[chat]over

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The water of life, surely.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Perhaps one shot of Bushmills, one of Jameson's, three parts Irish Breakfast tea?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    It's like, hey guys, the East India Company hasn't been a thing since 1874. You don't need to drink tea to prop up a mercantile economy anymore.

• Options
    Huh, they've recently started the first vineyard in London since Roman times. Hail Claudius?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    So what does the humble son of the land of Norn drink? Not the mixed hot tea and sparkling claret of Bogart certainly but what?

I will occasionally have coffee. But usually water, milk or diet coke.

I am achieving peak philistine.

• Options
    I abstain from alcohol, originally for principles, but now for medical reasons as well.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Going to get the Marriage license in the morning and my mind is all like

https://warosu.org/data/sci/img/0066/24/1404372731636.gif

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Damn thats a hell of an attachrate
    #MarioKart8 has an attach rate of 42.2%, 2.82m copies of the game for 6.68m Wii U consoles

• Options
    Strong drink mocketh the man etc

Although that must be harder in a country with such a strong pub and drinking culture

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Britain drinks 5 million bottles of wine a day? That can't be right! That'dake them a bunch of drunks

I think I listened to the same program on Radio 4 as you. We also drink twice the amount of champagne as the US, 36 million bottles to 18 million. Get dunked on, US.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    They need something to wash the taste of tea out of their mouths.

Reported.

• Options
    fuck it I know its late but time for engagment pic spam 2.0

997024_10202683548473740_8295046498906655437_n.jpg

10517472_10202684709102755_6543202492975706522_n.jpg?oh=3479513768641f847710156aa48ccc28&oe=5459E9E3&__gda__=1413375733_fd2495fb6483ff897fc9f0a216a22845

10492410_10202684801745071_8893864753995049431_n.jpg

10525995_10202684802745096_8891492920211202435_n.jpg?oh=9602921d5a4a77f5e77c39f82ed95726&oe=5449C7C0&__gda__=1413934038_00ab5c38509f99a9fa395be2d48595ee

10513506_10202684803225108_4508649461099464127_n.jpg

1623618_10202684804345136_7165792866554638416_n.jpg?oh=199fca3da4c11d5929816723cf41e7fa&oe=54392652&__gda__=1412750821_b853a5c9b3cb4ef513146405c88efb1f

10482234_10202684806585192_4004423569364092389_n.jpg?oh=64aa947a427cba9ebdcf6a413e7e9eda&oe=543DF76C&__gda__=1414392841_39c68dc4dd046fe6e1b8ed5581764579

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Britain drinks 5 million bottles of wine a day? That can't be right! That'dake them a bunch of drunks

I think I listened to the same program on Radio 4 as you. We also drink twice the amount of champagne as the US, 36 million bottles to 18 million. Get dunked on, US.

The food show? Yip, just listened on commute to work

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Although that must be harder in a country with such a strong pub and drinking culture

Everytime I (half heartedly) tried to take a break from drinking when I lived in Ireland I usually lasted about two days, tops. In hindsight I'd probably have done better if I didn't make those declarations on a Wednesday.

And it's not even that I had deep cravings for a drink, but just that inevitably someone would ask if I was coming to the pub and I'd instinctively say yes.
    And once I was there I reasoned "well fuckkit, I'm here now, might as well".

It's been much easier to have periods of abstinence, accidental or planned since I moved away.

Now Playing:
    Dragon Ball FighterZ [PC] - Sure is a lot of not killing Goku going on right now.
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I want a couch with built in power points for a laptop.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

I'd be wary of this stat, given that I understand there's nothing stopping any sparkling wine being sold as "champagne" in the US.

So if we're using the EU definition of the term the US might be drinking lots of bottles of sparkling Californian white that they're calling champagne but isn't being counted.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Huh, they've recently started the first vineyard in London since Roman times. Hail Claudius?

I should quit my job and run a vineyard under my cruel iron fist

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh, @Elki‌

Holy shit, someone is getting fired for this.

I6s1xVy.png

• Options
    My cousin is a viticulture and oenology graduate

Apparently English wineries are a resurgent thing because climate change

Historically northern French grape varieties now struggle there but flourish in the south of england

• Options
    From the California wine institute.
    Lifted by the popularity of Prosecco, shipments of sparkling wine and champagne to the U.S. reached 18.4 million cases in 2013, up 4% over the previous year.

So hmm yes it seems that may just be a stat about imported sparkling wines. No info about homegrown US sparkling wines was apparent.

• Options
    oh my god that TMNT poster 9/11 nevar forget turtles

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Jacobkosh, Elki‌

Holy shit, someone is getting fired for this.

I6s1xVy.png

I KNOW RIGHT!

How the fuck was that green lighted, even if it is a foreign reigon poster.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    nothing like a shouting match with your parents to start off the day! God, I almost thought I was going to be able to enjoy some sleep but here we are

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    oh my god that TMNT poster 9/11 nevar forget turtles

It's for the Aussie market but Paramount realized that the internet exists and pulled it.

• Options
    Maybe we've got Bay all wrong and it's a gritty re-imagining of that day's tragic events, seen through the eyes of mutant ninja turtles.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Started playing Symphony of the Night

Managed to wander into a boss room and get destroyed

metroidvaniaaaaaaaa

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

metroidvaniaaaaaaaa

It's the best metroidvania game

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Maybe we've got Bay all wrong and it's a gritty re-imagining of that day's tragic events, seen through the eyes of mutant ninja turtles.

So it will be like Doom crying?

• Options

metroidvaniaaaaaaaa

wait what how did Gaibon and Slorga put the hurt on you?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

NZHerald had something like New Zealanders drink and average of 3 beers a day.

No other qualifiers though, so assuming they're counting the full 4 million+, some people are getting sloshed erry'day.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    The other night I woke up around 0430 to some weird scratching from the direction of my bookshelf. Pointed a flashlight at it (that's torch for you UK folks), noise stopped.

Then as I was about to close my eyes, something flew past my face. Oh dear, a bat seems to have made its way into the house. They usually don't get into my room but I had the door cracked. So I opened the door and let him fly out into the open area of the house, but I didn't want to spend 20 minutes chasing a bat so I could let him outside, so I just closed my door and went back to bed. Hopefully he'll get back out the way he came in.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

metroidvaniaaaaaaaa

wait what how did Gaibon and Slorga put the hurt on you?

Because I am bad at the game, I guess

• Options
    that was emotionally draining

like, i don't even wanna cry or anything

i just feel really numb

fuck

• Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

Everytime I (half heartedly) tried to take a break from drinking when I lived in Ireland I usually lasted about two days, tops. In hindsight I'd probably have done better if I didn't make those declarations on a Wednesday.

And it's not even that I had deep cravings for a drink, but just that inevitably someone would ask if I was coming to the pub and I'd instinctively say yes.
    And once I was there I reasoned "well fuckkit, I'm here now, might as well".

It's been much easier to have periods of abstinence, accidental or planned since I moved away.

Oh it is definitely due to proximity of social drinking. I drink far more in London than I did in Wellington if just for the reason there are few suburban pubs and lots of cafés. If I wanted to meet friends without going to the centre of the city, I had to go to a cafe. Here, well there are at least 5 pubs and no late night cafes

• Options
    edited July 2014
    but anyway, I've had loads of Twitter accounts follow me recently where all they do is post weird shit that's supposed to be inspirational and relationship advice, but it never seems like something a real person would say
    If we date you can have my phone password, read my texts, answer my phone, get on my twitter, and read my DM's. I have NOTHING to hide.

What the shit is that?

Tav on
  • Options
  • Options
    Anyone trying that hard to make it seem like they have nothing to hide has something that they really want to hide

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    but anyway, I've had loads of Twitter accounts follow me recently where all they do is post weird shit that's supposed to be inspirational and relationship advice, but it never seems like something a real person would say
    If we date you can have my phone password, read my texts, answer my phone, get on my twitter, and read my DM's. I have NOTHING to hide.

What the shit is that?

People who have been burned in the past by long-term infidelity, or been put in a particularly humiliating situation where it turned out everybody knew their partner was cheating but them, get like this

Doing all that unprompted means that they feel they can then demand reciprocation

"You can read my texts, why can't I read yours?"

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Oh, hello 4:30am. Can't say I particularly missed you ...

Let's try that sleep thing one more time.

(Hi [chat] !)

• Options
    5h I don't depend on people anymore because I'm tired of being disappointed.

13h A jealous girl is a faithful girl.

18h You're honestly all I think about...

This discussion has been closed.