As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Titanfall]

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I should get back into playing this
    But really I haven't been in much of a competitive gaming mood. Mostly been playing SP stuff.

Yeah, I rotated out of it once I got 1000/1000. Kinda wary of coming back in now though since I'm Gen-10/50 and I'd be rusty. Not really in the mood for dumb messages about people outscoring me and such, heh.

New achievements are on the way so I'll probably start playing some again. I read that you have to have bought the map pack to get the new achievements (which makes sense), but people are complaining that you'd have to buy the map packs to unlock the new achievements (which are probably tied to the maps, which again, makes sense). Did they ever say that DLC achievements would be attainable w/o the paid content? I don't recall them ever saying that. o_O

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Burn Card overflow protection - To protect players who have a full Burn Card deck from losing the opportunity to earn valuable rare Burn Cards, you may now exceed your maximum deck size. However, you must discard down to a legal deck size before you arm new Burn Cards. To make this less obtrusive, the maximum base deck size has been increased from 26 to 46.

YESS... I have 14 titan cards so the rest of my deck is consistently full.

EDIT: also, DAMN I have to get my satchel requirements for Gen4 before this update goes into effect! Thank goodness there are thunderstorms expected tonight.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    You supposed to use your cards!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Every time I use a card... I die in 5 seconds. So I stopped using them.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Everything about the update sounds good. Unfortunately I'm stuck borrowing my neighbors crappy wifi for another week and a half until my new internet gets hooked up so hopefully I've got some time till it comes out.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    urahonky wrote: »

They are called 'Burn' cards for a reason. Besides I have single-handedly capped all 6 flags once by staying alive the whole time with Adrenaline Transfusion active. They really can change the game.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular

They are called 'Burn' cards for a reason. Besides I have single-handedly capped all 6 flags once by staying alive the whole time with Adrenaline Transfusion active. They really can change the game.

I should really start using them more. I started playing again last night on my new PC and I forgot how fun this game could be.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    You supposed to use your cards!

I think like 20 of the cards in my deck are titans. You never know when you'll need them. o_o

• Options
    Titan cards are really only useful for calling a Titan immediately when a match starts. This can give an advantage in Hardpoint, CTF, and Attrition. Otherwise they aren't that valuable. Multiple cards are based around getting you a Titan quicker, if you have one of those Build-Time boosting cards equipped and do well,you can get a Titan in under a minute. The truly rare cards to me provide infinite cloak, sprint or stim. Some amped cards are really great too, you should always use them. All the X2 XP cards are a godsend for when yoy regen too. I save those for regen time once I hit 50.

• Options
    Yea, the build cards I used regularly. Amped weapons rarely used because I didn't need them. IJS, if I couldn't kill a person w/o em then I probably wasn't going to be able to anyway.

• Options
    Amped Shotty is fearsome, Amped Charge Rifle picks apart Titans.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Yeah, exactly. I've almost never taken a burn card from 0:00 to the end of the match in Attrition, and I'm sitting at a 70% win rate and >50% MVP rate (don't recall specifically offhand). If a burn card gets you a single extra kill, it's done its job.

That said, in terms of burn cards, I consider Most Wanted List a standout in terms of effectiveness vs. rarity. If you can have a really good first 30-60 seconds, you can get a Titan in that time. I've definitely swung matches with that card more consistently than any other except instant titans and Map Hack.

• Options
    Oh yeah, I know they're useful and all, but at the end of the day I simply find playing successfully with my artificial handicaps and limitations more rewarding than playing without them and doing even better. That sense of a competitive challenge... I needs it. :P

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Really...I just always forget to equip/use them.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I use cards all the time, but my problem is that I already earn them around three times as fast as I use them and I can't bear to toss them out unless they're particularly worthless. What if Rank 9 or 10 requires me to use the Kraber!? I can't take that chance!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I keep my titan cards since I only want to use them when on a team with other people I know (which isn't often). The other cards I fly through but I keep getting MORE.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I generally only remember to use a burn card at the start of a game and then I just want to get back into the action and forget to take a new burn card. The one that gets you more xp and faster build time for killing grunts is my favorite one.

• Options
    So that update looks like it drops today. Guess, as usual, I missed my chance for the easy kills.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So that update looks like it drops today. Guess, as usual, I missed my chance for the easy kills.

I guess this is as good an excuse as any to shelve Mario Kart and do some Titanfall tonight.

Edit: no no no, Geth, these are evil robot mans that I'm going to be shooting. You have nothing to be apprehensive about.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    jefe414 wrote: »

Update is out now, for any concerned parties. About 1 GB, although I think that's the "Titanfall math" and it's closer to half that.

• Options
    Well I'll be on around 7PM EDT if anyone is looking to watch me stink it up.

• Options
    So, quick summary:

All nerfs / buffs in this patch are quite modest, which is good, because it was really a matter of edging things towards ideal rather than super broken stuff.

New mode is fun, albeit very luck based.

New in-match burn card selection (much better). I have no clue how I'll navigate burn cards once I have 100 of them in the prematch though.

New titan voices / insignia are cool.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    How's the matchmaking these days?

• Options
    When I started the update download it had the size at 650MB.

Really looking forward to insignias, getting pictures to put on my titan is exactly the kind of thing I need to use guns or perks I wouldn't normally use.

• Options
    Yeah having some cosmetic fluff always makes me actually care about challenges (H3 Recon armor comes to mind).

• Options
    I wonder, do insignias reset when you regen?

• Options
    I doubt it since there are a lot that are lifetime stats like getting 10k kills and being a certain regen. I'll let you know for sure later tonight when I level up to 10 and can look at my insignias again.

I played two games of Marked for Death and I enjoyed it. I can't wait to play that mode with a team.

• Options
    I have to make myself stop watching these Nathan Fillion panels so I can fire it up.

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    When I hit Play and sit on that private lobby so I can mess around with my kits I always get "Connection to Server Lost" and kicked to the main menu after maybe four minutes. I have no problems inside of an actual match. Anyone else have this? Happened before the patch as well.

• Options
    Accualt wrote: »
    When I hit Play and sit on that private lobby so I can mess around with my kits I always get "Connection to Server Lost" and kicked to the main menu after maybe four minutes. I have no problems inside of an actual match. Anyone else have this? Happened before the patch as well.
    It auto-kicks you if you 'idle' for more than a couple minutes in a lobby. It's super annoying when trying to party up multiple people.

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    Accualt wrote: »
    It auto-kicks you if you 'idle' for more than a couple minutes in a lobby. It's super annoying when trying to party up multiple people.

Yeah, that seems incredibly dumb. And here I just assumed it must be my router settings. Thanks.

• Options
    Had some good games tonight. Marked for Death was better once we were a smaller team, I'm assuming because we stopped getting matched up against teams that actually play like a team. I really enjoy the new way that the burn cards can be used, helps to remind me to use them. I hate these regen challenges for titan executions because it often ends up with me dying to a nuclear explosion in the worst case scenario and best case my titan gets killed while I'm actually doing the execution.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Oh.

Oh wow.

The R-97 kicks ass now.

I just tried the scattershot mod and it is more power than one man should wield.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    oooo cheevos!

• Options
    Welp didn't get to play last night because reasons . Tonight, though, goddammit, I'm in.

• Options
    sockssocks Registered User regular
    I got a chance to play last night and absolutely loved Marked for Death. I was playing in a party of 4 though. Pubbing it would suck in that mode for sure.

• Options
    Marked for death sounds awesome. Not to mention it was probably Steven Segal's 2nd best movie.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    R101 is now the best gun for 90% of situations, down from 95% pre-patch. I haven't noticed a single difference with C4, every time I used it I got the kills I expected.
    I expect the G2 to be played a lot more often now too, it was already arguably a great gun if you're consistent with it.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    I love the ability to track challenges now. Makes checking regen status a lot easier.

Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    oooo cheevos!

Ayep! Time to hop back into it. <3<3<3