Options

Insane in the Ukraine, OR, Not So Chicken Kiev?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    That's Darwin Award level of retardedness.

dude

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    well, the Monrovian police agree with you
    This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They looted stained bed linen?

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

no kink-shaming

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular

fuck the police

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    well, the Monrovian police agree with you
    This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life

There are better ways to express that than "retardedness"

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Huh

Pro-federalism protests in Siberia banned after at least nine activists held
    At least nine activists who are calling for greater regional autonomy in Russia have been detained by police in recent days over protests calling for greater federalism in the country. Marches planned for Sunday were banned in Siberia and in the south of the country.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    That's Darwin Award level of retardedness.

dude

Sorry, bad phrasing.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    I was all "wtf" at that first headline till I saw it was by Breitbart

man never met a stupid kneejerk reactionary attitude he didn't like

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I think at the point a group of idiots decided a quarantine ward was a good place to rob they had since eased concerns about bloody sheets being gross .

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the pope has called for force to be used against ISIS, and is urging the UN to act

here we are, 2014, the pope has issued an edict for a crusade

what a time to be alive

anybody know any good chainmail tailors in central florida?

• Options
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Holy Shit. Amazing since Francis is usually a strong advocate for nonviolence. [citation needed*]

*Or at least that was my impression of him, I could be totally wrong.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Renaissance Faires suspended indefinitely while the Knights are deployed

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    The Knights Hospitaller and Teutonic Knights still exist as non-militant organizations. I wouldn't mind if they were re-militarized and went on crusade against IS.

Not that it would be a good thing (cause letting the Pope raise an army would never, ever, be bad idea), it would just be cool and insane in the present day.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    The Knights Hospitaller and Teutonic Knights still exist as non-militant organizations. I wouldn't mind if they were re-militarized and went on crusade against IS.

Not that it would be a good thing (cause letting the Pope raise an army would never, ever, be bad idea), it would just be cool and insane in the present day.

i completely support this on the condition it goes on payperview

but seriously. i like this pope.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Holy Shit. Amazing since Francis is usually a strong advocate for nonviolence. [citation needed*]

The only thing that he's been very consistent on is his radical support for the poor. I highly doubt he's calling for military action so much as he's calling for the international community to protect civilians.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the pope has called for force to be used against ISIS, and is urging the UN to act

what a time to be alive

Actually chainmail isn't that hard to produce. Tedious, and time consuming, but not that hard to produce.

I'd recommend aluminum, however, unless you can get like stainless steel wire stock (if theres such a thing?) otherwise rust, rust everywhere, and don't forget to wear heavy padding under it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

That first article... I've heard of Breitbart before, never really thought much about it. Did they really accuse the man of thinking the holocaust was justified because he gave back a medal out of anger over the death of his own family? Who funds this trash? I've studied the conflict more from the perspective of what actually goes on in the policies on the ground, but rarely the media portrayal. This is so insulting to Zanoli, or anyone that protests by giving back a medal. (By their logic, the Iraq War vets who gave back their medals justified 9/11?)

I'm sorry, that article caught me in a bad mood. End of rant.

Edit: Read the other article. Thank you for posting it, it actually made me feel better. If anyone wants to know the difference between high quality, dependable journalism versus quick, unfounded opinion pieces sold as fact, here's the perfect comparison.

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options

he is most strongly supportive of the disenfranchised

• Options
    Catholic teaching has a "just war" theory for situations like this.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    It seems a little iffy some times. I know there were several American Cardinals who called the Iraq war a "Just War" even though the Vatican never supported it.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Sadly we can only send the Knights of Columbus.

Things aren't looking good for them.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    The strict conditions for legitimate defense by military force require rigorous consideration. The gravity of such a decision makes it subject to rigorous conditions of moral legitimacy. At one and the same time:

1.the damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain;

2. all other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective;

3. there must be serious prospects of success;

4. the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated. The power of modern means of destruction weighs very heavily in evaluating this condition.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    It seems a little iffy some times. I know there were several American Cardinals who called the Iraq war a "Just War" even though the Vatican never supported it.

That's because the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is basically schismatic.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I believe the worlds largest producer of chainmail is Weta FX, here in New Zealand.

I can swing by and see if I can pick you up some Five Armys Surplus.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    I believe the worlds largest producer of chainmail is Weta FX, here in New Zealand.

In a forgotten back office sits Jeff.

No-one ever told Jeff to stop making chainmail.

Poor Jeff.

• Options
    JoeUser wrote: »
    The strict conditions for legitimate defense by military force require rigorous consideration. The gravity of such a decision makes it subject to rigorous conditions of moral legitimacy. At one and the same time:

1.the damage inflicted by the aggressor on the nation or community of nations must be lasting, grave, and certain;

2. all other means of putting an end to it must have been shown to be impractical or ineffective;

3. there must be serious prospects of success;

4. the use of arms must not produce evils and disorders graver than the evil to be eliminated. The power of modern means of destruction weighs very heavily in evaluating this condition.

Considering that we're dealing with religous extremists hellbent on exterminating all infidels I'm fairly certain that 1, 2 and 4 are clear "Check". Number 3...probably.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Didn't you get the memo, dogg, it is THE Five Armies.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Well reports I've heard have gone from US airstrikes having 'some small success at slowing the militants but not stopping them' to 'have stopped further advance of the militants' but I don't know if it's a actual change or just different media outlets using different words carelessly.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Man, I'd love to own a coat of mail.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I could not just stop at one, but I would need two sets of chainmail. One all olde and fancye and the other all high tech inspired.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

what a time to be alive

Actually chainmail isn't that hard to produce. Tedious, and time consuming, but not that hard to produce.

I'd recommend aluminum, however, unless you can get like stainless steel wire stock (if theres such a thing?) otherwise rust, rust everywhere, and don't forget to wear heavy padding under it.

Yes you can, because yes there is. What thickness would you like?

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    So, uh.

A missing journalist just got executed in response to the air-strikes in Iraq, with another next on the chopping block unless they're stopped.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    oh good that's good

• Options
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

what a time to be alive

Wait about a month and you'll be able to stop in at any of our 10 million empty strip malls as the Halloween stores open up.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Which airstrikes?

You know what, I don't care. Fuck them whoever they are.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Fucks sake geth.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
This discussion has been closed.