So upon closer examination of that Fall Season guide I notice an anime about various trains from Tokyo being anthropomorphized as pretty boys.

Oh Japan.

Not much different from various WWII planes/pilots being moefied.

Well if the promo pic is any indication, one big difference is that these guys will be wearing pants.
    An excuse to repost this, yay!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgUQOmUiu4Q

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe moe trains.

Joule on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited September 2009
    07073105fastech360nekomkx0.jpg

Aroduc on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Joule wrote: »
    blkmage wrote: »
    Bakemonogatari 10:
    Everyone was right. I thought most of the episode wasn't too much worse than their usual shenanigans, but then the action scene came and yeah, that was fantastically bad, even for SHAFT. I think the OP (which was kinda catchy) had the most animation out of any scene from that episode.

Yeah. Pretty bad. Worse I've seen from Shaft. They've got to fix this for the dvd release. Nadeko Snake ended a lot sooner than I expected.

That was really shoddy. The occasional "cut due to various circumstances" can be chalked up to a stylistic choice, but cutting the entire climax of a story arc to nearly nothing? Bad move.

Cute OP though.
    Man, the first 17 minutes or so I thought "Oh, this isn't so bad" :). But then the remaining 5 minutes happened D:. Why is it whenever I say that I tend to always end up being thrown into a fit of despair?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know, Trapeze looks interesting.

Now, whether that is good interesting or train wreck interesting is yet to be seen.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Now, whether that is good interesting or train wreck interesting is yet to be seen.

the still struck me as Murakamiesque.

I have no idea if that is a good or bad thing.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Joule wrote: »
    blkmage wrote: »
    Bakemonogatari 10:
    Everyone was right. I thought most of the episode wasn't too much worse than their usual shenanigans, but then the action scene came and yeah, that was fantastically bad, even for SHAFT. I think the OP (which was kinda catchy) had the most animation out of any scene from that episode.

Yeah. Pretty bad. Worse I've seen from Shaft. They've got to fix this for the dvd release. Nadeko Snake ended a lot sooner than I expected.

That was really shoddy. The occasional "cut due to various circumstances" can be chalked up to a stylistic choice, but cutting the entire climax of a story arc to nearly nothing? Bad move.

Cute OP though.
    Man, the first 17 minutes or so I thought "Oh, this isn't so bad" :). But then the remaining 5 minutes happened D:. Why is it whenever I say that I tend to always end up being thrown into a fit of despair?
    Seriously, my exact reaction right there.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Elldren wrote: »

the still struck me as Murakamiesque.

I have no idea if that is a good or bad thing.

Same staff as Mononoke. Doesn't mean much, but at least that's something not generic out of fucking everything in that season.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah, just waiting for them to go back to that instead of "Sasuke runs around being a douche while everyone holds pity parties for him."

I want Killer Bee and Raikage to meet up and tag team Sasuke's little group.

Or everyone really.

I want a side manga that focuses on the Raikage's path to becoming the fucking man, with a healthy dose of Killer Bee by his side.

The Bee busting out terrible raps while the future Raikage busting electric power bombs all up ins.

Glorious

Aside from that I just want Sasuske to fucking die already. Not even the early american teen demographic like him anymore.

Godfather on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Yeah, just waiting for them to go back to that instead of "Sasuke runs around being a douche while everyone holds pity parties for him."

Or everyone really.

I want a side manga that focuses on the Raikage's path to becoming the fucking man, with a healthy dose of Killer Bee by his side.

The Bee busting out terrible raps while the future Raikage busting electric power bombs all up ins.

Glorious

Aside from that I just want Sasuske to fucking die already. Not even the early american teen demographic like him anymore.

i read a pretty good explanation of why he sucks

his character has become so dependent on angst that as soon as the main source of his angst was resolved he immediately had to switch over to another tack entirely because otherwise he wouldn't have any goddamned personality

his entire person revolves around being a sullen, mopey bitch about everything and it's infuriating

Rust on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    On a side note, those same kids were also devastated that Toonami got pulled.

Completely heartbroken.

There is hope for this generation.

Godfather on
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »

Or everyone really.

Glorious

i read a pretty good explanation of why he sucks

his character has become so dependent on angst that as soon as the main source of his angst was resolved he immediately had to switch over to another tack entirely because otherwise he wouldn't have any goddamned personality

his entire person revolves around being a sullen, mopey bitch about everything and it's infuriating

Well, he could have turned into an awesome well adjusted hero after the source of his angst was revealed. But no, he is lameeeeeee

NotYou on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Are we going to take up another few pages posting good toonami promos?

If so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hj8xW3r9Bg

I've always liked this one.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This one for Dragonball was fucking sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOt_7P7j1s0&feature=related

That arabic backbeat was something else

EDIT: Shit, they used it twice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbAUaCu9-5s&feature=related

Godfather on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man wish they had released another Toonami soundtrack.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Man wish they had released another Toonami soundtrack.

I still have the Black Hole Remix in my music library.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmNRv7yVfk&feature=related

Yes, that is Optimus Prime. Yes, the trailer attempts to make Tenchi sound bad ass.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kino's Journey "movie" 1: cute little Kino = tragedy is imminent.
    Yep, this bitch is crazy alright.
    Nice to see more of Kino's back story.
    Waaait a second...
    Master knew that crazy lady would try to kill Kino! Damn, that's cold.
    Wow, the resolution on movie 2 is soooo much nicer than the series or movie 1.
    3-d animated countryside is a change, though I'm not sure it's for the better. Oooh it looks quite nice for inside the city, though.
    Kino seems a little girlier than usual in this one.
    Ok so how is this country going to be completely fucked up?
    Oh shit- ominous music. Bad things incoming.
    Goddamnit. Every fucking country.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51rOp1Ow-NY&feature=related

one more for the road. I don't think anything has ever gotten me as excited for a show then this little promo.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man looks like I'm the only one excited about Railgun... the preview probably didn't help since it only focused on the LOL LESBIANS angle.

They should have showed the chainsaw whip.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Falx wrote: »
    Man looks like I'm the only one excited about Railgun... the preview probably didn't help since it only focused on the LOL LESBIANS angle.
    I didn't care before, but if it's about LOL LESBIANS, sign me up!

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm also very interested in it.
    Delicious biribiri...

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Oh yeah it's like they're everywhere you should totally watch it man it's like bam there's one and then bam there's another one like eveywhere man.
    Not really, I lied... it's used as a gag more than actual fanservice. It's a action series more than anything.

Falx on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited September 2009
    Or an exposition series.

It should still be greatly improved by giving JCStaff much more free reign to get away from the endless droning on and ditching Captain "I'm an automatic counter to fucking everything" from the protagonist role.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Is it just me or are some of those monkeys named after Cross Game characters?

Falx on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So another title change and yet that typo is still there, winking me in the face, making me imagine it says "Anne mated with Weeaboos uff". Damn you Dac Vin.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin hates anime.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    But more importantly, he hates himself [que dramatic music]

EDIT: Liang Qi is fucking awesome!

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:
    Correction: She was.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh hey thanks, I was gonna watch that after work but I guess now I don't have to.

Falx on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am the Anti-Pika. Come inside my Pikamobile.

Seriously, come on. Read it again tell me what I spoiled.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I usually don't rave about these things, but that kind of ruins the whole thing.

Dick.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh come on!

Fine will edit

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just watched episode 13 of the new Haruhi series.
    So everything that happened in the episode I knew was coming, because y'know, light novels. But I realized it was all kinda coming in quick. And the last segment of the episode that shows what happened after the final segment from the first series (which is great by the way), let alone the credits coming in at this point, made me realize... is it over? Are we going to have to wait for more? They didn't even do the Disappearance arc!

Henroid on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    one more for the road. I don't think anything has ever gotten me as excited for a show then this little promo.

Am I the only one who got the impression from this trailer than the Gundam pilots were a bunch of murderous war-mongers, and the panicking OZ pilots were the protagonists?

Interesting what you can do with a trailer.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Or an exposition series.

It should still be greatly improved by giving JCStaff much more free reign to get away from the endless droning on and ditching Captain "I'm an automatic counter to fucking everything" from the protagonist role.

I don't think I've ever seen a non-Shonen Jump series with as much pointless exposition as Index.

I'm surprised I made it to the end of the first arc before giving up. They repeated some tidbits so many times that I have the fact that Index has 103,000 magical books memorized permanently ingrained into my brain.

That said, it was my only major complaint about the show so if Railgun isn't bogged down by it (and doesn't have other unrelated issues, of course) then I'll probably watch it.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Aroduc wrote: »
    Or an exposition series.

I don't think I've ever seen a non-Shonen Jump series with as much pointless exposition as Index.

I'm surprised I made it to the end of the first arc before giving up. They repeated some tidbits so many times that I have the fact that Index has 103,000 magical books memorized permanently ingrained into my brain.

That said, it was my only major complaint about the show so if Railgun isn't bogged down by it (and doesn't have other unrelated issues, of course) then I'll probably watch it.

You really should check out the manga.

Falx on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dac Vin hates anime.
    The running joke used to be "Dac Vin hates everything. But Touhou", but it's not really much of a joke any more. :?

I'll give at least half the season an episode or two, maybe some of the ones that look like utter crap will surprise me. The only ones on the definite watch list are Darker than Black, Railgun, Shin Koihime Musou, and Librarians IIRC.

EDIT: Speaking of AIC, weren't they involved in Tokyo Majin?

I think that's just about the only series I can think of they had a hand in that wasn't complete crap.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

I know I'm late on this (I was at work so there), but the very first thing I thought of when I saw that title was this: NSFW

Is that wrong?

Also, while bored out of my mind (at work) I suddenly thought that I would love to see a Japanese version of Candide, preferably anime, but I'd buy the manga.

Is that wrong?

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dang

blacklagoon-sb-box-set.jpg

I want to watch Black Lagoon now.

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.