As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So, i should be building a resolve team for tomorrow, right? Since my Siren is only level 20, should i go with an Ogre and hope for auto-Healer friends?

'Guides' say to use a low-level ogre .... how low-level are we talking?

basically the ogre will keep you at 1hp so long as you havve at least 75% of your health. so the trick is to find the right balance of a ogre/titan lead with the other leader an autohealer that can heal you team back up to over 75%

i usually aim for a team whose HP is less than the amount the healer heals for since typically that allows for wiggle so long as the healer/ogre ally isnt too high an HP.

if you add my phone i usually run an arcangel that heals for β‰ˆ1800 a match

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ya thinking about the dungeon tomorrow, I am thinking of running a resolve team. Use my lvl 6 gigas I got from REM. My current resolve team (that ive never used) is 2993 HP, 1245 RCV. But it is a rainbow team, with Archangel Raphael to turn board to hearts if super critical, Lilith to poision, echidna to delay.

For masks I went in with a mono dark team with a green odin friend.

Just got my first RK from the PAL, have 4 now. Have a lot of leveling to do before I can use them to evolve...

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Info on the 5.2 monster update, not sure if it's already known:
    - Ultimate Valkyrie gains 100 RCV; leader skill = 3x ATK to Healer types
    - Ultimate ChooChooTrain gains 100 HP, 50 ATK, 30 RCV; leader skill = 3x ATK to Technique types
    - Ultimate Siegfred gains 200 HP; leader skill = 3x ATK to Physical types

- Slime King active skills = 3x ATK to their type (Technique/Attacker/Healer/Physical/Devil) for 1 turn
    - Slime Kings require 1 -lit and 1 King Jewel Dragon to evolve

- Evolved Goblins: Active Skills don't change; Leader Skills give Attacker types 2x ATK (Fire), 2x RCV (Water), 2x HP (Wood)

Sweet. Those slimes should be great for the Healer and Mastering teams I want to build!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @gjaustin Did we mention they are nerfing mastering's skill from 5 turn max cooldown to 10 turn? :(

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    @gjaustin Did we mention they are nerfing mastering's skill from 5 turn max cooldown to 10 turn? :(

I saw :(

Does that apply to the everything with Orb Refresh? Since I was on a 10-hour trip yesterday, I ended up farming about 15 Hobgoblins in anticipation.

And are they nerfing it by lowering the max skill by 5 or by raising the base cooldown by 5? That'll matter when I feed!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Everything with Orb Refresh is going to have 10 as the lowest possible cooldown.

I'm trying to figure out how to make my Ancient Light Dragon fit on my Hera team.
    I have:
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=264&q=139.77.1.0.0.35..444.28.1.0.0.0..391.80.1.1.11.0..190.58.1.1.0.0..321.1.1.0.0.0..363.99.1.0.0.0#s

and I need to bring up my max hp by 628. I have 6 wood pengdras, 2 wood pengdras, and 1 king metal. Hmm. Guess it doesn't seem possible unless I get 20 or so King Metals today, which seems unlikely.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    So on my iPad I was able to roll an archangel lucifer with the tutorial roll then a vrtria on the 2nd, 3 star on the 3rd (one of the knights) probably should of waited on the 3rd for a godfest
    Then 2 pal eggs I scored a myth dublit and red dragon so happy there too

Is there any way to get this account on my iPhone? This is the type of game I would much rather play in short spurts on the go then home in bed on the ipad and I don't feel like rerolling anymore on the phone hoping for a decent god

I think you can do it with ifunbox or iTools. You don't need to have jailbreak to use those.

I never tried it and, having spent real $$$$ on this account, don't want to risk losing it but : if you copy the files data48.bin and data56.bin from the phone to the ipad, it SHOULD transfer correctly.

Remember to save your id and secret code somwhere in case anything bad happens!!!

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I just did up a spreadsheet of all the Evolve materials I would need to get my monsters to their mostly final form. Egads that is a lot of materials now that I look at it. I have a ton of feeding and farming to do.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    @38thDoe What would you use otherwise? Another Rainbow keeper to get above the HP threshold? I think that's your best bet. It will just take you longer but it'll be so incredibly safe. I'm assuming your AmaO is over 495 rcv?

@Kick_04 Shiva - it's everywhere you want to be. Never going back to resolve again on Wed/Fri.

PS one skill-up to go on my second Siren! I'll be able to report back on the CDD/Siren/Siren/Shiva/RK/Odin team and my success or lack thereof tomorrow.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Yeah, Rainbow Keeper. It is what I ran last time Hera came by. It is guaranteed 0 stone unless you are watching Firefly/talking to your wife while matching.
    My Amaterasu is at 631 RCV for 3155/turn healing. (1956 HP)
    If anyone needs her for your Hera runs or whatever I have spots open for PA people.

It would just be so much faster with that 25k nuke every 8 turns. Always next time I guess.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Everything with Orb Refresh is going to have 10 as the lowest possible cooldown.

I dug around and discovered that it's raising the base cooldown by 5.

So instead of the skill being 11->5 turns, now it's 16->10.

• Options
    *Event Notice*

After discussing the matter internally, we have determined that in order to ensure and maintain the best quality event possible, we are unable to extend this particular x2 Skill Up event; however, we do still have some good news for you.

This is not the last time you will have a chance at the Tower of Poring, and on 5/29 we will be announcing our next event. The upcoming event is scheduled to feature a x2 Skill Up component as well as a few more things you're sure to enjoy.

Thanks for supporting Puzzle & Dragons, and we hope you are looking forward to a great summer of exciting new events!

Not having skillups is a sign of quality!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Tower of jewel hardest stage has two carbuncle bosses instead of 1. Whoops!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    @smoogy I only have one or two shiva friends. Well people that I see who have shiva's up the most. Never done a run with a Shiva. Have read about how you have to clear in one wave though, so that way the effect carries over to the next set of monsters....

I barely ever run resolve teams also lol... Going to try one or the other tomorrow morning, than try the other after work depending on my first run.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Talking about shiva friends, @smoogy and gaardean, do you mind if I add you to my alt for just tomorrow so I can get some myth dub subs for my lucifer alt?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll have to see, Spoit. I'm max-friended at the moment. Kick, while I'm not trying Hera tomorrow I'll try to have Shiva up if you want to give it a shot.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Really wish they would add some more levels to the Thursday dungeon, maybe have an Adept mode where they replace the Dragon Seeds and Green Carbuncles with Green Evolve Masks/ Demon Masks and Emerald Carbuncles, and add more Dragon Plants. Maybe even a higher level with green Pengu's.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can't read the PAD forums or Facebook posts about people crying over how GungHo has wronged them by not extending the skill-up event to cover Tower of Poring on Saturday. Sure, it's a legitimate gripe, but you'd think that these people had actually lost something important from this.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Facebook is an amazing display of entitlement on any given day.

The pad forum is a bit more reasonable, but I have trouble reading it because every other word and avatar is Lucifer. ARGH. I'm taunted.

The entitlement problem in general is going to become an issue at some point.

If someone is being a jerk and/or a horrible person slap them with a -1 rep. They seem to calm down a bit after that.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure I'll get minus rep for calling people out on their ridiculousness. Don't really care though; I can't sit idly by and listen to people crying about this like they are 4 years old and their kitten just died.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Oh wow, I had totally forgotten that I can farm dragon plants on the 1/2 Stamina Tower of Giants 3rd floor for amazing XP & Gold per stamina. Going to stop running the Thursday dungeon now and focus on getting some food. yay! :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You def get more from Thursday dungeon, but if you're gonna run the tower anyway on the weekend then the plants are only a bonus :)

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Double drop day might be better than giants, unless you only need 1

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, running the Thursday dungeon I get 1 or 2 plants for 10 stamina, and 300-575 XP & 450 - 700 gold depending on spawns.

Half stamina Tower of Giants 3rd floor is 3 stamina and 1350 - 1650 XP & 2700 - 3300 gold depending on spawns.

If I can get 1 plant to drop in every 3 runs, I am laughing to the bank.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm lucky if I get a plant in 3 runs. Usually takes like 5

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't need the plants urgently, so getting some great XP and gold while banking some for later is my goal.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Neat got a 2nd mermaid while trying to get aqua goblins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nice, Spoit! Always helps to have two (like I'm using two for Hera tomorrow). Second one just needs one final skill-up for max.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    @Smoogy and anyone else running Hera.
    If you can zero stone her and don't have Hades or another source of Gravity, I'll recommend you grab two of her so you can someday setup a team to get Zeus.
    If you have a Viper Orochi or Amaterasu Okhami you might want to get two to leave at level 6 for zombie team antics.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Man light dragon dungeon is harsh to me, I'm basically 1/15 for the dragon on master....

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Man light dragon dungeon is harsh to me, I'm basically 1/15 for the dragon on master....

Legndary team Isis/Anubis/RK/RK/RK/Enchida+Pray=dragon

On a hilariously sad note, I died on expert today on room 4 trash with that team but with Bastet instead of Anubis. Ah matching skills of a champ. That's me.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Well, running the Thursday dungeon I get 1 or 2 plants for 10 stamina, and 300-575 XP & 450 - 700 gold depending on spawns.

Half stamina Tower of Giants 3rd floor is 3 stamina and 1350 - 1650 XP & 2700 - 3300 gold depending on spawns.

The drops for plants in that dungeon used to be much more generous, but consensus was that GungHo stealth nerfed it once people realized they could farm it pretty effectively. Glad to hear it still pays some dividends.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I got enough emerald dragons for 7 emerald pengdra....that's like 315000 experience for earth types.

Woohoo.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    @38thDoe I'm too lazy to look back through posts, but for shits and giggles, could you post a "recommended" team for Hera? I want to see how far away I am. Although my time will probably be better spent running expert sprite tomorrow for Dubs

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Maguano there are a couple strategies. I'd suggest checking here, as I'm too lazy to type them all out: http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=2190

The two options I have at my disposal are:
    1. Resolve - pray for luck on first round
    2. Resist/Odin/2 sirens/RK/Poison (or shiva)

I'm doing the CDD/Odin strat. 38thDoe has his own ideas though!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    I'll give you four:
    If you have Amaterasu or Green Odin you can 0 stone her easily by getting your hp over 16.5k and Amaterasu recovery over 495 (easiest is to use Rainbow Keepers and get a beefy Odin)

If you have Seraphim Lucifer you can go Lucifer/RK/RK/Echidna/Lilith/Lucifer. Use Lilith on neptune, both lucifer nukes on hades, heal up and grind Hera down

The rest of these will probably cost you some stones.

For the next few having a max skill Siren is very important because you'll need to heal to full or over 50% every round on Hera/Venus
    If you have a Viper Orochi or a Valkyrie you can go Valk/Siren/Enchida/Lilith/Siren.
    If you have any form of 50% dark resist you can go resist/Odin. You'll need 8.5k+ HP to survive Hades and poison/defense reduction to kill Neptune. This should also have 2 sirens to heal every round on Hera and Venus.

Finally there is resolve.

Basically resolve might have trouble with the first round, but past that you should be going into every following round with your skills fully charged. As long as you can combo decently you should be able to 0-5 stone with resolve as long as you don't have a bad first round. They key is to have something which can kill off all the devils asap since they hit every turn. Then kill off anything that is in sync or will sync. Charge up on the last monster. It helps to have non resisted damage light/dark demons and chimeras, low level ancient dragons can work if you have an amaterasu or orochi.

Odin/Resist can have an easier time with the first rounds since you'll have more hp, but you can get screwed easily at the end with Hera since she has so much HP and you need to heal to full every round for a long time otherwise you'll take 12k/round. You have to remember to carefully use your sirens and save your hearts and red orbs. Go into the damage calculator to see how many combos you'll need to heal off the damage and make sure you are comfy with that.

@_J_ Might want to put this post somewhere.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Last time I 3 stoned Hera with my Valk / 2x Siren / Echidna / Lilith / Viper Orochi team. I realize that Valk is hard to get, but its a pretty easy team to field otherwise.

Incidentally, I just realized that Valk's busty evolve is perfect for partnering with Isis on a healer team. Valk being yellow and green means no need to load the middling Angel and Alraune healers on the team and her 3x attack makes that teams damage equal to dual Isis even sweeter. Only thing that'd make that team more beast would be if (though, hopefully it's just a matter of when) Isis gets evolved to a God/Healer.

• Options
    FlufflesFluffles Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    There's also another strategy with Odin+Resolve, but I'm too lazy to translate/theorycraft to replicate. If you can read Chinese or are willing to deal with gibberish translations here's the thread for it: http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=22153&snA=18026&tnum=32&subbsn=3

The basic idea is to get high enough RCV to heal up to resolve/perseverence's threshold with minimum combos for earlier rounds so you can deal with 2 mobs without issues. Always store orb before killing the last one off, use menace/Odin's nuke to kill if there are more than 2 mobs in a wave.

Fluffles on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular

The drops for plants in that dungeon used to be much more generous, but consensus was that GungHo stealth nerfed it once people realized they could farm it pretty effectively. Glad to hear it still pays some dividends.

I was curious if it had been nerfed, the last few times I ran it outside of an event it was giving me utter crap. Even during the event, today I only got 1 plant out of it during my run to clear it on my alt account.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Of course now that I'm trying to get plants instead of fruits from the Thursday dungeon I'm 6/6 on fruits -_-

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821