Options

COD BLOPS: Emblem collage in OP, post your emblem for the next one!

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I've said it before, having MW3 being a prequel would be dumb as hell because of the cliffhanger MW2 left us on.

Yes, but maybe they could retcon some of the more staggeringly idiotic bits out.

I don't want a deep and philosophical experience from my Call of Duty.

I want some explosions and some villains I can fucking hate on.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've said it before, having MW3 being a prequel would be dumb as hell because of the cliffhanger MW2 left us on.

Yes, but maybe they could retcon some of the more staggeringly idiotic bits out.

You can't hate Shepard though. He's just...there. First he's your leader and a bit of a ding bat (Exhibit A: him firing his pistol across a river at least 100 m wide at an enemy that, if they got lucky, could kill this task force's leader because he's a silly sausage) and then he's just an idiot savant military wizard.

I didn't hate him. I pitied him. I even thought of writing an essay explaining his deep psychological problems with reference to John Keegan's The Mask of Command.

And the others? That Rojas guy who you chase for 20 seconds and then shoot? Makarov, who betrays and kills a PC you didn't get the time to identify with at all? And then he's sorta kinda your friend but also not?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Musicool wrote: »

You can't hate Shepard though. He's just...there. First he's your leader and a bit of a ding bat (Exhibit A: him firing his pistol across a river at least 100 m wide at an enemy that, if they got lucky, could kill this task force's leader because he's a silly sausage) and then he's just an idiot savant military wizard.

I didn't hate him. I pitied him. I even thought of writing an essay explaining his deep psychological problems with reference to John Keegan's The Mask of Command.

And the others? That Rojas guy who you chase for 20 seconds and then shoot? Makarov, who betrays and kills a PC you didn't get the time to identify with at all? And then he's sorta kinda your friend but also not?

Shepard shoots GhostGaz in the face.

INSTANT HATE

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Musicool wrote: »

Shepard shoots GhostGaz in the face.

INSTANT HATE

It was just a flesh wound.

Ghost Gaz is like Jesus: kill him and he returns on the third day.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anyways

HOW TO BEAST HEADQUARTERS as last man alive

yes

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    MW2's story was dumb as hell and I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't get a continuation of its plot.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just curious if Treyarch has said if they will sell DLC to add the classic maps for those of us who didn't get the special editions? I still got WaW but be nice to have it all on the BLOPS engine.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Just curious if Treyarch has said if they will sell DLC to add the classic maps for those of us who didn't get the special editions? I still got WaW but be nice to have it all on the BLOPS engine.

This would involve Activision getting money.

So my magic 8 ball says 'outcome likely'.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

This would involve Activision getting money.

So my magic 8 ball says 'outcome likely'.

shutupmoney.jpg

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyways

yes

likeaboss.jpg

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anyways

yes

likeaboss.jpg

I hope the guy he superman knifed watched that kill cam. That was epic and proved he has balls that clank.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Anyways

yes

That knife kill is magic. I love it.

Falx on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    good lord

Hibernus on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fuck all explosives in all FPSes ever.

Ever.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I had no idea the kill range for concussion grenades on Second Chance was so large. I take out 2 SC idiots with a nade from quite a ways away,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzGKhHINYu4&feature=player_embedded

And Scat's video is great, but it was better with us all watching in spectator screaming.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nice, Kris/Scat.

Waiting for a clip of mine to upload, sometimes it's worth checking out the global channel.

This just in: Tomahawks still magic.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nice, Kris/Scat.

Waiting for a clip of mine to upload, sometimes it's worth checking out the global channel.

That death noise was about the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    PS why would any of you like the kiparis, 1400 centrespeed what.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It does have assault rifle penetration, ADS time and aim assist range. Wait, that's not all good either.

Auberon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    True, maybe if it also had a 30 mag size...

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Squabman wrote: »
    Nice, Kris/Scat.

That death noise was about the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

If you listen carefully I swear you also hear the noise faintly from the tomahawk thrower's perspective.

And the Kiparis with SoH has a magazine size of however many bullets you have in reserve.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Well, according to the Wiki, Infinity Ward has officially reconstructed, and there will now actually be three studios working on Call of Duty: Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer Games. So I suppose there may be a Modern Warfare 3 in the future, but whatever Infinity Ward's become, it's not what it once was; all the major players are gone. And even then, if they end up pushing out something that even sort of resembles Modern Warfare 2, I'll never touch it.

I'd want to see where they take the story though. Really bad.

Oh, sure. Don't get me wrong; even though I think Infinity Ward took the Modern Warfare story in a completely absurd direction, I did enjoy the campaign quite a bit, and I do want to know what eventually happens to Soap and Price. I don't like their story, but I want to know how it ends. I just don't want the multiplayer to resemble anything even close to the Modern Warfare 2 game I hated so much.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just rocked the L96 for a few games. There's something about the tension and release of zoom in-wait for sway-hold breath-fire that makes sniping really addictive.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've started using the AUG again.

Dual Mags and a Suppresor is so good, it's a rare gun that I can reliably get double kills with on my connection.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I hope that Respawn makes a game called Call of Doody: Modern War 3.

Respawn's website is still a blank page with times-new-roman font saying they're hiring and the two devs who started it have said that the lawsuit is seriously fucking with their finances, so that doesn't look too good. Hope it works out.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got up to round 18 with me and a buddy in Kino der Toten, and he had to run an errand really quick. He hid in a corner while I lured a crawler around repairing everything. I took a shot at the mystery box and finally got the ballistic knife and Pack-a-Punched it, ready to get my final achievement.

Then, the crawler died on his own (I'm guessing there is a time limit) and I couldn't get to him before the zombies overwhelmed me alone :(

I have yet to see that fucking knife again even hitting the box over and over each time.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Auberon wrote: »
    It does have assault rifle penetration, ADS time and aim assist range. Wait, that's not all good either.

People use aim assist? I figured it was crap and turned it off before my first game.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

People use aim assist? I figured it was crap and turned it off before my first game.

And you wonder why you aren't good at the game?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, I do wonder. I also wonder why you are such a snarky jerk.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    AirExplosiveAirExplosive Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You're fighting against people who, if they're attentive enough, can use the dark and mystical arts of auto-aim to notice you coming around a corner before you've fired a shot, before you've even shown up on their screen

To claim that not using such a thing yourself puts you at a disadvantage is putting it mildly.

AirExplosive on

dil.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Even without the magic behind cover assist, it's subtle but noticeably helpful. You will be surprised how much it can help, given how using a controller can't give the same precision a KB/M can.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    Steel-LionSteel-Lion Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We all had some good games, especially when Scatman claimed I was on hyperactive drugs, and this strangely made me better at the game. Maybe I should get addicted to whatever the hell I was on.

In other news, I want to ask you guys something, video capture cards! Because 30 second clips are not enough, what is a good capture card for the 360 and also, how do they work?

Steel-Lion on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Steel-Lion wrote: »
    We all had some good games, especially when Scatman claimed I was on hyperactive drugs, and this strangely made me better at the game. Maybe I should get addicted to whatever the hell I was on.

In other news, I want to ask you guys something, video capture cards! Because 30 second clips are not enough, what is a good capture card for the 360 and also, how do they work?
    I've heard good things about the Blackmagic Intensity Pro. Which, I believe, lets you run HDMI into it and HDMI out at the same time without lag. Which, if true, is pretty awesome. I'd love to pick one up and just loop the 360 into the PC, and then PC back out to the monitor without introducing a 1s lag.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Most youtube commentators list the equipment they use, so that'd be a good way to find out what the most popular PVRs are.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    As soon as I unlock the 12th layer, I have a new (awesome) emblem. Let's see how long it takes for someone to get the reference (if we're all as '80s movies nostalgic as I assume, probably not long).

It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close.

45204372.png

Here's the original:
    94996839.png

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Aim Assist has been in every consol FPS from GoldenEye to Prefect Dark to Timesplitters to Halo to CoD. Every one.

I'm confused as to why anyone would turn it off.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    As soon as I unlock the 12th layer, I have a new (awesome) emblem. Let's see how long it takes for someone to get the reference (if we're all as '80s movies nostalgic as I assume, probably not long).

It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn close.

45204372.png

Here's the original:
    94996839.png

Last Starfighter something?

I think I saw that movie once when I was 12.

This is a completely random guess.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Last Starfighter something?

I think I saw that movie once when I was 12.

This is a completely random guess.

That's kind of a frightening (and absolutely correct) random guess.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Aim Assist has been in every consol FPS from GoldenEye to Prefect Dark to Timesplitters to Halo to CoD. Every one.

I'm confused as to why anyone would turn it off.

I think it's funny that you're not confused as to why he thinks you're a snarky jerk. ;-)

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Damn, beat me to the punch. The Last Starfighter was a video game kid's dream come true.

ZarathustraEck on
    See you in Town,
    -Z