As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

1596061626365»

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah. I only got a weapon card twice and an influence once.

Everything else was a Failure-1 or -2.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for running the game MrB. It was fun.

If you run the game again, assuming the chance of having a particular card drawn was weighted, i'd suggest having less failure cards drawn and more investigation cards. I had far too many towards the end of the games.

Cards were drawn from a 360 card deck, with discards from used cards and hands from killed and evicted people shuffled back in when necessary. However, failure cards that were used to defend against attacks (whether successful or not) were removed from the game entirely. (Failure cards from evicted players still got put in the discard pile.) Thus, theoretically, over the course of the game, the failure pool would dry up as discards got shuffled back in. Now, while this did happen (which made a lot of people draw Move and Weapon cards late in the game), it did not occur to quite the expected levels - there was not as much fighting as expected, and so there were too many Failure cards in the field.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Or maybe allowing the Default Attack to go off while still using other cards? If everybody had been liberally punching each other all the time, the village as a whole would've had more chances to whack bodyguards. Hell, Oaklore might have died Day 3 when he ended up in the same room as the revenge/ahava group.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    Or maybe allowing the Default Attack to go off while still using other cards? If everybody had been liberally punching each other all the time, the village as a whole would've had more chances to whack bodyguards. Hell, Oaklore might have died Day 3 when he ended up in the same room as the revenge/ahava group.

A lot of people decided to not take any action at all rather than just make a default attack. Often, the player would just make a movement in the movement phase and no action in the action phase. This happened a lot on Day 2 and 3, which made me think that I didn't explain the rules properly and which required me to make that reminder/clarification. From Day 4 and forward, it was less of a problem, so I think it was more of a communication failure rather than a mechanics issue.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »
    Brawn wasn't working so well either. Oaklore was bloody well invincible with an auto defense of 2, PLUS failure cards.
    Houn apparently had enough to block the mighty spatula. And I tried to punch Hipple too. He lived.
    Though you had enough turns with Rawkking to use your patented metal hands of doom. Whats your excuse? :P
    I already know your excuse, I just wanted to be able to post a :P

My Bodyguard Ability was that I drew two cards per day, instead of one. I was sitting on a nice pile of Fail cards pretty early on.

Houn on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne is definitely too smart.

8-)

Nocturne on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Nocturne is definitely too smart.

8-)

All Hail the Overlord 8-)

Egos on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well in hindsight I really didn't play that well, but it was a damn entertaining game. I think everything I would've said about mechanics has already been said at this stage too.

Good show all, especially MrB.

Varcayn on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Hey Warban

Yeah, you

That was some pretty lame pointless team killing you did.

I don't think I don't blame the rest of you greed people for somehow all forgetting that I was on the board.

I am somewhat apologetic, In my defence though, Someone on our proboard Said your name, And It was past vote close before I could repair my error.

Plus there was the whole network with grumpy thing, But the reasioning to my error is the above.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    warban wrote: »
    Hey Warban

Yeah, you

I don't think I don't blame the rest of you greed people for somehow all forgetting that I was on the board.

I am somewhat apologetic, In my defence though, Someone on our proboard Said your name, And It was past vote close before I could repair my error.

Plus there was the whole network with grumpy thing, But the reasioning to my error is the above.

Daius, if you play with anyone else we can no longer be friends

No other reason at all

Gumpy on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    warban wrote: »
    Hey Warban

Yeah, you

Daius, if you play with anyone else we can no longer be friends

No other reason at all

Believe whatever you want to think then.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thanks Mr. B, it was a pleasure.

Killing Kay was a moral victory for me :)

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers.jpg
    Burnage wrote: »
    Killing me and Eri on day one? Poor show, chaps, poor show.

Pretty sure I argued against that move, and Erideath is why Ahava put a random peg on me. ;p

Thanks for the game, Mr B! I enjoyed what I played a lot, and had fun following it afterwards.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Thanks Mr. B, it was a pleasure.

Killing Kay was a moral victory for me :)
    invasion-of-the-body-snatchers.jpg

To be fair, he and I discussed at length who we ought to kill and we both came to the conclusion that you should die

Delmain on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yes, I'll concede that. But it was my Eviction-2 card :)

crimsoncoyote on
This discussion has been closed.