Options

[Wildstar] "We Have the Best Shit" Open Beta now Live!

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Got my key and downloading now.

Been wanting to buy this game but the only thing stopping me from solidifying a purchase decision is getting some hands on time with it, this should remedy that.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    So if I got a key for the last beta weekend, it's not good for this one?

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, I got a key from one of those giveaways but I'm getting this error message: "The supplied serial code is valid, but it can not be used to create a new account and it can not be applied to any accounts you already have." Maybe my previous weekend beta activation is carrying over? Or maybe the key got used or something? Confused!

EDIT: Not sure why it didn't occur to me, but obviously that first link that I had to let Google translate for me was giving out a code for a region other than the US. Finding a US region link from that forum post worked.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    So if I got a key for the last beta weekend, it's not good for this one?

Typically no. If it was in a beta key giveaway, it only works for that weekend. The only people with access to all beta weekends are those that preordered.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Got a key for this weekend. Won't have a ton of time to play (Exams and all that) but I should be able to get a few hours in and see if I like it.

If I do its off to the preorder store!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Alright who wants a code for this weekend's beta? I would like to give it to someone who will actually give it a shot or if they're on the fence about the game.

• Options
    Shoot me a PM if you want it or if you know a friend who wants one and I'll send it your way. First come first serve.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Stupid easter weekend coinciding with wildstar weekend :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Can't wait to pee vee peeeeeeeeee

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm considering rerolling over with you guys on the PvE server for the beta weekend (To recruit more of you to pvp mwahaha) just to have more people to chat with and such. New UI and stuff too right?

• Options
    Get to level 6 by 9 friday night and join the low level pvp with us.

VOIP and all.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Aegis wrote: »
    Stupid easter weekend coinciding with wildstar weekend :(
    Wildstar is your god now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also, I shit you not, the soap and shampoo at our hotel in Boston this weekend was the brand "Chuan."

Carbine's marketing tendrils burrow deep.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Wow I jumped into GW2 because of the big patch, and erm, its nearly impossible to play now.

I keep trying to sprint and I dash for movement instead of invincibility. And for anyone who says telegraphs in PVP is a clusterfuck, well, its even worse in GW

And I like GW2. But I always thought it would have better pvp. It doesn't seem like it anymore, PVP in WS is easier to understand.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Hmm, I got a key from one of those giveaways but I'm getting this error message: "The supplied serial code is valid, but it can not be used to create a new account and it can not be applied to any accounts you already have." Maybe my previous weekend beta activation is carrying over? Or maybe the key got used or something? Confused!

EDIT: Not sure why it didn't occur to me, but obviously that first link that I had to let Google translate for me was giving out a code for a region other than the US. Finding a US region link from that forum post worked.

Where did you have to go to find the US region link?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    GW2's dodging it seemed had the invinc frames to compensate for a combination of latency and the fuzziness of the outer edges of big hostile attacks.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options

Where did you have to go to find the US region link?

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32771-weekend-beta-keys-18th-of-april-2014/

• Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    GW2's dodging it seemed had the invinc frames to compensate for a combination of latency and the fuzziness of the outer edges of big hostile attacks.

Eh, it was a good decision for the game for reasons, but the point I was making is I am so used to dodge in WS serving a much different purpose. Mainly, movement in GW2 is stiff because for the most part dodge isn't getting you anywhere.

I think its just the realistic momentum (that people were complaining was floaty) makes WS movement feel so much better.

Oh and also I feel like I couldn't jump over an ant in GW2. WS lets you jump so high.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Eh, it was a good decision for the game for reasons, but the point I was making is I am so used to dodge in WS serving a much different purpose. Mainly, movement in GW2 is stiff because for the most part dodge isn't getting you anywhere.

I think its just the realistic momentum (that people were complaining was floaty) makes WS movement feel so much better.

Oh and also I feel like I couldn't jump over an ant in GW2. WS lets you jump so high.

The trick for good jump feels in GW2 is to play an Asura!

• Options
    Ah, I thought Kid Presentable was talking about a link on the pu.nl site.

• Options
    But what if you play a chua in WS?

Then there is no going back!

• Options
    There's a terrifying thought: An Asura and a Chua working together in a lab.

• Options
    ....the damage here is catastrophic and there were reportedly no survivors. By analyst estimates, ground zero and the surrounding 10km radius will be uninhabitable for decades, if not centuries. We now return to Verus Maldona with sports -[CNN] Cassus News Network

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So just a heads up, if you are in NA and plan to play in NA realms come launch, dont use the keys from that Dutch site. I just had it confirmed that they're enforcing the region lock on the Beta keys now as well. Grab one from one of the NA partner sites instead.

EU keys will work on EU accounts even though they don't have the EU servers up yet. Silliness!

Also if you are playing from EU/AUS/etc you can expect ping of anywhere between 100-250 ms on the NA beta server which I hear is "manageable" but do note that you can take advantage of the ability queue setting in options. Just set it to whatever your latency is and it should alleviate some of that headache. EU based servers will be available by head start confirmed

Beezel on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    [edit] Poop.

Glal on
  • Options
    Yeah there was a bit of confusion on all that since the first key giveaway link dropped

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    ....the damage here is catastrophic and there were reportedly no survivors. By analyst estimates, ground zero and the surrounding 10km radius will be uninhabitable for decades, if not centuries. We now return to Verus Maldona with sports -[CNN] Cassus News Network

I think you missed a few zeroes in there ;)

• Options
    Two more days guys

OH BOY

• Options
    EXCITE!

• Options
    How maintenance days will be handled post launch by Live Producer, CRB_Virtue:

Hi All,

We've been discussing on the Operations front how we want to handle maintenance moving into launch.

Our goal is to perform maintenance during non-peak hours for both US / EU customers so as to avoid interrupting play for as many players as possible. This isn't definitive, but our initial discussions put us around 2:00am PDT / 9:00am UTC on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays. Typically for a weekly deployment or a bug fix patch we will only be down for a few hours (historically between one (1) to three (3) hours of maintenance.

Cheers

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    That's fucking crazy. Actually thinking about when you're doing maintenance, then picking a time of the week when the fewest possible customers are going to be playing?

Inconceivable! Carbine is truly blazing new trails when it comes to MMOs. :D

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Also, I shit you not, the soap and shampoo at our hotel in Boston this weekend was the brand "Chuan."

The funny thing is that I'd never once heard about this game before PAX. But Wildstar was everywhere around the convention center. Billboards, taxis, commercials... They marketed the SHIT out of it.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/game/features/warplots/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cWhaTldG3k

Warplots are massive 40v40 battle royales, accessible to all players once they hit level 50. Each team starts with a fortress that they can upgrade and customize with a vast assortment of modifications using special currency called War Coins.

Victory is achieved by either destroying the enemies’ generators or through killing players and disabling structures. At the end, both teams are rewarded with Loot Bags, Prestige and Elder Gems.

Warplots are a seamless blend of life’s two greatest pleasures:
    Property ownership and loser ownership.

UNITE. BUILD. FIGHT. WIN.

Beezel on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

The funny thing is that I'd never once heard about this game before PAX. But Wildstar was everywhere around the convention center. Billboards, taxis, commercials... They marketed the SHIT out of it.

reminds me of pax prime 3 years ago where your eyes could not escape firefall. Pity that game did not shape up better

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

reminds me of pax prime 3 years ago where your eyes could not escape firefall. Pity that game did not shape up better.

FTFY.

• Options
    I remember getting into that game's beta early. I haven't NOPE'd at a game so hard or so fast since.

• Options
    Apparently it got a lot better a ways after beta, but its still meh.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Well, when you can't decide what the core of your game is, and keep trying to "reimagine" it...

You have problems.

Lots of them, in fact.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Just want to say welcome to all the new people joining us in our adventures on Nexus!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Just want to say welcome to all the new people joining us in our adventures on Nexus!

... before we stomp on their spirit and crush their souls in PVP.

This discussion has been closed.