Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm envisioning an image of Sean Bean from GoT, with text reading "Brace yourselves; an overwhelming number of Deus Ex: GOTY giveaways are coming."

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I actually decided to get the bundle anyway. Thief was calling out to me. I'll have to give Daikatana a run this evening, assuming it plays nice with modern systems.

Edit: I now have a spare copy of Deus Ex: Invisible War if anybody wants it. I get the feeling it may be hard to get rid of.

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    Oh good, I was wondering what server people picked, Pixie influenced me in trying Tera and I'm liking it, and also put my characters on Tempest Reach.

Also I was waiting for the 2K bundle to finish before asking this, but the only games I did not own from that were Mafia 2, Darkness 2, and Xcom Declassified, anyone want Bioshock 1, 2, Spec Ops, games from the xcom classic pack? just pm me and I'll send the link back.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Just finished episode 4 of Walking Dead Season 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2_22e2RoU

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »

*Shit just got real*

OH SHIT I FORGOT! Fuck, I need my new GPU to get here like... now.

3ib2yfayj1fn.png

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Waiting on new PC parts is just the worst.

• Options
    Every time I see a promotional image from S2 I feel like I'm spoiling myself on S1. I just started episode 2 the other day. The controls on an iPad leave ... a lot to be desired. Any better on PC?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Pixie influenced me in trying Tera

People keep blaming me for this and I'm not sure why. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Right? Sounds like they should be thanking you instead. ;)

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »

*Shit just got real*

OH SHIT I FORGOT! Fuck, I need my new GPU to get here like... now.

3ib2yfayj1fn.png

If you lived in Horsham, you would have it by now.

Thanks for the reminder about TWD, I know what I'm playing tonight!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Every time I see a promotional image from S2 I feel like I'm spoiling myself on S1. I just started episode 2 the other day. The controls on an iPad leave ... a lot to be desired. Any better on PC?

I haven't played on an iPad so I'm not sure how they compare, but the PC controls aren't bad. In S1 sometimes I would click things and they wouldn't register until I re positioned myself which was annoying.

• Options
    The biggest issue is tapping icons and having it not register. This is ... problematic ... when the thing you're tapping is a chompy zombie and the expected action is to not get bit.

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    You have to play through the campaign through each faction to open up that mission for that faction.

Cybran is best faction because you will then get one of each commander in the final mission.

How familiar with SC and Total Annihilation are you?

I played the original TA when it first came out, IIRC I didn't get too far in the game. I remember this one mission where you started in an island chain and you had to defend against a ton of boats that gave me a lot of problems. Maybe it was the other way around, where you had a limited number of boats, and had to clear a beach head to start up a base on, I can't recall. Heck, I even played the TA spinoff fantasy game, although that was obviously not as good as TA.

For what ever reason, I never played the first SupCom. It might have been in my EverQuest days where I wasn't playing much else. I did play through SupCom 2 which was a pretty good game. I love the whole focus on the macro rather than the micro approach that the games have, and their crazy units. I also really liked the walking boats that the red faction had. I'm pretty excited to play the game, because it seems like the battles are even bigger in scale than SupCom2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm planning to do a short term upgrade to my laptop and try to squeeze a little more life out of it. I'm going to put a 1TB Hybrid drive in as the primary and move the 500GB one to the secondary. Now my question is, should I use the Windows 7 licence I have for my 5 year old laptop or should I be upgrading to Windows 8? Does it matter if I get the basic or pro version of 8? (I'll look that last one up myself)

EDIT: Looks like Pro would be the way to go if I got Windows 8

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Haven't been reading lately (parents are in town to party with the grandkids), but I just picked up the current Humble Bundle for Mini Ninjas mostly. Expect random gift bombs when I get to work on Thursday because I don't need everything else I bought.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »

I use a 360 controller to play Walking Dead / Wolf Among Us / Sam & Max / Any new Telltale game. I find it easier to handle the QTE action scenes and it's more comfortable to use XYAB buttons than number keys to select dialogue.

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Pixie influenced me in trying Tera

People keep blaming me for this and I'm not sure why. :P

Perhaps your evocative description has something to do with it?

;)

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BioShock, free to a good home
    Loading...?

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Big things going on here at Humble Bundle, isn't that right, Jim?

You said it, Bill—today we're exposing newcomers to the worst of the Hitman franchise, with no sign of fan favorite Blood Money. But we've got Daikatana!

Powerful stuff, Jim. Powerful stuff.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if Blood Money gets added next week, or maybe it will be the Legacy of Kain games?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I'm planning to do a short term upgrade to my laptop and try to squeeze a little more life out of it. I'm going to put a 1TB Hybrid drive in as the primary and move the 500GB one to the secondary. Now my question is, should I use the Windows 7 licence I have for my 5 year old laptop or should I be upgrading to Windows 8? Does it matter if I get the basic or pro version of 8? (I'll look that last one up myself)

EDIT: Looks like Pro would be the way to go if I got Windows 8

Either one would work nicely. Windows 8.1 in particular still may have some kinks here and there with some games, though it's not that common, but with W8 I never had any particular problem that I remember.

I currently upgraded my laptop to 8.1 (got a new hard drive, so I just reformated) and it's nice. Just install something like "Classic Start Menu" if the whole "Desktop as secondary to the touch interface" thing does get on your nerves.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    People keep referring to finishing episodes of S2 of The Walking Dead and feeling depressed.

I hit near-capacity depression just on the catchup scenes from Season 1.
    No.... Lee....

I then hit capacity at the resolution of the way the very first damn scene was resolved in episode one.
    No... Omid...

I then exceeded capacity a further 5 minutes later.
    No... Doggy...

(All spoilers for Season 2, episode 1)

I still need to actually finish the episode

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I just hit the asteroid base in Jedi Outcast that comes after Bespin, and all I have to say is yes
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    They've a lot of stormtroopers and four of Desaan's force users

You've got a lightsaber, force powers, and LUKE FUCKING SKYWALKER

Only thing better would be if the whole thing took place on hoth or Yavin and you had to leap from trees to take down/assume control of an At-At or three.

Fuck, now I want to dig out my Battlefront 2 PS2 disk and play through the campaign again. It was surprisingly well done.
    SR3 spoiler
    Next star wars game should have a lot of set pieces that have you screaming out, its LUCK FUCKING SKYWALKER in a manner similar to Burt FUCKING REYNOLDS

The Star Wars games I have played are: Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, and the N64 one. Oh, and KOTOR.

I feel like I may have missed out on a few things.

Not much really

Does this ever go on sale? Are all the games in there good ones?

It's dropped to $33.33 for Star Wars day.

It has good stuff, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Battlefront 2 (though you need to jump through some hoops for online now), both KOTORS, Force Unleashed 1 and 2, Republic Commando. Heroes of the Republic was meh from what I remember, and I never really got into Empire at War (I think that was the last game I pre-ordered and possibly the last physical PC game I bought).

It could really use some Xwing/TIE Fighter games

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I have a friend who got too to depressed to finish The Walking Dead season 1.

I tried to lure him onward by talking about
    the helpful companion animal
    from season 2. It hasn't worked yet.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's just dire. I mean, for every decision you make, you know there's an alternate universe where you made a different -- yet equally shitty and possibly more depressing -- decision.

Fawst on
  • Options
    In the grim darkness of the far... south, there are only feels.

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in playing some DOTA tonight? I'm pretty terrible at it but I don't want to solo queue it, I don't feel like learning any russian curse words tonight :)

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    tortureandpliersohmy.jpg

Torture? With hand tools? Pliers even? All the squees! All of them!

Thanks @Dirtyboy ... you know the magic words that go straight to my heart!

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Why am I downloading a 10.2 GB update for Medieval 2: Total War?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    I also have Thief Gold available. It isn't on the steamgifts list so send me a PM if you want that one.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    tortureandpliersohmy.jpg

<3<3<3

Sometimes I worry about people in this thread...

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    @Dirtyboy needs a wishlist. I swear I wasn't looking at it or anything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    tortureandpliersohmy.jpg

<3<3<3

From the preview:
    I failed the torture scene in miserable fashion. I thought I was a tough guy, taking the punches and the hammers to the knees. It was when the pliers came out and removed my teeth that I overestimated my fortitude.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gods_will_be_watching/b/pc/archive/2014/07/22/launch-trailer-reminds-you-of-the-burden-of-your-decisions-gods-will-be-watching.aspx

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I've been meaning to ask, would it be possible to get an invite to the PA G&T group? I keep up with the thread and occasionally post, but I've never actually joined the group. My steam ID should be in my sig, or is there a better way to link it?

-edit- Wow you guys are quick, thanks!

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Iolo‌ for Don't Starve!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    @Dirtyboy needs a wishlist. I swear I wasn't looking at it or anything.

Maybe we can figure out his wishlist for him. Let's see... He's got Borderlands, Civ V and BL2 in his top 5 most played games, all with mid-three figure hours. So we know he's a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus. ;)

That's a start.

He likes shooting, looting, leveling, super heroes, and probably co-op. He's also got excellent taste in games, and really impressive amounts of playtime in a lot of them.

Hmm...

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    OK, so mystery solved. Turns out it was the wireless mouse that was giving me issues in BioShock Infinite. I am now playing at 1080, Very High preset with Vsync off (I'd rather have tearing than the chugging of frame drops). Not sure how a wireless mouse was causing repeatable skips in framerates, but whatever. Weird. Now I need to find a mouse that doesn't suck that has a really long USB cord. I love my MS Sculpt. :( I'm so used to it being a much smaller mouse that this Dell I am using feels downright gargantuan.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »

Converted to Steamworks.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    tortureandpliersohmy.jpg

<3<3<3

From the preview:
    I failed the torture scene in miserable fashion. I thought I was a tough guy, taking the punches and the hammers to the knees. It was when the pliers came out and removed my teeth that I overestimated my fortitude.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gods_will_be_watching/b/pc/archive/2014/07/22/launch-trailer-reminds-you-of-the-burden-of-your-decisions-gods-will-be-watching.aspx

I scampered straight off to install this... and it's not out for 2 more days.

YOU MONSTER!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »

Converted to Steamworks.

Unfortunately for me it was converted into a right click -> delete local files.

I don't have a bandwidth cap or anything, but my internet is slow, and I share it with others. I just cant justify downloading 10.2 Gb just for a steamworks conversion.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.