Options

This S T E A M thread is old.

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    @Scratchy has devised an evil scheme to get me to stop playing pinball, by gifting me Tales of the Maj'Eyal.

He must have known I like to try and farm achievements.

Major thanks for this awesome and unexpected gift. I'll see you all again at the next bicentennial.

• Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    My PC has been shutting down abruptly and randomly..usually when running something like Minecraft. Tonight it did it while I tried to play marvel heroes. Does that sound like overheating? Is there some way to log why is it turning off and see the cause?

Could very well be overheating. Check if the fan on your video card's still working?

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Part of the problem of wanting to make mods for don't starve is having to install don't starve which makes you want to play don't starve and then you are mashing alt+F4 to quit don't starve so you don't loose your progress in don't starve. In one hour, I may have lost my progress in adventure mode and lost my remaining soul stone in sandbox mode.....I LOVE THIS FUCKING GAME!

SERAS! DON'T DIE ON ME! YOUR MASTER HAS WORK FOR YOU!

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Someone tell me Neo Scavenger isn't worth it.

I know I shouldn't. It's Early Access, I should wait for a sale, I have enough zombie survival sim games. I haven't even gotten back to State of Decay and I actually like that game. But goddamnit I don't care. It's in my cart, I'm hovering over the 'buy' button, all I need to do is click and god help me I'll fucking do it.

TELL ME IT'S NOT WORTH IT

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »

I know I shouldn't. It's Early Access, I should wait for a sale, I have enough zombie survival sim games. I haven't even gotten back to State of Decay and I actually like that game. But goddamnit I don't care. It's in my cart, I'm hovering over the 'buy' button, all I need to do is click and god help me I'll fucking do it.

Man. You are screwed.

It's pretty damn great.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Brutal J wrote: »
    I was bitten by a radioactive @Rikdaly giving me the strength, reflexes, and senses of a pinball master allowing me to beat @Viking's top score on the Spiderman pinball table by 19 million.

That gives me 3 high scores now. Hopefully, I won't get any sort of comeuppance in the form of one of my beloved scores to getting tragically gunned down.

Even if I forget that with great pinball power comes great pinball responsibility, I'm sure I can always count on at least one high score to continue to cling to life well beyond responsible life expectancy.

In the unlikely event I lose them all, then it's deal with the devil time.

Good work @Brutal J I've been trying to beat that score for a while now but silly mistakes always leave me adound the 80M mark. I'm moving house this weekend so probably won't have time for pinball but I'll accept the challenge for next week

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drake wrote: »

Man. You are screwed.

It's pretty damn great.

Quoth the raven, "Ten bucks more."

*click*

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    What's the word on Company of Heroes 2. Those user reviews on Metacritic are scathing.

Do you like Company of Heroes 1 and want more of it?

If yes then CoH 2 will probably scratch that itch for you.

If no then it's literally CoH1: Eastern Front style and you'll probably hate it.

I personally like the co-op missions and how they all end with me and my co-op partner desperately holding onto whatever tiny bit of land the AI hasn't swarmed yet.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    I was looking at this list of GFWL games showing which ones have been converted to Steamworks, which ones won't, and which ones are still up in the air. I noticed Dark Void on there, which is a game I bought some time ago and never even tried. I went ahead and downloaded and was pleased to see that the Steam version didn't actually have GFWL in it.

Game didn't seem too bad so far, although I guess you eventually get a jetpack. And it has Nolan North as the main character doing the generic Nolan North voice. Apparently Nikola Tesla is in there too somewhere.

I really want to see Iron Brigade green. Glad to see Toy Soliders went green too. Bought that awhile ago, but never tried it when I heard it was GFWL.

So do I get a key for my Batman Arkham City or something? How does that convert to steamworks?

Do you have a GFWL key? You should just be able to enter it into Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/[g:1:4045763]/announcements/detail/1909817119598626547

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I was looking at this list of GFWL games showing which ones have been converted to Steamworks, which ones won't, and which ones are still up in the air. I noticed Dark Void on there, which is a game I bought some time ago and never even tried. I went ahead and downloaded and was pleased to see that the Steam version didn't actually have GFWL in it.

Game didn't seem too bad so far, although I guess you eventually get a jetpack. And it has Nolan North as the main character doing the generic Nolan North voice. Apparently Nikola Tesla is in there too somewhere.
    Have my fingers crossed for Dawn of War 2, but I'm not optimistic.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Just woke up, and i had forgotten about this:

signature.png

7 hours to go

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    My goodness. Steam Bandits scratches so many of my gaming itches.

Steampunk-fantasy setting
    Town building and management
    Town and building decoration (can even paint the buildings whatever colors you want)
    Character customization
    Character advancement (level-ups, stats)
    Pretty princess dress up (with gobs of dye options for every piece of clothing!)
    Adorable art
    Tame-able Pets
    Party recruitment and management
    Adventure! Quests!
    Did I mention adorable art?

I can see myself losing some ridiculous number of hours to this one.

I was about to buy this when I saw there were multiple versions that came with something called icocoins, which made me suddenly VERY wary. Is this like some kind of farmville pay to win kind of thing?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »

Retribution already moved the game off GFWL so I wouldn't really expect them to go back and do that for the earlier ones.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »

Retribution already moved the game off GFWL so I wouldn't really expect them to go back and do that for the earlier ones.

But damn, it sure would be nice if they did.

*sigh*

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    @Dissociater

Town and building decoration (can even paint the buildings whatever colors you want)
    Character customization
    Pretty princess dress up (with gobs of dye options for every piece of clothing!)
    Adorable art
    Tame-able Pets
    Adventure! Quests!

I was about to buy this when I saw there were multiple versions that came with something called icocoins, which made me suddenly VERY wary. Is this like some kind of farmville pay to win kind of thing?

No. They're currency for the cash shop, but the cash shop is 100% optional stuff.

From their FAQ:
    Does your cash-shop offer any “pay-to-win” options?
    No. Everything offered in the cash shop is either cosmetic or temporary. You don’t have to spend anything to have a fulfilling game experience, and it’s going to stay that way.

And right now, while it's in alpha and beta, the coins you spend in the cash shop are refunded to you every week when they wipe the characters (and on that note: if weekly wipes during alpha bother you, wait for full release!).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    @Dissociater

Character customization
    Adorable art
    Tame-able Pets
    Adventure! Quests!

No. They're currency for the cash shop, but the cash shop is 100% optional stuff.

From their FAQ:
    No. Everything offered in the cash shop is either cosmetic or temporary. You don’t have to spend anything to have a fulfilling game experience, and it’s going to stay that way.

And right now, while it's in alpha and beta, the coins you spend in the cash shop are refunded to you every week when they wipe the characters (and on that note: if weekly wipes during alpha bother you, wait for full release!).

Well then I'd love to hear a bit more feedback!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Glad my Arkham City code worked ok. I had bought it from Get Games Go almost a year ago and I was impressed to see them completely change the download instructions on how to download it on steam. Props to them.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Retribution not having GFWL is news to me.

Back on the Wishlist it goes.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    The whole MS list excites me even though it says no plans.

Halo 2 steamworks would be freaking amazing. I also wouldn't mind playing viva pinata again. That game was fun and I didn't even know it was on PC.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    @Dissociater

Character customization
    Adorable art
    Tame-able Pets
    Adventure! Quests!

From their FAQ:

Darn it! I'd taken a quick look at the Steam page for the game, saw how there were different versions with different coin amounts, and had written it off as something I wasn't interested in. Now, because of this information and your list of what you liked about the game, I'm going to have to reevaluate.
    I'm trying to want fewer new games, and this is not helping!

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    The whole MS list excites mev even though it says no plans.

Halo 2 steamworks would be freaking amazing. I also wouldn't mind playing viva pinata again. That game was fun and I didn't even know it was on PC.

Oh god, Halo 2 would make my year. I'd play nothing else for months.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Berylline wrote: »

After all the previous talk about wish lists, I just pruned mine down to 44. So I could potentially add 6 more. This is good, as I'm sure this thread will give me 6 things I want, but don't need in the near future. Going to be out and about with family for first weekend I have been up during my transition to day shift, I have my son, so is going to be good.

But I keep hearing this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM

That game is going to eat me alive till I beat it.

Edit:
    Anyone know how steam sigs does there thing? Like could I program my own?

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »

Happy to be of service. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    My PC has been shutting down abruptly and randomly..usually when running something like Minecraft. Tonight it did it while I tried to play marvel heroes. Does that sound like overheating? Is there some way to log why is it turning off and see the cause?

Shutdowns while your machine is under load (while gaming) are almost always related to heat. Something in your system is likely hitting it's thermal limit (the hottest it can run without causing hardware damage) and is being automatically shutdown as a result.

If you're not comfortable opening your case to watch your fans directly, you could always grab a program like Speccy, which might not be the most fully featured thermal monitoring program, but it's super easy to read.

You'll end up with something that looks roughly like this:
    yhcshhh.png

Only your temps should be somewhat lower than mine since this model Thinkpad is an ultraportable and runs warm as a result (and it's actually an ULV L2400, not a T2300, but a lot of specs programs confuse these two). PC temperatures are measured in degrees Celsius so you can talk to people without having to convert them and also because we're nerds.

Fire up a demanding game and play for a while, then alt-tab and check the temps. You should be able to see what is heating up from there. If you want, screenshot it and post it and we can take a look. From there you can move on to checking if it's a serious hardware problem, or something as simple as a loose fan cable/bracket, thermal paste wearing out, or just a dead casefan.

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Also you guys I forgot how good F.E.A.R. was.

If you haven't played it, why haven't you played it? For reals.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Okay, my birthday is on Monday. I am turning 33. This feels like a good time to do things like lament my ever-failing body, ponder the meaning of my own mortality, and give away a bunch of stuff. All are open to the Adventure Team group until Monday night.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Weekend reminder! I'll post one more reminder on Monday, and then these will close Monday night. Also, more Steam Keys!

Loading...?

Here are the games that go with the codes above, listed in order, so don't grab it if you already have it in your library.
    1. FTL: Faster Than Light
    2. Hotline Miami
    3. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
    4. Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
    5. Mirror's Edge

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    So many games to play....

So little time...

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm didn't enter any of those but it's nice to see steamgifts load instead of bogging down a forum page for me

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    PC temperatures are measured in degrees Celsius so you can talk to people without having to convert them and also because we're nerds.
    And this is kind of important, always talk about your temperatures in Celsius, and don't bother with conversion to Fahrenheit. Anything below 50C is good, 50C-70C is decent, 70C-80C is warmish, 80C-90C is getting hot, 90C-100C is hot, and if it's above 100C, turn the thing off PDQ.

There are of course exceptions to that, and laptops are more sensitive to temperatures than desktops, but generally, that's a good measuring stick.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Also you guys I forgot how good F.E.A.R. was.

If you haven't played it, why haven't you played it? For reals.

Played it a long time ago and got it on steam recently in a fear pack. I should play it again.

Damnit look what you've done.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Magicka: Wizard Wars early access key:

Loading...?

oakke on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Managed to get The Swapper knocked off the backlog.

What a great game it turned out to be too. Great sense of atmosphere and use of lighting in the game with a balanced ambient soundtrack.
    For such a small team they created a highly polished 2.5D puzzle platformer.

I'd like to go back and do the 10 achievements soon that are hidden in the game which reveal more messages about the people who were onboard.
    Thanks again @SniperGuy

DaxterMax on
    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Like most fixed-wing pilots, I often regard helicopters as unnatural abominations that don't so much fly as they are repelled by the ground due to sheer ugliness.

And like most fixed-wing pilots, I'd also happily trade a kidney for flight training in one. Lacking that second option (probably for the better) @striderjg gave me the next best thing: Take On Helicopters.

Thank you, and I look forward to crashing repeatedly while I get the feel of these unholy eggbeaters.

• Options
    oakke wrote: »
    Magicka: Wizard Wars early access key:

Loading...?

Kinda worth noting with this guys:

Wizard Wars is early as fuck. If you aren't a fan of Magicka already you probably wont get much out of getting early access right now (also go buy Magicka instead).

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, guys, I now have internet again and am at last able to relax, since I'm already in my new dorm with stuff solved!

Time to check steam for the first time in a few weeks...

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

I find it funny you ask this after I've posted and gone to bed.

Magnifying glasses mean that tile can be searched.

Look at my last few steam thread posts to understand this game.

Murder is wrong

Edge and flesh

Craft the lake, craft the forest

Plastic bag backpack

I came into this world in a hospital gown, I stole the clothes off a theif and used that gown to make a rope to splint my broken arm.

Smash a single melon but flee the melon bush.

soda? whiskey? All I see is water.

A nice cup of tea keeps the chill away

The box bone is connected to the sled bone, the sled bone it's connected to the rope bone, and the rope bone is connected to me.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    its like @RoyceSraphim is talking in tongues.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    ...cartoon graphics. FFT style combat. Saga-style campaign. Fucking vikings.

Did these Banner Saga guys have a goddamn checklist of things I have a weakness to? Dammit, Newell, I already spent over a hundred bucks today getting pots and pans and cooking materials for my new residence!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    its like @RoyceSraphim is talking in tongues.

And yet... I understand.

I killed a man last night. I tried to scare him off with an empty pistol, but he was undeterred. He had a rifle, but he was charging anyway. His was empty, too.

We fought; a desperate, scrambling thing. I was no amateur at melee, but this was no boxing match. We grappled like rabid cavemen, kicking, tackling, clawing. I got him on the ground and struggled to get up first so I could cave his skull in. The stubborn bastard fought through internal bleeding and a severe concussion, but in the end I was victorious, albeit barely.

He had a boot. A single, right boot. I had a left boot, and my right foot was bare.

I died later that night, hypothermia finally claiming me. In my weakened state I didn't have a chance.

But I died with a pair of boots, and that's more than many will ever say.

Stolls on
  • Options
    This is the only thing I'm outright gonna say because the rest of the game is fun by sheer exploration. The cyro facility you wake up in has a back room that you can explore and use as a really good base. Two of the skills you take at the beginning can make this camp better, but they are skills that pay out over the long term and make those first few hours difficult to surmount.

To access this place, you have to start a game, leave the facility, and then return to the facility. Its icon will be a hallway with an arrow at the bottom, pointing at the interior.

also: How the different skills resolve the first encounter
    Melee: Fight and kill it and get its corpse. You're injured but you have a supply of meat that you can cook before it spoils.
    Botony: scare it off with poison
    Hide: Duh
    mechanical: Dump another popsicle

This discussion has been closed.