As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Bioware: Yes, we are racist ;_;

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    best part of Garrus' loyalty mission
    Sidonis: OH SHIT, GARRUS

*slowly walks away*

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • KasanagiKasanagi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    On Garrus loyalty:
    Paragon and Renegade playthroughs allowed me to do it both ways, and see the results either way. I was significantly disappointed with the renegade route though.

As for Anderson vs Udina in the first game, however, I totally let Anderson punch udina. I picked the route that was "safest" for anderson, what he chose to do to maintain that safety is up to his own paragon/renegade bar :P

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Zephyr wrote: »
    i let him do it
    , he's looking up to my example in ME1 after all!

Sad part is that leading Garrus down the paragon route in ME1 has zero impact almost :)

Except maybe 1 line of dialog.

Egos on
  • PopesnaxPopesnax Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    best part of Garrus' loyalty mission
    Sidonis: OH SHIT, GARRUS

*slowly walks away*

I knew I wasn't the only person to find his reaction a little understated.

Maybe he was trying to do the "slowly walk away unharmed from an explosion" thing and forgot that bullets are not explosions.

Popesnax on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Is the Hammerhead DLC out yet? Or still on track for this month at least?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »

Tuesday.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Dammit, this means I have to change the thread title.

Dox the PI on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    man, paragons

I bet you're the type of people who told Anderson not to punch Udina too

Oh hell no. It's much too satisfying to watch Anderson deck that asshole. Verbally curb-stomping the reporter is pretty goddamned fun though.

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    man, paragons

Oh hell no. It's much too satisfying to watch Anderson deck that asshole. Verbally curb-stomping the reporter is pretty goddamned fun though.

Isn't Udina's office the Paragon choice?

Dox the PI on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    What's with the awful thread title?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    man, paragons

Isn't Udina's office the Paragon choice?

Yes, it is. But even if it was renegade I'd pick that one every time. Way too much fun to see Udina get his ass kicked. Bioware really made him easy to hate.

Orca on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Title should be something flashier, like "Riding the [Mass Effect] Space Shark for free on 02/26/2010" or "I'd like to Hammerhead dat [Mass Effect]" or something

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited March 2010
    Original title was better :/

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    My Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder keeps me from mainting any title for longier then 6 minites

Give me sugestions dammit.

Dox the PI on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If Legion's around when we get the Hammerhead, he do a victory dance...MC Hammer style!

"Shepard-Commander, I do believe it's hammer time."

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited March 2010
    If you so desire, I have packed all of my ini mods into this and uploaded it. (link updated)

Features:
    No startup movies
    Infinite "Storm" AKA Sprint
    Modified Krogun - 6 shot magazine, 24 spare ammo (40 after research upgrade), semi-automatic, high speed ROF.
    Modified Widow - 6 shot magazine, 24 spare ammo, semi-automatic, high speed ROF (same as krogun's).

Just drop this in your Mass Effect 2 install folder under \BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked\ , make sure to backup your current coalesced.ini first, just in case!

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Kasanagi wrote: »
    If you so desire, I have packed all of my ini mods into this and uploaded it.

Features:
    No startup movies
    Infinite "Storm" AKA Sprint
    Modified Krogun - 6 shot magazine, 24 spare ammo (40 after research upgrade), semi-automatic, high speed ROF.
    Modified Widow - 6 shot magazine, 24 spare ammo, semi-automatic, high speed ROF (same as krogun's).

Just drop this in your Mass Effect 2 install folder under \BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked\ , make sure to backup your current coalesced.ini first, just in case!

I'm putting that in the OP kthanx

Dox the PI on
    edited March 2010
    Curse you PC users!

*Planet scans*

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Sure thing. If anyone's got requests for ini mods, I don't mind piecing together an ini for you.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2010
    Still waiting for the KroGun shooting Grunts and Wrexes.
    Yeah yeah, I know you can't do that by hacking the coalesced.ini. Where's vsove?!!

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    I think the proper implementation of that would be a mod for the Cain. Have the usual explosion effects, but make the missle projectile model be Grunt/Wrex. Easy to mod I'd think, and hilarious to watch.

Kasanagi on
    steam_sig.png
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Mass Effect 2 had best be the bee's fucking knees or else Bioware and I are going to have to have a little talk about our relationship. This awc.dll problem is making me quite irritated.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2 had best be the bee's fucking knees or else Bioware and I are going to have to have a little talk about our relationship. This awc.dll problem is making me quite irritated.

If it does not blow your socks off, you are not human sir.

Orca on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    korodullin wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtj38KQxm4

You're going to just sit there listening to this music the first time you load up

Robman on
  • RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Ah yes, naturally my favorite part of the game

(not my playthrough)

goddamn can Bioware build up to a climax

Robman on
    edited March 2010
    The jump in is just the most badass thing ever. The music really drives it home.

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    Ah yes, naturally my favorite part of the game

(not my playthrough)

goddamn can Bioware build up to a climax

That playthrough is so badass and sometimes I wish my playthroughs ended more similar to that.

Edit: Oh it's not the one I thought it was, where at the end
    EVERYONE DIES!!!

Because that ending is epic.

Aegeri on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh god that video

down's syndrome shepard

Nuzak on
    edited March 2010
    Anybody figured out what the minimum to make it through without dying is, in terms of recruitment and loyalty missions completed? Ideally, just Shepard and one other person make it, and look on over a vast sea of corpses as they leave the Collector base behind. I want my next full play through to be a bloodbath without killing off Shepard like I've done before.

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    Anybody figured out what the minimum to make it through without dying is, in terms of recruitment and loyalty missions completed? Ideally, just Shepard and one other person make it, and look on over a vast sea of corpses as they leave the Collector base behind. I want my next full play through to be a bloodbath without killing off Shepard like I've done before.

You need at least 2 people to live.

Dox the PI on
    edited March 2010
    That's not as fun. Wanted it to be a speedrun where Shepard lives!

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    That's not as fun. Wanted it to be a speedrun where Shepard lives!

It is difficult to do because it can randomly kill off your loyal members when non-loyal ones screw things up. Meaning that a speed run like this is immensely unpredictable (but would be utterly intense).

Aegeri on
    edited March 2010
    Well, let's see. If the minimum needed is 2, then if I go with a loyal biotic and a loyal other, and throw everyone else to the wolves, taking the biotic and other with me at the end, I should make it, and that eliminates the randomness. Hmm...

I'll lose Tali, Garrus, and Jack right off the bat due to no upgrades (that's fixed unless you take one of them with you into the Occulus fight or leave them behind [if possible], right? And it goes Tali/Legion/Thane/?, Jack/?, Garrus/Thane/? depending on who's available?)

I'll need 1 sacrifice for the vents
    1 sacrifice for holding the line

I have to pick up the first 4 (Garrus, Grunt, Jack, and Mordin) before Horizon will trigger.
    Pick up Zaeed along the way...does the IFF mission fire after you've picked up x crewmates or completed x missions? If it's x crewmates then I guess I'll just round things out until it fires off, do a loyalty quest and a sidequest, then make my bloodbath run (preferably leaving Grunt in the tank and selling Legion off to Cerberus). If it's x missions, then I could potentially try the run with 6 people in my squad, and that would be awesome. :twisted:

Am I missing anything here?

Orca on
    edited March 2010
    Well, let's see. If the minimum needed is 2, then if I go with a loyal biotic and a loyal other, and throw everyone else to the wolves, taking the biotic and other with me at the end, I should make it, and that eliminates the randomness. Let's see...

I'll lose Tali, Garrus, and Jack right off the bat due to no upgrades (that's fixed unless you take one of them with you into the Occulus fight or leave them behind [if possible], right?)

I have to pick up the first 4 (Garrus, Grunt, Jack, and Mordin) before Horizon will trigger.
    Pick up Zaeed along the way...does the IFF mission fire after you've picked up x crewmates or completed x missions? If it's x crewmates then I guess I'll just round things out until it fires off, do a loyalty quest and a sidequest, then make my bloodbath run (preferably leaving Grunt in the tank and selling Legion off to Cerberus). If it's x missions, then I could potentially try the run with 6 people in my squad, and that would be awesome. :twisted:

As per always with this game, you plan wont work.
    As per alway's with this game, your plan wont work.

Dox the PI on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so illium was damn awesome
    the rachni queen is doin' good, building forces. i'd say she's a brother of mine, but she's actually a sister of mine. it's all good. i know when it's time to roll, she's got my back

matriarch bartender is awesome

blasto the jellyfish is awesome

blue rose of illium was awesome

bigot asari was awesome

thane was awesome

viper is not so awesome. i got the widow first, that's probably why.

samara is i dunno

this time around is my "play around and poke stuff" run, but next time i'm going to pay a lot more attention to my decisions. i let garrus take the shot. sidonis is a damn coward. eh, i'll stop him next time.

what i wanna know is, who shot/wounded harkin? :P

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    edited March 2010
    Well, let's see. If the minimum needed is 2, then if I go with a loyal biotic and a loyal other, and throw everyone else to the wolves, taking the biotic and other with me at the end, I should make it, and that eliminates the randomness. Let's see...

I'll lose Tali, Garrus, and Jack right off the bat due to no upgrades (that's fixed unless you take one of them with you into the Occulus fight or leave them behind [if possible], right?)

Yeah, I think the main place it falls down is that with the lack of ship upgrades
    It's actually random who dies, but I'm not 100% sure

Aegeri on
  • Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It's not random

Sunday_Assassin on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Yeah, I think the main place it falls down is that with the lack of ship upgrades
    It's actually random who dies, but I'm not 100% sure

You can get all the ship upgrades off the import mineral bonus. Just take them before loyalty missions start popping up.

electricitylikesme on
  • Gentle_ZombehGentle_Zombeh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I made this account just for this thread because I'm addicted to mass effect 1 & 2 and there is one thing that bugs me and i hope someone could answer this for me... Why the hell does everyone speak human English? Did humanity demand this just so we didn't have to learn like fifty million alien languages?

Gentle_Zombeh on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I made this account just for this thread because I'm addicted to mass effect 1 & 2 and there is one thing that bugs me and i hope someone could answer this for me... Why the hell does everyone speak human English? Did humanity demand this just so we didn't have to learn like fifty million alien languages?

Translators are formalized. Everyone wears some sort of translation device which is wirelessly updated as a public service. School children apparently learn an alien language as a matter of diversity, and there's a simplified trade language, but basically everyone depends on natural language translaters.

Hence the reason you can even understand the Hanar, since they talk with light.

electricitylikesme on