As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Kill Doctor Lucky in Phalla Mansion - Good Night, Doctor Lucky (Game Over)

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One hour left!

No more trading allowed, but make sure you have your other actions in!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Loser it is, but I'm not sold on either by any means...

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Loser

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Game Day 7 has ended.

Any actions or votes made before the hour (x:59) will count, while actions or votes made on the hour or later (x:00) will not count.

Results should be ready in about a half-hour, perhaps a little bit longer than that.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    12:00 AM (Game Day 8) - Midnight

The rain is coming in quickly, and the bodyguards continue their busy work to clean the mansion of unwanted guests. In quick fashion, vote-winner Dominick Nessler (LoserForHireX) was taken out the mansion doors along with guests Van Mroczkowski (Toxic Toys) and Lance Eppler (Seriously). Extra evictions were also in order, first on Juliane Chrisco (simonwolf), then on Angelena Helen (pigeonking). Steady progress, though not without losses as well. Tyrone Delatte (Fatal3RR0R) was forced to retire, leaving the rest to his comrades.

And just before midnight, once again the cacophony of fighting spreads through the mansion, this time in much more limited space. But from all the conflict, there were no casualties. As the clock strikes twelve, the echoing sounds of the grandfather clock in the lounge signal the beginning of the end - either of Dr. Lucky, or of the conspirators' plan to eliminate him.

Eliminated Players
    Fatal3RR0R - Tyrone Delatte (Bodyguard) was forced to withdraw from the action.
    LoserForHireX - Dominick Nessler (Conspirator) picked up too many votes.
    pigeonking - Angelena Helen (Bodyguard) was evicted unexpectedly.
    Seriously – Lance Eppler (Conspirator) found the bodyguards' suggestions to leave too convincing.
    simonwolf - Juliane Chrisco (Conspirator) got surprised with an eviction.
    Toxic Toys - Van Mroczkowski (Conspirator) was sent into the rain.

The finale quickly approaches. No more trading can be performed. There are still quite a few guests out there, and Dr. Lucky still lives. Frustration is setting in - a clearer battlefield is necessary, especially with more parts of the mansion being closed off. If you make an attack on another player today, and the attempt fails, you will receive a 'Spite Token'. The 'Spite Token' may be redeemed on a future attack on another player for a +1 attack bonus. Spite Tokens are not gained from attacking Dr. Lucky, nor may they be used to increase the power of attacks on Dr. Lucky.

There is a question building in the minds of many of the remaining players: What happens if multiple people with different goals make a killing blow on Dr. Lucky on the game day that he is killed?

And to that, I finally provide the answer: The team that has the highest number of successful attacks on Dr. Lucky the night he dies will win the game. (A successful attack is one that is able to pierce Dr. Lucky's passive defenses.) In the case of a tie, then the total attack values from all attacks (both successful and not) are compared. If there still remains a tie, then all tied teams win. There is an exception: players with no motive or multiple motives override any successful attacks made by those with only single motives. If there are multiple no-motive or multiple-motive killers, then tie-breakers are as above: number of attacks, then total attack value, where each motive of the multiple-motive killers counts separately.

Just as a reminder: Dr. Lucky automatically survives attacks on him when there is a bodyguard in the same room as him; if there is no bodyguard in the room, then an attack must overcome a defense value equal to the number of remaining bodyguards. The defense value is applied to each attack on Dr. Lucky (as opposed to being a total defense value).

The Patio (8) and Billiard Room (9) will be closing today.

Discards were shuffled and placed on the bottom of the draw deck for last turn's Draw Cards Phase.

Vote closes and actions are due by 9PM PDT, Tuesday, October 13 / 12 AM EDT / 4AM UTC, Wednesday, October 14.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Current Map

PhallaMansion-Day8.png

(1) Foyer
    Delmain
    Ebfan
    Rawkking Goodguy

(2) Lounge
    Dr. Lucky

boogedyboo
    Dogbone33
    Gumpy

(3) Dining Room
    adventfalls
    Egos
    iamtheaznman
    Romantic Undead
    ShadowThomas
    TehSloth

(4) Kitchen
    Hippie
    Houn
    Jobastion
    Varcayn

(8) Patio - Closing off tonight!
    oaklore
    Obbi
    shalmelo

(9) Billiard Room - Closing off tonight!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Ugh, that makes six inactivity withdrawals in seven days, all by conspirators. Gotta love upping the degree of difficulty... :?

So hey shalmelo, what was this about FATAL being a conspirator?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ugh, that makes six inactivity withdrawals in seven days, all by conspirators. Gotta love upping the degree of difficulty... :?

pigeonking wrote: »
    Shalmelo's assumption that Fatal is a villager kind of bugs me. But !LoserforHire for now.
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    pigeonking - Angelena Helen (Bodyguard) was evicted unexpectedly.

Good times?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Well, the first five people that withdrew were all conspirators. I figured the pattern would hold. I'm not complaining - just makes our job a little easier.

EDIT: And for the record - pigeonking, the bodyguard, was evicted by me.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    !Gumpy. Because it is late at night. And also tradition.

Is it time to start dropping attacks on Lucky now? Surely we've cleared the bodyguards down to reasonable levels.

Houn on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    REmember though, if a bodyguard is in the room, there's a great likelihood that Lucky will survive.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Any fellows in the Lounge going to announce that they're aligned with love and going to attack Lucky tonight? :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Point. And with only four rooms, odds are good they can cover them all, if there are still 4 left.

Houn on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    !iamtheaznman again!

Knew I should've moved down to the Dinin' room, I was just hopin' I'd luck out and Lucky would move to my area!

Obbi on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    Knew I should've moved down to the Dinin' room, I was just hopin' I'd luck out and Lucky would move to my area!

I don't know if you would want to be in the most crowded room when Gumpy* just gave us incentive to kill each other D:

edit: *MrBlarney ; sorry I think Im tired..

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    How did Gumpy give you incentive? Do you mean Mr. Blarney?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How did Gumpy give you incentive? Do you mean Mr. Blarney?

Yeah sorry.. those giant robot eyes are hypnotizing for some reason. Or I'm tired...or Gumpy is just more fun to say. Or people are just saying Gumpy alot.

Or some combination of the above :)

Egos on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OooOOOooOOOOo

I'll get you next time Dr. Lucky! NEXT TIME!

OoOooOOOooooOO

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The PMs, they are out.

EDIT: A small change was made to the player locations in the current map, oaklore should be in the Patio location, not the Dining Room.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ooooOOOooOoOO

Told you fuckers I wasn't no bodyguard!!

oooOOoOOOOOOo

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pigeonking was a bodyguard?

Man I am not at all surprised

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Actually, I'd rather vote !Gumpy. He jumped in first with bad reasoning, trying to lead the village right off. I did this as Mafia in Fate Stay/Night, and was rightly called on it.

Kill Eip if you want; even I have to admit Ahava has some crazy witchcraft at finding baddies, but Gumpy's whole "Secret Network" BS, along with attempts to lead the vote, put him high on my suspect list.

Hey !Houn how is defending pigeonking going eh?

Its about time we got rid of you I say

For people who still keep trying to vote me even though people I defend come up as conspirators and people I attack do, on occasion, come up as bodyguards, go suck a lemon!

Gumpy on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    But...I'm a fuckin' demon...

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seriously is dead?

Oh no, my network is crippled!

Gumpy on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I totally called Fatal3RR0R being a Bodyguard like five days ago!

Ebfan on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well this is interesting. Things are getting a bit tight in here.

Anyone think a W2 would get the job done yet? Yeah me either :(

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OooooooooooooooOOOOOo

...i spend half the game trying to avoid attention so i can actually get enough fail cards to survive one attack, and then this happens. weak.

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OooooooooooooooOOOOOo

...i spend half the game trying to avoid attention so i can actually get enough fail cards to survive one attack, and then this happens. weak.

Thats interesting. That's basically what Garroad_run said too in his death post.
    I wonder if MrB has some sort of balance to the card draw for bodyguards, or if it's just how it played out that both GR and Pigeon were chronically short in failcards.

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hey Gumpy. Did you take a pot shot at Mr.Lucky last night?

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Jobastion wrote: »

Nope, TT was the one doing the strike with a +4 weapon. I do not know if he faileddue to bodyguards or failed due to dieing.

I attacked loser.

Also, can you guys butcher Vac? I seem to remember him being the wagon that pidgeon didn't vote for.

Like, made extra special effort not to vote for thus attracting attention onto himself.

So, Vac could be up for some murderin'

Gumpy on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OooooooooooooooOOOOOo

Shouldn't have called me out, should you? 8-)

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Heh

Shal's starting to get it :3

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »

Nope, TT was the one doing the strike with a +4 weapon. I do not know if he faileddue to bodyguards or failed due to dieing.

I attacked loser.

Also, can you guys butcher Vac? I seem to remember him being the wagon that pidgeon didn't vote for.

Like, made extra special effort not to vote for thus attracting attention onto himself.

So, Vac could be up for some murderin'

Day's 1 & 2, Pigeon did not vote with the bandwagon.
    Day 3 he voted for the BL wagon.
    Day 4 he again did not vote with the bandwagon.
    Day 5 (the only day Vac was on a bandwagon), Pigeon voted for the Edcrab bandwagon.
    Day 6 Eipnoom BW
    Day 7 Loser BW.

I don't see anything super out of the ordinary regarding that day 5 vote. I'm less inclined to harm Vac on account of Vac's day 6 vote for the Bodyguard Typhus, wherein it ended 8-12 getting eipnoom, but that could have gone the other way.

Edit: Spreadsheets -
    Mine, covers day 4-7
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Anjg5k3kCwYsdFR2ZVJ0LVNRZjU3UWgyNDNXam5FcWc&hl=en
    EECC's, covers day 1-3
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Arr-FRktAxtJdEpLUHJOaG9RQXlmeENuVGtjdlBfT1E&hl=en

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What I see weird about his day 5 vote (Which I brought up on day 6, this isn't a new theory now I know he's a bodyguard) is that it was for Edcrab when like the last 8 votes had been for Vac

It was a "I am not really paying attention hurf durf" vote with the added twist that we knew he hadn't just hit the thread with a throwaway vote because a new bandwagon was being well established on vac beforehand. Pidgeon did a throw away vote against the crowd? Granted, Edcrab was still winning the vote, but those were old votes. Pidgeon ignored the recent events.

Seems pretty suspicious to me. But Houn was the one who jumped to defend Pidge directly, so that is where my red vote has to go.

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I didn't defend Pidgeon. I attacked you, Gumpy. It wasn't about who you voted, it was about your trying to start up a bandwagon on shoddy logic right off the bat.

In retrospect, you ended up being right, because the universe hates me, but let's face it, you got lucky. Your reasons stated were pretty bad.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Do you really think I put all my reasons on Pidge in the thread

Man, I start tellin' people how I nail bad guys and everyone will start doing it!

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    But Gumpy, think of the village. What ever will we do if the evil mafia decides to take you out, and you have not yet passed along your knowledge on how to detect them amongst the crowd?
    You've got to tell the people, for the fate of the free worlds rests in your mind.
    Not entirely sarcastic, actually. I'm curious.

Jobastion on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Do you really think I put all my reasons on Pidge in the thread

Man, I start tellin' people how I nail bad guys and everyone will start doing it!

Well, by quick-posting shoddy reasoning, yes, you make yourself look like mafia. People in phalla usually assume "hiding something" to mean "evil". You know this.

Houn on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OooooooooooooooOOOOOo

Thats interesting. That's basically what Garroad_run said too in his death post.
    I wonder if MrB has some sort of balance to the card draw for bodyguards, or if it's just how it played out that both GR and Pigeon were chronically short in failcards.

ooooOOOOOOoooOOOOo

My death post was not meant to convey any sort of game information. I was merely expressing that at that particular time, I would have traded my kingdom for a failure card, regardless of whatever cards I may have had in my hand at the time or throughout the entire game.

Please do not read anything into that.

oOOoooooOOOOOOO

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, we're readin' now, with you posting that it has to mean something :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
This discussion has been closed.