• Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bleh, can't connect to Vic's or Zetx's. I am saddened :(

WMain00 on
  • Options
    JerickJerick Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    We forced a save on it, and I think it took it down. Not sure though.

Jerick on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Do we have a map for the Underdark?

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In case some of you STILL aren't sick of Minecraft LPs, RPS is doing one too. It's text/screenshots rather than video, but it's pretty funny so far.

Darth Nathan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Survey: If you had to walk a labyrinth, would you prefer one that loops, or one with a definite beginning and an end?

Example.

http://duramecho.com/Art/RainbowLabyrinths/RomanLabyrinths/RomanLabyrinthLoopedSpectrum.png

take a look at the maze in the underdark, it has 2 levels with ladders and holes, if you fuck up and go in the wrong hole :winky: you have to find your way back. It got me pretty lost. (hats off)

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Come on Vic's...respond!

WMain00 on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I blame the redstoners.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Come on Vic's...respond!

I'm sorry, I shut down the computer by mistake when I left the house!

It will be back up in like 1,5 hours.

Edit: And I will make some kind of map.

Edit2: I suddenly realise that it might be cooler to make the map a sideways view of the caves. I'll see if that could be done.

Vic on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The undercore is the area behind the main walls in the bigger tunnels leading out into the dark

Basically everything in the first big cavern

When monsters are added, it will be the safe area

The only safe area

and It won't even be safe

Gumpy on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nifty things I found last night:

A sign at the top of a cliff wondering what would happen if you hit the ice below with enough force.
    A human-shaped hole in the ice below.
    A sky-city well on it's way to completion. VERY cool.
    A tunnel in the ice outside that leads into another maze of tunnels underground.
    A new inhabitant (Rodgerick) that has apparently gone mad (read his signs. He's just right of Raeki's mansion)
    Lag = Duplicated diamond picks
    The police station is closed off w/ obsidian
    Nuka has a mini waterfall in his living room, but I can't figure out how...

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The Police station is what

When murdering is added I will have to murder someone

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »

Says "due to no confidence in Gumpy", and another sign in town hall saying you are the cause/root of the Redstone infestation

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Is that what that gigantic wall in the sky is? I've no idea how to get up there.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Is that what that gigantic wall in the sky is? I've no idea how to get up there.

There are many ways to the top of the "Eternal Night" blocker of the sun. But, even further into the distance, there are other towers that are reaching into the sky, some very much like the Sky City in Star Wars.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »

I'm sure someone would arrest you, but the police station is closed off with obsidian.

It all comes full circle

Lost on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Lost wrote: »
    I'm sure someone would arrest you, but the police station is closed off with obsidian.

It all comes full circle

Oh, and those two TNT's that were glassed off? One in visitor's center, one outside..... both apparently blown up. Visitor's center is repaired, but the one that was outside left a huge crater leading into a pretty redstone-infested crime scene

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Not going to lie

This stuff sounds pretty bloody dickish, in such a way as someone really seems to have missed the point of Redstoners, big time

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Is someone griefing?

If so they need stabbed.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    We of the RedStone are abandoning you cretins of the UnderDark! A new home has been crafted out on a lonely island. Follow Pilgrim's Path to the Path of Illumination. FAITHFUL ONLY!

And I know of no RedStoner who has committed such atrocious acts against you Sons of the StoneFather. Perhaps it is one of you, who are trying to incite a war between our two factions!

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Nifty things I found last night:

A sign at the top of a cliff wondering what would happen if you hit the ice below with enough force.
    A human-shaped hole in the ice below.

Awesome! I'm glad someone found that little bit I added (beside my pyramid, which I've even renamed ugly pyramid)

Also, I do think the redstone cult thing is going a little too far. I don't mind a little roleplaying but considering the state of the game at the moment, it's kind of pointless. You can't really achieve anything, besides messing up other people's projects by adding redstone / weird altars. Which I consider griefing.

LionEyez on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was that huge sky shelf always there? Did Vic make it? It seems like way too much work for normal people who could fall off easily.

The one with endless night written on top of it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was that huge sky shelf always there? Did Vic make it? It seems like way too much work for normal people who could fall off easily.

The Tunnellers have decided to try and make the Surface Walkers live underground by blocking out the sky.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

A couple of people are working on it. It's coming along nicely, looks pretty ominous.

Makes me think, I can't remember the last time it was daytime on the surface. It's apparently doing it's job.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Here is a slice of the underdark, showing most of the main caves. I can't seem to switch axis though, so for now can't show a sideways intersection of the caves.
    underdark.png

Vic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Heh, that's pretty cool. I can make out a few of the locations. Looks like the "science center" is that black area to the right. The empty circle left of that is Rodgerick's halls/dome. Town hall left of that. Pyramid is visible up there... Water tower... library, apartments...

You did just give away a couple of secret entrances/tunnels, though :)

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That middle area is the Undercore in all its splendour

Quite a dandy place

Gumpy on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Visited Rapture last night for the first time (also making it the first time I tried multiplayer). Geez, that place is huge and awesome.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It seems like it has become necessary for me to comment on the redstone situation.

I will make a more elaborate collection of rules and guidelines later, but for now I have this to say: The redstone cult is supposed to be about fun without victims. That means that the redstone cult is NOT AN EXCUSE FOR GRIEFING. All buildings, chests, and constructions should be considered private property except where noted as otherwise. Going into someone's house to place some redstone is tolerated, but altering it, digging holes through it or blocking it off is NOT. Nor is using TNT anywhere near undercore or in anyone's project.

I am sure we all want the Underdark server to be fun for everyone, and that means respecting each others playstyles. Later when the next map is established we may do some actual PVP, but until then I want further faction warfare to be strictly non-violent.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    damn, I keep losing connection to Vic's server.

Keeps timing me out. bOOO

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pvp? Is that actually going to be added?

Also, i am planning on building a treehouse later today and one thing is worrying me. When mobs burn in the morning, can that fire start fires in trees? I don't think i've seen it happen but i want to be sure or i'll take precautionary measures that will change the look from what i want.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Vic wrote: »
    It seems like it has become necessary for me to comment on the redstone situation.

I will make a more elaborate collection of rules and guidelines later, but for now I have this to say: The redstone cult is supposed to be about fun without victims. That means that the redstone cult is NOT AN EXCUSE FOR GRIEFING. All buildings, chests, and constructions should be considered private property except where noted as otherwise. Going into someone's house to place some redstone is tolerated, but altering it, digging holes through it or blocking it off is NOT. Nor is using TNT anywhere near undercore or in anyone's project.

I am sure we all want the Underdark server to be fun for everyone, and that means respecting each others playstyles. Later when the next map is established we may do some actual PVP, but until then I want further faction warfare to be strictly non-violent.

Quoting because of BotP.

The reason for this post is that the police station has been rather badly griefed, as well as some of the more elaborate and hidden away redstone shrines.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Current sites of major damage:

Police Station
    Town Hall
    All three main redstone shrines
    The Undercore wood itself

In conclusion, what the fuck everyone. I'm not even that used to what other peoples shit is supposed to be like, but reports from across the board of random damage ect ect ect

This is what we call not cool

This is the opposite of cool

We better sort this out before Underdark 2 goes live or there may be some major issues with the public nature of the thing

Ps if you are in a place surronded by INFINITE STONE why the hell are you building huge ass buildings in middle of the hard to preserve underground forest

Gumpy on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's pretty obvious that none of that was done by PA forumers. The problem is that the IP is public, and Vic had a cool idea with the underdark. People invite friends, pass it along, and it's out of control before long.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It seemed to me that when I was on the surface (before everything was built on vics) it got hella laggy, is the reason it's now near unplayable for me because there are now people actually building up there?

atat23 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    What decides the "lag", in this case? Is it Vic's computer, Vic's connection, or user computers?

I mean, I've got a few PC's lying around, pretty high-powered, and a solid connection... and I wouldn't mind hosting shit if it resolved lag. But if it's dependant on user PC's, I dunno if it would help.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Did Vic's server just crash?

Dignified Pauper on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's usually how much memory that the server is given at start. I know zet's server lagged a little while at 380something megs, and once he bumped it up there was a noticeable difference.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I know that we can change the spawn points now, and since the server saves the last location of the user, couldn't you do some form of spawn jail? where an OP has to teleport you out?

DigitalSyn on
    Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That sounds like more work than just taking away interaction from new people.

There's a built-in function to disallow users from breaking/using/modifying anything around them. Freedom, though, is what makes the game fun. Once a server turns into a police-state, people will flock to alternatives.

People growing the hell up and not being pricks is the only solution. Unfortunately, people have to do that at their own pace.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    So I know that we can change the spawn points now, and since the server saves the last location of the user, couldn't you do some form of spawn jail? where an OP has to teleport you out?

Oh man.. a torchless obsidian jail, and you get stripped of all tools.

downer on
This discussion has been closed.