As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hello.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i usually gauge whether a relationship is going to go places if the person i'm digging on really likes the Princess Bride.

if it's even a "meh" response, that shit's not flying.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'd recommend the first Bourne book, it was more as a whole collective that they were shite.
    The movies have nothing in common but a name and a premise and from there get so divergent as to be totally different beasts altogether. But you still get better milage out of the flicks then the pages (as a whole).

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote:
    Jen likes Gaiman so much that after I told her "The Doctors Wife" really required a background knowledge of Doctor Who lore to really enjoy the episode, she proceeded to sit down and watch every Matt Smith/ Eleventh doctor show despite never having watched a Doctor Who episode with intent prior to that.

She is now a Doctor Who aficionado.

My current lady got me into the Doctor. Now I know more about the series than she does.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I did hook her on Arrested Development though, and she was sad when she reached the last episode and Netflix had no more to offer.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Quoth wrote:
    He's on some other show now, with terrorists?

Homeland. It's ever so good.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I have never seen the Princess Bride. Should I make the effort to track a copy down?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Josh, dammit no! The 25th anniversary of the theatrical release is coming up in September, and I was going to do this then. I had plans.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Next September? That's a long ways to go, this thread will long have fallen by the wayside.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Princess Bride is pretty awesome, and anyone who disagrees is just a terrible person.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    When people say they don't like this movie...I never believe them.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    i usually gauge whether a relationship is going to go places if the person i'm digging on really likes the Princess Bride.

I once had a girl mention on the first date that she hadn't seen The Princess Bride.

Our second date we rented it on the way back to her place.

We've been married for 4 years now.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    When people say they don't like this movie...I never believe them.

It's usually followed by either "but I watched it once, when I was half asleep and in a barrel of vomit, when I was a child"

or "and now I'm off to put sleepy children in barrels of vomit brb"
    Fearghaill wrote:

I once had a girl mention on the first date that she hadn't seen The Princess Bride.

Our second date we rented it on the way back to her place.

We've been married for 4 years now.

And any day now, Westley shall ride in to rescue her from you.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    how does a nerd in this day and age not read any of Neil Gaiman's stuff?

I've never really read his stuff. I read Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader and some of Sandman but that's it

But I'm not a nerd

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I love his stuff, but I think he's overrated

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote:
    I did hook her on Arrested Development though, and she was sad when she reached the last episode and Netflix had no more to offer.

get her to see Archer in the meantime

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Hey since this is like a movie thing even though it's tv has anyone seen/has an opinion on homeland?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    Hey since this is like a movie thing even though it's tv has anyone seen/has an opinion on homeland?

it's nothing like the original series

I heard people say it's "the thinking man's 24"

EDIT: as far as story/plot is concerned, not as far as the format is concerned

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I haven't seen the original.

Is it good or not?

• Options
    yes

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Thanks Indie.

• Options
    (also when did you get your name changed)

• Options
    (back when the forums just switched to vanilla and changing your own name was a thing you could do)

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Really I did not notice that.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    The Princess Bride is one of my favourite movies.

I'm also pleased to see that there are other people who like Stardust, because I really like that movie but ewasn't sure if it was because it's a good movie, or if there was maybe something wrong in my brain.

I also like the Speed Racer movie, even though some of the race sequences made me feel a little motion-sick.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    is @centipede damascus tryin'a call me a nerd up in here

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Shut up Nerd.

• Options
    ONE DAY I'LL MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU, YOU STUPID JOCK

THEN WHO WILL BE LAUGHING

IT WILLL BE ME

AS I SLEEP ON MY PILE OF MONEY

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I earn more than you.

• Options
    ohgodpleasedon'ttakemylunchmoney

7656367.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm going to beat you up for your lunch money.

Then give it to orphans.

They will think I am great, as I gave them money.

When they eventually become homeless thieves, they will steal from you, because you gave them nothing.

• Options
    australia funbucks hardly count as real money

they are one step above monopoly, jr. bills

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    I'm going to beat you up for your lunch money.

Then give it to orphans.

They will think I am great, as I gave them money.

When they eventually become homeless thieves, they will steal from you, because you gave them nothing.

well the only solution is to kill all orphans

I mean, who's gonna miss them, anyway?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    They are worth more than the American dollar.

So you are right, it's not very much.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    it is a negligible difference at best, much like the differences between living in australia and living with a bad case of the gout

sure the gout is marginally more preferable, but really, it's mostly the same experience

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blake did you get that tattoo yet?

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I'm also pleased to see that there are other people who like Stardust, because I really like that movie but ewasn't sure if it was because it's a good movie, or if there was maybe something wrong in my brain.
    It's a really good movie

It just makes me feel so happy

It was everything I wanted in a fantasy romance

although tbh Tangled has probably overtaken it now in my estimations

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Hmm, don't think I've rewatched tangled since I saw it in theaters (I loved it and saw it twice) whereas I think I've rewatched stardust like a dozen times. Must see if that holds true for me, janson! Though enchanted remains my favorite of this genre or however you define it

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Really they're all good, and it's great to have the variety! I need more!

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Haha I know, same here! Which explains why I'm so all in with Once Upon a Time now. It's everything I could want from tv! The only way it could be better was if they threw in an occasional song and dance sequence

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!