Options

[Chat] atop a Skyscraper

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I had a bit of a traumatic incident in a McD's back in 2011. I've only eaten there once since, and that was out of necessity. It was awful.

Last time I ate at McD's was almost a year ago when I had a bacon and egg bagel when we went to my son's band and drill competition for cadets. Regretted it for the rest of the day. Ugh...stomach was not happy with me at all.

Myself and a friend once spent an entire night in a 24 hours McD's because we forgot to book accommodation for a trip.

O_O

K, this I need to hear the story on.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I've seen two really weird things in LoL that should not work, but did in at least one instance and baffled and/or enraged me.

Some rando on our team a few weeks ago said "fuck the meta." and did Jungle Goddamned Annie. It..should not have worked.

It did.

It was goddamned amazing.

Last night, loser and I were bot lane as Sivir and Leona up against Caitlyn and Goddamned Support Teemo

that shouldn't have worked.

Support teemo wrecked our shit.

Anyone can jungle. Seriously. Anyone.

Teemo is a great support because free wards and his blind will wreck your ADCs shit if coordinated properly.

The only problem is the usual Teemo probably of falling off late game. As support though you won't be able to split push effectively. God damn I love split push Teemo top. It is the rudest game to play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    That being said, you can run from a machete. You can't run from a bullet.

Eh. Most handguns used in crimes aren't particularly accurate.

Unless the shooter is arms-length away with the gun drawn and aimed at you (in which case you're pretty fucked either way) - they are probably going to miss or at least not hit something vital.

Much rather end up in the ER with a bullet in my ass than for getting stabbed a half dozen times or hacked at with a machete.

the accuracy of the gun matters at ranges of 100, 200 metres

people do suck at shooting though

I wouldn't bet on not hitting anything vital, though

very few parts of your body don't have anything vital in them (ass is one)

Your chances are probably better at surviving a bullet than a few knife stabs though. Even point blank.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Stupid question...

I dunno if my boss is letting our clients know that I'm leaving.

Should I let my favorite clients know directly?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I'll just buy secondhand riot gear for home defense

it would be worth it for the chance to maybe scare the shit out and confuse the hell out of a burglar who breaks in one night and then down the stairs comes what looks like a policeman in full gear

just ????

it occurred to me the other day airsoft guns would be good for home defence

you get shot in the face with one of those and it'll at best hurt like hell and at worse blind you if you take an unlucky hit to the eyeball

worst comes to worst they're fucking heavy and can be used as blunt objects

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Unless the shooter is arms-length away with the gun drawn and aimed at you (in which case you're pretty fucked either way) - they are probably going to miss or at least not hit something vital.

Much rather end up in the ER with a bullet in my ass than for getting stabbed a half dozen times or hacked at with a machete.

doesn't your ass have arteries in it?

no, they're in the groin - the actual groin, not your junk

so being shot from the side, one bullet four holes, that'd be okay

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i've already killed this thread by accidentally starting a gun control debate

so fuck it

in for a penny in for a pound!

*deep breath*

tipping is for losers - depends on the service
    religion is the light - hmm...still undecided
    uncut dicks are better than cut - Hellz yeah!
    dogs are better than cats - Hellz yeah x2!
    Republicans rule Democrats drool - Umm...no
    rapeculture - Not touching that with my ten foot pole

discuss

that's cheating

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Yup, as much as he is a colossal douche I cant blame him for laying waste to that prick

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Echo I hear you'd like to know how accurate Preachers thread title is

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    works for any kind of armor, really

maybe even better with plate armor

that would be worth keeping a set in the bedroom and practice putting it on quickly; to make some burglar go "you would not believe what happened when I was burgling last year"

Nah, paint yourself blue and sleep in the nude.

I guarantee that running down the stairs painted up with your dong flapping will scare any burglar more than the most bad-ass tactical gear.

Bonus points if you're carrying some form of melee weapon.

• Options

A shit .22 / .32 revolver? You aren't hitting a house at 100 meters with that thing in the best circumstances.

that doesn't matter though, because who shoots at 100 metres

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

wtf

that shouldn't be considered assault

that should be considered education

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I had another miserable evening in LoL but I did learn one thing: The only way to prevent Ludious raging about Teemo is to pick Teemo.
    I pretty much wanted you to die of an aneurism when you told us Teemo wasn't the problem in our lane. I am pretty sure this is why I don't have psychic powers.

If we ever see a top that teemo is the perfect counter for, YOU SHOULD LET ME TEEMO. Smacking Shen around was so much fun. Im still sad that we got bounced from the Singed game. I would have made singed my prison girlfriend.

• Options
    when I watched the wire I just thought I could do these hits so much better, because I know the basic fact of a gunfight:

whoever throws the most bullets in the general direction of the enemy wins. Firepower is everything.

So, fuck glock nines, get me a machinegun.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Stupid question...

Just direct them to your replacement, and I would say it's in good taste to do so.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Stupid question...

when people who've handled our account have left in the past, i've always gotten a nicely written form email from them letting me know they're moving on to greener pastures or whatever

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

Your chances are probably better at surviving a bullet than a few knife stabs though. Even point blank.

depends greatly on the bullet and the knife.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    i've already killed this thread by accidentally starting a gun control debate

so fuck it

in for a penny in for a pound!

*deep breath*

tipping is for losers - depends on the service
    religion is the light - hmm...still undecided
    uncut dicks are better than cut - Hellz yeah!
    dogs are better than cats - Hellz yeah x2!
    Republicans rule Democrats drool - Umm...no
    rapeculture - Not touching that with my ten foot pole

discuss

that's cheating

Nuh uhh!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    when I watched the wire I just thought I could do these hits so much better, because I know the basic fact of a gunfight:

whoever throws the most bullets in the general direction of the enemy wins. Firepower is everything.

Fun fact. For most urban drug dealer types machine guns and things are difficult to acquire. Or at the very least not worth the investment because of jail time and a possible need to throw it away forever.

Yay assault weapons ban. Sorta.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I am depressed at how long it took me to write that letter to my former coworker in Japan letting them know when I'd back in the country

I really need to get my revision/lesson schedule back in order

and probably start going to those conversation nights again

• Options
    knife stabs are usually shallow

a bullet goes straight through you, as a best case scenario

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Since the discussion is about crime / being murdered, it's fair to say a .22, a .32, or a 9mm.

I'd almost certainly bet on getting to the ER with a hole from that in me than a couple stabs of anything longer than a hobby knife.

• Options

Fun fact. For most urban drug dealer types machine guns and things are difficult to acquire. Or at the very least not worth the investment because of jail time and a possible need to throw it away forever.

well, for everyone, even in america machineguns are a rarity

a pistol seems good for like, walking up, shooting one dude

hm

car bombs, is what I'd do

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

wtf

If I were Judge King of The World, Kanye would get a two week minimum security prison "time out" and the nameless douchnozzle would be prevented from bringing a civil suit.

• Options
    works for any kind of armor, really

maybe even better with plate armor

that would be worth keeping a set in the bedroom and practice putting it on quickly; to make some burglar go "you would not believe what happened when I was burgling last year"

Nah, paint yourself blue and sleep in the nude.

I guarantee that running down the stairs painted up with your dong flapping will scare any burglar more than the most bad-ass tactical gear.

Bonus points if you're carrying some form of melee weapon.

I do, usually

well not blue

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    sup spool

i tried to grill a salmon last night

it did not work

also i laughed at myself

Trick to grilling a salmon is making sure the meat is REALLY well oiled, and doing the skin side first.

• Options

Since the discussion is about crime / being murdered, it's fair to say a .22, a .32, or a 9mm.

I'd almost certainly bet on getting to the ER with a hole from that in me than a couple stabs of anything longer than a hobby knife.

i think the key here is bowen said multiple knife wounds and only one bullet wound

multiple knife wounds is generally bad times

a single knife wound is generally not a big deal unless it hits something vital

• Options
    edited January 2014
    knife stabs are usually shallow

a bullet goes straight through you, as a best case scenario

dont bullets fragment?

and the ones that don't stay inside cause exit wounts far larger than the entry wounds

Casual on
  • Options
    if I keep fencing and buy my own gear then the scenario could be that a man comes running down the stairs, wearing a fencing mask and nothing else holding an épee

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Well guns are rather nice I'll admit. Fun to use and pleasing to the eye.
    tumblr_my2ynx81lr1qetnlco1_500.jpg

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

wtf

If I were Judge King of The World, Kanye would get a two week minimum security prison "time out" and the nameless douchnozzle would be prevented from bringing a civil suit.

I'd add a mandate that the douchenozzle is only allowed to have children with minorities.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

wtf

I'd seriously just be like

Kanye, you can't punch people, it's not the right thing to do. *wink*

And then punch the kid again.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I had another miserable evening in LoL but I did learn one thing: The only way to prevent Ludious raging about Teemo is to pick Teemo.
    I pretty much wanted you to die of an aneurism when you told us Teemo wasn't the problem in our lane. I am pretty sure this is why I don't have psychic powers.

hahah yes. That was a rage-inducing game.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Watching American Ninja Warrior last night watching them do the salmon ladder, couldnt help but think "none of these guys have anything on Ollie"

Arrow is ruining me

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    sup spool

it did not work

also i laughed at myself

Trick to grilling a salmon is making sure the meat is REALLY well oiled

It is amazing how many things this is the trick for.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

also do you have puppy pics?

Just some differences we've had for awhile and we finally decided it was best to call it.

This is the most recent pic of the pup at 8 weeks:

SARAPUPPIES025_zps27f05a6c.jpg

I'll take some pics with me and her snuggling later today once I have her!

"Irond Will"

cute! is she an akita? is she being imported from a chinese slum?

sorry to hear about the breakup. those are painful and i wish you the best.

Hahaha, yea she's an Akita.

And that's actually Canada in the background there!

Is your dog from Quebec?

Ottawa I believe.

• Options

well, for everyone, even in america machineguns are a rarity

a pistol seems good for like, walking up, shooting one dude

hm

car bombs, is what I'd do

Hmm. Good luck gathering the ingredients without quickly incriminating yourself.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Wife was watching an NCIS:LA reruns yesterday. They had a bunch of gang bangers who were showing off all the AK-47's a weapon smuggling ring got them (the entire point of the episode was to break the ring).

Seriously. This is the US. You can buy an AK variant at just about any gun store, and it's not rocket science to modify them. Definitely easier than smuggling a crate of them into the US.

The reason criminals rarely use those types of rifles in crimes has very little to do with availability, and more to do with the amount of heat using automatic weapons brings vs. the benefit of automatics.

• Options
    sup spool

it did not work

also i laughed at myself

Trick to grilling a salmon is making sure the meat is REALLY well oiled, and doing the skin side first.

also the cleaner the grill, the better

like... no big chunks of previously grilled stuff

This discussion has been closed.