Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    I kind of wish the squad spawn thing was slightly tweaked. Having someone(s) spawn on your face as you're about to kill another person is getting annoying. Maybe if you're within knife range it should be greyed out.

Problem is that it could be exploited to. Someone hides on the roof or something obnoxious and manages to prevent squad spawns because it is just close enough to impede it.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sherlok wrote: »
    We, the PC master race, don't have to deal with this DLC bullshit do we

Absolutely, I'd imagine we can purchase it through steam or the EA store (since I don't see an in game store like in Dragon Age). Then enter the code in game, like the limited edition stuff.

And by purchase I mean get for free, this time.

then we can all frolic in the fields of the new maps with our M1 Garands in our hands.
    and then be locked the fuck out of actually using them because of EA server bullshit, like our M1 Garands.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    YontouryuYontouryu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yontouryu wrote: »
    Some pretty fun games last night guys. Best moment was when we were defending A on the 2nd stage of Nelson Bay, and had a wall of motion sensors along the battlefront.

You mean the time you put bullets in my head? Like, three times in a row?

Good times indeed.
    You were presenting it so well, I thought it would be rude not to perforate it!

As for squad spawns, I think a 3 second timer on spawning would work. So if someone has a squadmate spawn on him, it would be a 3 second wait for someone else to spawn on him. And if you just spawned, its also a 3 second wait for anyone to spawn on you. I've seen games where 2 people in different squads get on a atv, drive behind enemy lines or to an mcom, then 6 dudes just appear because they've held their spawns.

Yontouryu on
    a3968.png
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love the boats when defending on the island map.

And by boat i mean the free 500 point floating objects that eat my rocket. Watching the points add up is my favorite part.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    That was quite good spy-business Echo!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    I love the boats when defending on the island map.

And by boat i mean the free 500 point floating objects that eat my rocket. Watching the points add up is my favorite part.

Wish there were water mines.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    sooo i really like modern warfare and the way it's played yet don't fancy giving activision any money due to them being utter ponces and the fact that mw2 has no dedicated servers.

how does this game stack up? will it scratch my itch?

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    evilthecat wrote: »
    sooo i really like modern warfare and the way it's played yet don't fancy giving activision any money due to them being utter ponces and the fact that mw2 has no dedicated servers.

It's better than MW2 but it will also laugh at you for only being used to infantry combat and close quarter battles.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey, the server browser only crashes my game about 10% of the time. I guess that's improvement over it's functionality in the beta.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    evilthecat wrote: »

If you like team games where you shoot at people, vehicles, and buildings then it will scratch that itch.

Malkor on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sherlok wrote: »
    We, the PC master race, don't have to deal with this DLC bullshit do we

Absolutely, I'd imagine we can purchase it through steam or the EA store (since I don't see an in game store like in Dragon Age). Then enter the code in game, like the limited edition stuff.

And by purchase I mean get for free, this time.

then we can all frolic in the fields of the new maps with our M1 Garands in our hands.
    and then be locked the fuck out of actually using them because of EA server bullshit, like our M1 Garands.

Truth.

I mean, I know I'm a bad player and all... but I logged into the BF Veteran site last night, and my rank has actually gone down since I last logged in, even though in-game it still says rank three the vet site says I'm a 2 now.

Stay classy, EA.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just got kicked from a game by the server's administrator for the reason of "you were kicked by the administrator".

Well okay then. That sure was an informative message.

reVerse on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I just got kicked from a game by the server's administrator for the reason of "you were kicked by the administrator".

Since when do they have to answer to you?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well it'd just be nice to know why I was kicked. I didn't do anything out of ordinary, I was attacking with the rest of the team and then bam, out.

reVerse on
  • Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haven't attempted to play MW2 until last night and it isn't playable after spending time with Bad Company 2.

MW2 is comparable to a car with flash and no balls.

Cincitucky on
    Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well it'd just be nice to know why I was kicked. I didn't do anything out of ordinary, I was attacking with the rest of the team and then bam, out.

They probably just made room for a dude who wanted to join.

Like we do on the PA servers.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I got kicked from a pub yesterday.

Presumably for shooting the recon-playing admin in the head from across the map four times in a row.

Echo on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was looking forward to the AN-94 but it seems to shoot peas or something. I hit a guy with 3-4 bursts and then they gun me down with a 1911 or something.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Presumably for shooting the recon-playing admin in the head from across the map four times in a row.

Well, I was wreaking all manner of double and triple killing havok in that game, so I guess something like this might've happened in my case as well.

Though I was playing an engy, not a recon.

Because I'm not a girl.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I was looking forward to the AN-94 but it seems to shoot peas or something. I hit a guy with 3-4 bursts and then they gun me down with a 1911 or something.

I've said it before: The AN-94 is more hyped than Flippy-D. I just don't get the love.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    A played against 4 of you PAers last night in my first ever game of Squad Rush.

I won't make that mistake ever again.

I don't think my team was out-and-out bad. For a pickup group, they quickly formed a party and invited me and we were talking tactics the entire time. It's just... who can withstand the Medic LMG rush? :?

I convinced them to stick around for 4 rounds before it just became unmitigated rape, after which I couldn't really justify hanging around to play longer. You earn so much less XP when you're losing, in the end it's just a waste of time.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I've said it before: The AN-94 is more hyped than Flippy-D. I just don't get the love.

Haha.

NOW IN THEATRES: THE LIFE OF FLIPPY-D!

And then it's just him sitting on a hill for 2 hours.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I seem to have an easier time killing people with the engy guns than the assault ones. Compact XM8 and the AKSU are both very nice. I guess I should just stick with the 40mm when playing assault.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »

Interesting.

I was in a british server yesterday, hosted by a clan called "The Photon Raiders". I was doing very well with sniping, managing a 20 kill streak in my first run, but they didn't kick me! I even became a little annoying, i was bragging and taunting them in the chat, but they remained calm.

I'm gonna go there more often :D

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    AntiQuoAntiQuo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anybody else having their bullets from the revolver(MP-Rex or some shit) seem to vanish into thin air? I have shot people point blank with the damn thing and nothing ever comes out of it. Not even the X of a hit comes up.

AntiQuo on
    1e276.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I mean, said admin should maybe not sit in the same spot every time, where I have a great line of sight to him but he can barely see me.

Oh well, fun times.

Echo on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So XM-8c VS. SCAR-L. Looks like the SCAR is better in every respect but RoF but with the 20% higher damage the SCAR kills faster. What are the opinions of others?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    XM8C is better because the irons don't suck.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    SCAR sucks, XM8 rocks.

EDIT: I'm prepared to never play anything but shotgun-toting Recon ever again. So much fun.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Also it doesn't seem to have a animation for flipping up the GL sight, which ruins the fun in long boring runs. Another point against it.

It's like the swing lightsaber button in KOTOR all over again. Flip flip flip flip flip flip. Up down up down up down.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All SMGs bow before the AK74SU.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All the guns are fine

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't think I ever equip anything but shotguns with my engineer

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I can't seem to get over my fixation for fixed gun emplacements. I seem to get the most kills when I'm manning a nice shielded gun turret, and I regularly kick ass when I'm manning a rocket turret against tanks. Probably because I can usually see the tanks well before they see me, and I can get the requisite two hits in before that tank turret swings my way.

Only downside is that on certain maps, I get snipered when I try to man certain emplacements. And yes...I will go back to the same one, even knowing there is a sniper out there who is laughing at my repetitivness.

I did have trouble getting into "The Angry Dome" last night. Maybe during peak times we should password the server?

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    All the guns are fine

Pretty much the truth. There's nothing wrong with the SCAR, but I hate the irons.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I don't think I ever equip anything but shotguns with my engineer

If you're gonna hunt tanks up close shotguns are a must. If only to shoot other engies in the face with before stealing the vehicle they hopped out of to repair.

Malkor on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The guns I don't use are based on strictly personal taste

I switch my guns all the time. I find that sticking to just one gun is boring.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No, no passwords. Ever

Unless it is an event night

We should totally have some squad deathmatch dealies sometime

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Other than picking a shotgun as opposed to an SMG, I just go by which gun is cooler in my head at the time. Except I don't use starting guns.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »

I did have trouble getting into "The Angry Dome" last night. Maybe during peak times we should password the server?

Passwording the server removes earning points towards unlocks.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.