As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON] Insurgency

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Raslin wrote: »
    Hey, screw the FN-Fal.

I love the gun, but god damn if it doesn't have the worst sights in the game.
    Or the best. M4's is terrible, the dot is too high so whenever I used it I missed everything. The FAL, though, that's a real gun.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The dot is sighted for 200m. I've been very effective with the M4.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well I was prone shooting at guys in the dot and they weren't getting hit. I never had that problem with the FAL, even while moving.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The iron sights for all the guns are a bit off at the moment. Or maybe they actually have cones of fire.

And what were you shooting for? Were they prone as well or just standing there?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    The iron sights for all the guns are a bit off at the moment. Or maybe they actually have cones of fire.

And what were you shooting for? Were they prone as well or just standing there?
    They were crouching and I didn't see my bullets hitting anywhere near him, but maybe they did, there were a few of us shooting at him.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If this game actually has cone fire, I'll just go right back to Red Orchestra and not even bother trying to get this game fixed.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    If this game actually has cone fire, I'll just go right back to Red Orchestra and not even bother trying to get this game fixed.

At least some of the weapons have cones. But they're small enough it's not noticeable on most of them, especially at the ranges they're meant to be used at. They also don't expand as you fire.

As of right now, the sights of some of the weapons are off, though (mostly the scopes), and that can mess things up. But every rifle and machinegun fires with near laser precision right now, even from the hip, if you get good at aiming that way.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I suppose the only gun with a cone of fire is the shotgun.

When firing multiple shots the only thing you really have to handle is recoil.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I suppose the only gun with a cone of fire is the shotgun.

When firing multiple shots the only thing you really have to handle is recoil.
    Not with the FAL!

You know why? Because it's awesome.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One of the reasons I like the machine guns, is that there is no recoil when they're deployed.

Peewi on
  • Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Are the sights for the sniper rifles off? Because I had the crosshair RIGHT on on the guy, but I shoot and when I look again he's still alive.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fileplanet says this mod has been downloaded 37,000 times.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Meister wrote: »
    Are the sights for the sniper rifles off? Because I had the crosshair RIGHT on on the guy, but I shoot and when I look again he's still alive.

All the scopes seem to be a bit off by varying degrees. The only one I haven't had problems with is the M14 and I hear that even that's kind of messed up.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The FN FAL works perfectly, though.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    D:

Has anyone gotten a blue screen of death while playing this?
    Because I just did.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    D:

Has anyone gotten a blue screen of death while playing this?
    Because I just did.

It's really buggy, i get random unfixable framerate drops, textures goin batshit, and random crashes.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    textures goin batshit? I hadn't heard of that one.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Goomba wrote: »

The FN FAL doesn't have a scope either.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

Nor do most guns. And?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Nor do most guns. And?

People were talking about how the scopes are messed up and then you brought up an unscoped gun that works fine.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Nor do most guns. And?

People were talking about how the scopes are messed up and then you brought up an unscoped gun that works fine.
    No see you said something about the M16 and not M14.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Nor do most guns. And?

No see you said something about the M16 and not M14.

I've been wondering this a lot today, but didn't bother to ask because I was being nice, but...

Are you stupid?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fileplanet says this mod has been downloaded 37,000 times.

And not everyone downloaded from Fileplanet. So it's probably been downloaded a lot more times than that.

Peewi on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love that map where the US forces have to get up that hill right at the beginning. It's really unfair for them, but the firefights there are always awesome.

You just need to get your teammates realize that covering fire means shooting even when you don't see an enemy.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DeepQantas wrote: »
    I love that map where the US forces have to get up that hill right at the beginning. It's really unfair for them, but the firefights there are always awesome.

I think that's Baghdad or however you spell it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

You mean an unfunny waste of time right?

I am going to give this another try for a bit and see if I can get into it.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Peewi wrote: »
    I think that's Baghdad or however you spell it.

Nah, it's some smaller village... if I remember the description correctly anyways.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    edited July 2007

You mean an unfunny waste of time right?

I am going to give this another try for a bit and see if I can get into it.
    I liked it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Best part was totally the part where he's like: "Okay, I'll tell you how to play this game, follow me"

Buddy runs out of cover, gets shot immediately. I laughed.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am a terrible commander. I think I just lost a game because I didn't call reinforcements.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've seen a few servers already with FF off, and was wondering, do you guys think this is gonna become the norm for the game, or does that really make for a more intense experience (being able to kill your friends)?

Profs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Profs wrote: »
    I've seen a few servers already with FF off, and was wondering, do you guys think this is gonna become the norm for the game, or does that really make for a more intense experience (being able to kill your friends)?

It's hard to say right now. I'm sure there will always be FF servers regardless. It seems that a lot of the player base likes FF on, but at the moment, it's too much trouble. There is nothing to dissuade people from TKing or any way to stop them right now. Once we have some sort of control, I'm sure FF servers will stop dropping off and reappearing as FF off servers.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

hahahahaha man that was golden

Urian on
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Video was removed what was it?

I tried this mod out a little bit and so far its fun. Kind of like Red Orchestra: Iraq Edition. Its buggy as hell though. The servers I have tried crash like crazy not to mention my own crashes (course I am running Vista).

I admit I was a little ehhhh about playing a game based on a on going conflict but the game itself doesn't seem to be trying to make a political statement (like some of the Vietnam games from a few years ago). A more realistic Counter Strike more or less.

powersurge on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's like a in-game review of the mod. This guy talks to others on Vent or something (they all have shitty quality, so it's probably teamspeak) and they run around a little bit and do some stupid shit.

My favorite part was probably the best part (my previous post). It's not too bad, but not great either. Those guys are kinda annoying... their voices at least.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Endomatic wrote: »
    It's like a in-game review of the mod. This guy talks to others on Vent or something (they all have shitty quality, so it's probably teamspeak) and they run around a little bit and do some stupid shit.

I think they use the ingame voicechat, as that would explain the shitty quality.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I had the most amazing experience last night.

I was on a 16 player server, that had an admin. Any time at TK would join he'd kick them. And he turned All-Talk OFF.

We were playing Almaden and as the US we actually won the map twice. There was incredible amounts of teamwork on both sides. We would travel everywhere at smaller squads of 3 or 4. When we were moving up from the Alpha capture point to Bravo two of us would lay down covering fire while the others moved up a little, then it would switch.

From Bravo to Charlie we had the squad moving slowly through the attached building. Two in the front looking through their iron-sights peeking around corners, me as the third man leap-frogging with the last guy. The one in the back would move backwards and cover the read, the third man would stop at any side hallways and keep watch until the 4th man moved past, then they'd switch roles.

It was unbelievably cool, and with liberal use of smoke grenades and the teamwork I just mentioned we captured Delta twice (I capped it myself the second time).

I was the commander and everyone actually followed the way-points I'd lay down.

I find the hardest objective to capture on that map is Alpha, but once that one is out of the way the US actually has a chance of moving forward. Also, this map is incredibly difficult on a 32 player server. With up to 16 insurgents, you can just have too many people running around the US spawn and it's difficult for the US to move forward from there. A 16 player server is much more balance IMO.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I installed it correctly and everything yet when i enter a game everything just comes up as pink or black squares. How do I fix this ?

Hocky27 on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hocky27 wrote: »
    I installed it correctly and everything yet when i enter a game everything just comes up as pink or black squares. How do I fix this ?

dx and vid drivers up to date?

Zarcath on