As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oaklore wrote: »
    It tough to speak my mind because everyone else is networked. If I point out something suspicios to me, but I don't know that person is tried, true, confirmed, I will die....jumped on as a bodyguard trying to sow confusion. So yes, in a way, I have to go with the choices laid out. Happy?

Oh shit! You mean following bandwagons isn't suspicious!? Ok, so now the logic against me is that I started in the Lounge. And since we've already established that I was assuming Lucky would move before I got to draw, I placed myself in the perfect spot to get an extra card at the beginning of the game.

So, basically, Job's logic is that a bunch of bodyguards all probably started in the room I started in, and since he hasn't seen enough and I'm the last one alive, I must be a bodyguard? Yeah, where are the numbers on this one? Because
    Jobastion wrote:
    it's all about the odds.

You're making the (ridiculous) claim that a bunch of bodyguards must have started in the Lounge because... why? It's central? Why would a bodyguard rather than a regular conspirator want to be in a central location?

Delmain on
  • Options
    oakloreoaklore Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am picking up what youre putting down you two.

oaklore on
    orbit.gif
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is it really that ridiculous of an evaluation?
    There were three (that we know of) that started in the dining room, which is a central location. Only 1 in the lounge. Why wouldn't a bodyguard want to draw extra cards anymore than a conspirator? We know they can get failure cards for defense just like we can. So, extrapolation says to me that it's likely you are another bodyguard. Odds are, as it were.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Did you think of the fact that Room 3 is closer to the early rooms that Lucky would be going to and therefore of more use in the early game?

You know what extrapolation gives you?

http://xkcd.com/605/

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Delmain wrote: »
    Did you think of the fact that Room 3 is closer to the early rooms that Lucky would be going to and therefore of more use in the early game?

You know what extrapolation gives you?

http://xkcd.com/605/

Slow clap.
    That said, Dr Lucky has been in two rooms on the right side of the map, and 5 on the left. With as many players, and movement cards as could be in play, I did think of such a fact, and dismissed it due to observation and reasoning that it'd be fuck all impossible to figure out where he'd end up, and therefore it would be more worth while for them to be able to cover both sides.

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    But which days was he on the left vs the right? Because the only ones that really matter are 1-3, since those are the days that the initial location plays a heavy part. After that, you could have moved all the way across the board.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and why didn't you say something this stupid earlier so I could argue with you about it?

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    But which days was he on the left vs the right? Because the only ones that really matter are 1-3, since those are the days that the initial location plays a heavy part. After that, you could have moved all the way across the board.

Day 1 and 2 on the left. Day 3 on the right.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Rooms 2 and 3 hardly count as right or left of the map, they are the center.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Blah blah blah, don't care anymore.

Kill me, see my name in white, and have no more information than you did yesterday.

GO BODYGUARDS! YEAH!

Delmain on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Delmain, plush'thulhu fhtagn.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Kill me, see my name in tan, and have no more information than you did yesterday.

GO BODYGUARDS! YEAH!

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Kill me, see my name in tan, and have no more information than you did yesterday.

GO BODYGUARDS! YEAH!

Tan/white, whatever, just because Blarney's screwing with the colors in this phalla is no reason for white to not mean villager.

Delmain on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey !Delmain

You are wanted on the telephone!

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh shit! I am? I'll get it.

Delmain on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Vote closes in an hour, get those orders in!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Game Day 8 has ended.

Any actions or votes made before the hour (x:59) will count, while actions or votes made on the hour or later (x:00) will not count.

Results should be ready in about 30 minutes.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You know, a lot of these weapons make sense. But how the hell does anyone expect me to attempt to kill Houn with a spatula? Am I going to hit him with brownie mix or something?

Jobastion on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, you could try and flip him over like a burger.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doesn't sound nearly as awesome as a coat rack.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Please, when I was up in the patio i got hit by a freaking 20 Sided Dice. Thats just crazy awesome.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    You know, a lot of these weapons make sense. But how the hell does anyone expect me to attempt to kill Houn with a spatula? Am I going to hit him with brownie mix or something?

It would probably be insanely brutal if it worked, hitting at him continuously till the flipper falls off and then in frustration you gauge him in the eye (hitting the brain) with the handle.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    For just a second, I thought I read coat hanger... and I was going to make a terrible, terrible joke. Though I suppose you could perform the same procedure with the coat rack... it's just you'd have to use the coat rack on a clown car for that to work.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you'd bought your spatula at Spatula City, you could have bought 10, and gotten the 11th for just one penny.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    For just a second, I thought I read coat hanger... and I was going to make a terrible, terrible joke. Though I suppose you could perform the same procedure with the coat rack... it's just you'd have to use the coat rack on a clown car for that to work.

Funny I read it as a hanger at first also... *shrugs*

A mahogany coat rack could do some serious damage.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    12:30 AM (Game Day 9) - Inching Closer to Death

With heavy rain and thunder providing a backdrop, fighting escalates to a fever pitch, desperate measures employed to try and clear the path to eliminating Dr. Lucky or saving him from doom. The bodyguards continued to do their part, clearing out Harold Burwell (Dogbone33) and Felipe Yousef (Egos) from the mansion. Glenn Runyon (Delmain) was also taken out based on the remaining guests’ complaints and suspicions.

Meanwhile, the guests did what they could to thin out the rest of the competition. Despite the volume of the fighting, most were able to stand up to the assaults of their shadowed opponents. There was but one guest who could not fend off his attacker, Isabell Straughan (Ebfan), who found herself hung up on a coat rack. But everyone is getting weary. Though nobody knows when the final moment will be, everybody can feel it to be close.

Eliminated Players
    Delmain - Glenn Runyon (Conspirator) was not appreciated by the others.
    Dogbone33 - Harold Burwell (Conspirator) got stopped by the bodyguards.
    Ebfan - Isabell Straughan (Conspirator) was impaled on a coat rack.
    Egos - Felipe Yousef (Conspirator) became 'close friends' with the bodyguards.

Spite tokens are no longer gained from failed attacks. However, you can fuel your rage in other ways. If you survive an attack today, you will gain a Spite Token that can be redeemed on a future attack. If you get attacked by multiple assailants, you still earn only one Spite Token. As a reminder: a Spite Token may be used while making an attack to give it a +1 weapon value bonus. Spite Tokens may not be used on attacks on Dr. Lucky. You are allowed to use multiple Spite Tokens in a single attack; their effects will stack.

There will be no room closures today.

Vote closes and actions are due by 9PM PDT, Wednesday, October 14 / 12 AM EDT / 4AM UTC, Thursday, October 15.

PMs may take a little longer to send out today than yesterday.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Current Map

PhallaMansion-Day9.png

(1) Foyer
    Rawkking Goodguy

(2) Lounge
    adventfalls
    Obbi
    TehSloth
    boogedyboo

(3) Dining Room
    Gumpy
    oaklore
    shalmelo
    iamtheaznman
    Romantic Undead
    ShadowThomas

(4) Kitchen
    Dr. Lucky

Hippie
    Houn
    Jobastion
    Varcayn

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hippie wrote: »
    Please, when I was up in the patio i got hit by a freaking 20 Sided Dice. Thats just crazy awesome.

I assume they didn't crit :)

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Funny I read it as a hanger at first also... *shrugs*

A mahogany coat rack could do some serious damage.

It could!

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy, you terrible person you!
    Dr Lucky's not in the lounge.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ooooooOOOOOoooooo

Look, you were terrible after all!

ooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OoOOoOoOoO

It all depends on you

oOoOOoOOoO

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy lied to us. That's not surprising at all. Should I even bother voting for him today?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Just as planned.

Gumpy's trap card activates! Which ones in the lounge are the bodyguard(s) and which are the conspirators?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Drats, I should not have thrown that move :-/

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    gah. that didn't work at all. poor dogbone33.

boogedyboo on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh. Yes. Movement cards. [sarcasm]That's entirely what I wanted to draw, thank you very much... [/sarcasm] and I would use my only weapon... right before Dr lucky swung by this room. :/
    Also, sorry Del. I thought the odds were good. I've got nothing to contribute today except my continued suspicion of Houn and Hippie... but apparently I can't kill Houn, soo whoopde doo.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I've got a nice stack of Fail cards. Glad I could help you earn a token.

Houn on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh. Yes. Movement cards. [sarcasm]That's entirely what I wanted to draw, thank you very much... [/sarcasm] and I would use my only weapon... right before Dr lucky swung by this room. :/
    Also, sorry Del. I thought the odds were good. I've got nothing to contribute today except my continued suspicion of Houn and Hippie... but apparently I can't kill Houn, soo whoopde doo.

I could get behind hippie, but it's far to late for logic at this point and I don't think I should be starting anything.

EDIT: By far to late for logic, I meant at night.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I just want to know why Gumpy lied to us about the Halt card.
    Just as planned.

Gumpy's trap card activates! Which ones in the lounge are the bodyguard(s) and which are the conspirators?
    Are we to infer that Gumpy thinks he's lured a Bodyguard into the Lounge?

Houn on
This discussion has been closed.