Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Walked into Hera. Two devils. Welp.

I've put up my level 5 viper orochi for those that want to go the resolve route.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Well...here goes nothing. Will report back in many hours while I play and work, haha. Thanks for putting up your Odin, Lubony! Love that HP.

Update 1: Had to use a stone on Venus due to being heart-starved and stupid with matches. Now slugging it out with Minerva for god knows how long...I will definitely only be doing this once. Hera is going to be really tough with having to match hearts every round...I anticipate a few more stones on her because I'm not an expert matcher. But, man, this forces you to be better!

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Cool thanks guys, I'll run it with my golem instead.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Smooth I spent stones on Hera because I failed to very even a single 3 orb match of any kind, so don't feel bad

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    This game is cruel, yesterday I was going to farm the dark metal dragons only needed 6 king metal dragons to get my Hades to level 50 and have the material to evolve him. Than the rest of the metal dragons would of gone to my second Hades (plan on eventually have one dark/dark & one dark/light). I ran the metal dragon dungeon 7 times yesterday, first run I saw 2 king dragons and 2 dropped, second run 1 king dragon and 0 dropped. The next 4 runs I did not even see a king dragon, the last run I saw one king and no drop.

Today, I have done the Friday dungeon twice. Using my mono dark team with lilith and green odin friend in case I get hit. All I need is one emelit, have gotton a red, blue, dark, light.... Just need it to get my toytops to final form and I have the team cost to still use it for my semi-mono green team to farm green/water dungeons to level my semi-mono water team.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    This game is cruel, yesterday I was going to farm the dark metal dragons only needed 6 king metal dragons to get my Hades to level 50 and have the material to evolve him. Than the rest of the metal dragons would of gone to my second Hades (plan on eventually have one dark/dark & one dark/light). I ran the metal dragon dungeon 7 times yesterday, first run I saw 2 king dragons and 2 dropped, second run 1 king dragon and 0 dropped. The next 4 runs I did not even see a king dragon, the last run I saw one king and no drop.

Today, I have done the Friday dungeon twice. Using my mono dark team with lilith and green odin friend in case I get hit. All I need is one emelit, have gotton a red, blue, dark, light.... Just need it to get my toytops to final form and I have the team cost to still use it for my semi-mono green team to farm green/water dungeons to level my semi-mono water team.

I got my first king dragon ever yesterday, I went to feed it to my main lead and suddenly noticed I was about to gain 50K experience just for it! An excellent day :)

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As 38thDoe advised, Kick, you're better off going for just emelits on 1/2 stam dungeon of Wood days (tues/thurs). If you can't wait though, the sprites are your best bet. It's not cruelty; it's just RNG. The game doesn't know what you need! You'd be happy if you needed the other ones :)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hera Team:
    Amaterasu/Odin
    RK
    RK
    Awoken Hera
    Abyss Neptune

Results:
    3 runs so far, on my fourth. Takes a bit less than an hour each run.

Got 3 Heras, fused 5 no skill up.
    Got one mystic dark knight. No skill up.
    Now I need to do one more run after this to replace my two baby Heras for my zombie team but I think I'm done after that. Takes way too much time to fail on skillups.

Not sure I'm going to bother with Poring Tower.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Ugh...Ama/Odin with Hera sounds so nice. I'll be at this all day...hoping for some luck with hearts on Hera. Still on Minerva playing every few minutes. Maybe I'll get an Ama/Odin of my own someday and plow through, hehe.

Sucks about the skill-up fails, though.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You could also try the Valkyrie Healer team Smoogy. No experience with that since I lack Viper/Valk.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Possibly next time. I do have some Valk friends and can use my Orochi/Siren/Siren/Echidna/Lilith.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Ew, I wish there was a way to lock out using stones for stamina. I wasn't paying attention and hit the yes prompt when I was 1 stamina short for a dungeon and wasted a stone. On the upside, I'm at 3 for 4 on Dub Mythlits running expert Sprites today, so my Lucifer alt account is almost ready to just dominate everything. I should easily be able to pick up the fourth today, and then I can get back to powering through dungeons.

I'm increasingly tempted to just abandon my old account in favor of this new one, but I'd hate to lose all the variety I have on it.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    I am not far enough in the normal/technical dungeons to get them to drop. Before this week I only had red/dark monsters. Was trying to level up my new green/water monsters to make the technical dungeons easier for me.

I needed the other ones also, just don't have a use today for them. Where I have a use for the green one today lol. Probably try one more time to try and get the green one, than put the rest of my stamina into the red metal dragons to start leveling my dino rider and Freyr.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Are you talking about these guys?
    157.png
    Because they drop in the fourth normal dungeon. Departure tower, fire,water,wood. 3 stamina per run, 5 for 5 stages. On tue/thursday 2/3 stamina.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    HOORAY! I finally evolved my Mandrake to Alraune! I'm so proud of myself. 448 RCV at only level 1. This is glorious.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Is there a team here somewhere I could put together for the expert Friday dungeon? Is a resolve team of some sort my best chance here or what?
    IMG_2385.png
    IMG_2384.png

• Options
    Oh duh, he's talking about the dub-emelits. Sorry, Kick!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Id say for a resolve team for sprites since you already have green ogre and several green masks do ogre lead, 3x green mask, dragon fruit, alraune healer friend, if you dont have alraune healer friend any will work was just trying to get 6 hits for every 3 green matched.

Alternativly and probly in your best interest leave out the dragon fruit for the lilith, charge her first round or second at latest try and save her for last round as her poison insta kills everything. Leave 1 sprite up and store green orbs at the bottom in clumps like this xx.xx. Were x's are freen orbs and .'s are whatever. Make the green orbs 2x2 so you just drop a green orb and take 5 points off everyone.

Also tommorow when poring tower hits save any purple ghosts you get ( up to 3 ). 4 poison resolve teams charged on round one are easy mode mask, sprite farmers.

Lubony on
    No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Managed to find an Odin with +36 HP which let me swap in an Ancient light whisky dragon for a rainbow keeper.
    Clear time went from 50 minutes to 30! Wooo! Imagine how much better it would be if the freaking dragon would skill up.
    (I probably should stop trying to skill up things today after ten fails in a row, but my learning curve verges on a flat line.)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2013
    But then you could get super lucky like I did when I fed my Siren 5 marine goblins and got 3 skill-ups...and this wasn't even during the 2x skill-up event. Not a huge deal since they are so farmable, but was still nice. I think skill-up chances are a risky gamble, sure, but the reward is definitely worth it.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    If you need an Alraune friend I can offer mine, but it's only level 1...

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Yay, managed to get the 3 dub-mythlit i wanted/needed for my Luci team on 4 runs, now i can just farm some ranks till 50 stamina.

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, @smoogy let me know when you're done with hera to go mythdub hunting

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Oh duh, he's talking about the dub-emelits. Sorry, Kick!

Yes lol. I am still not all that firmilar with the names of monsters...

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Lubony wrote: »
    Id say for a resolve team for sprites since you already have green ogre and several green masks do ogre lead, 3x green mask, dragon fruit, alraune healer friend, if you dont have alraune healer friend any will work was just trying to get 6 hits for every 3 green matched.

Alternativly and probly in your best interest leave out the dragon fruit for the lilith, charge her first round or second at latest try and save her for last round as her poison insta kills everything. Leave 1 sprite up and store green orbs at the bottom in clumps like this xx.xx. Were x's are freen orbs and .'s are whatever. Make the green orbs 2x2 so you just drop a green orb and take 5 points off everyone.

Also tommorow when poring tower hits save any purple ghosts you get ( up to 3 ). 4 poison resolve teams charged on round one are easy mode mask, sprite farmers.
    OMG thank you so much the Lillith team worked great, just poisoned the boss and lucked out on not too many synched Dubs. I don't think I have anyone who uses Alraune but Amaterasu worked just fine. I was a little worried about my hps being too high though haha.

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Lubony wrote: »

OMG thank you so much the Lillith team worked great, just poisoned the boss and lucked out on not too many synched Dubs. I don't think I have anyone who uses Alraune but Amaterasu worked just fine. I was a little worried about my hps being too high though haha.

Siren & Archangel also work fine. If you haven't done it yet, go to the OP and add the PA people to your friends. People here usually have the helpers needed out!

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    I have an Alraune now. Just evolved it today, I still need to level it up a bit.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Awoken green odin lead
    Keeper of rainbow
    Keeper of rainbow
    Earth Ripper
    Light golem
    Amaterasu

0 stone hera team wooo.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Ancient Light dragon on Expert. This could go very poorly. Wish me luck I suppose.

• Options
    Made it through Ancient Light Dragon on Expert. Had to spend a stone, one of the floors had every enemy on the same timer. Eugh.

• Options
    This might be a dumb question but what exactly counts as a turn? Do I have to match something for it to count or can I just move one orb back and forth until I get a skill charged?

• Options
    You have to make a match to charge skills and trigger autoheal and kagutsuchi. Monsters will countdown if you move an orb even if you don't make a match.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    OP Update 5/24
    Pookiepoo (Pookie@PA): 324,146,259

SomethingAwful.com P&D thread

Hera Strat
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'll give you four:
    If you have Amaterasu or Green Odin you can 0 stone her easily by getting your hp over 16.5k and Amaterasu recovery over 495 (easiest is to use Rainbow Keepers and get a beefy Odin)

If you have Seraphim Lucifer you can go Lucifer/RK/RK/Echidna/Lilith/Lucifer. Use Lilith on neptune, both lucifer nukes on hades, heal up and grind Hera down

The rest of these will probably cost you some stones.

For the next few having a max skill Siren is very important because you'll need to heal to full or over 50% every round on Hera/Venus
    If you have a Viper Orochi or a Valkyrie you can go Valk/Siren/Enchida/Lilith/Siren.
    If you have any form of 50% dark resist you can go resist/Odin. You'll need 8.5k+ HP to survive Hades and poison/defense reduction to kill Neptune. This should also have 2 sirens to heal every round on Hera and Venus.

Finally there is resolve.

Basically resolve might have trouble with the first round, but past that you should be going into every following round with your skills fully charged. As long as you can combo decently you should be able to 0-5 stone with resolve as long as you don't have a bad first round. They key is to have something which can kill off all the devils asap since they hit every turn. Then kill off anything that is in sync or will sync. Charge up on the last monster. It helps to have non resisted damage light/dark demons and chimeras, low level ancient dragons can work if you have an amaterasu or orochi.

Odin/Resist can have an easier time with the first rounds since you'll have more hp, but you can get screwed easily at the end with Hera since she has so much HP and you need to heal to full every round for a long time otherwise you'll take 12k/round. You have to remember to carefully use your sirens and save your hearts and red orbs. Go into the damage calculator to see how many combos you'll need to heal off the damage and make sure you are comfy with that.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so. I now have Hera.

I also have 5 less stones, haha. I lost 6, 1 on Venus and 5 on Hera herself. Everything else is ridiculously easy, just time consuming.

I used the team of a Chaos Devil Dragon lead, 2 max-skilled sirens, a Lilith WOTN, a RK, and an Awoken Odin friend (thanks Lubony).

I think I could have done this 0 stones if I had done much better on my orb matching in certain places and also got a little luckier with the cascades/hearts/fire orbs. There is really no margin for error because if you have no hearts, no fires, sirens are down, and rainbow keeper is down...you are going to die, period. I really did a poor job matching and should have died 3 less times at least. One time I panicked and another time I thought I had made a match and apparently my eyes were seeing double. Oops.

Anyway, this strategy works and for better orb matchers it would work much better. This team itself is a good comp, just slow. Requires better skill than I have...Horus and Ra teams are not within my reach ;) Not doing that again till I get a Green Odin/Ama O/Neptune, haha.

PS...I also had to use a stone on the very last turn. Yup...I used my final stone that I had (whew) to continue, matched some orbs, and she was mine.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Forgot to switch to resolve setup for my last attempt at the Friday dungeon.

There goes 25 stam :(

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Woo, got my dub-emelit and now have a fortressotop or whatever it's called. Plus I nabbed another dub-mythlit so i didn't have to use my only one. Plus I was able to grab a bunch of red jewel dragons to evolve some penguins. Good day for drops

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Should I evolve my Toyceratops or should I hang on to this Dub-Mythlit? It seems like I have the expert sprites on farm now, so that's cool, but if they don't drop that often...

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    The fort has 50% damage reduction to two elements which is pretty awesome when you get into higher difficult stuff. I just did the evolve myself but I also got the dub myth on my last run. I guess the best question is whether you need it for something else sooner than later

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Huh wierd. Even with shiva's power, 5 low level greens didn't nuke 2 dublits. They should die in 1 hit with no defense, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Mmm, you sure you got a green match? It they should definitely die.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor