Options

Mass Effect - The Citadel Council: Hot or Not?

• Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Needs more brown.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I hope we get a real jungle world to explore, something that looks like this
    Crysis_Far_Cry2_jungle_1.jpg

The idea of hunting Geth in the jungle appeals to me.

Robman on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Juc wrote: »
    Robman wrote: »
    As an on-topic matter, uh, the graphics don't look that sharp in that picture. The ground in particular looks really awful.

The ground is perfect, look at all that grey, it's so next gen it hurts. We just need to add 90 points of light bloom and it will be next next gen as well.

No no no. Light bloom was last gen.

This gen we need more ambient occlusion.

Ambient occlusion motherfuckers. Just look at it.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like the selective blur/focus effect that has become all the rage lately, it feels pretty badass

Robman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    We totally had depth of field last gen. Pretty sure Fable had it. And Chaos Theory.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Juc wrote: »
    As an on-topic matter, uh, the graphics don't look that sharp in that picture. The ground in particular looks really awful.

The ground is perfect, look at all that grey, it's so next gen it hurts. We just need to add 90 points of light bloom and it will be next next gen as well.

No no no. Light bloom was last gen.

This gen we need more ambient occlusion.

Ambient occlusion motherfuckers. Just look at it.

You are so last gen, it's not even funny.

Everyone knows that this gen is all about cloth tessellation.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Realtime ambient occlusion I'm talking about. Not pre-baked light passes.

Next gen is going to be tessellation and the gen after that, ray tracing.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buzz words!

QuirkyLittleTyrant on
    PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    edited October 2009

No, it's this gen.

EAT YOUR WORDS. EAT THEM AND CHOKE ON THEM UNTIL YOU DIE!

BlackDove on
  • Options
    ProsperoProspero Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Everything tessellates!

Prospero on
  • Options
    FrontierPsychiatryFrontierPsychiatry Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I never knew a crowd could be so tesselesselated!

FrontierPsychiatry on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Until we had a flag that waves and bends like that, we were but cavemen.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Until we had a flag that waves and bends like that, we were but cavemen.

What an age we live in...maybe one day we'll be able to get hair that isn't a bitch to render...

...one day.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    dark_porpoisedark_porpoise Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Actually, Geoffrey might look more like Jacob than Carlton. I'd be interested to see them side by side, but I'm too lazy.
    Seriously wrote: »
    Asari

I just now realized that somewhere out there is a poor soul who is half Asari and half-Volus/Hanar.

Well, somewhat. Don't the Asari just take some of the better traits from the "father" and pass it on to the "daughter?" And they are always Asari, not some weird melding. I remember a conversation with Liara where she says she's ashamed to be a "pure-blood" Asari since that is frowned upon.
    Great Odin's Raven...I keep wanting to get a completionist run finished, but those "Find These Things" quests are just so damned time consuming! Maybe I'll pick it up on my 60 runs with my other characters...

If you're doing them just in case they will give you a bonus in ME2, don't. One of the devs said not to worry about it when I asked earlier.

dark_porpoise on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Actually, Geoffrey might look more like Jacob than Carlton. I'd be interested to see them side by side, but I'm too lazy.
    Seriously wrote: »
    Asari

I just now realized that somewhere out there is a poor soul who is half Asari and half-Volus/Hanar.

Well, somewhat. Don't the Asari just take some of the better traits from the "father" and pass it on to the "daughter?" And they are always Asari, not some weird melding. I remember a conversation with Liara where she says she's ashamed to be a "pure-blood" Asari since that is frowned upon.

Yeah. Basically. You won't be getting any weird freaks of nature, just good ol' tentacle heads.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm still holding out hope that that is discovered to be complete bullshit that has become sort of a religion for the Asari and in reality, it is just basically asexual reproduction unless between two Asari.

Couscous on
  • Options
    dark_porpoisedark_porpoise Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    I'm still holding out hope that that is discovered to be complete bullshit that has become sort of a religion for them and in reality, it is just basically asexual reproduction unless between two Asari.

I'm mildly confused by this.

dark_porpoise on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It doesn't make any goddamn sense for them to be somehow able to take "good" traits from the father.

Couscous on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The rest of the mind-sex-lesbian race made so much sense though, so that really stands out.

Khavall on
  • Options
    PilgrimPilgrim Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Why does no one fucking sell the Human Light version of Colossus armour? It's driving me fucking mad, I've got the Heavy and Medium version, I've got the Krogan one, I've got a set for Tali but for some reason it's impossible to find the one I need.

Pilgrim on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

No, it's this gen.

Man that's the PC version, using DX11. That's not console gaming, and thus not bound by the definitions of 'gen' or 'next gen'.

PC gaming has had every graphical nicety five years before consoles pick it up. The Master Gaming Race shouldn't factor in to the trials and tribulations of the console peasants.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pilgrim wrote: »
    Why does no one fucking sell the Human Light version of Colossus armour? It's driving me fucking mad, I've got the Heavy and Medium version, I've got the Krogan one, I've got a set for Tali but for some reason it's impossible to find the one I need.

The reward for "Bringing Down the Sky" is a set of it, your choice of version.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

No, it's this gen.

Man that's the PC version, using DX11. That's not console gaming, and thus not bound by the definitions of 'gen' or 'next gen'.

PC gaming has had every graphical nicety five years before consoles pick it up. The Master Gaming Race shouldn't factor in to the trials and tribulations of the console peasants.

Indeed good sir, but the generations are defined by the age we live in, not the age we've lived in five years ago when the casual peasants became entrapped within time.

Thus, we measure generations by the strong and the superior.

Seriously though, the game's not even out yet. But still, the hardware and software support for those actions is readily available today. Win7 was just released, and Radeon 5000 series just launched, so it's just in time for calling it "current gen".

It literally stopped being "next gen" this, or the previous week.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    True enough sir. But I was talking about the defining graphical technique of a generation. As with light bloom in the last. While we will definitely see a lot of tessellation this generation, I don't think we will look back and think 'that was the tessellation generation'. I think either ambient occlusion or all of that shader nonsense in UE3 will be the hallmarks. Next gen, everything will be tessellated out the ass.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    StormwaltzStormwaltz Beyond the Perseus VeilRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It doesn't make any goddamn sense for them to be somehow able to take "good" traits from the father.

That's why I made sure the ME1 codex noted the "evidence" for this is only anecdotal. Because it is bullshit.

Side note: I love you guys and your occluded dirt cloth hasselhoffilations.

Stormwaltz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    To some, they're just buzzwords, code for 'this game looks better somehow'.

For the PC gaming Master Race, they're gospels in our own Good Book.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Stormwaltz wrote: »

That's why I made sure the ME1 codex noted the "evidence" for this is only anecdotal. Because it is bullshit.

So... Asari gets mentally stimulated by another living orgasm, and then orgasms from the stimulation, creating a MIND BABBY all on its own.

Sounds good enough.

Also, Asari hair needs tessellation.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

One of the trailers actually had a short clip of a jungle type area, I believe it was the one where they discuss the changes made to uncharted worlds

I'll try to dig it up

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »

One of the trailers actually had a short clip of a jungle type area, I believe it was the one where they discuss the changes made to uncharted worlds

I'll try to dig it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOiWhFh19AE

3:13

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I'm waiting for the first motherfuckers to figure out how to do proper ambient lighting. I'm getting pretty tired of in-game ambient lighting where the camera has to be in the light source in order to see anything.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Coffee BeanCoffee Bean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Ah-ha! Now I have an overwhelming desire to rub this in their tentacled faces, and no, that is not because I am bitter that asari can get jiggy with all the hot alien men that FemShep can't, don't judge me.
    :winky:

Coffee Bean on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I'm waiting for the first motherfuckers to figure out how to do proper ambient lighting. I'm getting pretty tired of in-game ambient lighting where the camera has to be in the light source in order to see anything.

What. Explain that further plox?

BlackDove on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

So... Asari gets mentally stimulated by another living orgasm, and then orgasms from the stimulation, creating a MIND BABBY all on its own.

Sounds good enough.

I like to think of it as the orgasm triggering the asexual reproduction when it does not occur with another Asari. When it does occur with another Asari, the genetic information is transferred from the touching somehow. I'm guessing something like bacterial conjugation.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Sounds good enough.

I like to think of it as the orgasm triggering the asexual reproduction when it does not occur with another Asari. When it does occur with another Asari, the genetic information is transferred from the touching somehow. I'm guessing something like bacterial conjugation.

I like to think of it as one BioWare artist cut and pasting a model in maya from one place to another and changing the colour hue by about 5%.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Unless we changed that after you left!

takyris on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I like to think of it as one BioWare artist cut and pasting a model in maya from one place to another and changing the colour hue by about 5%.
    I like to think of the lack of differences between them being a result of the lack of genetic diversity that will doom them all unless they start mindsexing each other.

Couscous on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Sounds good enough.

In my attempts to understand Asari biology I came to the conclusion that they reproduced in a manner similar to a bacteria.

Makes romancing Liara a bit tricky.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What is tessellation?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

What. Explain that further plox?

You've played GTAIV, right? Ever notice how when running around at night without a direct lightsource (like vehicle headlights) or standing under a streetlight how it's really, really dark? Think of any place in South Alderney or that kind of alley next to LC's version of Grand Central Station where you can grab an M4...

Sure you can adjust brightness and such, but that just tends to wash out everything and it makes the daylight that much brighter. The human eye can adjust to use available light to see. Camera/mechanical eyes, which is really what we're using whilst playing games, must have the light sources properly adjusted before 'filming'.

Some games have an effect when going from dark areas to light areas where everything is brighter for a moment or two. It's a decent start. But as long as there is a decent lightsource, such as a streetlight, you should be able to see the area even if you're not standing under the light itself.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What is tessellation?

Like little bits of fabric on the corners of fancy rugs.

The_Scarab on