As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Puzzle & Dragons] Now featuring both puzzles and dragons!

• Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    So I pulled 6 times and got 4 gods. Unfortunately I already had Isis and didn't want Hatsume no Tsubone. Freyr is nice, and Highlander was the 4th, would have preferred something that isn't a drop though. Also a fenrir knight and a green golem (which I was looking at farming to do green conditional anyhow).

Should I just feed Isis to my other one, or is there any value in 2 quick heals?

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    huh, so this time

First pull = anubis +
    Second = Dark Golem

well, that's interesting. I'll wait again and try two more pulls.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    One pull, working towards enough stones for a second pull. Got a Loki. I'm pretty pleased with this, I can almost build a really good Dark team.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    If I'm remembering my history correctly, I'm now 0 for 18 on Godfest pulls. The only god on my roster is the Hermes I started with (which, funnily enough, I got on only my second try). At least this time I didn't spend any actual cash on this godforsaken* game.

* - see what I did there?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Ra, Loki, Sigfreid (tbc), Titan, Uriel.
    Meh on Ra, woot on Loki, Sig is good, as he's alrady level 30 and i have max skill siren, i can use for heartbreaking shenanigans, Uriel seems like he can be promising. I already have a titan, should i level this one separately, in hopes i get a Goemon at some point, although i don't have a horus.

Not a bad father's day gift.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a viper Orochi I can use?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Shaitan!
    Fenrir Knight! (got a skillup though!)

I think I'm not pulling any further...

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I have four stones. *foams at the mouth* and not enough stamina to get more DX

So, what monsters are good for powering up for experience? I have a bunch of monsters that need leveling.

On another note, I have 5 or more of every element type of monster (including a new Siren I got from Absolute Zero), except for light. I only have 3 decent light monsters. :(

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Element, are you saying what should you be feeding your monsters to level them faster? The best things are maxed (or even better, evolved) pengdras from the Tech dungeons if you have access to them. Barring that, you'd want to feed evolved carbuncles after leveling them a bit. Pengdras are definitely the best; you can farm them tomorrow when they are 1.5x drop in the low-tier tech dungeons.

I am really hoping I can field a team for Master Samurai Dragon. I know I can't take Legendary...but I would very much like one for my red team. My light and green options aren't all that great, though. Have run Phoenix 3 times but no luck...didn't really expect to get him and don't have 50 stamina to throw around all the time..

Speaking of...does anyone have Fire/Light Minerva they will be putting up next week? ;)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Still looking for someone to swap lvl 20 presents with.

hey dude, i'm Nino at 300,153,220

just sent you a friend invite

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I already know about the pengdras but I need to get more dragon plants and I need the appropriate gem dragon to evolve the pengdras. Yeah, I was trying carbuncles, but it looks like devils actually work pretty well too. I was able to give my Mystic Light Knight 18k experience after I ran the entire Forsaken Temple With No Name technical dungeon (for the stone, of course, I have 4 and I want to make another REM pull) by fusing the monsters I got.

Oh, and on that note, how long does this Godfest last? If it lasts through tomorrow I may be able to beat Polar Night Tower in time to get a 5th stone to do another pull.

EDIT: Nevermind, 17 more hours to do it is plenty of time to get that 5th stone.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    It will end tomorrow at 3pm EST. They always last 24 hours (in my experience). It's in the rare egg machine notes.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote: »

Sweet, just accepted and sent you a present.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular

Same! Hope you got something good!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I already know about the pengdras but I need to get more dragon plants and I need the appropriate gem dragon to evolve the pengdras. Yeah, I was trying carbuncles, but it looks like devils actually work pretty well too. I was able to give my Mystic Light Knight 18k experience after I ran the entire Forsaken Temple With No Name technical dungeon (for the stone, of course, I have 4 and I want to make another REM pull) by fusing the monsters I got.

This chart is return on investment for feeder monsters. You get more back by feeding those higher on the chart before feeding to your main monsters. Knights are much better than 3 and 4 star carbuncles! Evolved Chimeras, Hell* Demons, Pengdras, and Moltdras being the only things that are better.
    Moltdra                     1200/1.5 = 800
    Pengra                       600/1.0 = 600 
    Tier 3 Demons (4 star)       600/1.5 = 400
    Chimera+ (stage 2, 4 star)   775/2.0 = 387.5
    Knight (stage2, 3 star)      337.5/1.0 = 337.5
    Tier 3 Carbucle (4 star)     450/1.5 = 300
    Demon/Orge (stage 2, 3 star) 412.5/1.5 = 275
    Carbuncle (stage 2, 2 star)  262.5/1.0 = 262.5
    Devil (stage 1, 2 star)      350/1.5 = 233
    Chimera (3 star)             400/2.0 = 200
    Healer Girls                 200/1.0 = 200
    Tier 2 Starters              175/1.5 = 116
    Lil Dragons                  100/1.5 = 66

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited June 2013
    blar double post

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I pulled a Siegfried with my one pull (might be able to grind out another tomorrow... maybe.)

Not a god and not the best pull, but something I can use so hooray!

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    I got a Berserk and Ra, didn't have either so thats aight. I can field a decent blue team now if i ever get around to leveling/evolving fenrir knight, berserk and plessie... I am also 4/7 on +eggs in techs so thats pretty cool!

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

Same! Hope you got something good!

Plessie from yours, Tyrra from mine. Thanks again.

• Options
    Thanks 38th, helpful as always! I knew I'd seen that chart somewhere but I had forgotten where...

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Hm... my first pull was a Dark Dragon Knight and my gf got a Ra. Gonna wait until I get home after work to make our 2nd pulls.

工事中
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Woo! Finally got my Vampire max skilled, now I can never run Dungeon of Dark again (at least until I need another dark lit, but that shouldn't be often and in much smaller quantities)!

So I've completely ignored the technical dungeons until now, so I'm curious how far I can get tomorrow before the godfest is up. I'm sitting at a max of 56 stamina currently, which would let me clear 8 of the early dungeons, but I don't think the experience gain is high enough to let me keep running them continuously and spending stones for stamina would be counter-productive if I'm aiming to get additional rolls out of the godfest.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Squid56Squid56 Registered User regular
    Not real happy with my pulls (saved up 5) - I def. pulled during God Fest, but seemed to get leftovers from the Water celebration - Hermes (ok, happy here), Shardran , Shardra, Sear Serpent & Drall. Orb changers are ok, I'm lacking in that department, but I already had a maxed Shardran waiting for evo and I didn't get a skill up feeding it - so bleh.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Saphier wrote: »
    So I pulled 6 times and got 4 gods. Unfortunately I already had Isis and didn't want Hatsume no Tsubone. Freyr is nice, and Highlander was the 4th, would have preferred something that isn't a drop though. Also a fenrir knight and a green golem (which I was looking at farming to do green conditional anyhow).

Should I just feed Isis to my other one, or is there any value in 2 quick heals?

Hate. You.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chomp-ChompChomp-Chomp Shonen Princess Registered User regular
    Got a Horus and a Ceres, and some butty butt butt golems/dryads.

Also, a Fairlio, which is my first Toy Dragon, and freaking adorable. Is it any good, though?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Oh, I forgot to share, thanks to the 2x drop on the Icedragon dungeon, I managed to pick up the boss there, as well as Plesios. Which brings me up to having all 5 rippers and all 5 starter dragons.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Just started playing this yesterday (Cantide@PA), and it's already eaten quite a few hours of free time. Should reach rank 20 today or tomorrow. Who wants the special pull?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    My face when my second pull was Siren the Enchanter and I just today got a Siren from Absolute Zero.

Why does this keep happening to me? I get a new monster and I'm happy about it, then I pull, and I get a duplicate of said monster which I no longer need. Oh well, at least it's a good healer.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cantide wrote: »
    Just started playing this yesterday (Cantide@PA), and it's already eaten quite a few hours of free time. Should reach rank 20 today or tomorrow. Who wants the special pull?

You should consider restarting for a god before you get too far in. Especially since its an Egyptian godfest. The Norse gods are not bad starters either

Is there any pint n having two vampires for mono black? Or should I just feed for a chance at skill up

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

I'd like it but I can't give one in return. I just want to get the starter light or dark dragon. :/

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

You should consider restarting for a god before you get too far in. Especially since its an Egyptian godfest. The Norse gods are not bad starters either

Is there any pint n having two vampires for mono black? Or should I just feed for a chance at skill up

I know I'd be better off restarting, but... I just can't do it. I like my little Shaitan buddy, and besides, I don't really care about working towards having the best possible party that can take on any level. I'm just having fun making my way with what I've got.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

I know I'd be better off restarting, but... I just can't do it. I like my little Shaitan buddy, and besides, I don't really care about working towards having the best possible party that can take on any level. I'm just having fun making my way with what I've got.

You will have more fun later when you don't have to grind for as many monsters because you got a good free one to start with.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited June 2013

You will have more fun later when you don't have to grind for as many monsters because you got a good free one to start with.
    Seconded. I am so thankful my first REM pull was Horus, based on my most recent REM pulls I got obscenely lucky with that first one.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    OP Update 6/17

@Cantide - We can't add you without your friend code
    Lostwords (Nino): 300,153,220
    Toscabo (Aravan@PA): 343,252,239 (new account)

I'm a bit distracted by Animal Crossing, and so have not had time to update the OP. I'll try to get to that this week. In the meantime, if anyone has any content / links / charts / data / images / dick jokes they would like added to the OP, or the FAQW post, feel free to @ or PM me and I will add stuffs.

• Options

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Super thanks!

Also, your sig is great.

• Options
    Actually, @cantide if you don't want to reroll, i can see you the files for this extra alt I have that I really will never actually use. It has a Thor and Loki, along with a bunch of other random rng dross

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Going out for breakfast and remembered godfest. Why does tomorrow have to be my 60th day?

Rolled with some saved stones and got a Naga that I already have the stuff to evolve to Echidna when she gets high enough.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm at 4 stones and haven't gotten a daily spring stone yet. Did they turn them off, or are they just going to hold it till after the fest, I wonder.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I got mine this morning.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm