As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I thought it was awesome, very strange but I liked it. brita great as always, loved the dean. the shadow line was gold

seemed like a perfect obsession for abed and a fantastic way to bring about a rift between him and troy. and I always will have a spot for characters on a show recognizing that they're being unrelatable :D

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    The joke with 'Michael Jackson, before and after' was brilliant. I honestly laughed out loud at that.
    With the rift between Troy and Abed, I'll need to see where that goes before I know what to think.

With Jeff's plot, I'll have to watch the episode at least one or two more times before I know what I think about that. I think my attitude toward it right now is "it could have been better, but I liked it".

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    My favorite part was Britta talking about Jeff with Troy while moonwalking and speaking in an MJ voice, which she managed to pull off while still seeming genuinely worried.

Gillian Jacobs is just so good at physical comedy.

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    So who did they hire to impersonate French Stewart?

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Was that the fake Moby from How I Met Your Mother? And of course Kyle Newacheck would hire Blake Anderson to play the door man for an episode he directed

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Was that the fake Moby from How I Met Your Mother? And of course Kyle Newacheck would hire Blake Anderson to play the door man for an episode he directed

It was.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Whoa, hold up

You're saying I'm not the only person on this forum that likes Workaholics?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Whoa, hold up

You're saying I'm not the only person on this forum that likes Workaholics?

I almost never gave that show a chance, it looked so stupid

I've never been happier to be proven wrong

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular

French Stewart...

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    workaholics is awesome, I was hoping he'd have an actual part in the ep but it was nice just to see blake

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote: »

French Stewart...

Who?

Ok this is kind of tough to see but

Screenshot2012-03-23at15553AM.png

The writer of the textbook? Dr. Ian Duncan

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I still feel they over-explain the jokes, rather then evolve them.

I mean if you're going to have someone Hulk out at a celebrity impersonator's party, the obvious thing to do is find some way to get them sprayed with green paint.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So this was kind of in the air, what is with Jeff's doctor? As terribad as Britta is, she saw immediately that anti anxiety drugs was a terrible idea for him. Think its a plot?

I see a finale where the world is starting to crash down on them from these things, and the heating and air conditioning stuff comes back up.

edit: predictions for terrible things to come:
    The apple in jeffs eye? his father issues? the apple of my eye is referred to as children.
    annie is pregnant at end of season(jeffs, a bit of a stretch), britta goes crazy from that idea, ahbed is in a psychosis, troy is blackmailed by heating and air, shirley is stuck in a shitty marriage again, and Pierce is broke from failed business

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So is this the first time it's confirmed for sure that:
    Brita and Jeff are sleeping together?

Also, loved the ending. EVIL ABED.

Ego on
    Erik
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    Ego wrote: »

What?
    That's been confirmed since at least season 1.

Also I don't know what some of you guys are talking about, this was a great episode.

What?

Also I don't know what some of you guys are talking about, this was a great episode.

Huh?
    Didn't season 1 just have them sleep together once? When did they say that they were regularly hooking up?

Erik
    edited March 2012

What?

Huh?
    Didn't season 1 just have them sleep together once? When did they say that they were regularly hooking up?
    I'm pretty sure there was at least one full episode about it pointing out numerous times where they went off to bang

Not sure that's even a spoiler

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    Yeah there is, it's pretty much not a secret at all.

I...

I think I might have missed an episode of community. Which episode was that?

Erik
    I THINK it was the "Clip show" of things that hadn't actually been filmed/shown yet. Might be off on that though

All I know for sure is,
    They flashed back to earlier situations, showing Abed seeing them give away they were banging, like the Halloween episode where he "helps" her with her costume in the bathroom and a stop motion sequence from Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Huh, I barely paid attention to the clip show episode, think I need to rewatch it. Thanks!

Erik
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Yup, it was the clip show.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Abed is in dire need of a reality check. He is this season's "bad guy".

Since we probably have one more season to go, he is an ideal candidate.

Krathoon on
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    guys, the clip show episode didn't actually happen. it was the ghost of bill murray episode where they mentioned a "clip show" episode.

Julius on
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    The
    Part where Jeff is walking down the highway, with the 'Sad Walking Away' music from The Hulk TV show playing killed me. I knew it was going to happen as soon as Jeff woke up on the side of the road, but when it actually did happen, and he started walking away Lou Ferrigno style, man, the people on the ellipticals next to me must've been freaked out.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The
    Part where Jeff is walking down the highway, with the 'Sad Walking Away' music from The Hulk TV show playing killed me. I knew it was going to happen as soon as Jeff woke up on the side of the road, but when it actually did happen, and he started walking away Lou Ferrigno style, man, the people on the ellipticals next to me must've been freaked out.

I just loved that Britta drove a beat up Golf, because that or a Volvo 240 was what I pegged her as driving (even had an Occupy Greendale sticker on the car)

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    did the dean jizz himself in the hallway

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I knew I recognized the door man guy. Thanks for letting me know how.

I really liked this episode. The Pierce storyline of wanting to be Burt Reynolds was a nice side story.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am not understanding the hate for this ep. I really liked it. It wasn't as strong as last episode, but it was still really funny.

Krathoon wrote: »

Shit, that would work pretty well. I'm not sure how you'd balance that with the Air Conditioning Repair School, but Pierce was a villain alongside City College so maybe it wouldn't be that hard.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Shit, that would work pretty well. I'm not sure how you'd balance that with the Air Conditioning Repair School, but Pierce was a villain alongside City College so maybe it wouldn't be that hard.

Chang might also be in his way to becoming a villain (again, I guess, since Señor Chang was an antagonist). Maybe everyone will become a villain?

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ok this is kind of tough to see but

Screenshot2012-03-23at15553AM.png

The writer of the textbook? Dr. Ian Duncan

Nice catch! That's a really fantastic callback. This episode had a ton of great ones.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty solid "B" episode; the cartoonish visual effects were overdone, and the buildup to Jeff-Hulk was a little too absurd, but Jeff-Hulk itself and the ending scene with Troy and Abed were great.
    Huh, I barely paid attention to the clip show episode, think I need to rewatch it. Thanks!

"Paradigms of Human Memory" is one episode you absolutely want to give your full attention. That episode is phenomenal.

The_Tuninator on
    "Paradigms of Human Memory" is one episode you absolutely want to give your full attention. That episode is phenomenal.

It may also be the episode that is referenced the most in later episodes, continuing the joke further. I love this show.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular

It may also be the episode that is referenced the most in later episodes, continuing the joke further. I love this show.

Absolutely agreed. How many other shows would do a "clip show" comprised of entirely new footage, and throw in a direct homage to one of the show's most popular fanvids to boot? Great stuff.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    "Thank you Leonard" damn near killed me.

Oh brilliant
  • baronfelbaronfel Would you say I have a _plethora_?Registered User regular
    anyone have a clip to the end tag/evil abed section people are talking about? My DVR cut off last night just after Abed entered the Dreamatorium :(

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Abed as Jamie Lee Curtis had me rolling (and it definitely took a minute or two to get who he was).

At this point, I'm not sure I could distinguish a real Moby if I saw one in the wild.

baronfel wrote: »
    anyone have a clip to the end tag/evil abed section people are talking about? My DVR cut off last night just after Abed entered the Dreamatorium :(

http://www.hulu.com/watch/343171/community-evil-abed#s-p1-sr-i1

• CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    What's with all the cutesy visuals all of a sudden? It's a bit out of place.
    Chang might also be in his way to becoming a villain (again, I guess, since Señor Chang was an antagonist). Maybe everyone will become a villain?
    Half become evil and half fight for good, leading to a civil war.
    It could work.