Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    15 days, 6145.2 miles, 18 states, 8 National Parks, 8 National Monuments, 2 National Lakeshores, 1 Wildlife Refuge, and 1 National Preserve later, I'm now at my parents' place.

What I miss? :D

e: Bloody TOTP with this. But yeah. Been out of the loop. Any new bundles/releases that are noteworthy?

e2: Also, buy orders are the best thing ever. While on the road, I got a foil for 5 cents.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Did anyone miss out on the Gun Monkeys giveaway?

I missed it... I just got back to Maine this afternoon after about a week road trip. Nice to be back... Can't wait to spend my last day off in front of the pc. So tired... And a bit tipsy thanks to a new bottle of pumpkin pie vodka.

Whaaat? Not to turn this into a drinking thread, but are seasonal/fall drinks already coming out?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

I missed it... I just got back to Maine this afternoon after about a week road trip. Nice to be back... Can't wait to spend my last day off in front of the pc. So tired... And a bit tipsy thanks to a new bottle of pumpkin pie vodka.

Whaaat? Not to turn this into a drinking thread, but are seasonal/fall drinks already coming out?

Speaking of drinking, the science center I work at is doing a ancient ales thing next week and I really want to go but I'm pretty sure I'll be working. So disappointing.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Unless it's leftover from last year maybe...I had it with ginger ale tonight.

Thanks @SmokeStacks‌ for Monkeys with Guns!

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I also have Thief Gold available. It isn't on the steamgifts list so send me a PM if you want that one.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    How is this thread moving so fast still? Has it reached critical class?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Sorry for ruining everyone's fun! :(
    It's still a very awesome giveaway even if it's for Uplay.

True, and through no fault of @KoopahTroopah‌'s, I'm still wary of entering due to Uplay not being Steam.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sumanai dropped some hard knowledge on me about Steam Gifts. I don't know if this Watch Dogs copy is for uPlay or not, but it probably is because ubisooooooooooooooft. So to for-go either of us getting banned or suspended or whatever, I'm going to be canceling my give away via steam gifts, and doing my own via PMs.

If you would like to be entered into the Watch Dogs give away, PM me a message with some nice words about dogs. I'll use a dice roller or geth tomorrow after 8PM est.

I'm getting entries, but I'm gonna take a nap/sleep so here's another reminder if you want to enter for free staring canines send me a PM before tomorrow night at 8PM EST.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    So I've been playing Tomb Raider, and the game is fantastic. The game seems a little short though? I've got most of the skills and upgrades, and the game has told me that past the point I'm at, I can't use fast travel anymore. So I've been going back to get the collectibles I missed and such, but so far I've only spent a bit over 12 hours on the game. Is that about right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So I've been playing Tomb Raider, and the game is fantastic. The game seems a little short though? I've got most of the skills and upgrades, and the game has told me that past the point I'm at, I can't use fast travel anymore. So I've been going back to get the collectibles I missed and such, but so far I've only spent a bit over 12 hours on the game. Is that about right?

Yeah.

The point of no return is right before a segment that brings you to the end of the game, but once you beat that, you can still explore, so if you're stuck on a collectible or two it's not a huge deal, you can't screw yourself out of 100%. It's not "Go past here and now you're in a bossfight" though, there is still a bit of gaming to go through before you get to the end.

I'd definitely recommend getting as many weapon and character upgrades as you wanted to get first though. The only way to make a shotgun be more awesome than it already is is to have it shoot incendiary rounds, so if your shotgun doesn't shoot incendiary rounds yet than you should really make that happen.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    I bought Divinity: Original Sin.
    Need people to play with
    :3

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    @Svevin gimme a crash course on Assetto Corsa.

Are a lot of people playing multiplayer at any given time?

Racing games are more niche than you might expect, but this being the latest and greatest racing game, there are quite a few playing at any given time. You will see a lot during 6-11pm in countries where racing is more popular, such as European countries and Australia.

If I don't already have you added on steam, add me and we can do some laps. The new Lotus 98T is a beast! :smiley:

Do you have a wheel?

I hadn't tried the 98T until today, and holy shit yeah!

You don't go into turns, you throw that thing into them and it sticks. Just had a fun drive around Silverstone (not without going off a few times :P ) and it's already my favorite car in AC.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

Yeah.

The point of no return is right before a segment that brings you to the end of the game, but once you beat that, you can still explore, so if you're stuck on a collectible or two it's not a huge deal, you can't screw yourself out of 100%. It's not "Go past here and now you're in a bossfight" though, there is still a bit of gaming to go through before you get to the end.

I'd definitely recommend getting as many weapon and character upgrades as you wanted to get first though. The only way to make a shotgun be more awesome than it already is is to have it shoot incendiary rounds, so if your shotgun doesn't shoot incendiary rounds yet than you should really make that happen.

Oh my shotgun sets people on fire, no worries. I have like 3 or 4 more weapon upgrades and like 3 more skills I can get.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Fawst wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »
    So it turns out my R7 260 is just not enough to play BioShock Infinite well. When it runs smoothly, it looks gorgeous. Unfortunately, once I made it into the city proper, it started chugging between smears of buttery-smooth framerates. I played with the settings and even dropped to 720 res, but no dice. That's OK, it gives me a baseline of games I probably can't run well. Considering it's the only game I've had trouble with so far that I own, I can hold out until I do a full system upgrade.

I don't think the R7 260 is your problem. An R7 260 ranks very, very near the 6950 that I had until a few days ago and I played Bioshock Infinite on that at very high or even max settings. In fact, Tom's Hardware was able to get very playable framerates out of a 260 at 1920x1080 and high settings.

What's the rest of your rig look like?

Hmm, interesting. It's an i5 2400 with 8gb of ram (not sure on the stats there) on Win 7 64-bit. I was wondering if it was my wireless mouse acting up, but it was happening consistently when I panned past certain locations in the game. I sit on my couch and use the mouse on the fabric arm which is curved, but that hasn't caused major problems before (only sometimes when a cat hair gets into the lens housing). I'll check to make sure the system didn't magically reduce itself to only two cores again, since that happened before.

Oh yeah, this is a Dell. I upgraded the PSU and replaced the ram with a single 8gb stick instead of using two 4gb ones. Not sure if the mobo being shit would have much to do with anything.

I also wonder if they tested that with actual playtime or if they used the benchmarking app. I got an avg FPS of just shy of 60 at 720 when I used the app to test it before I actually played.

You probably want to put the 2 4GB sticks back in. You're hurting your memory throughput by not taking advantage of duel channel memory with the system being able to access both modules at the same time. It's best to have as many sticks of memory as channels. Now mostly 2 although I have a first gen i7 so three for me.

edit: Crap! I thought i had skipped to the last page. Hopefully that comment is still relevant. If not... oh well:)

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hitman: Codename 47 https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=qC5RRpsVC4RrsAnv
    Hitman 2 https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=hKsH5Dn5sxrAZDmU
    Daikatana https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=tcUyVRxVEbB8Sr8T
    I will be checking back to see if anyone redeems these terrible games :P

Coinage on
  • Options
    @coinage I took Daikatana.

I....

I had to know.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Well, I played TERA through the starting area and now I'm in what I assume is the first area outside the capital, someplace called Lumbertown. Solo'd it so far. Playing a (*goes to look it up*) female Castanic Priest.

Over all my impression is that it is fun. I'm using a controller, but discovering the quirks of doing so. It reminds me a little of Xenoblade Chronicles in some ways. I like it, and I may play it now and then. I'm doing it casual like.

I'm now kinda curious about the other classes (archer, lancer, blaster wizard, double bladed guy). I don't know if it's best to just start those as well now while the first area is fresh in my mind or if it's better to play a little more as my "main" (dear gods, I have a main).

In any case, the recommendations were well received, honestly. I enjoyed it. I imagine that I may enjoy Firefall when it releases next week.

And it's far too late. I'm off to bed.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Is it customary for boxes from UPS to arrive already opened?

k997h1wsq5xo.jpg

Yeah, it arrived at my doorstep like that. UPS man... Unbelievably Potent Stupidity.

Man, i spent a long summer, well long ago on the graveyard shift loading for UPS. The pace they had us hopping, it was a wonder anything made it where it was going in one piece. i hope everything that was s'pposed to be in that box actually is...i recall an incident where the tape on a box got sliced through coming down the slide, when one of us picked it up, a full, unassembled bike came out. i...doubt every little part ended up back in when it went in the truck.

And there was the time a box of those long florescent light-tubes came open and the puller caught one in the eye...luckily no permenant damage to him.

*thinks*

Cripes...thinking back, i think both of the eye-related incidents i've witnessed happened in the same year. Must've been directed by Fulci or Argento.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Is it customary for boxes from UPS to arrive already opened?

k997h1wsq5xo.jpg

Yeah, it arrived at my doorstep like that. UPS man... Unbelievably Potent Stupidity.

Man, i spent a long summer, well long ago on the graveyard shift loading for UPS. The pace they had us hopping, it was a wonder anything made it where it was going in one piece. i hope everything that was s'pposed to be in that box actually is...i recall an incident where the tape on a box got sliced through coming down the slide, when one of us picked it up, a full, unassembled bike came out. i...doubt every little part ended up back in when it went in the truck.

And there was the time a box of those long florescent light-tubes came open and the puller caught one in the eye...luckily no permenant damage to him.

*thinks*

Cripes...thinking back, i think both of the eye-related incidents i've witnessed happened in the same year. Must've been directed by Fulci or Argento.

Ech. Sounds like a nightmare. Everything was in the box as expected, but I was a little worried/aggravated when it showed up at my doorstep like that.

On a different note, if anyone is awake and wants to get sad... I'm about to stream Season 2, Episode 4 of Walking Dead. Spoilers, of course.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    @coinage I took Daikatana.

I....

I had to know.

Sa...there's a pretty good section of Hellraiser 2 custom made for this occasion, and no one on YouTube's clipped it down enough to post in a relevant fashion.

There's only one recourse, Cooljammer, go watch Hellraiser2 before Daikatana melts your brain.

(This and "Murder, the answer is always murder," tend to be my go to advice for most situations, though, so take this with a grain of salt)

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    How do I do the [fairshare] thing? Is it literally just put the link/code/whatever inside the tags?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Got to say, I am really wishing that I had waited for a steam sale before buying Xenonauts. This game is not going the distance for me.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jazz wrote: »
    How do I do the [fairshare] thing? Is it literally just put the link/code/whatever inside the tags?

Pretty sure.

Let's try it out.

Loading...?

edit: yep.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I just hit the asteroid base in Jedi Outcast that comes after Bespin, and all I have to say is yes
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    They've a lot of stormtroopers and four of Desaan's force users

You've got a lightsaber, force powers, and LUKE FUCKING SKYWALKER

Only thing better would be if the whole thing took place on hoth or Yavin and you had to leap from trees to take down/assume control of an At-At or three.

Fuck, now I want to dig out my Battlefront 2 PS2 disk and play through the campaign again. It was surprisingly well done.
    SR3 spoiler
    Next star wars game should have a lot of set pieces that have you screaming out, its LUCK FUCKING SKYWALKER in a manner similar to Burt FUCKING REYNOLDS

The Star Wars games I have played are: Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, and the N64 one. Oh, and KOTOR.

I feel like I may have missed out on a few things.

Not much really

Does this ever go on sale? Are all the games in there good ones?

It's dropped to $33.33 for Star Wars day.

It has good stuff, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. Battlefront 2 (though you need to jump through some hoops for online now), both KOTORS, Force Unleashed 1 and 2, Republic Commando. Heroes of the Republic was meh from what I remember, and I never really got into Empire at War (I think that was the last game I pre-ordered and possibly the last physical PC game I bought).

It could really use some Xwing/TIE Fighter games

So, so much.

• Options
    edited July 2014

Pretty sure.

Let's try it out.

Loading...?

SUP STACKS

Groovy.

I wasn't sure since the Preview doesn't show it up.

Freebies incoming...

Jazz on
  • Options
    Humble links:

Thief Gold (seriously, someone grab this hard, it's one of the all-time PC classics)
    [fairshare]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=xTDPCsWzCbhD6Xcz[/fairshare]

Hitman 2: Silent Ass (anyone who worked at Gamestop back in the day will hopefully get that joke)
    [fairshare]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=5fNATYpcpUrGDZ8d[/fairshare]

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Huh. Not sure what happened there. Oh well, the links are there. Grab 'em. Just say so if you do, I guess.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Hitman 2: Silent Ass (anyone who worked at Gamestop back in the day will hopefully get that joke)

I worked at a GameCrazy years ago.

"Medal of Ho European Ass" was my favorite.

• Options
    FairShare is just slang for the codes tag, right?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    That's what the tag says, apparently, so yeah. I think so, anyway.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    f3rret wrote: »
    So, thanks to whoever told me I needed to play Saints Row 3. It's just crazy... I just drove around with a
    friggin' TIGER
    in the backseat. And I'm taking missions from a
    pimp that sounds like T-Pain

And yet, after SR4, that all sounds so reasonable.

SR3 goes to 11.

SR4 makes 10 (and 11) louder but then goes to 12.

Argh, looked at SR4 on Steam and spoiled part of SR3 for myself. I think I recognized one of the people walking with Boss in a cinematic...

Is the DLC for SR4 worth it? Should I wishlist the Game Of The Century Edition or the regular?

SR4, not to spoil things, essentially takes place in the Matrix, so dead characters can come back and etc. etc.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Well, I played TERA through the starting area and now I'm in what I assume is the first area outside the capital, someplace called Lumbertown. Solo'd it so far. Playing a (*goes to look it up*) female Castanic Priest.

Over all my impression is that it is fun. I'm using a controller, but discovering the quirks of doing so. It reminds me a little of Xenoblade Chronicles in some ways. I like it, and I may play it now and then. I'm doing it casual like.

I'm now kinda curious about the other classes (archer, lancer, blaster wizard, double bladed guy). I don't know if it's best to just start those as well now while the first area is fresh in my mind or if it's better to play a little more as my "main" (dear gods, I have a main).

In any case, the recommendations were well received, honestly. I enjoyed it. I imagine that I may enjoy Firefall when it releases next week.

And it's far too late. I'm off to bed.

Priest leveling can be kind of slow at times, as you can't melt faces like the other classes can all the time. Still, I didn't have much issues leveling. As far as testing out the other characters, if any of them seem interesting to you, give them a shot now. You don't want to get to 30ish and realize you really enjoy dual sword person or lancer is more fun for you.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well, the first draft of my thesis is written. Sending it for the first check up. Wish me luck, guys!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Holyyyy shittttttt. New episode of Walking Dead Season 2 is so good guys. Like, E4/E5 of S1 caliber. Makes the rest of the season worth it.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Don't tempt me, I am waiting for them to finish the whole season so I can play them all at at once.

I did this with both Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us.
    Riding the Emotional Rollercoaster! WOOO!!

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    New Humble bundle is up:

$1 tier:
    Thief Gold
    Daikatana
    Mini Ninjas
    Anachronox
    Hitman: Codename 47
    HItman 2: Silent Assassin

BTA tier:
    Deus Ex: Invisible War
    Deus Ex: The Fall
    Hitman: Absolution
    Nosgoth Veteran Pack
    Battlestations: Midway
    More games coming soon

$14.99 tier:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
    Just Cause 2
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Deus Ex: GOTY
    Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
    I just want everyone to know that I bought this on Steam (since it's the Eidos/SE Bundle) 4 years ago for $50. It came with Arkham Asylum instead of Just Cause 2 (and no Daikatana), and is was infinitely worth it back then, let alone now for a fraction of the cost. Not every game is awesome, but there's lots more good than bad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I am going to buy the bundle just for Daikatana. Such an infamously bad game, I owe it to myself!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I bought that pack too @Sorce‌

I think it also came with Infernal, which is no longer available to buy on Steam

actually I think there were quite a few differences but yeah, the pack was worth it when I bought it

rikdaly on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Holyyyy shittttttt. New episode of Walking Dead Season 2 is so good guys. Like, E4/E5 of S1 caliber. Makes the rest of the season worth it.

Walking Dead Season 2 Episiode 4 spoilers:
    That goddamn Russian kid, I'm GLAD I took your meds. Never trust a cripple or a cancer survivor. I assume that if you didn't take the meds, they still jump you at the end?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.