As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Confused by the story? Right this way. (NSF56K)

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm about to unlock the M16A2 after using the FAMAS a whole lot. Will my mind be blown by the awesome?

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm about to unlock the M16A2 after using the FAMAS a whole lot. Will my mind be blown by the awesome?

Probably not, no. It's good, but they're pretty comparable.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ah, lie to me next time.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The M16 is better than the FAMAS because it is 'MURRICAN MADE.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Yes.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I started out using the SCAR, and played pretty well. Then I switched over to the FAMAS, but wasn't very impressed by it, and played worse than with the SCAR.

I got the M16, and I'm a monster, it fires a lot faster than the FAMAS for me, and it's dead accurate with little to no recoil.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah, sorry to anybody asking for invites earlier today, we had a 9 person party going :(

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    FAMAS feels great though. No recoil, and one burst kills almost every time. Even with a silencer. I run stopping power with the silencer just to ensure that the guy goes down in one.

I almost wish it has less ammo, because running it with scav just seems overkill, but I need scav to maintain my claymore shenanigans.

I'm split now between shotguns. I've been using the striker and liking it, especially with Grip. The AA-12 is my first love though, but the rate at which it chews through ammo and requires a reload has been getting on my nerves a bit. I wonder how the Benelli M4 is gonna perform when I get it.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

pros: comes stained with the blood of charlie

cons: even worse, if such a thing is possible, if you are jumped at close range or if the first burst does not kill

Nuzak on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The more I play this game the worse I get. I peaked with 13/11 on my first game. Curses!

Was going with the RPD + heart sensor but trying to unlock a heat scope for an assualt rifle as I'm liking the one I'm using right now. Need to sit down and make specific classes though.

Can't wait for level 30 though. I keep on seeing harriers and helicopters and I can't do much and my team mates refuse to do anything. What makes it worse is that whenever I get a helicopter it seems to last for all of 2 kills (if!) before it's shot down.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I just fucked over my KDR so bad,the last few matches were absolutely abysmal for me. For some reason I completely lost my ability to kill ANYTHING.

thought you would like to know you are ranked over 100,000 levels above me in terms of kills

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lord Yod wrote: »

Yes.

The M16 is more accurate and does more damage, I havent touched the FAMAS after i got it, simply because its just obsolete at this point.

Edit: The M4 is worse than the OLDER M16, what is up with that ?

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    M16 does more damage? Since when?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »

pros: comes stained with the blood of charlie

cons: even worse, if such a thing is possible, if you are jumped at close range or if the first burst does not kill

I've been having pretty good luck getting jumped when I have the FAMAS, if I can get a burst out I live by the skin of my teeth. However, if I just get gunned down from behind, no gun would have saved me. I've been keeping my shotgun out when traveling through tight spots recently.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MW2%20Weapon%20Chart.gif

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MW2%20Weapon%20Chart.gif

Another proof that the ingame weapon description is worth dick, I would swear that it shows that the M16 does double damage compared to the FAMAS

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/weapons/assault-rifles/ yeah.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sorry to CommunistCow, but seriously, fuck Ground War.

I don't know what it's like on the consoles this time around, but on the PC it's where all the hackers and exploiters hang out.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    HQ pro is where it's at

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Has anyone noticed that when they jump into Domination after the update on 360, some domination games seem to be playing to over 10000, not 200, the game never ends, and everyone playing on the maps are jerks?

I call shenanigans(glitching/hax). :?

BladeOfSanjuro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MW2%20Weapon%20Chart.gif

Another proof that the ingame weapon description is worth dick, I would swear that it shows that the M16 does double damage compared to the FAMAS

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/weapons/assault-rifles/ yeah.

all the snipers do the same damage? but they have different multipliers?

the ebr does less damage than the intervention for sure

xta on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The in-game screen things are bullshit, don't even bother reading them

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had my K/D ratio at a good 2.60+ for the first 9,000 kills, then I realised the error of my ways. I was using the same gun over and over again, and never even once used a riot shield. Now I try all sorts of crappy, yet fun combinations and even though my K/D has plummeted, I don't care. Nothing quite beats the experience of circle strafing around a team while pelting them with rapid fire bullets from Akimbo ump's. Hilarity!

Also, I am surprised no one has figured out how over powered One man army truly is. Unlimited noob tubes and claymores on demand. I can start a match and find a spot, set down 2 claymores and have a 3rd one ready, while tossing unlimited noob toobs across the map with danger close. I did this the other day and it became the ultimate cheese factor. It may not be overpowered to the experienced player who can do better with a assault rifle over a noob tube, but it sure could be overpowered in the hands of a crappy player who can now get tons of kills without any effort what so ever. I guess alot of people just haven't figured out the perk yet.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I had a weird game last night in which it was a FFA game, with 18 players. It was pretty nuts, especially in terminal. The guy who won just spawned, backed up a bit and knifed people in the back as they respawned at the rate of about one every three seconds.

It was like quake 2 instant spawn all over again.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Squabman wrote: »
    I had my K/D ratio at a good 2.60+ for the first 9,000 kills, then I realised the error of my ways. I was using the same gun over and over again, and never even once used a riot shield. Now I try all sorts of crappy, yet fun combinations and even though my K/D has plummeted, I don't care. Nothing quite beats the experience of circle strafing around a team while pelting them with rapid fire bullets from Akimbo ump's. Hilarity!

Also, I am surprised no one has figured out how over powered One man army truly is. Unlimited noob tubes and claymores on demand. I can start a match and find a spot, set down 2 claymores and have a 3rd one ready, while tossing unlimited noob toobs across the map with danger close. I did this the other day and it became the ultimate cheese factor. It may not be overpowered to the experienced player who can do better with a assault rifle over a noob tube, but it sure could be overpowered in the hands of a crappy player who can now get tons of kills without any effort what so ever. I guess alot of people just haven't figured out the perk yet.

This is the correct way to play.

And switching around different OMA combinations allows for easy nukings, as someone last night showed me

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Okay, so with One Man Army, you lay your claymores, fire your tubes, then swap to the same class and do it again?

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You can't swap to the same class, but you have have two classes that are exactly the same. The only-two-claymores/C4s-out-at-a-time rule still applies, though.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    You can indeed swap to the same class.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

man what

well that's broken

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    You can't swap to the same class, but you have have two classes that are exactly the same. The only-two-claymores/C4s-out-at-a-time rule still applies, though.

Yes you can.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Pro version of OMA seems to suggest it takes some time to switch classes, how does that work? Is there a cooldown between being able to repeatedly switch classes or is it that once you switch you have to wait a bit until your class is switched?

peterdevore on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

man what

well that's broken

Not really. You give up your tier 1 perk and your secondary weapon in order to do it, and it takes long enough to leave you significantly vulnerable.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Pro version of OMA seems to suggest it takes some time to switch classes, how does that work? Is there a cooldown between being able to repeatedly switch classes or is it that once you switch you have to wait a bit until your class is switched?

It has a six-second swap time where the only action you can take is to move. You can't break the swap, either.

And to whoever revived the old thread to discuss plot, don't even try to justify any of it. It won't make sense no matter how it's cut.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    JMT_AOTPJMT_AOTP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    anyone playing now or soon that wants to team up on some domination?

JMT_AOTP on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »

It has a six-second swap time where the only action you can take is to move. You can't break the swap, either.

And to whoever revived the old thread to discuss plot, don't even try to justify any of it. It won't make sense no matter how it's cut.

Three seconds with pro.

Which is faster than reloading your RPD without slight of hand

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, if the only 2-claymore rule still applies with the OMA perk, then I guess I don't need it. I do ok keeping my minefields up with scavenger.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Well, if the only 2-claymore rule still applies with the OMA perk, then I guess I don't need it. I do ok keeping my minefields up with scavenger.

OMA allows you never ever to leave your camping spot to get additional claymores and possibly get shot in the process

It also allows for infinite 203's which drives the other team fucking nuts

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

man what

well that's broken

Not really. You give up your tier 1 perk and your secondary weapon in order to do it, and it takes long enough to leave you significantly vulnerable.

I agree. With scavenger you have infinite ammo/grenades, you just have to run over a few packs. With OMA, you have infinite ammo, you just have to give up a perk+secondary weapon+3 seconds. The only time where I thought OMA was broken was when some asshat glitched himself on top of the highrise roof. He would noobtube, throw a few grenades, then OMA and repeat the process.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So OMA with Hardline, then switching to a class with Danger Close Pro once you get an airstrike or something is a pretty nifty idea.
    And switching to a class with hardline, you won't instantly get a killstreak you're one kill under once you've switched, but it would reduce one you're 2 kills off from to one kill off. Might be interesting if you are really close to an awesome killstreak and don't want to risk it. This guy says that works.

peterdevore on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OMA is fantastic for camping

Scavenger is fantastic for moving around and shooting stuff

All other tier 1 perks can suck it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OMA is fantastic for camping

Scavenger is fantastic for moving around and shooting stuff

All other tier 1 perks can suck it

Now that I got all of my Scavenger achievements I took it off most of my builds. Sleight of Hand is fun, but now I miss having unlimited ammo. I'm forced to pick up the guns of my victims. How passe. :(

Michael H on