Options

1st annual 'Shut Up and Make Us a Goddamn Videogame' BACK FROM THE GOD DANG DEAD

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Projeck wrote: »
    I love making sprite people who wants to make a platformer with me

is it that one you brought up in the middle of the night that one time?

Space cat

man space cat as an idea does own

to elaborate, it has to have a fantastic soundtrack that is entirely auto-tuned

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    yo i'll do this

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    aren't the u3 dev tools free now?

And then if you want to commercially release your game with them it costs 99 bucks?

$99 to sell it commercially plus 25% of any profits related to the game after $5k US.

that's nuts. I'd love to see what some of the people here could do with that.

LaCabra and me and a few other guys are making Velociraptor Job Interview Simulator Pro.

That sounds awesome

'So, what would you say is your greatest weakness?'

'Well, I think I probably work too hard'

'Clever girl...'

Ten on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ten wrote: »
    Holy shit, this thread is moving too quick

Shoe, I started making a Double Dragon esque fighter at one point, but didn't get very far. You, me and Projeck should team up and make one!

that would be fun

you could take my worthless ideas and run them through your golden programming machine of efficiency and skill and projeck could make sprite dudes for you to manipulate

if you ever really wanna do that let me know

Well, my programming machine is a bit clunkier than you make it out to be, but I would totally be up for giving it a go! I just finished up a contract so I actually have some free time for a few weeks too

that sounds rad

we should do that, then

hey projeck you in on this

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

And then if you want to commercially release your game with them it costs 99 bucks?

$99 to sell it commercially plus 25% of any profits related to the game after $5k US.

LaCabra and me and a few other guys are making Velociraptor Job Interview Simulator Pro.

are you going to try and sell it

I'd buy it on name alone for a reasonable price

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Basically, I plan on spending the rest of my life making games with the UDK

NotASenator on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mount and blade style mechwarrior inspired game

Kovak on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm in, if theres anything I can do to help.

Sprites, maybe?

Dadouw on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

we certainly are

suspish.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Crook! Please tell me that is real! Please tell me I am seeing this with my eyes! Oh my god oh my god I am buying this!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Well uh I've playtested a whole lot of stuff and helped engineer a whole lot of second-rate rulessets for RPGs.

...that doesn't count as a skill, does it

Tell you what, I'll make recolours of all of Dadouw's sprites, that's probably the sort of thing within my abilities

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    holy shit

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

we certainly are

suspish.jpg

Haha, that looks wonderful

What are you doing on the game NaC, programming?

Ten on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What if I make sprite comics out of someone's game. Does that count as helping?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Campion wrote: »

That's right, they're free. I wonder if those come with map makers and 3d editors and things.

It comes with the frontend binaries, the UnrealScript source for UT3, the map editor and actor tools (physics editor, animation scripting tool, matinee cut-scene tool, actor setup tool, etc)

Basically everything you'd need to make a game on an unmodified UE3 engine.

EDIT: UE3 Engine is redundant, it's Unreal Engine 3.

also: http://www.udk.com

Reading through that, it looks pretty mighty. So you'd only need that engine to make all the assets and characters and what not, eh. Just a whole game maker right there.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Holy shit I only just realised that there's actually a WIP thread for the raptor job simulator project

This is utterly glorious and I love you guys in a creepy not-platonic fashion

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    River City Ransom is the my second most favourite game I feel badly needs a modern sequel.

X-Com is #1, but is such a terrifying thing to even dream of trying to tackle.

So I just look at it as trying to make a good turn based tactics game with a persistent team/base and research trees. Trying to pick a worthy foe now, while playing around with Unity to get a feel for it so I can design accordingly. I figure I can try and build the base game with a blank slate, and add the setting/flavour as I go.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

That's right, they're free. I wonder if those come with map makers and 3d editors and things.

It comes with the frontend binaries, the UnrealScript source for UT3, the map editor and actor tools (physics editor, animation scripting tool, matinee cut-scene tool, actor setup tool, etc)

Basically everything you'd need to make a game on an unmodified UE3 engine.

EDIT: UE3 Engine is redundant, it's Unreal Engine 3.

also: http://www.udk.com

Reading through that, it looks pretty mighty. So you'd only need that engine to make all the assets and characters and what not, eh. Just a whole game maker right there.

Well you can't make models. Maya can export into Unreal though so you can make a shitton of assets and also make animations.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Already trying to make a (flash) game as a school project.

I'm starting to think I suck at programming.

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I'm leading up the programming side of things and running most of the business aspect.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Velociraptor Job Interview Simulator Pro is the story of a lone velociraptor who wishes to become a successful businessraptor in spite of the insurmountable racial prejudice which would normally prevent a raptor, or, indeed, any dinosaur at all, from securing a position in a respected corporation. The only recourse for our hero is to attend his job interviews in a cunning disguise, masquerading under a pseudonym.

Desperate to achieve success in his harsh corporate surroundings, he is forced to employ not only his razor-sharp wits but his teeth and claws, which are probably even sharper.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    buy me mudbox and I'll model and texture whatever the hell you want me to

I'll even try learning to animate!

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So the idea is that you want to maul people and not get caught?

Because I am fuckin in on buying that.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Space cat

Autotuned meows

Also yeah shoe that sounds fun

Projeck on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Huh, well, okay. I don't have any three dee editing programs.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    River City Ransom is the my second most favourite game I feel badly needs a modern sequel.

X-Com is #1, but is such a terrifying thing to even dream of trying to tackle.

So I just look at it as trying to make a good turn based tactics game with a persistent team/base and research trees. Trying to pick a worthy foe now, while playing around with Unity to get a feel for it so I can design accordingly. I figure I can try and build the base game with a blank slate, and add the setting/flavour as I go.

At one point I was collaborating with a talented dude who was part of the Zombie Master team

Before he vanished off the internet, our grand plan was that the next thing should be an X-Com meets Cthulu Mythos dealie, basically consisting of mankind versus transdimensional abominations vs unstoppable death robots created by ancient race to fight transdimensional abominations

I wanted that to happen so badly

All taking down a hugeass robot to research & develop superior armour so the tentacle freaks couldn't eat your face as easily

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Space cat

Autotuned meows

Also yeah shoe that sounds fun

I'm going to start boning up on XNA tonight, I haven't looked at it since version 2 I think.

Ten on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh I'll bone you up mister ten!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Bedlam wrote: »

Get into my bed, lam :winky:

Ten on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Get into my bed, lam :winky:

Let me tell you about killing.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah our game is going to be amazing yo'

LaCabra on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A pvp arena mech game with 2 teams

rotating maps with various objectives

WoW style controls with a leveling and upgrade system for various types of mechs

a sort of re-envisioning of nwn's arena servers

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    how many people you got working on it?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    GenericFanGenericFan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    welp

the result of a small amount of time in flash: shooty

pls note it has no array optimisation so will lag out in like thirty seconds. wasd + space

supers secrets, the right shift key and right arrow

GenericFan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I also have a web-based game that I've been putting some time into.

It's a strategic turn-based game with some civ-style segments and an invite-only feudal system to get into the game.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    how many people you got working on it?

six

two of us are the guys who made shotgun sunrise, so we're pretty serious business

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra and I are also working out the details of turning this into a legitimate business, so we are definitely serious about it.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How dare you two talented fuckers start doing something like this without inviting me, who has no time, ambition or talent to add to such a project but would have fantasised about being involved anyway.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    How dare you two talented fuckers start doing something like this without inviting me, who has no time, ambition or talent to add to such a project but would have fantasised about being involved anyway.

Do a Let's Play of it when they're done?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wanted to make a game that was sort of Jurassic Park + standard Lovecraftian fare + Amazon ruins

it was why I tried to learn level design in Hammer, but I realized that what I wanted to do was way too big in scope for me

looking back on it, there was like no gameplay, just atmosphere

edit: no, I take that back. it would've been more of a first person adventure game, I suppose. putting together clues of what went down in this odd little research facility near some even odder ruins in the rain forest

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg