As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Fuel Spill

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Magell wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    2 definitely works, don't know about three.

But, Sentry guns don't count towards your killstreak? That is some fucked up shit right there. So, what, they fixed the Pavelow, but decided they should break something else to make up for it?

Never have. Sentry Guns only come from care packages (even the "proper" Sentry Gun killstreak comes as a crate) so they can't be used to build streaks.

I always found that to be lame, generally sentry guns aren't that awesome so I don't know why adding their kills to your killstreak would be that big of a deal breaker. Sure there are occasions when they can be awesome, but so can every other killstreak.

Agreed. I think it was just lazy programming, honestly. Basically an if/then statement that says if it came from a package, it doesn't add to the streak.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    jedijzjedijz Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've been playing this for the free weekend and I think I just got hacked...

Got thrown into a game on Rust where it was a FFA. Everyone had visible laser pointer lines coming off of their guns along with a targeting box over their body and the FoV was distorted. Every couple of seconds there was messages on the screen such as:

Graphics card overheated.
    Perks have been deleted.
    You will be VAC'd.

After I left I was at lvl 70 when previously I was only at lvl 30 and all my custom setups were renamed Suck Cocks. This has killed any thought I had of ever buying MW2. Now I'm worried that my Steam account will be banned because of something another asshole did.

edit: I just checked and I lost some of my attachments that I've unlocked and all of the pro perks that I've unlocked.

jedijz on
    Goomba wrote: »
    It is no easy task winning a 1v3. You must jump many a hurdle, bettering three armies, the smallest.

Aye, no mere man may win an uphill battle against thrice your men, it takes a courageous heart and will that makes steel look like copper. When you are that, then, and only then, may you win a 1v3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BlindProphet
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just joined a Team Deathmatch that made me level 70 and unlocked all the weapons.
    :?
    What the fuck. I enjoy unlocking weapons/perks/shit. If I get banned for hitting Team Deathmatch at the wrong time, HEADS WILL ROLL.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jedijz wrote: »

Got thrown into a game on Rust where it was a FFA. Everyone had visible laser pointer lines coming off of their guns along with a targeting box over their body and the FoV was distorted. Every couple of seconds there was messages on the screen such as:

Perks have been deleted.
    You will be VAC'd.

After I left I was at lvl 70 when previously I was only at lvl 30 and all my custom setups were renamed Suck Cocks. This has killed any thought I had of ever buying MW2. Now I'm worried that my Steam account will be banned because of something another asshole did.

edit: I just checked and I lost some of my attachments that I've unlocked and all of the pro perks that I've unlocked.

Boy hope this little gem doesn't migrate to XBL. Not to make light of your situation but I have to laugh at the "Suck Cocks" custom class rename. It's like this brilliant hacker has a chance to leave each of his victims a message and all he could think up was "Suck Cocks" what a silly goose of the highest order.

jonny439 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, I just found out that you can delete your online profile and reset your stats/weapons back to level 1.
    I miss my FAMAS already. :(

Rizzi on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So apparently this game doesn't work with Windows 7 x64 and just freezes every time i open the game, right at the menu. Good job IW. Oh well its just a free weekend, wanted to see how it looked on my PC. apparently not.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Well, I just found out that you can delete your online profile and reset your stats/weapons back to level 1.
    The Grenadier default class has the Famas as the primary. It's just iron-sighted with a tube on it.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The Grenadier default class has the Famas as the primary. It's just iron-sighted with a tube on it.

And the FAMAS is the first Assault Rifle in the game, so you get it at level 4 anyways.

PA box people get on ahhh

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jedijz wrote: »

Perks have been deleted.
    You will be VAC'd.

this is now wide spread problem on pc due to free weekend

i would heartily recommend all pc players to not play on the free weekend

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited May 2010

And the FAMAS is the first Assault Rifle in the game, so you get it at level 4 anyways.

PA box people get on ahhh

I still miss my digital sight. Fucking hacking bastards ruining my experience. :x

Rizzi on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    25 kills is like

one domination game.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I might try out the PC version to see how the other half lives.

Edit: Wait, nope, Steam survers are overloaded.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    25 kills is like

one domination game.

Yeah, really it doesn't take long at all to get back to at least the red dot sights (and aside from the TAR-21, FAL, and L86 I never bother with the holo).

Silencer takes a little while longer, but that's okay because I'm not going into S&D or Hardcore until I have Cold Blooded anyway.

It seems like forever before you get Ninja back, too.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm like.. Pretty terrible. Still fun as hell though. Might buy the map pack some time next week.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    ConchobharConchobhar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have discovered a fun new setup:

Barret 50cal
    Spas-12
    Claymore
    Flash
    Sleight-of-Hand
    Stopping Power
    Ninja Pro

Its a bit cheesy, but its fun. I was always terrible with sniping until I tried this, Now I finally understand why so many people snipe. Though it still takes some effort to stay out of the fray.

Conchobhar on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So apparently this game doesn't work with Windows 7 x64 and just freezes every time i open the game, right at the menu. Good job IW. Oh well its just a free weekend, wanted to see how it looked on my PC. apparently not.
    It's just you. I run 7 64 bit and the game has always worked perfectly fine.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I feel so guilty.

I just figured out a new spot on Estate that will easily get you a nuke if they hold A. D: All you have to do is throw pipes over to the sides of the house while standing near the top of the white stairs. It is insanely easy as people think that they are safe at the front of the house and the vegetation blocks their sight. I think it's also a good grenade spam spot.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuck this fucking game so much. I fucking hate it but yet keep fucking going. Why am I doing this to myself? I gain absolutely NOTHING from playing. Nothing at all! Yet here I am. Fucking voting to skip Quarry. Hating myself every moment.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This is why I'm playing old games. Like the good Command and Conquers.

And Reach. That game needs to come out in full goddamnit.

Also SCII. I'm certainly satisfied with this game, 24~ days of played time for 75 (plus tax) dollars is pretty fucking baller, if you ask me.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Generals?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    how many hours of play did you guys get in before you became the embittered husks that we see today? Because I just got this last free weekend and now I'm worried for my immortal soul.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I stopped before I got to that point. Getting 40 back for it certainly didn't hurt.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »
    how many hours of play did you guys get in before you became the embittered husks that we see today? Because I just got this last free weekend and now I'm worried for my immortal soul.

Hey, we're not all embittered husks!

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Whoops, noted

Could I get an invite into the Steam group? I'd like to play with some PA people now that I've reached that level of adequacy where I'm no longer an albatross around my team's neck.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You'll have to contact Fleck0 through either here or Steam.

EDIT: Haven't heard from him in a while, though.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

Generals?

That and RA2/RA2:YR.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    SirToasty wrote: »
    It's just you. I run 7 64 bit and the game has always worked perfectly fine.

It's a fresh reformat. I also looked up the problem, and it isn't just me. Tons of people have it.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jaunty wrote: »

One hundred twenty hours.

I had fun, for most of it, and I might pick it up again at some point if enough of IW sticks around long enough to patch the remaining problems before the studio's legs give out and their bones collapse and the lights go out.

But the online community on the 360 version is utter shite. I always plugged a headset in and let it dangle. So not interested in anything those cretins have to say.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just run through the lobby and go "mute mute mute mute" and then if I can't get them all I go "mute mute mute" in the game.

Because I'm usually with at least 3 PA'ers, if not a full 6. XBL is the worst community in the gaming world, there are so many fucking kids.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    PC. Mute all.

Use Ventrilo

feels good man

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    PC. Mute all.

Use Ventrilo

enter lobby where everyone is flying around and using full-auto no recoil Interventions

back out, discover that you've been reset to level 1 first prestige, nothing unlocked

feels kinda meh man

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh MG4, how you continue to amaze me. Why yes, I would like a gun I never need to reload, thank you very much.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh MG4, how you continue to amaze me. Why yes, I would like a gun I never need to reload, thank you very much.

You're welcome.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You're welcome.

You're thanked.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Huzzah.

ARE YOU PLAYING i bet you are

you aren't

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If you want to play a few rounds, just say the word.
    The word is videogames.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Videogaaaaaaaames

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You know you've found the secondary for you when 4 of your classes have it. Thanks guys, for showing me the M1014. One sitting and it went from 0 kills to 111. It's like a SPAS that makes up for shorter range with the ability to actually make that second shot when your target inexplicably shakes off buckshot to the chest. Plus the M1014 seems to be more reliable within its OSK range. Can't wait for Extended Mags.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

Generals?

That and RA2/RA2:YR.

Excellent.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So yesterday, on the 360 I was watching my buddy play and some shenanigans were afoot. We may have experienced the next round of game-breaking bugs! Here's a summary:

Joined free-for-all. Discover that the game we got into was being nuked. My buddy quickly quit. Then he realized that we both love doing a little Sandy Ravage-esque Booster's Justice! He joined one of the recent players and got back in the game. It was still in progress, with the nuke countdown timer, AT EIGHT MINUTES!
    For the next eight minutes the nuke siren sound was going off and the count down was ticking away. The guy who did it, (Y)our (A) (B)itch -letters in parenthesis are Xbox buttons on the display of course- was using some crazy gun that, my hand to Spas-12, played the AC-130 noise (for the big shot) and the person would be utterly destroyed and then replaced by a goddamn ray of light.
    I'm not sure how scoring worked but it was wonky. My friend never moved at from "0" at the bottom of the screen because Nuke stops all the scoring. There was no game time (because nuke stops that too) only the unusually large nuke countdown. The change was reflected in the post game stats though. I'm pretty sure he was racking up points as he shot people though. The winner went 70-44 or something like that and won by the nuke. In free for all.

What's that? The sound of my PC and a sweet, sweet nostalgic Ultima Online server is calling me...

Moogleofdoom on
    Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
    xbl: Mirage84
This discussion has been closed.