Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    LewieP's Mum is a saint.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Wait, really? D:

It's made for children (it says so in the name!) but it's banned in the US because people ate the toy + that yellow casing it came in?

I'm sure nobody in the history of ever has accidentally eaten a Kinder egg pod while eating the egg (some tragic reports of kids choking on the toys long after eating the egg, but that's just kids and small toys and an unfortunate coincidence). But the FDA says 'no non-food inside food' and they aint budging.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Good, then our secret is safe that we don't actually keep toys in there but instead our gold reserve.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    A rogue parcels arrives!

It's the worktop saver I ordered for the kitchen. I should've know. Le sigh.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    OH MAN! Sudden inspiration struck rather late last night! I'd already purchased all portions of the gift (except the candy stuffs), but now I'm going to delay slightly more in trying to pull this thing off.
    If I can D:
    Times like these I wish I could paint/draw better, because this has a chance to be poorly done.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Dear Santa, I'm probably going to spend 20 on myself during the Steam sale... hope that won't screw with you too much.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Holy shit, maybe not. From Wikipedia:

For smuggling kinder eggs in to the country:
    In June 2012 the potential fine per egg was quoted as US$2,500.[13]

I'm pretty sure I've sent them through to my santees before. Lucky escape!
    In the past I've brought entire cases of them home with me. Imagine if I got caught with a case?!
    Wait, really? D:

It's made for children (it says so in the name!) but it's banned in the US because people ate the toy + that yellow casing it came in?

I'm sure nobody in the history of ever has accidentally eaten a Kinder egg pod while eating the egg (some tragic reports of kids choking on the toys long after eating the egg, but that's just kids and small toys and an unfortunate coincidence). But the FDA says 'no non-food inside food' and they aint budging.

What about Kings Cake?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Holy shit, maybe not. From Wikipedia:

For smuggling kinder eggs in to the country:
    In June 2012 the potential fine per egg was quoted as US$2,500.[13]

I'm pretty sure I've sent them through to my santees before. Lucky escape!
    In the past I've brought entire cases of them home with me. Imagine if I got caught with a case?!
    Wait, really? D:

What about Kings Cake?

Most king cakes you buy now around mardi gras time have the baby outside of the cake, but in the box. So you have to put it in there yourself.

LOOPHOLES!

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    King cakes don't really get shipped do they?

Also, having been the recipient of kinder eggs, and being American, i can confirm their awesomeness, having never experienced that before.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Shopping for SS is hard, and it makes me find things I want for myself to point my family at. The only eventual loser here is my and my family's wallets!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »

Also, having been the recipient of kinder eggs, and being American, i can confirm their awesomeness, having never experienced that before.

Oh they totally do. Not sure about overseas or anything, but it's a huge thing down here to have them shipped to friends and family across the country.
    Some places will do a big gift thing where it's like a king cake and then a whole basket full of random goods from down here that aren't available elsewhere

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Dear Santa (and other Santas!),

The blu-ray boxed set of Indie Game: The Movie is on-sale today (and for a few days?) and I might splurge and get it for myself buuut, it would also make a great gift!

There are too many Holiday deals actually. Too many. I will probably get myself Tales of Xillia this Friday for sure as it'll only be $20. Also Steam Sales might get the best of me too.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    Santee, I was able to get most of your gifts this weekend. I have one more place I need to go but I'm waiting until after the weekend for that.

I should be shipping out your gifts next week. Christmas cheer will be upon you soon.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options

Oh they totally do. Not sure about overseas or anything, but it's a huge thing down here to have them shipped to friends and family across the country.
    Some places will do a big gift thing where it's like a king cake and then a whole basket full of random goods from down here that aren't available elsewhere

I have family in New Orleans and I never get king cakes in the mail :(

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I have family in New Orleans and I never get king cakes in the mail :(
    They're not really family then, are they?

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santee! My daughter heard about my Art project, and is both confused and excited. She got into the spirit and has drawn you a picture.
    A picture that is quite possibly better than the one I'm currently attempting to draw you.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have never heard of king cakes.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    so, proxy says things are inbound tomorrow or Friday. an since there are no deliveries that i know of on turkey day, i should expect a porch bomb on Friday? right Santa?

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I have never heard of king cakes.

There is lots of colored cinnamon involved... it reminds me of a giant cinnamon roll, but that doesn't do it justice. Mardi Gras colors abound and there is a little plastic baby inside. Whoever gets the baby in their slice will have good luck all year... or something.

• Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    Gift sent. I must admit it is little uncreative this year, but it has some really great value.

Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    What the hell?
    Why are there 8 new emails on my gmail mainbox? That's so weird.

Wait. Something is afoot.

Oh my god!

16U51Pd.jpg

Seems I have been gifted?!

WHOA,
    GiftGet4b.gif

Thanks, @Turkey, you're the best!!!!!

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Oh God the Steam sale

Everything on my wishlist is affected

I'm trying so hard to resist, Santa.....hurk

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Steam sales during Secret Santa time is always a curse. When did they start doing an Autumn sale?

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Steam sales during Secret Santa time is always a curse. When did they start doing an Autumn sale?

They usually have one.

I'm weak. I've already bought Startopia on steam and Bioshock Infinite on gamefly. It was on sale for 8 bucks! I couldn't resist.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

They usually have one.

I'm weak. I've already bought Startopia on steam and Bioshock Infinite on gamefly. It was on sale for 8 bucks! I couldn't resist.

Bioshock Infinite makes it forgivable in my books

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    @Stormwatcher I messed up the checkout process and had to send them individually instead of as a batch. Actually, I missed a few so keep an eye out in a bit.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    It was actually a lot cooler to get them all by themselves! And the message was pretty cool too. Thanks a lot, dude! :D

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    My santee is really shy, guys. What should I do? If in doubt, send foreign beer?

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    My santee is the biggest challenge I've ever faced, so I'm going to just take some pot shots and pray he doesn't own them. Don't you dare buy anything today! At least until you get this.

<3 - cj

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Yeah, sorry Santee. Not really getting you anything on your "list." but these are all great things your getting. hope you enjoy. coming tuesday.

• Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    I'm possibly difficult to buy for... if so, sorry... but I pretty much like everything. I have a baby daughter, so you can always send stuff for her! :)

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't remember exactly giving my santa a list so much as I made some sarcastic jokes in their general direction in my signup post.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    List, schmist. Errybody loves free things.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    There's a genuine risk he already owns this. I'm hoping he doesn't.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Thanks to Amazon and early black friday shopping, Santee, your final gift has been ordered.
    It will be shipped to my location for packing with other items of giftiness to be shipped to you as soon as possible (or maybe a little later).

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Santee, It's 3AM on black Friday, and I'm up staring at a website while mashing F5 repeatedly. For you.

Edit: For naught!

Frem on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Santee, It's 3AM on black Friday, and I'm up staring at a website while mashing F5 repeatedly. For you.

Edit: For naught!

Drat! Well I'm sure they appreciate the effort

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I kinda wanna know what it was.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hey Santa, I got your message via Proxy. I'll answer tonight, I just been swamped!
    Chen wrote: »
    My santee is really shy, guys. What should I do? If in doubt, send foreign beer?

If he enjoys beer that would be an awesome gift.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »

You need to send him courage.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch