As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MICHAEL BAY ON]Bad Company 2: Carl Gustav is king!

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    cshadow42 wrote: »

I did have trouble getting into "The Angry Dome" last night. Maybe during peak times we should password the server?

Passwording the server removes earning points towards unlocks.

Yeah, don't put a password on there. You'll make Carl Gustav mad.

Don't wanna make him slip a bitch.

92959484.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01ED35E53F8D697DCCE4D68277A8469021B4333DF4676AF61E30A760B0D811297

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Knorre wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    I got kicked from a pub yesterday.

Presumably for shooting the recon-playing admin in the head from across the map four times in a row.

Interesting.

I was in a british server yesterday, hosted by a clan called "The Photon Raiders". I was doing very well with sniping, managing a 20 kill streak in my first run, but they didn't kick me! I even became a little annoying, i was bragging and taunting them in the chat, but they remained calm.

I'm gonna go there more often :D

Back in the BF2 days me and my buddy(a chap who goes by the name Cold Prophecy) used to whore helicopters like nobody would believe. Doing unbelievably douchebaggy things, like helping our team capture every point on the map just so we could force the enemy team to spawn back at their home base and circle it mercilessly gunning down every poor miscreant who spawned within view of our gun sights. Literally getting insane kdrs like 70-3 due to our efficiency at taking out AA emplacements and ensuring that any and all vehicles were promptly destroyed before anyone could touch them.

Needless to say this got us banned from servers... a lot of servers. We actually started keeping track, and were banned from over 100 servers due to our "poor sportsmanship"

One day we come across this one server called "The Christian Gaming Coalition." Here we're thinking pay dirt! These guys would probably ban us for our foul mouths alone, not even getting far enough to allow them to witness the extent of our helicopter debauchery. Away we go joining said server with enormous grins on our faces, knowing without a shadow of a doubt these prudish religious fanatics would surely give us the boot. In turn giving us another feather in our "look at how frequently we get banned for blatantly being better than everyone else at whoring the most over powered weapon in the game" caps.

I don't recall the maps name, but it was one of the BF2 Special Forces maps. An urban one where our favorite whore-toy of all time was in play.

The MI-24 Hind.

We join and notice it's seemingly untouched, sitting on the helipad collecting dust much to our delight. Immediately jumping in with me as the pilot and him as my crackshot with the TV-missile gunner(and I do mean crackshot. mother fucker could chase down the jets with the damn thing).

Our team is not doing so hot as we get in. We're down in points held, but the tickets aren't so far off that the game is un-winnable. So we lead the charge, guns and missiles blazing to take back the map. Our tactics of picking a flag, circling it until nobody in their right mind would spawn there, and then hover capping the bitch were fruitful. We quickly gain control of the entire map.

Many profanities ensue as we not only assault their playing skill, but their religion, manhood, and yes even their sexual preferences. Yet we are still not banned. After a continuous verbal assault these christians were either amused, or ignoring us.

So we begin operation skullfuck. Promptly entering the airspace around their main base, blowing up every piece of equipment they have on the ground, and rapidly gunning down every enemy combatant as they spawned.

After almost 10 minutes of continuous deaths they still do not ban us, despite us knowing there are admins aboot. Somehow a couple of individuals managed to sneak past our wall of explosions and bullets to capture a nearby base. Soon all the enemies begin spawning there rather than where we intended to funnel them.

Alright we think, we'll play your game.

So we begin circling their one outer spawn point, noticing on the map that our team has seemingly setup lawn chairs and grabbed a few beers to observe the absurd display of griefing we're putting on.

Again we do nothing but circle this one base pulverizing everything that's wearing boots.

Still not banned. Surely there must be something wrong.

As the game comes to an end, and our KDRs reach something absurd like 122-1, we're flabbergasted. Have we actually found the one server that, despite our best efforts, will simply refuse to ban us out of some absurd principle?

Eventually we called it a night after like 5 maps of repeatedly pounding these guys into the dirt. So we did what any good team of assholes would do. We bookmarked the server and joined it at every opportunity we got.

3 or 4 days later(and several hours of playtime put in) we notice it's mysteriously vanished from the server browser. To this day we still don't know what happened. Did their funding for the server run out? Did they move on to another game? Or did our absurd amount of griefing simply take it out of them because of their stern refusal to ban us?

God only knows, but god bless those poor Christian gaming bastards for putting up with our shit for as long as they did. They were real troopers.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

I did have trouble getting into "The Angry Dome" last night. Maybe during peak times we should password the server?

Passwording the server removes earning points towards unlocks.

Yeah, don't put a password on there. You'll make Carl Gustav mad.

Don't wanna make him slip a bitch.

92959484.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01ED35E53F8D697DCCE4D68277A8469021B4333DF4676AF61E30A760B0D811297

His royal highness sure done put a smile on his hoe face.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    That is an amazing story, strat <3

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    strategery wrote: »

Presumably for shooting the recon-playing admin in the head from across the map four times in a row.

tl;dr I'm kind of a douche

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

tl;dr I'm kind of a douche

If you've ever played Eve, or potentially ventured into the Eve thread like 2 years ago, then you would know my name is synonymous with douchebaggery.

Not only did I run with the single most infamous group of griefing assholes that game has ever seen, but I also kind of pulled a small scam on the PA Eve corp shortly before I quit playing that game...

So yea I am kind of a douche sometimes :P.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Aren't we all!?

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Aren't we all!?

Yes, but I have a feeling not all of us have been a douche to the great extent I have been...

exhibit A

My groups douchebaggery was so legendary we got our own PC Gamer Article.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Aren't we all!?

I've never been one for more than 10 mins at a time let alone 3-4 days.

I still salute you strategery sir, and will be sure to make an extra special point to kill all choppers when you are on a server.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »

Aren't we all!?

I still salute you strategery sir, and will be sure to make an extra special point to kill all choppers when you are on a server.

I retired the ol PC, but if you're playing the 360 version that probably isn't a bad course of action. Though that wont stop me from finding other ways :twisted:

Edit: and the best/most hilarious part of playing it on the 360? There's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it, short of finding another game. Though it does take some of the enjoyment out of it, seeing as how I can no longer see how long an individual server is willing to put up with my bullshit.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Malkor wrote: »

Aren't we all!?

I retired the ol PC, but if you're playing the 360 version that probably isn't a bad course of action. Though that wont stop me from finding other ways :twisted:

Edit: and the best/most hilarious part of playing it on the 360? There's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it, short of finding another game. Though it does take some of the enjoyment out of it, seeing as how I can no longer see how long an individual server is willing to put up with my bullshit.

Use countermeasures ;)

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    AntiQuoAntiQuo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Stupid question, how the hell do you take screenshots in this? I have tried using print screen but I always end up with a big white image framed by the Bad Company 2 window.

I got a 300 marksman headshot and I have no way to prove it :(

AntiQuo on
    1e276.png
  • Options
    SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

if you hop on vent and ask for a spot they're usually pretty good with finding you one.

Once EA decided to start working again there was a varitable genocide of pubs trying to make room for PAers. Not sure how they managed to fill the server before everyone got on.

Sherlok on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In the other BF games there was usually a key you could map in your control config for screenshots. And the game would just save dump it to a directory under my documents.

If that's not there, try FRAPS

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    BaronTobascoBaronTobasco Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Is it just me, or do people spam the 40mm grenade launcher and the carl gustav to excess? i'd say like 8/10 of my deaths are to those two weapons...it gets a little old.

BaronTobasco on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Aren't we all!?

Yes, but I have a feeling not all of us have been a douche to the great extent I have been...

exhibit A

Thats you?!?

0_0

Noice! Are you sure you aren't a something awful goon at heart? Buy yourself an account there and post your story in tales of douchbaggery in the Games forum. They'd love to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'd love to see a Battlefield 1942 map make it into a nostalgia map pack. Have one side start on a carrier with transport choppers or something.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

From 8 PM Central GMT, to roughly 10 PM, it already was all PA'ers. You more or less had to hawk-eye the server list, spamming the "Join Now" button until success was had.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Machismo wrote: »

Aren't we all!?

exhibit A

Thats you?!?

0_0

Noice! Are you sure you aren't a something awful goon at heart? Buy yourself an account there and post your story in tales of douchbaggery in the Games forum. They'd love to hear it from the horse's mouth.

My part of the story unfortunately isn't as exciting as the gents outlined in that article. Those of us tasked with stealing everything that wasn't bolted down from the corp hangers were kind of left out :(.

Needless to say it was highly entertaining trying to explain what I was doing going from station to station in a massive freighter named "5-Finger Discount"

edit:

That's not to say I still wasn't loved by all :D

mehran.jpg

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Playing with you guys last night was a lot of fun. Even when we lose, we play damn well. It is really impressive. I need to play on some pubbie servers though. My k/d ratio is hurting since all my points are coming in as support or assists.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a Battlefield 1942 map make it into a nostalgia map pack. Have one side start on a carrier with transport choppers or something.
    Wake Island will end up being ported to this. It's the stone that DICE keeps trying to squeeze blood from.

I'd rather see something more interesting like the Philippines.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You know what pisses me off most about helicopters? It's the fact that the Russians and Americans seem to have forgotten about heat seeking missles and AA turrets. The two most modern armies laid to waste by one dude circling around in a helicopter because in Next Sunday AD, we've moved on past such simple tech and now force our troopers to try to hit choppers with a tracer dart.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Aren't we all!?

exhibit A

Thats you?!?

0_0

My part of the story unfortunately isn't as exciting as the gents outlined in that article. Those of us tasked with stealing everything that wasn't bolted down from the corp hangers were kind of left out :(.

Needless to say it was highly entertaining trying to explain what I was doing going from station to station in a massive freighter named "5-Finger Discount"

So how did that work out? Was it planned that you would hit locations a and b and take all you could while other people were tasked with c through z? Was it just a timing thing? Like 8PM CST, steal EVERYTHING.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Jast wrote: »
    You know what pisses me off most about helicopters? It's the fact that the Russians and Americans seem to have forgotten about heat seeking missles and AA turrets. The two most modern armies laid to waste by one dude circling around in a helicopter because in Next Sunday AD, we've moved on past such simple tech and now force our troopers to try to hit choppers with a tracer dart.

I have a long, long way to go on killing choppers. Any advice? I am losing my opportunities to practice as more and more are being covered in C4 and flown into exposed MCOMS.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I have a long, long way to go on killing choppers. Any advice? I am losing my opportunities to practice as more and more are being covered in C4 and flown into exposed MCOMS.

Wait for an oppurtunity; 90% of chopper pilots are not that great, and may simply hover over a spot while they shoot. Tunnel vision. While this is happening, peg the thing with a rocket or shoot the pilot (the front seat for attack helicopters, the right side of the cockpit for Blackhawks) in the face with a bullet.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Aren't we all!?

exhibit A

Thats you?!?

0_0

So how did that work out? Was it planned that you would hit locations a and b and take all you could while other people were tasked with c through z? Was it just a timing thing? Like 8PM CST, steal EVERYTHING.

It was all timed down to a T. The idea was to divert attention away from our thieving operations with the whole "show of force" mantra. By taking out the single most valuable ship in the game, and subsequently assassinating the target corps CEO with it, it ensured that most of their attention was left with security of their CEO and her high value shit. So while they were out doing their thing, a small group of us (4 to be exact, believe it or not our group never consisted of more than 12 people at any given time, and usually only 7-8 on a single contract) were tasked to hit stations in certain sectors. Literally stealing everything, including the kitchen sink.

Once the bulk of the thieving was done, and to avoid drawing all their attention to these freighters that were ominously moving station to station, we got about half way to 3/4 of the way done with our routes when we initiated the attack order. Keep in mind we were doing this at about 4am my time(MST). A few snarky bastards got wise to our thieving, but once their beloved CEO was suddenly being attacked, they all rushed to her defense. Leaving the rest of the stations wide open to our glorious looting missions.

In the end the loot we jacked was the more crippling blow to their corp. Taking out an individual player and her valuable ship and implants is nothing compared to devastating an entire groups lifeblood(BPOs, BPCs, etc, etc).

The best part was, the guy who hired us actually felt bad after all was said and done. He came to us asking for a "pearl harbor style attack" and we delivered this in spades. Only he meant pearl harbor style as in ambush them in space and tear them to pieces. Which isn't our style. We don't kill corp players, we kill CORPS.

Edit: but really this isn't the Eve thread. And I get the feeling I'm not too welcome there anymore anyway heh. If you'd like to know more, shoot me a pm or something. This isn't the place to discuss it.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If it's a transport chopper, you can probaly heavy MG or AT4 it. If it's an attack chopper, and the pilot is good, leave the server then because he's going to dominate you. And the best part is, even if you do shoot it down, it'll respawn in 30 seconds. I thought these guys had learned from Battlefield Vietnam, where if you were on the Americans, and the NVA stole your choppers, it was game over because the NVA had heat seekers and the Americans didn't. How did they try to fix it? They buffed up the AA capability of the M60. Thanks dudes for not giving the U.S their own heat seeker!

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If it's a transport chopper, you can probaly heavy MG or AT4 it. If it's an attack chopper, and the pilot is good, leave the server then because he's going to dominate you. And the best part is, even if you do shoot it down, it'll respawn in 30 seconds. I thought these guys had learned from Battlefield Vietnam, where if you were on the Americans, and the NVA stole your choppers, it was game over because the NVA had heat seekers and the Americans didn't. How did they try to fix it? They buffed up the AA capability of the M60. Thanks dudes for not giving the U.S their own heat seeker!

While not a "heat seeking" projectile, the AT-4 in this does give you quite a bit extra maneuvering of the rocket. Enough to peg the tail rotor as the pilot desperately tries to eliminate the "msl lock" on his console.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Two things:

Arica Harbour needs a chopper on the first part of the map and

They need to add in a sprawling urban map with only infantry. I am talking being dropped into the middle of a city and fighting in dozens upon dozens of houses. I would argue that it could be a single point rush map where the M-Coms are in a building that can not be collapsed.

Think Assassin's Creed but where you can just blow everything up.

AntiQuo on
    1e276.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AntiQuo wrote: »
    Two things:

They need to add in a sprawling urban map with only infantry. I am talking being dropped into the middle of a city and fighting in dozens upon dozens of houses. I would argue that it could be a single point rush map where the M-Coms are in a building that can not be collapsed.

It wasn't infantry only, but I could see a BC2 remake of Strike at Kharkand being awesome.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The first stage of Arica Harbor is fine the way it is. It's one of the few rush maps where tanks really get to go at it.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I just got kicked from a game by the server's administrator for the reason of "you were kicked by the administrator".

Well okay then. That sure was an informative message.

Yeah it sure would be nice if you could make it relay a message. But you can't.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I agree that city fighting could be the best fighting.

I'd kill for a bigger, modern version of CS_backalley or something.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The first stage of Arica Harbor is fine the way it is. It's one of the few rush maps where tanks really get to go at it.

If by go at it you mean live for 20 seconds before being blown up by the 12 recons calling in mortar strikes. I'll admit there is a lack of hot tank on tank action in Rush, but I think it just doesn't lend itself to the gametype. Rush to me is a mode of a deeply entrenched defense trying its hardest to hold out against a relentless onslaught of aggression. Tanks just don't seem to pop up in my head when I picture that. The only reason I say P1 of Arica needs a chopper is to hurry that shit up and get to the better parts of the level, namely P2-5.

AntiQuo on
    1e276.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    P1 of Arica Harbor is my favorite. It's probably because I usually play engineer and for them, P1 is a target rich environment.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I like being an engineer on defense there, dropping AT mines all over the roads.

M.D. on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    P1 of Arica Harbor is my favorite. It's probably because I usually play engineer and for them, P1 is a target rich environment.

It would be cool if the game eventually got themed booster packs the way BF2 did, with Armored Fury focusing on tanks and what not. Really let the engineer and the vehicle perks have their day in the sun.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Make Vehicle Smoke perks immediately remove spotted status.

How I long for this. Pretty pointless to throw up a 360 degree smoke screen if you're still spotted after doing so. The Smoke Secondary needs to recharge faster as well.

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »

It would be cool if the game eventually got themed booster packs the way BF2 did, with Armored Fury focusing on tanks and what not. Really let the engineer and the vehicle perks have their day in the sun.

Armored Fury also introduced the A-10.

Which frequently showed up as not just 1 A-10 per map.. But 2 A-10s per map.

Yes, much douchebaggery unfolded with those too.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    AntiQuo wrote: »
    Two things:

I wouldn't have a problem with light vehicles (humvees for example) in a map like that. Heck, add the transport helicopters but make it a dense enough shanty town that they are dominating.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
This discussion has been closed.