Options

Insane in the Ukraine, OR, Not So Chicken Kiev?

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Sikhism is pretty cool tbh

if I had to convert to a religion I would 100% do Sikhism

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Sikhism is pretty cool tbh

if I had to convert to a religion I would 100% do Sikhism

you just want a cool-ass hat and dagger

• Options
    you don't?

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I could not do Sikhism. Sikhism is for people who can actually grow a decent beard (or who don't actually grow a beard at all).

If I had to convert (to an actual real world religion) it would probably be Bahá'í.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I could not do Sikhism. Sikhism is for people who can actually grow a decent beard (or who don't actually grow a beard at all).

If I had to convert (to an actual real world religion) it would probably be Bahá'í.

I've visited the temple near Chicago a couple times, never heard of the religion before or after that but that place is gorgeous.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2014
    I went to uni with a guy who was Bahá'í. He was a fun dude (unrelated to his faith), but mostly I remember one of my other friends constantly quoting the Simpsons at him: "Look! A gentle Baha'i!"

tynic on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I don't need a
    you don't?

I don't need a religion to have a sweet hat and knife, that's for sure

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    you don't?

I don't need a religion to have a sweet hat and knife, that's for sure

that's why I said if I had to have a religion

• Options
    my cousin married a bahai dude

real nice quiet guy

used to work for the spooks as an translator

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My aunt's Baha'i. Always makes it awkward when it's Christmas, Ramadan, and the height of the Summer solstace at the same time.

'What do you mean we can't eat the ham until it gets dark? It doesn't get dark until 11 PM!'

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    No shit, really?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    In a March interview with a Russian newspaper, Seagal was quoted as saying that President Vladimir Putin's desire to protect Russians in Crimea was completely reasonable.

Seagal said he considers Putin, with whom he has promoted martial arts in Russia, "a friend and I'd like to consider him a brother". Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters last year that the Russian president and Seagal have been friends for a long time and meet regularly.

what on Earth

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I wrote a movie about a man who witnesses a crime and is forced to join the witness protection program. During his time in the program he finds religion and grows out his beard.

I call it: Hide and Go Sikh.

B)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    do you have any idea how many fucking sikh puns sikhs are forced to listen to on a daily basis

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    do you have any idea how many fucking sikh puns sikhs are forced to listen to on a daily basis

It's a test of faith.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

are they really forced, or do they sikh them out?

• Options
    How is a soldier-saint of the Khalsa like a beggar?

They're both Sikh in arms

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Steven Seagal also enjoys joining police raids so he can drive tanks through people's houses.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

It's a test of faith.

as long as they're not sikhing them out

edit: ah damn it

Xaquin on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    In a March interview with a Russian newspaper, Seagal was quoted as saying that President Vladimir Putin's desire to protect Russians in Crimea was completely reasonable.

Seagal said he considers Putin, with whom he has promoted martial arts in Russia, "a friend and I'd like to consider him a brother". Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters last year that the Russian president and Seagal have been friends for a long time and meet regularly.

what on Earth

It makes perfect sense . In the eighties they both made careers of killing Russians

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    JoeUser wrote: »

Well, it's not necessarily surprising. The Kurds are the most organised, pro-wesetern, and valuable allies in Iraq, but are largely armed with 20-40 year old soviet weapons. ISIS, by comparison, has an army armed with all the latest US equipment, thanks to the Iraqi Army abandoning it wholesale in their retreat to Baghdad. Washington was put in a position of watching one of their best allies in the middle-east get steamrolled by American-provided Humvees or helping level the playing field directly.

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/8/5982501/the-us-is-now-bombing-its-own-military-equipment-in-iraq

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    the kurds also have a history of being murdered by literally everybody

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    It's surprising in that Turkey is such an essential component of NATO, and Turkey will not be happy with Kurds receiving military support.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    eh, a number of the commentary i've seen recently has been saying that yes, the turkish goverment might not be exactly keen on kurdish independence, but that they like the idea of a strong kurdish state a WHOLE LOT more than the ISIS crazies at their front door. I haven't looked that up directly though.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Name one minority in the middle-east and Caucasus that does not have a history of being murdered by literally everybody.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Name one minority in the middle-east and Caucasus that does not have a history of being murdered by literally everybody.

few have been as thoroughly and consistently stepped on as the Kurds

the jewish, and the romani, maybe

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

yeah pretty much

jews, roma and the kurds have been history's whipping boy groups

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

what on Earth

It makes perfect sense . In the eighties they both made careers of killing Russians

Seagal is a piece of overinflated human garbage anyway, his sucking on Putins knob does not surprise me in the least considering he's also best friends forever with that equally repulsive piece of human garbage from Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Assyrians and Armenians rank right up there, Assyrians in particular (oppression, ethnic cleansing and genocidal attempts by every overlord dynasty since 700AD).

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Armenians have it pretty bad. I recently learned Jerusalem has an "armenian quarter". They just live in a perfect shitstorm between the Turks and Russians and have no place to go

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXK7I-6OvU

Most of this is German but there is some good footage of the current humanitarian operation

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    A helicopter went down recently. apparently too many people tried to climb on and caused a crash killing the pilot.
    Can't blame the folks for being desperate, but the guys doing this work are heroes.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Turkey is currently trying to court their own kurdish citizenry, so I doubt they'll raise any public fuss over it. At least, they won't as long as the current political calculus holds.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    So there's an "aid" mission from Russia going to eastern Ukraine that left yesterday, NATO has been saying for like a week that Russia may be planning to use an aid mission as an excuse to invade.

Now there are reports in Russia that military vehicles around Ukraine with "peacekeeper" logos on them, and NATO is saying the probability of a Russian invasion is "high."

Fuck.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    280-truck Russian aid convoy set to reach Ukraine border within hours
    A huge Russian convoy allegedly carrying humanitarian aid was expected to reach the Ukrainian border on Wednesday afternoon, in an operation the west fears may be a prelude to a Russian invasion but which Moscow insists is designed to relieve the suffering of besieged residents trapped by conflict.

About 280 military trucks hastily repainted white by Russian soldiers trundled off from the Moscow region on Tuesday despite a lack of international agreement over where exactly they were heading or what they contained.

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuuuck

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    280-truck Russian aid convoy set to reach Ukraine border within hours
    A huge Russian convoy allegedly carrying humanitarian aid was expected to reach the Ukrainian border on Wednesday afternoon, in an operation the west fears may be a prelude to a Russian invasion but which Moscow insists is designed to relieve the suffering of besieged residents trapped by conflict.

About 280 military trucks hastily repainted white by Russian soldiers trundled off from the Moscow region on Tuesday despite a lack of international agreement over where exactly they were heading or what they contained.

Yeah, no, this is going to be the most thinly veiled excuse for wanton destruction since my sister sank my battleship.

This is well and truly fucked.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Best russian humanitarian intervention since Chechnya.

This discussion has been closed.