As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Costumes '10?

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Hellz yeah!
    You'll be able to tell who I am - the witch from l4d with short brown hair...... xDD

Don't know if you made it to the Make-A-Strip today, but Gabe & Tycho told the story of you screaming and chasing down the guy who bonked you on the head with an nvidia inflatable. One o the security guards apparently was dumbfounded as to how to respond. :)

Me and my girlfriend looked at each other and back at the stage during that story. All I could think was: "Are they talking about Alma or...?"

Seriously, did a witch girl person actually run down a hall and scream like crazy? It just seems surreal.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Hellz yeah!
    You'll be able to tell who I am - the witch from l4d with short brown hair...... xDD

Don't know if you made it to the Make-A-Strip today, but Gabe & Tycho told the story of you screaming and chasing down the guy who bonked you on the head with an nvidia inflatable. One o the security guards apparently was dumbfounded as to how to respond. :)

Me and my girlfriend looked at each other and back at the stage during that story. All I could think was: "Are they talking about Alma or...?"

Seriously, did a witch girl person actually run down a hall and scream like crazy? It just seems surreal.

I was actually quite put off by the guy who hit me - he broke my thumb claw in half. It's going to take two days to replace it.
    Yeah, they told me to stop screaming after that, because they couldn't tell if it was me or someone who was actually in danger. So I just growled and moaned really loud instead.
    I actually wasn't able to go today, I was really mad! I got my friday pass just days after they sold out of three day/saturday passes, so I didn't get to see you guys who didn't go Friday...

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    Tal!nTal!n San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have a decent amount of photos from today; I'll have them posted within the hour.

/Edit: Or not, sorry guys. Totally falling asleep*—*tomorrow morning it is!

Tal!n on
  • Options
    Bigman812Bigman812 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I walked by a small witch yesterday in a crowd. Had to do a double take to make sure that I saw what I thought I saw.

Bigman812 on
    Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker.
  • Options
    divinebaboondivinebaboon Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Did anyone happen to have a picture of the Rin Tosaka cosplayer? She was reeeaaally pretty!
    here's a blurry and slightly creepy video I took of her..around 0:13
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=376565853364

divinebaboon on
  • Options
    Silent ZeroSilent Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whoever was the spy who made that dude scream like a little girl... props

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1485/img0684jq.jpg

Silent Zero on
    Yes I work for Netflix. No, I can't give you any free movies dammit.
  • Options
    Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!

I think Gabe was just as dumbfounded as the security guards. His exact words to me was,"I'm happy that we provided a venue for her performance art." Kris Straub's reaction was,"Oooo so that is who was screaming yesterday."
    It just seems surreal.
    Pfftt... She had impeccable timing. Here is the series of events from my perspective. I was waiting on the D&D line and talking to people thoroughly creeped out by her. As we were talking about her she walked along the hallway like a witch. Then someone startled her. The scarier part was that she is loud as hell.
    I was actually quite put off by the guy who hit me - he broke my thumb claw in half. It's going to take two days to replace it.
    I was so close to provoking you. So very very close. I really didn't want to annoy the people I was waiting in line with because they were afraid of you. Also, can't you glue the pieces back together and how hard did he hit you?

Mad_Scientist_Working on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!

I think Gabe was just as dumbfounded as the security guards. His exact words to me was,"I'm happy that we provided a venue for her performance art." Kris Straub's reaction was,"Oooo so that is who was screaming yesterday."
    It just seems surreal.
    Pfftt... She had impeccable timing. Here is the series of events from my perspective. I was waiting on the D&D line and talking to people thoroughly creeped out by her. As we were talking about her she walked along the hallway like a witch. Then someone startled her. The scarier part was that she is loud as hell.
    I was so close to provoking you. So very very close. I really didn't want to annoy the people I was waiting in line with because they were afraid of you. Also, can't you glue the pieces back together and how hard did he hit you?

Well I'm glad my services were well taken.

I would love to tape them together and just repaint it like I did with another claw, but the problem is the other half went missing. After I chased down the guy, I went back to the site and looked around for it. Other people pitched in to help, but it was no where to be found.
    Good thing I had the stuff to repair them, so I ended up just cutting off the edge to make it sharp-looking and painting the tip over, but now it's half the length that all the other claws are. Ah well, it was a fun time.
    He hit me pretty hard, actually. He might not have realized how fragile my claws are or something, but he really did startle me! I didn't even see him coming.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    Usual21Usual21 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!

It just seems surreal.

I would love to tape them together and just repaint it like I did with another claw, but the problem is the other half went missing. After I chased down the guy, I went back to the site and looked around for it. Other people pitched in to help, but it was no where to be found.
    Good thing I had the stuff to repair them, so I ended up just cutting off the edge to make it sharp-looking and painting the tip over, but now it's half the length that all the other claws are. Ah well, it was a fun time.
    He hit me pretty hard, actually. He might not have realized how fragile my claws are or something, but he really did startle me! I didn't even see him coming.

Do you have a pic of your costume?

Usual21 on
  • Options
    ShadowsDieAwayShadowsDieAway Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

hehe just one of my many victims

ShadowsDieAway on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

You were the spy! I saw you sneaking around behind people quite a few times and I have to say that you, sir, are awesome. Many times I wanted to give you a high-five but I was being photographed really often as well (I was Vanille and my friends were Pyramid Head, Sakura, and a splicer) so every time I saw a spy being awesome and walked towards that general direction, by the time the pictures were over the spy had gone invisible. :(

Loweryi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Usual21 wrote: »
    Hellz yeah!

It just seems surreal.

I do indeed. I'm too lazy to get them off my camera, though, so I'm just going to hit you up with some links.
    MMOMFG
    Loot-Ninja.com
    This is all I've found for now, though G4 took some footage of me so I'm not sure what they're doing with that (if anything at all).

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I saw you Friday night with a friend (I was in a wheelchair near the table top games). I saw you sobbing in a corner and was like "Should I see if she needs help or something?" I thought you were hurt or lost something or whatever. Wasn't till you got up and shambled off down the hall it all clicked and I was like "ooooohhhh." I was with a friend and her reaction was like mine, except more confused when you left.

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    BTW, though I didn't cosplay (unless you count "guy in wheelchair with cane" as that), just wanted to stop by the thread and say WOW. I've been to a few Gen Cons, were people Cosplay, but you guys all blew them away! AMAZING costumes everyone! I salute you. :)

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I saw you all over the place - you even stalked me for a bit - woman getting it on camera gave you away. I thought you were awesome though!

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone got pictures of a Nick that wasn't wearing a medkit but had a big frying pan?

SlayerPath on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    :p

4472091944_688f361f48_b.jpg

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey all! Does anyone have pictures of me that they'd be willing to post? I was a female red Scout, wandering around the con with an actual baseball bat [which by the grace of god security never questioned me about]. I think about 30 people took my picture so if you have any good ones I'd love to see them! Thanks! :D

[egd] Succubus on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone has any pictures of the Pyramid Head, Sakura, Splicer, Vanille group they want to post (or one of us separately) that would be awesome! I know we were swarmed with cameras quite a few times
    (because of Pyramid Head, I think) and I'd love to see some of the pics. Also, if anyone managed to catch the picture of us four posing with that awesome Isaac cosplay I'd realllly love to see those!

Loweryi on
  • Options
    OriginalGmanOriginalGman JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Really wish I hadn't left my golf club in the car after seeing so many people walking around with some serious gear. When I saw the Chuck Greene of Dead Rising 2 with the chainsaw paddle, I knew security was being way more lax than everyone claimed they would be. Oh well, live and learn.

Props to the Neku Sakuraba and Bayonetta cosplay, that shit was tight.

OriginalGman on
  • Options
    SlayerPathSlayerPath Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bayonetta cosplay, that shit was tight.
    Literally was lol

SlayerPath on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Green Man did a great, uh, green man.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    thank you kindly :3

-Neku

ROFL on
  • Options
    RayoRayo Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Rayo on
    504bj4.gif
  • Options
    jp182jp182 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if anyone has pictures of my girlfriend can you post them?
    she was dressed as Franziska Von Karma from the Ace Attorney Series. She didn't have a wig and she's a tiny asian girl.

Somehow we only got one picture of her while she was dressed up and I know a few people took pics of her.

jp182 on
  • Options
    UnderHero5UnderHero5 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!

It just seems surreal.

I do indeed. I'm too lazy to get them off my camera, though, so I'm just going to hit you up with some links.
    MMOMFG
    Loot-Ninja.com
    This is all I've found for now, though G4 took some footage of me so I'm not sure what they're doing with that (if anything at all).
    Just thought you should know... today at the last PA QandA, some one asked Mike and Jerry who their favorite cosplayers were, and Mike said "The Witch". So you definitely left an impression on him, haha. Good job!

I saw you on Friday. I think you talked to my wife a few times. She was a dark haired girl in a poofy blue dress themes like Tycho's shirt, with a Fruit Fucker backpack on.

UnderHero5 on
    -=Evildoers Beware=-
    XBL: UnderHero5
    Steam/PSN: UnderHero5
  • Options
    EiriEiri Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hellz yeah!

I recall watching you run around and do loud things while sitting on a nearby beanbag.
    Anyway, it isn't exactly a cosplay-oriented convention, but I recall an impressive Morrigan cosplayer.

Rainbow's was pretty good, too.
    Toon Link was well done and adorable. :mrgreen:

Eiri on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I had quite a few more people recognize me than I expected. The benefit of doing obscure cosplays is that while many people have bewildered looks, those that get it are fans.

Anyone have pictures of the Music Meister from Saturday? A few people took them, but I haven't talked to any press I think.

Heleor on
  • Options
    Miss PrinceMiss Prince Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jp182 wrote: »
    if anyone has pictures of my girlfriend can you post them?
    she was dressed as Franziska Von Karma from the Ace Attorney Series. She didn't have a wig and she's a tiny asian girl.

Somehow we only got one picture of her while she was dressed up and I know a few people took pics of her.
    Aw man, I'm sorry I missed her. I love those games!

Miss Prince on
  • Options
    mei0023mei0023 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was the Cerberus-style Shepard from ME2... Anybody have any pics of me in costume? :( My camera cord is MIA and I didn't get any pictures of myself. I am a total charity case by now.

Also, mad props to the dual Bayonetta girls. I didn't realize there were two until I spotted them sitting next to each other at the SEGA booth playing Resonance of Fate. Talk about surreal o_O

mei0023 on
    XBL: s0ph14 | Currently playing: Bioshock 2 | On tap: Ocarina of Time
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @rainbowtunnel I don't know if I saw you, but my friend caught a picture of you in the Expo Hall on Friday. http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs441.snc3/25334_381478609379_503584379_3517166_8321254_n.jpg
    I posted a lot of photos on TwitPic and a few on my Flickr. I'm doing a year-long photo thing, like Edgar Wright did last year ...
    http://twitpic.com/photos/crimsong19
    http://flickr.com/crimsong19
    Included in there is a photo of @dwot as the 10th Doctor on Saturday. There are a few partial body shots of me as the 10th Doctor from Friday, as well.
    And what I lack in photos, I make up for in concert videos. ... Like Anamanaguchi performingi the Scott Pilgrim theme tune on Friday ... and the entire Trololololo bit from Paul and Storm and Wil on Saturday ... all concert videos should be up by the end of Tuesday.
    http://youtube.com/crimsong19

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    I had quite a few more people recognize me than I expected. The benefit of doing obscure cosplays is that while many people have bewildered looks, those that get it are fans.

Anyone have pictures of the Music Meister from Saturday? A few people took them, but I haven't talked to any press I think.

Found myself in this video - there's a bunch of other cosplayers as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcN8id9UO9Q

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Found myself in this video - there's a bunch of other cosplayers as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcN8id9UO9Q
    Awesomeness!
    BTW, I was the only one not in costume at the little cosplay gathering thing around 3:30 on Saturday.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The 3:30 gathering kind of failed, in my opinion. Between 3:15 and 3:45, a Marluxia, a Lulu, and I were wandering the entire length of the shopping center to try to find the gathering. We eventually found the Doctor and friends, but I think the actual gathering was over by then.

Heleor on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    True, true. But the 10th (dwot on the Forum) and the 4th Doctors, along with Codex (aerynkelly on the Forum) and Kilo from Dollhouse were pretty solid.

crimsong19 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    UnderHero5 wrote: »
    Hellz yeah!

It just seems surreal.

MMOMFG
    Loot-Ninja.com
    Just thought you should know... today at the last PA QandA, some one asked Mike and Jerry who their favorite cosplayers were, and Mike said "The Witch". So you definitely left an impression on him, haha. Good job!

I saw you on Friday. I think you talked to my wife a few times. She was a dark haired girl in a poofy blue dress themes like Tycho's shirt, with a Fruit Fucker backpack on.

O___O
    Wow, I uh.... WOW. I didn't think I would be that well received. To be mentioned in the Make-A-Strip and then the favorite cosplayer of all weekend for Mike and Jerry.... I think I could die right now and be happy.

Ohh I remember her! She was so pretty, and I loved her outfit. I have a picture of her, actually. I'll post the pictures soon so you can see it. Most of my pictures were of cosplayers, so if anyone else is in them, feel free to take and post them wherever.

@Crimsong19: Thanks for the picture! It's funny because I think that's the only picture with all four of the people in my group in it (only two of us were cosplaying - the Medic and I). Much appreciated. : )

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    O___O
    Wow, I uh.... WOW. I didn't think I would be that well received. To be mentioned in the Make-A-Strip and then the favorite cosplayer of all weekend for Mike and Jerry.... I think I could die right now and be happy.
    I'm not sure it was that well received. People's opinions were that you were nuts or the most brilliant person on the face of the earth.

Mad_Scientist_Working on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    O___O
    I'm not sure it was that well received. People's opinions were that you were nuts or the most brilliant person on the face of the earth.

Well, when cosplaying the Witch I'd say that's well received, regardless. : P

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    BetaMasturBetaMastur Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If anyone got pictures of the Princess Peach in the big skirt, or Lara Croft, please post them.

BetaMastur on
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    O___O

Don't hate, her costume was awesome.

Axon on
This discussion has been closed.