Options

[Titanfall]

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    R101 is now the best gun for 90% of situations, down from 95% pre-patch. I haven't noticed a single difference with C4, every time I used it I got the kills I expected.
    I expect the G2 to be played a lot more often now too, it was already arguably a great gun if you're consistent with it.

That's sad. I was genuinely hopeful those two fixes would balance out the game.

And yes, the G2 was already a pretty damn good gun.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I was incredibly inconsistent with the G2 before the patch (haven't tried it lately). Most of the time, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but sometimes I'd get consistent headshots. I don't know why.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Gah you'd think new achievements would encourage people to do the expedition variety pack mode. I'm in Australia and it takes forever to find a game, if you ever do find one at all

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    AUS seems fairly boned on the server front. I can find games easily on each US server, including DLC hoppers.

Got some time in with the update today- love the changes so far. Emblems are awesome, I just want more! AI voices are cool but I really only like Jeeves. And lastly Marked for Death is a cool mode with teammates... with randoms no so much. It says MfD is temporary so I assume they'll be swapping it out for 2v2 LTS later.

• Options
    I would love custom paint jobs, like maybe keeping the themes and colours of each side but just a bit of variety.

• Options
    I would be down with Armored Core level of customization, cosmetically. The balance is very tight with how each chassis works, and Titan weapons balance is also based around those three archetypes. I think they can add visual customization on the Titans without messing up balance. Different color patterns, camos, arms, legs, torsos, even tank treads on an Ogre!
    Of course it's not all feasible but I do hope they add more stuff like the emblems in the future

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I played a couple of quick games and I got the Amped Triple Threat burn card. It makes the Triple Threat shots magnetized. So I'm looking forward to using that soon. When you absolutely, positively, have to fuck a titan up.

• Options
    Hmm. Xbox One, Australia, Saturday night. Every single game mode, including Attrition vanilla, empty.

I switched my Data Centre to East Asia and got a game straight away.

This may just be a random problem with the servers, but its happening more and more. Even when I can find games, you can forget about anything outside of Attrition or maybe Hardpoint sometimes.

Its gotten to the point where friends go "hey you love Titanfall dont you Prohass? Should I get it?" and my answer is no.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    So happy that I instantly got the Merch/Fleshripper emblem right off the bat. Also in my first game of Marked for Death got the kill a respawn dev thingie :D

• Options
    GikenGiken Registered User regular
    Does this game have a decent following for the PC? I bought it right when it came out and have been unable to play it due to the bad internet i am getting out of country. Just wondering if i will be able to have some fun with it in a month or 2.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    It appears some of the DLC achievements can recognize games played before the update, as I unlocked the map specific achievements of each, at the end of my first few matches. I also got the ones for staying airborne for a minute on Swampland and one for winning so many matches on Runoff. I think that Respawn Dev icon is viral because I got it first match too.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    How's the matchmaking these days?

I'll assume from the fact nobody answered this at all that matchmaking is still shit.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    Giken wrote: »
    Does this game have a decent following for the PC? I bought it right when it came out and have been unable to play it due to the bad internet i am getting out of country. Just wondering if i will be able to have some fun with it in a month or 2.

I think so. I still play a good bit on PC.

However, I'd say you'll have a little trouble finding a match outside of Attrition (Deathmatch) during off hours.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Are there any Australians on the Xbox one in this thread? I haven't been able to find a single game, in any mode this weekend. My ping from the data centre is only 20 mms. Sometimes I can find some attrition modes where everyone's connection seems to be on one bar, but even then that's been rare. I've tried numerous times of the day since Friday. It's now Sunday and nothing. If this happens again next weekend I'm done.

EA's response to me was to disable my firewall and check my connection. Im like, ah, its on Xbox One, I dont have a firewall? As far as Im aware? And my connection is fine, as I can get into East Asian servers quickly and fine, its just I then have to deal with 300+ mms lag. Its happening for a few aussies so hopefully this is a temporary thing, but 3 days of the same issue on a weekend.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Damn so much negativity in the thread.

Titanfall is still fun on the XB-1 in the US and I played with a lot of people tonight. I need to stop using the silencer. It may help me kill grunts, but it always costs me against pilots.

• Options
    I'm not really being negative, I love this game, just lately it won't let me play it!

• Options
    GikenGiken Registered User regular
    Sivraj wrote: »

However, I'd say you'll have a little trouble finding a match outside of Attrition (Deathmatch) during off hours.

Eh, thats kind of sad. I was looking forward to playign around in Last Titan Standing and seeing which kit i would work best with. And Hardpoint felt better to me then Attrition. Well i just hope that future DLC's and sales will bring more people to the game.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Damn so much negativity in the thread.

Titanfall is still fun on the XB-1 in the US and I played with a lot of people tonight. I need to stop using the silencer. It may help me kill grunts, but it always costs me against pilots.

Silencer may cost you in western-style gunslinging, but you don't realise how many times it saves you unwanted attention until you take it off.

I never run without it on the smart pistol: even with enhanced targeting it loses 1v1 so I just aim to sneak around behind players.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular

Eh, thats kind of sad. I was looking forward to playign around in Last Titan Standing and seeing which kit i would work best with. And Hardpoint felt better to me then Attrition. Well i just hope that future DLC's and sales will bring more people to the game.

My wife isn't a fan of attrition so we pretty much play Hardpoint and the occasional variety pack. Pacific time zone around 2000 and we never have to wait for a match on Xbox 1 soooo it seems pretty healthy still. I imagine September and November will see a drop off because of all the new releases but plenty of new X1 + Titanfall bundles will be sold come Xmas so there will probably be a population jump again come the end of December.

• Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

I think it's just a case of the game not being TF2/CoD/etc.

I didn't mean to make it sound like it's impossible to find games or anything. It's just sometimes you're going to be waiting in Matchmaking for a little bit.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    Here are couple decent clips I made. The ones with sound are post-update, the ones without were from before.
    http://youtu.be/oVMAZyUZops

• Options
    How come I had 56 or something burn card spaces, now I'm back to 26?

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    How come I had 56 or something burn card spaces, now I'm back to 26?
    I know it increases your deck size everytime you regen, but I think you're still supposed to have 46 at this point.
    From the update page:
    Burn Card overflow protection - To protect players who have a full Burn Card deck from losing the opportunity to earn valuable rare Burn Cards, you may now exceed your maximum deck size. However, you must discard down to a legal deck size before you arm new Burn Cards. To make this less obtrusive, the maximum base deck size has been increased from 26 to 46.

Burn Card Deck Limit tied to Gen level – Maximum deck size is increased by 6 cards per gen on top of the base 46 with a maximum of 100 for Gen 10.

• Options
    Yeah that's what's weird, my deck was at 46 and now it's back to 26 and I can't use any cards, only discard them

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Holy shit a guy with 32 pilot kills in one round...

Also am I the only one that pretty much hates all the new maps? Swampland is ok but I hate the others

Prohass on
  • Options
    Wargames is awesome, Runoff is visually less appealing but plays fine.

• Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Yeah that's what's weird, my deck was at 46 and now it's back to 26 and I can't use any cards, only discard them

It's a bug, going back to the main menu usually fixes it, restarting Titanfall will if that doesn't.

• Options
    Yeah titanfall has been glitchy all day today, it's crashed a few times on me, on Xbox one

• Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    In other news, big punch appears to be at a fraction of its former glory :(

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

I don't think DLC adds many users to a game, but sales will. But yeah, as said above, the only matches you are going to get into immediately are Attrition matches on PC at all times. The others will have a wait no matter what times you get online.

PC gamers have ADD like mad.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Steam sales don't help that ADD :blush:

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Steam sales don't help that ADD :blush:

So, this is true?
    PEh34JQ.jpg

(IDK why Dorkly didn't directly link the comic it's from and watermarked it, but eh, comic)

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Yes. And if I didn't have a wife/kid/house/student loans... All my money would go to Steam for the reason of having games. I really can't explain it. It's a pretty severe problem that I'm trying to keep in control.

• Options
    Awesome games tonight with the X-Box 1 crew. Wrecking motherfuckers left and right tonight. Nuclear ejections are really fucking up my regen challenges of getting executions.

• Options
    Man this burn cards glitch is driving me nuts, it keeps coming back and preventing me from using my cards. Also more entirely empty servers today, with barely even attrition vanilla matches. If you're on Xbox One in Australia you can forget the Expedition map pack.

• Options
    It's taken forever but I am now Gen 7 (I know... I suck). This one has some really easy challenges so it should be a breeze. Hope we hear about the next map pack soon.

• Options
    Since I can't find any games, ever, anymore on Expedition my excitement for new map packs has dropped to zero, lucky the old maps are great and I can at least play attrition on them

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    For folks on 360, I'm trying to find any article online, and I'm not coming up with one. Are we not getting the full patch that the One and PS4 are getting? We got the nameable create a class finally and I believe the weapon balances. However, I see no Titan Emblems, new game-types, or increased Max burn cards or new burn cards I thought was coming with this last patch.

Anyone know?

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    Marek wrote: »
    For folks on 360, I'm trying to find any article online, and I'm not coming up with one. Are we not getting the full patch that the One and PS4 are getting? We got the nameable create a class finally and I believe the weapon balances. However, I see no Titan Emblems, new game-types, or increased Max burn cards or new burn cards I thought was coming with this last patch.

Anyone know?

I suspect you guys are a patch behind the PC/XBO folks. I don't think they'd abandon their playerbase like that.

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    This is the weirdest bug. I ran into it a ton last week.

http://youtu.be/NtCvlefMaS8

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV