SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    New Tomb Raider looks like Uncharted.

Surprise. Shock.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sheep wrote: »

Surprise. Shock.

Looks good, though. Assuming these aren't cutscenes/bullshots.

And looks like Microsoft moneyhatted the DLC.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RE6 actually looks like an RE game.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Hey, this is the industry thread, E3 keynote thread is that way.

So that is a total of three kinect titles shown off, including that one near the end with the Pirates of the Carribean guy. Edit: And one by the Xbox Live team.

Couscous on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Never mind that, there's only been one Kinect game that actually uses its motion controls.

...oh wait, they're apparently re-inventing Wii Fit.

Dude from Nike is out. YES THIS IS HAPPENING
    But we already have Kinect fitness games. They are a bit late to that market.

But it's Nike, therefore it's awesome for some reason. You can earn whatever the fuck Nike Fuel is!

Hey man, you can't tell me the world doesn't need more Footlocker Riots among our urban youth.

• Options
    I know this isn't the E3 thread, but you'll be happy to know that Microsoft has successfully made a 3D Angry Birds.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Microsoft is really really good about this. Do they really have that much more monies than Sony, or does Sony just not really care? The only time I can think of Sony getting something first/exclusively was the Joker stuff from Arkham Asylum.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Microsoft is really really good about this. Do they really have that much more monies than Sony, or does Sony just not really care? The only time I can think of Sony getting something first/exclusively was the Joker stuff from Arkham Asylum.

Well, there was the Street Fighter X Tekken Vita moneyhat, which was AN UNQUALIFIED SUCCESS.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Pretty sure they don't care.

Wasn't it GTA4, where Rockstar went up to Sony looking for an exclusivity deal, and Sony just looked at them like a dog hearing a dog whistle. At least I think it was GTA, it might have been some other big name game.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I think it's a big mistake if MS skips on giving us a peak at the new console.

• Options
    Looks like CODBLOPS got moneyhatted too.

It's more or less over. Smartglass... eh, I dunno. On the one hand, it's great that they're allowing every tablet and smartphone to run it. On the other, I'm not really seeing many compelling reasons to use it, and developers hoping to Wii U-ize their games will run into device fragmentation from hell.

• Options
    Cross post:

Microsoft wrote:
    We're gonna let the number one console seller last gen to hype up their machine for the next year all by themselves. Thanks for watching the same shit we show every year!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    And didn't Arkham Asylum sell better on PS3 because of the Joker stuff? But not by a lot, I don't think. Maybe Sony feels its money is better spent elsewhere?

I mean, do we usually care about this sort of exclusive DLC stuff? We as in the people on this board.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Cross post:
    Microsoft wrote:
    We're gonna let the number one console seller last gen to hype up their machine for the next year all by themselves. Thanks for watching the same shit we show every year!

Meh. Getting worked up over what shows up at E3 is as pointless these days as, well, something very pointless. It's a lot of money blown on making very little look like a lot; nothing's been shown at E3 for years now that was remotely worth a fraction of the hype that E3 gets.

• Options
    Not to mention "winning" the show ultimately means nothing in terms of sales.

Remember that horrible Cirque du Soleil Kinect conference? The Kinect went on to sell bazillions.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Just ahead of Nintendo's E3 press conference tomorrow, Nikkei is reporting on a couple of announcements regarding 3DS and Wii U.

For 3DS, the paper says that Nintendo will announce a large screen version of the system. The new version will have a 4.3 inch screen, or 1.5 times the current size. A release in North America, Japan and Europe could happen as early as Summer.

Regarding the Wii U, Nikkei says that it is expected the price will be around 30,000 yen. It's unclear if the paper received any insider information about this price, or if it's just stating an obvious target. Nintendo has previously said that it would not share pricing information about Wii U at E3.

The paper also reports that Wii U will see distribution of non-game content, including a car navigator and books, and a karaoke service with around 10,000 songs.

View Nikkei's report here (free registration required).

http://andriasang.com/con1b0/nikkei_nintendo_e3/

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    So about $400? Eh...

• Options
    No, shit is more expensive in Japan. Figure around 300.

• Options
    Wait, car navigator and books? I thought the tablet was tied to the system?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Not to mention "winning" the show ultimately means nothing in terms of sales.

Remember that horrible Cirque du Soleil Kinect conference? The Kinect went on to sell bazillions.

...Ummm...excuse me but the whole Kinect unveil was probably one of the most glorious E3 events ever.

• Options
    No, shit is more expensive in Japan. Figure around 300.

Oh, I was just going off the base exchange rate. I was gonna say, I can't see too many people jumping for a $400 console.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

Surprise. Shock.

We've come full circle (and probably not even for the first time). I remember laughing my head off when the original Uncharted was previewed for precisely that reason (which is not to say it did not end up being a very good game that was further improved upon in the sequel).

Microsoft reserved DLC rights for Underworld also, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that again. In the end of the day, we still have a few holdouts for Sony too, so angry morality aside, I couldn't care less--especially since I'd get that on the Xbox anyway.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Wait, car navigator and books? I thought the tablet was tied to the system?

They probably reworked it so it has a non connected mode or something.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't get the interest at all. I've got a laundry list of games I want to see more about, but either they aren't the right kind to be at E3 (i.e., huge-budget hyped types) or the internet will have everything new about them in a couple of days.

It also seems kinda silly to have a running tally of what E3 is doing in the Game Industry trhead when there's an E3 thread right there. I mean, sure, there's relevant stuff happening, but not much.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I don't get the interest at all. I've got a laundry list of games I want to see more about, but either they aren't the right kind to be at E3 (i.e., huge-budget hyped types) or the internet will have everything new about them in a couple of days.

It also seems kinda silly to have a running tally of what E3 is doing in the Game Industry trhead when there's an E3 thread right there. I mean, sure, there's relevant stuff happening, but not much.

Well, the theory is that we can extrapolate what's announced into general industry moves/trends, like Microsoft's aggressive moneyhatting, developers treating Kinect like a big oblong microphone, Microsoft attempting to counter Wii U with smartglass, etc. And of course the general armchair guessing about how the market will react. Like, if the Wii U tablet really can work independently, that might get more people interested in buying it.

People in the E3 thread look at you funny if you start talking about sales.

But yeah, we probably shouldn't go into "that game looks awesome" all that much.

Edit: Speaking of moneyhatting, looks like Microsoft has ALSO moneyhatted the DLC for South Park: The Stick of Truth according to Joystiq.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Christ, Microsoft also moneyhatted RE6's DLC.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/resident-evil-6-dlc-to-hit-xbox-360-first/

This is officially a thing.

• Options
    It's been a thing from whenever GTA IV was announced....

• Options
    I don't think it's been a thing to this extent for quite a while.

That's, what, five or six games coming out in the space of a year with moneyhatted DLC? It certainly seems they're getting more aggressive.

• Options
    More TV and entertainment. Today, Microsoft announced more than 35 new content partners launching on Xbox over the next 12 months, including:

Absolute Radio –U.K.
    Ameba TV – Canada, U.S.
    BreakMedia – Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, U.K., U.S.
    Comedy Central Stand Up – U.S.
    Comoyo – Denmark, Norway, Sweden
    Corus Entertainment’s Franklin the Turtle – Canada
    GameSpot TV – Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
    Headweb – Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
    Indie Flix – U.S.
    Machinima – All Xbox LIVE markets
    Napster – Germany, U.K.
    Nickelodeon – U.S.
    Paramount Movies – U.S.
    Picturebox – U.K.
    Quickflix – Australia, New Zealand
    Rakuten ShowTime – Japan
    Revision3 – Canada, U.K., U.S.
    Rhapsody – U.S.
    RTL XL – Netherlands
    Slacker Radio – Canada, U.S.
    SnagFilms – U.S.
    Terra (Sunday TV) – Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
    The AOL On Network – Australia, Canada, Netherlands, U.K., U.S.
    The Weather Channel – U.S.
    The Whistle – U.S.
    TOU.TV – Canada
    TV3 – Spain
    Twitch TV – U.S.
    Univision – U.S.
    Wuaki – Spain
    Youzee – Spain

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    stop saying "moneyhat"

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Has this been mentioned?

Nintendo to reveal a 3DSXL?

I always had intended to buy a DSXl but just never had the spare money. The base DS always gave me a migraine so I bought very few games for it; but when I dorked around with the Xl at Best Buy I could play for a bit and there were no signs that it was killing my eyes so it seemed like maybe it'd solve that problem and I could enjoy portable games; The same end result for a 3DS might mean I can actually play 3DS games instead of having to ignore and entire subset of video games this "generation".

I'm on board, if it's true.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Napster still exists?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Allforce wrote: »
    stop saying "moneyhat"

Nope. 'Tis a proud industry thread tradition.

Edit: Wikipedia on Napster:
    After a US$2.43 million takeover offer by the Private Media Group, an adult entertainment company,[29] Napster's brand and logos were acquired at bankruptcy auction by Roxio, Inc. which used them to rebrand the Pressplay music service as Napster 2.0.

In September 2008, Napster was purchased by US electronics retailer Best Buy for US $121 million.[30]

On December 1, 2011, pursuant to a deal with Best Buy, Napster merged with Rhapsody. Best Buy will receive a minority stake in Rhapsody.[31]

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    It's a ridiculous buzzword from like 6 years ago that no one but you is using.

• Options
    It's a ridiculous buzzword from like 6 years ago that no one but you is using.

Actually people use it here all the time. I'd drop it if other people complained, but, well, you're the first. Ever.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's an easy catch-all term for the stuff that happens at shows like these, that the "hardcore" people can understand.

Like bullshot. Or frothing demand.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Has this been mentioned?

Nintendo to reveal a 3DSXL?

I always had intended to buy a DSXl but just never had the spare money. The base DS always gave me a migraine so I bought very few games for it; but when I dorked around with the Xl at Best Buy I could play for a bit and there were no signs that it was killing my eyes so it seemed like maybe it'd solve that problem and I could enjoy portable games; The same end result for a 3DS might mean I can actually play 3DS games instead of having to ignore and entire subset of video games this "generation".

I'm on board, if it's true.

I held out on a 3DS because I knew there would be a second version, sure there will be one or two more later as well but if this has all the bells and whistles including the second pad or whatever then I'll buy it.

Notch confirms Minecraft best selling XBLA title in little over a month.

Cade on
  • Options
    I fucking hate video card makers.
    The original Radeon HD 7750 won plaudits for its low-wattage performance and $109 price tag, but now AMD's decided to put out an additional version with 100MHz more clock whizz. The new card also happens to be called the Radeon HD 7750, and it'll sit alongside its doppelganger on the shelves of the world's computer stores just daring you spot the difference. How will you do that? By checking if it requires a separate power supply: the original 7750 was powered entirely through the PCIe slot, limiting its power to 75W and hence its clock speed to 800MHz, while the new one accepts additional power to deliver slightly more grunt and stay ahead of looming competition from NVIDIA. XFX has already jumped aboard with the 7750 Black Edition Double Dissipation priced at $115 after a rebate, and AnandTech says other vendors will follow suit. So, unless you're totally out of power jacks, you know what to look for.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/amd-radeon-hd-7750-900Mhz/

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I fucking hate video card makers.
    The original Radeon HD 7750 won plaudits for its low-wattage performance and $109 price tag, but now AMD's decided to put out an additional version with 100MHz more clock whizz. The new card also happens to be called the Radeon HD 7750, and it'll sit alongside its doppelganger on the shelves of the world's computer stores just daring you spot the difference. How will you do that? By checking if it requires a separate power supply: the original 7750 was powered entirely through the PCIe slot, limiting its power to 75W and hence its clock speed to 800MHz, while the new one accepts additional power to deliver slightly more grunt and stay ahead of looming competition from NVIDIA. XFX has already jumped aboard with the 7750 Black Edition Double Dissipation priced at $115 after a rebate, and AnandTech says other vendors will follow suit. So, unless you're totally out of power jacks, you know what to look for.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/amd-radeon-hd-7750-900Mhz/

Ugh. It's amazing that the PC market has worked this way for as long as it has..

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    stop saying "moneyhat"

We put a moneyhat enemy in RS3.