As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    geth roll 1d6 to see if i fail or not

to see if i fail or not:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    MrTLicious on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    While I wait for @Infidel to finish up our VTM stat game, I'll be testing a mechanic for a future Vampire game in a mini coming soon.

The theme is the Monday Night Wars during the Late 90s.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    So guys, what's the deal with PhallAX East?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Who is going other than us?

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    So I wanted to highlight the amount of work MrBlarney does for us here. He not only runs some of the phalla games here, but also helps with the Bandwagon account to keep links active and the OP updated I believe. In a sense, he keeps the wheels on the bus of phalla!

I also had the chance to catch up with him this past weekend and while I was told posting pictures of him was not ideal, I have a picture from the dessert bar we went to instead.
    20140315_205943_zps9af5d716.jpg

Thanks for all that you do, @MrBlarney!

• Options
    Blarney is the greatest. Full stop, end of sentence.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    and >I< get to hang out with him at Pax this year. so there. nyeah

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Geez guys, thanks. You make me feel embarrassed. I'm just one part of the community, I don't deserve such support. Everyone who plays, everyone who hosts, there would be nothing without you all. I can only be considered great thanks to everyone else who is a part of the Phalla community, and I can only do my best to help everyone else be equally great in return.

Now I feel even more obligated to get my stuff in gear to try and run my next game by the end of May...

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

ahava is a kiwi yes? PAX = PAXAUS?
    I am going to this place too maybe?

• Options
    I've noticed there's a few folks that have ideas and/or games ready in the future. Since it's been a year since I ran one, I think during the next lull, I'll run another Phalla Royale mini game. I think I hate myself.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    That's okay, we hate ourselves enough to play it. <3

• Options
    We're all in this together!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

PAX= PaxPrime 2014 baby!

• Options
    I should run a phalla.
    If only to subject people to horrible mechanics and the Australian Time Zone.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I should run a phalla.

Given how unhappy people were with my trying to close the vote relatively early in the evenings EST, I wish you luck.

• Options

PAX= PaxPrime 2014 baby!

I might even make it this year! Will you and Ecco be there?

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »

PAX= PaxPrime 2014 baby!

Yeah. :) This should be quite a good one! Hope to see you out there, I couldn't swing the visit with you and Blarn and I missed the desserts. :(

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

PAX= PaxPrime 2014 baby!

Yeah. :) This should be quite a good one! Hope to see you out there, I couldn't swing the visit with you and Blarn and I missed the desserts. :(

No worries. We won't be moving on Labor Day weekend this year, so I should be able to make it!

• Options
    I'm ready whenever there's a break in games for a Phalla Royale (Based upon Battle Royale). It'll be a mini game unless there ends up being a lot of folks interested. I've toned down some of the rules and options to make the game a little less complex, but most of the content from previous games remains in play.
    phallaroyalepicture.gif

I credit MrBlarney for creating this many years ago.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Magicka Phalla has ended in a mafia and Gizzy victory.

• Options
    I'm -> <- This close to running a mini with no assurances of quality or balance.
    Is there some sort of formality here with queues or whatnot? Or do I just open thread.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    For minis you PM the main host if someone's running or about to run a main, or Bandwagon otherwise.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

I've never heard of anything happening at East the last few years. I'll be going; not sure who else will be this year.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

I've never heard of anything happening at East the last few years. I'll be going; not sure who else will be this year.

Looks like we should make something happen then. Is anyone else going to be going? I know we have 5-6 so far, but the more the merrier.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I should run a phalla.

Given how unhappy people were with my trying to close the vote relatively early in the evenings EST, I wish you luck.

Considering 12 am CST/1 am Est is like 4 pm in Aussie land. It shouldn't be that bad.

• Options
    //////
    Broadcasting Experiment Registration on all local frequencies.
    //////

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular

Looks like we should make something happen then. Is anyone else going to be going? I know we have 5-6 so far, but the more the merrier.

I should be going. Should we take this to PMs?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm worried that we would lose people because it's not visible, I'm okay with moving to PMs for planning, but perhaps we should ask a mod about allowing us a thread to try to coordinate it. !RawkkingGoodguy

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

I will be there!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Not that I know for sure, but discrider's game appears to be winding down. Anyone ready-ready to run another?

• Options
    Collaborative Experiment #1 ended in a 50% village victory, with Orange team soundly killing most of Blue team. Rattman also survived until the end and won.
    This is why we build robots.

• Options
    BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    No games currently in the ready queue. Let me know if you wish to change that state.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, and since I'm running out of tuning to do on Denizen stuff, do we have any other Etrian Odyssey fans in the phalla community?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, and since I'm running out of tuning to do on Denizen stuff, do we have any other Etrian Odyssey fans in the phalla community?
    I consider myself a fan of the series. I remember helping cj iwakura plan out a forum game version of Etrian Odyssey years ago (and it didn't go terribly well - we were very new to that kind of game design), I'd be happy to help out in a new game (though I should probably set aside time for my own projects as well, heh).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I consider myself a fan of the series. I remember helping cj iwakura plan out a forum game version of Etrian Odyssey years ago (and it didn't go terribly well - we were very new to that kind of game design), I'd be happy to help out in a new game (though I should probably set aside time for my own projects as well, heh).

I think the opening days went very well, as well as can be expected anyway. It was keeping it going long-term that was the trick. A much, much smaller game(with say, 10 people) could be viable.

It was more a forum game than a Phalla, though, and I think that's the best format for it. I'd be down for collaborating on another attempt.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I think that Etrian Odyssey game had potential..... if I knew anything at all about etrian odyssey.

• Options
    If nobody else plans to run something this week, I can get a game started soon. I was travelling last week so wasn't able to run or play anything.