Options

Go find the new Shadowrun thread, this one has been hacked by elves

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Mukk wrote: »
    Apostate wrote: »
    I'm stuck in a Dragonfall mission and I couldn't find anything elsewhere. Spoilers for Dragonfall (late in the game):
    I'm doing the Apex Rising mission and I need to get to the basement of the building with the mage gang upstairs. The problem is that I've seemingly cleared the two floors upstairs and can't progress anymore. I'm assuming I need to use the elevator to get downstairs? How do I activate it if that's the case?

The other gang outside the building gives you the parts you need I believe if you killed the mage leader.

I already killed the ones outside when I started the mission.

Could be a bug I guess. This game seems to attract game breaking bugs. I quit playing the original campaign when my PC was rendered unusable by a bug.

Go back outside and it should be lying in the spot where you killed the gang leader. It doesn't do a good job in conveying this fact, but it was there in my playthrough

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I haven't made it very far into Dragonfall just yet.

I think I can wait a month to pick it back up again. :D Those screens look *good*!

They remind me a little of Transistor. This is a very good thing.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how well Shadowrun has done, anecedotal evidence leads me to suspect quite well, I just hope well enough to get more Shadowrun. Doubly so if it means more Dragonfall quality!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I'm stuck in a Dragonfall mission and I couldn't find anything elsewhere. Spoilers for Dragonfall (late in the game):
    I'm doing the Apex Rising mission and I need to get to the basement of the building with the mage gang upstairs. The problem is that I've seemingly cleared the two floors upstairs and can't progress anymore. I'm assuming I need to use the elevator to get downstairs? How do I activate it if that's the case?

The other gang outside the building gives you the parts you need I believe if you killed the mage leader.

Could be a bug I guess. This game seems to attract game breaking bugs. I quit playing the original campaign when my PC was rendered unusable by a bug.

Go back outside and it should be lying in the spot where you killed the gang leader. It doesn't do a good job in conveying this fact, but it was there in my playthrough

I noticed I have the mission item but it still won't let me activate the elevator, so it's a bug.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular

I noticed I have the mission item but it still won't let me activate the elevator, so it's a bug.

Infuriating! Got a previous save, I hope?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Infuriating! Got a previous save, I hope?

Even if you don't have a previous save, you can always use the Rewind option to put you back at the start of the mission.

Which isn't ideal, I know, but it's something.

• Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Seriously, I really hope Shadowrun continues to do well. My eventual hope is that its performance will act as impetus for the dev to possibly add a multiplayer component or consider a sequel with such in the future. I'd love to play MP Shadowrun, even better if combined with the possibility of playing community-created campaigns with your friends.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Turn based MP is exponentially easier to handle than anything done in real time. So keep that hope flame a'burnin'!

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Directors cut screen look good, areas seem nicer and effects too? I'm liking the new hud.

• Options
    TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
    Rhan9 wrote: »
    Seriously, I really hope Shadowrun continues to do well. My eventual hope is that its performance will act as impetus for the dev to possibly add a multiplayer component or consider a sequel with such in the future. I'd love to play MP Shadowrun, even better if combined with the possibility of playing community-created campaigns with your friends.
    At the moment I'm personally just hoping it does well enough for them to keep making new campaigns. We've seen how much they've improved from Dead Man's Switch to Dragonfall, I'd really like to see how well a 3rd campaign would turn out. As for multiplayer I can't help but suspect they'll stay away from it due to Shadowrun Online.

• Options
    Dragonfall: The Director's Cut Dev Diary

Personally, of all the new stuff announced here, I'm most excited for
    The companion missions and, to a lesser extent, being able to sort of customize the rest of the crew. Companion characters are pretty important to me in RPGs, so I love that they get more attention.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It'd be nice if they let you
    save a certain NPC from dying during the assault on the Kreuzbasar.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wow
    Lucky Strike is getting fleshed out? i wonder how, proper npc?

getting hyped for the DC.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Haven't even started Dragonfall, guess I'll wait for the DC on September 18th now.

• Options
    The second Director's Cut Dev Diary focuses on the new music.
    Specifically, new themes for Glory and Blitz.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    news from PAX. If you own the Dragonfall DLC I you get the Director's Cut for free. I also told the guy from hair brained that everyone in this thread was banking on Amazonia for the 3rd Campaign and he had this halfhearted laugh as if we figured it out but couldn't say anything.

Or we are completely wrong and its not Amazonia and he simply laughed.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Yeah I read that somewhere...so many great games came out this year that I never got around to playing Dragonfall, so I'm def gonna wait.

• Options
    news from PAX. If you own the Dragonfall DLC I you get the Director's Cut for free. I also told the guy from hair brained that everyone in this thread was banking on Amazonia for the 3rd Campaign and he had this halfhearted laugh as if we figured it out but couldn't say anything.

I don't even know what Amazonia is. But I'm going to go ahead and guess Aztechnology has a heavy presence there.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

I don't even know what Amazonia is. But I'm going to go ahead and guess Aztechnology has a heavy presence there.
    Amazonia = Former Brazil and most of South America. It's run by a dragon (Hualpa). Aztechnology actually doesn't have a heavy presence there (Hualpa hates Aztlan, and for a good reason), and the war between Aztlan and Amazonia is a major plot point in the 2070s era. Aztlan and Amazonia both own parts of former Venezuela, and they have a lot of border squabbles in that region.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    So how much does this Hualpa hate Lofwyr?

Because if Hualpa gets along fine with Lofwyr, there's gonna be a Lofwyr cameo at the end.

Then again, if Hualpa hates Lofwyr, there's still probably going to be a Lofwyr cameo at the end.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    So how much does this Hualpa hate Lofwyr?

Because if Hualpa gets along fine with Lofwyr, there's gonna be a Lofwyr cameo at the end.

Then again, if Hualpa hates Lofwyr, there's still probably going to be a Lofwyr cameo at the end.
    There's really almost no situation where you couldn't have a Lofwyr cameo at the end, in a Shadowrun game. :-P You could be on the Metaplanes where the Shedim or Bugs come from, and he'd be there, sitting on a park bench, looking impassive and inscrutable in his human form. It's his business to meddle (almost literally).

All of the great dragons pretty much respect and hate each other with almost equal ferocity. It's in their nature. Lofwyr's main rivalry, though, is with Alamais (his brother). The great dragons described as "close" in Earthdawn are not represented in the Shadowrun continuity.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    new music! god the music in dragonfall was so good.

i really hope there is a new matrix track though, that old DMS one just doesn't fit with the rest of the soundtrack.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I want "Double Cross" to come back in some form, because that track was rad.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Having just finished the DMS campaign, I come looking for any good user addons.

And find that there was an official expansion, which is getting a director's cut soon? Well then.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Having just finished the DMS campaign, I come looking for any good user addons.

And find that there was an official expansion, which is getting a director's cut soon? Well then.

Dragonfall is pretty much better then switch in every way; No BS enemies, better support for shaman classes (yay for shooty spells and barriers!), a go-to team of runners that are decent at split roles and don't cost you one red cent and some extraordinary moral quandaries at the end.

Oh and tazers. God I love those OP things so much.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @TychoCelchuuu‌ I totally edited the thread title to mention the DC, I hope that's okay

• Options
    Dev Diary #3 is out! Combat mechanics.
    If you’ve played Returns or Dragonfall before, you know it’s a bit of a “black box” when it comes to dealing damage. Your “specialization” skill (e.g. Pistols, Rifles) will increase your chance to do a critical hit (greater than 1.0x damage) and decrease your chance to get a “weak” hit, (0.5x damage). At the same time, the enemy’s Body and Armor would increase the likelihood of taking 0.5x damage, and decrease the chance for you to do a critical hit. Cover was also a factor in this black-box equation. Overall, it could just feel random when an enemy jumps out and hits you for double damage even though you’re behind solid cover.

So we decided to break this system down into something with more cause and effect. In the Director’s Cut, shooting through medium and heavy cover now reduce your critical hit % to 0 – you’ll always either do 1.0x damage or 0.5x damage. Shooting through Light Cover, you’ll always do 1.0x damage, no more or less. This goes for the enemy’s attacks as well of course, so using cover will become much more important for all involved. If you’re caught out in the open, or you are flanked, the chance to take critical damage is going to increase drastically – you’ll always take 1.0x or greater damage. If you want to dispatch enemies quickly – and safely – you’ll want to flank them, and attack them from behind cover.

• Options
    I'll be honest, all this combat stuff is a bit too abstract for me. I'll hopefully get it when I actually play the game.

But it is nice that you can tweak your crew's inventory without losing your items.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Hm, should I finish my playthrough or wait for the updates. Maybe finish this one (decker) and try something else.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I'll be honest, all this combat stuff is a bit too abstract for me. I'll hopefully get it when I actually play the game.

But it is nice that you can tweak your crew's inventory without losing your items.

Heavy cover doesn't hurt much.

Light cover is less hurty than being out in the open.

Being out in the open is death.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I am really excited about the possibilities of the new AI scripting and how modders can affect that. Tactical combat is one of my things and I always enjoyed it in SRR but it was fairly simple stuff; if this makes it more interesting, challenging, and lethal, I am so on board.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I wonder how grenades will factor into the new stuff with cover?
    It might be useful to toss a grenade or two at a guy behind heavy cover as well as the no-brainer tossing it at that group of dudes over there.
    If I toss it over that hard cover and right next to the bad guy, will he suffer greater than 1.0x damage?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Heavy cover doesn't hurt much.

Light cover is less hurty than being out in the open.

Being out in the open is death.

Unless you're a cybere'd Adept in which case you'll be out in the open but still dodge everthing coming your way Matrix style.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It might be useful to toss a grenade or two at a guy behind heavy cover as well as the no-brainer tossing it at that group of dudes over there.
    If I toss it over that hard cover and right next to the bad guy, will he suffer greater than 1.0x damage?

I think that's how grenades currently work, right? Cover only applies if it's between the source of the damage and the person in cover - and in the case of the grenade, the source of the damage is the grenade, not the dude tossing it.

I tended to go whole missions without ever using grenades, though, and having them as a more viable way to flush mans out of cover (because shooting through cover is going to be so much less rewarding) will definitely make them a way more desirable commodity.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I think that's how grenades currently work, right? Cover only applies if it's between the source of the damage and the person in cover - and in the case of the grenade, the source of the damage is the grenade, not the dude tossing it.

I tended to go whole missions without ever using grenades, though, and having them as a more viable way to flush mans out of cover (because shooting through cover is going to be so much less rewarding) will definitely make them a way more desirable commodity.

I didn't use them much myself, usually just when guys bunched up trying to get through a door or something; Eiger's got a good throwing arm and brings plenty to missions. The one time I can remember lobbing a grenade at someone in cover - throwing it behind them - it didn't seem to change the damage calculus. If I understand the notes right, that's what's being changed: a grenade thrown past the direction of cover will now hit the enemy as basically a flanking attack, with the trade-off being that hard cover is more effective against fire from that direction.

Whatever the case, I'm fairly excited to see it in action. Nine days, people!

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    And the final Dev Diary is here, mostly about the improved visuals and the differences in the UI.

But there's also a bit about how leveling up your crew is going to work. I wonder if anyone is really going to make Glory a pistol specialist over a cyber-claw specialist.

• Options
    If I was playing a melee Adept I would totally spec Glory out for pistols. That brrrrap brrrrap three-shot dealio she did with her gun was what crossed off a whole lot of bad guys in my game, and going pistols means not wasting precious AP hustling from target to target.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Is DMS getting any of this treatment?

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    If I was playing a melee Adept I would totally spec Glory out for pistols. That brrrrap brrrrap three-shot dealio she did with her gun was what crossed off a whole lot of bad guys in my game, and going pistols means not wasting precious AP hustling from target to target.

For me, the pistol was Glory's back-up weapon for when there are too many enemies around to feel comfortable sending her out in the open. Eiger and to a lesser extent Blitz were my main ranged weapons users, while Glory was there to harass enemies that were difficult to get a good line of sight on.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Is DMS getting any of this treatment?

Nothing mentioned about it, no.

This discussion has been closed.