As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No links to peoples gift posts yet? Didn't we do that last year where we could click on the op and it would bring us to the post with gift pics? Ehhh, probably is a lot of work, and the overseeing of this wonderful event must be work enough already.

Good stuff!

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    No links to peoples gift posts yet? Didn't we do that last year where we could click on the op and it would bring us to the post with gift pics? Ehhh, probably is a lot of work, and the overseeing of this wonderful event must be work enough already.

Good stuff!

http://santa.chargingwombat.com/

It's in the op at the top.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh, hey Santa! Since I told your proxy my super-secret Steam ID (SwashbuckerXX), you might notice that my Bioware Social Site ID is *also* SwashbucklerXX. I would just like to make it perfectly clear that despite what the achievement under my picture says, I have not been boinking Zevran.
    My husband has been boinking Zevran.
    But that's ok, it's totally not gay.

But you watched, right?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Arikado wrote: »
    Oh, hey Santa! Since I told your proxy my super-secret Steam ID (SwashbuckerXX), you might notice that my Bioware Social Site ID is *also* SwashbucklerXX. I would just like to make it perfectly clear that despite what the achievement under my picture says, I have not been boinking Zevran.
    My husband has been boinking Zevran.
    But that's ok, it's totally not gay.

But you watched, right?

Nah, but I did watch his lesbian love scene with Leiliana. <3

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oy, wickedkarma. Ya got sum nice gubbinz.

(note: I'm not your santa, I just like making ork sounds)

In other news, my gifts are closing in on my Santee like a pack of wolves circling a wounded faun.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jesus. I've been sitting here trying to tie a bow onto one of my Santee's presents for the last hour.

I just want to tie a shoestring bow with some ribbon.

I mean how hard can this be.

God.

Edit: I had to go tie my shoes to make sure I remembered how to even do it.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jesus. I've been sitting here trying to tie a bow onto one of my Santee's presents for the last hour.

God.

Staples my friends, staples.

Umm, not the store. Just staple the bow to the present. Or duct tape.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just write BOW on some ribbon and tape it to the box

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shipping: USPS is cheaper for small or lightweight boxes. If your shit is heavy but small (like, a block of granite, cast iron, etc.), use a Flat Rate box from USPS. If your box is about the size of something that Amazon would send, First Class with Delivery Confirmation is probably perfect. If you don't ship out until the 15th you probably want to pay extra for Priority.

If your box is relatively big or heavy (like, bigger than a shoe-box), you probably want to go with UPS or FedEx. Their rates typically start around $9 BUT they don't increase very much. For example, I shipped a 4lb box through FedEx and it was 10 dollars. A week later I shipped a 25lb box through FedEx and it was $13. The 4lb box probably would've been cheaper through USPS, but the 25lb box would've been much more expensive.

FedEx showed up in like 1-2 days though and had tracking info that I could check.

But all of those shipping companies have calculators online (and Paypal lets you ship things first class if you know the weight). So check before you wait in line!

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »

God.

Staples my friends, staples.

Umm, not the store. Just staple the bow to the present. Or duct tape.

See, this present is somewhat special in that the thing that it's wrapped in is part of the present. I can't do anything that would damage it.

Plus I think it's cool when you have a bow on a present and you can pull on the little ends to undo it.

Edit: The stupid ribbon is rubbing off onto it anyway, though, dammit. Now it's got all these pink splotches.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee of mine - all parts of your gift are ready and purchased (one of them puchased twice... I'm going to make that thief pay big time). I'll be shooting it off this weekend via USPS. :)

Slagmire on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am off to go to the shipping place to see how much it is to ship to my santees place. I have a feeling I will not be thrilled with what I hear. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Pixel BluePixel Blue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am still waiting for components to come so I can build my Santee's present. :( I have not forgotten you, Santee. No sir.

Hurry, mailperson, hurry!

Pixel Blue on
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My wife took my box of goodies and threw it down the rabbit hole on her way into work yesterday. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if it pops out somewhere in Canada, eh?

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    My wife took my box of goodies and threw it down the rabbit hole on her way into work yesterday. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if it pops out somewhere in Canada, eh?

MAN OPENS BAG OF MILK: BOMBARDED WITH AMERICAN PRESENTS
    EH

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Aww, hell yeah. Finally got that ribbon tied.

I'm awesome.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hello new thread! Have a cheery Xmas video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUiDDWi8k1o

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Santee, it's coming together. Slowly and surely.
    For the record, the 2007 Santa thread ran 130 pages until it's natural death after Easter Bunnies. I am frequently wrong, but it has never been locked at 100. :D

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Santee, it's coming together. Slowly and surely.
    For the record, the 2007 Santa thread ran 130 pages until it's natural death after Easter Bunnies. I am frequently wrong, but it has never been locked at 100. :D

Just went looking back through that thread and found some jems. Somebody also mentioned doing this kind of thing this year, and it is totally kosher. The note I got from Roundboy two years ago:
    secretsanta1jpegtz3.jpg

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So, I went to Michals to get a damn frame for the PA print I got for my brother-in-law. On the PA receipt it says the print is 11x17. I go and get an 11x17 frame. I come home to find that the print is actually 12x18. *sigh*

Santee, more presents are being bought tonight. I am bringing my laptop to work.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    So, I went to Michals to get a damn frame for the PA print I got for my brother-in-law. On the PA receipt it says the print is 11x17. I go and get an 11x17 frame. I come home to find that the print is actually 12x18. *sigh*

Santee, more presents are being bought tonight. I am bringing my laptop to work.

Did they give you one of those "40% Off" coupons with your receipt? You should go back and re-buy the frame on the date the sale applies and return the other one.

Whenever they do these 40% or 50% off things, I go in and buy a few things I need... one at a time.. ending up with 5-6 of these coupons. Half off of canvases is fucking incredible, seeing as how the sizes I get are usually $80-$120.

Edit: Ok Santee, the game I've been waiting on for awhile now likely won't arrive for another week or perhaps longer. The seller told me he'd ship it ASAP several days ago, and he just got around to shipping it now. So, I got another game instead and will be shipping all this shit out shortly.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    LunysgwenLunysgwen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lunysgwen wrote: So after we closed our books in class today, and hurried to command PT, I managed to sneak off and retrieve my mail (And still make it on time for PT.) after said event, I hurriedly opened my package and found this.

Awesome, you got it. I Just wanted to make sure no one had stolen it. The 360 version was pretty awesome, but the PC port is even better.

Anyway, I should be shipping out the main gift next week. Hopefully it'll arrive close to Christmas.

I've never played it, and have hardly heard about it (Maybe something i missed during my basic training.) But it seems to be really cool. Thank you.

Lunysgwen on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I'm curious, which comic strip did you get?

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I'm curious, which comic strip did you get?

He plays battlefield 1943 most of the time, so I got him the one where Gabe is waiting for a plane, then an ally pushes him out of the way, then crashes the plane as Gabe says, "Awesome. Very effective. Go Allies."

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    gift mailed. itll probably be there monday, if i had to guess.

can you feel it santee? the scrotum tightening sensation of impending joy?

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gifts on their way - 3 parcels, though - well, 2 are on their way, I'm still waiting for play.com to deliver!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »

Did they give you one of those "40% Off" coupons with your receipt? You should go back and re-buy the frame on the date the sale applies and return the other one.

Whenever they do these 40% or 50% off things, I go in and buy a few things I need... one at a time.. ending up with 5-6 of these coupons. Half off of canvases is fucking incredible, seeing as how the sizes I get are usually $80-$120.

Edit: Ok Santee, the game I've been waiting on for awhile now likely won't arrive for another week or perhaps longer. The seller told me he'd ship it ASAP several days ago, and he just got around to shipping it now. So, I got another game instead and will be shipping all this shit out shortly.

My wife and I just got some canvases at that very sale this week! Half off FTW.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got a package today!!!!

Then I opened it up and realized it was the RAM I ordered for my wife's netbook that is supposed to arrive Monday. The RAM was expected to be delivered tomorrow, so it wasn't the first thing in my mind when I saw the box.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    To Whomever is updating the website (I assume its Doc), I have received my amazing gifts from my Santee!

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Guess who shipped out some packages today. Was my Santee's gift among them? Perhaps...perhaps...

Hell yeah it was! You should get it pretty soon. Possibly on saturday, but probably not until monday or later.

Schide on
  • Options
    ClayburnClayburn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santa,

Sorry for my lack of postings, my 11 month old son keeps me busy 24/7 oi. Also, pc or steam games are dandy as well, but ill be happy with anything I get :). BTW I just purchased borderlands for my PS3 for super cheap.

Dear Santee,

Well my gifting has been thwarted by an evil scheme from amazon, they have declared war on my gifts of cheer and awesomeness so im going to have to rethink some ideas for you. Sorry for the added delay.

Santa.

And JAEF that is an awesome gift you gave there. Definitely raises the bar a bit, now I have to go and find some money to buy more presents with you bastard.

Clayburn on
    clayburn.png
    PS3 FriendNameThing: Caerus | Steam: clayburnp
    "He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...For when you gaze into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you."
    "Ónen i-Estel mellyn, ú-chebin estel anim"
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Finally started shopping! I have a few more things to get, so my package won't be sent out for a few more days, but it is underway.

elevature on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Should I expect to pay more than $20 to ship a package weighing less than two pounds with delivery confirmation and all that from New England in the US to Far End of Canada, Canada?

Antithesis on
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy.... holy shit. I have been gifted. Pics and awesome to follow!

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Should I expect to pay more than $20 to ship a package weighing less than two pounds with delivery confirmation and all that from New England in the US to Far End of Canada, Canada?

Slightly more than $20 from the looks of it.

Well, unless you try a different shipping agency than USPS.

Schide on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm just finishing writing up the letter to go with the box now and holy shit I'm almost to page 3 just listing everything inside.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm just finishing writing up the letter to go with the box now and holy shit I'm almost to page 3 just listing everything inside.

OH FUCK I FORGOT TO PUT MY LETTER IN THE BOX. D: I'd been so busy making sure it was packed properly that I left the piece of paper out of it.

.... There's got to be a way around this. I don't want my Santee to just get a box of stuff - there's stories that go with them!

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got to be a proxy. Woo!

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear santa, the online tracking says "accepted" so far... since 2 days ago when they accepted it.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

OH FUCK I FORGOT TO PUT MY LETTER IN THE BOX. D: I'd been so busy making sure it was packed properly that I left the piece of paper out of it.

.... There's got to be a way around this. I don't want my Santee to just get a box of stuff - there's stories that go with them!

mail it in a letter and sent them a pm by proxie asking them to open it first?

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png