As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's time for a REAL [Superhero] Movie!

• Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Angry wrote: »
    This seems to happen to you often Guek.

Yes it's unfortunate. I'm not used to people always assuming the absolute worst interpretation of things. Not that I'm pretending to be an innocent victim either. A lot of the people here are just way more serious than I'm accustomed to.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Guek wrote: »

Yes it's unfortunate. I'm not used to people always assuming the absolute worst interpretation of things. Not that I'm pretending to be an innocent victim either. A lot of the people here are just way more serious than I'm accustomed to.

I am fully happy to make jokes

I am pretty done making jokes about the mistreatment and shitty depiction of women in popular media

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The better question is exactly what type of training does one need to be Batman's wife?

• Options
    edited September 2014

I am fully happy to make jokes

I am pretty done making jokes about the mistreatment and shitty depiction of women in popular media

Well that's great for you, I sincerely mean that. Not being as militant doesn't suddenly give tacit approval though. I also don't ever see anyone making those kinds of joke either (on this board)

Guek on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    now I want a parody of the Bachelor starring Batman

he puts all the contestants through obstacle courses and they compete in a hand to hand fighting tournament

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The better question is exactly what type of training does one need to be Batman's wife?

Yoga.

You have to fit into that fridge somehow.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2014

he puts all the contestants through obstacle courses and they compete in a hand to hand fighting tournament

The Bachelor:Ultimate Ninja Warrior Edition

Transporter on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

Yoga.

batman.png

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    While the more campy versions of batman avoid this, I think a lot of modern versions are certifiably insane at worst and mentally crippled and dysfunctional at best. His wife would have to be equally so.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Batman is already married... to justice.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »

Yoga.

batman.png

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-212-the-many-loves-of-batman/

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

However, his relationship with his sister-in-law Due Process is absolutely abysmal.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

I read this in Diedrich Bader's voice.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Well obviously he would expect his partner to be ready for anything.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

realtalk there could actually be some degree of success in a show like this

like the concept of taking a really weird dude who is like "the woman of my dreams needs to be able to wall-kick up the side of a building and beat the shit out of six dudes"

people would watch it

• Options
    isn't "training" a wife basically the entire premise of 50 Shades of Grey

• Options
    Pony wrote: »
    isn't "training" a wife basically the entire premise of 50 Shades of Grey

50 shades of the night

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    bruce wayne isn't real he thinks of himself as batman this is a deep character trait and not kind of a stupid idea

• Options
    hey guys can we talk about how fuck 50 shades of gray

• Options

like the concept of taking a really weird dude who is like "the woman of my dreams needs to be able to wall-kick up the side of a building and beat the shit out of six dudes"

people would watch it

...what kind of profile would we see in guys that want that? I haven't the foggiest outside of maybe cliche muscle heads

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    like i am saving that picture because it is a perfect example of how Magik should be drawn

it's one thing when you draw a character like Emma Frost all sexed up. Sexuality is like, an intrinsic part of Frost's character and she plays it up big time and generally speaking outside of diamond form it's not like she goes about punching people n shit.

But Magik is a demon-fightin' bad-ass with a fuck-off big sword and she doesn't really use sexuality as part of her character in any significant way so why on Earth does she get drawn like some Russian supermodel?

oh because dumb sexist bullshit, I guess?

and it's like naw, even if a character has an outfit that shows some skin, they don't need boob socks or cleavage windows. Magik has superpowers n shit so I'm fine with the fact that she runs into battle with her midriff exposed, fine whatever. At the same time that exposed midriff should be buff as fuck because she's a warrior. That's her deal. I really appreciate that Mike drew her that way, and more dudes at Marvel and DC gotta fuckin' get on board with that shit.

There are some areas where comic artists are getting better about this. All the art of New Thor I have seen thus far has shown her to be appropriately swole for a Mjolnir-swingin' heir to the name, for example, and her costume seems well-designed

but yeah, definitely the right kind of thing, not just for that character in particular but for female superheroes in general

Is there any practical justification whatsoever for a cleavage window?

Cleavage gets sweaty, probably?

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Don't know why that got posted twice.

But seeing the current Magik is yet another reminder about how out of touch I am with X-Men. Last I checked she was a little girl...who also died.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

people would watch it

...what kind of profile would we see in guys that want that? I haven't the foggiest outside of maybe cliche muscle heads

Me

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

people would watch it

Me

Ms chilla can lift twice as much as me

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    hey guys can we talk about how fuck 50 shades of gray

I agree, let's talk about how fuck shades gray

Odin on
  • Options

people would watch it

dwight from the office

that kind of guy

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    A day in the life of Batman's wife:

"This is good chicken, but Alfred's is better"
    "Thanks for helping me when I was hurt from fighting the Joker, but Alfred is way better at stitches"
    "Why are we watching Good Morning America? Alfred usually puts it on the Today Show"

• Options

people would watch it

dwight from the office

that kind of guy

Ahaha perfect

people would watch it

Me

So tell us a bit about yourself then.

• Options
    like i am saving that picture because it is a perfect example of how Magik should be drawn

it's one thing when you draw a character like Emma Frost all sexed up. Sexuality is like, an intrinsic part of Frost's character and she plays it up big time and generally speaking outside of diamond form it's not like she goes about punching people n shit.

But Magik is a demon-fightin' bad-ass with a fuck-off big sword and she doesn't really use sexuality as part of her character in any significant way so why on Earth does she get drawn like some Russian supermodel?

and it's like naw, even if a character has an outfit that shows some skin, they don't need boob socks or cleavage windows. Magik has superpowers n shit so I'm fine with the fact that she runs into battle with her midriff exposed, fine whatever. At the same time that exposed midriff should be buff as fuck because she's a warrior. That's her deal. I really appreciate that Mike drew her that way, and more dudes at Marvel and DC gotta fuckin' get on board with that shit.

There are some areas where comic artists are getting better about this. All the art of New Thor I have seen thus far has shown her to be appropriately swole for a Mjolnir-swingin' heir to the name, for example, and her costume seems well-designed

but yeah, definitely the right kind of thing, not just for that character in particular but for female superheroes in general

It gives goons and thugs -2 to focus

• Options
    Don't know why that got posted twice.

But seeing the current Magik is yet another reminder about how out of touch I am with X-Men. Last I checked she was a little girl...who also died.

Yeah, she came back in 2009. She was really interesting in the 2009 New Mutants series and Gillen's Uncanny run. Bendis can't write her for beans, though.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Nah, I'm not gonna fill out an imaginary questionnaire.

I just think it's kinda strange that you have no idea who'd be into women who are great at martial arts.

I mean, Kunoichi exists. That show's more about general athleticism and gymnastics, but still.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Being good at a thing is attractive

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Nah, I'm not gonna fill out an imaginary questionnaire.

I just think it's kinda strange that you have no idea who'd be into women who are great at martial arts.

I mean, Kunoichi exists. That show's more about general athleticism and gymnastics, but still.

See also: that lady who was on American Ninja Warrior this past summer. People went crazy for her.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I mean, if a woman can kickflip off a wall and take down six dudes in hand to hand combat

I'm not necessarily going to find that unattractive is what I'm saying here

• Options

What about mediocrity? That's hot, right?

• Options

Superhero costumes are not and never have been about practicality.

They're about looking cool.

• Options

I better hope so

• Options

I better hope so

I'm super good at being mediocre

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'm okay at being mediocre

This discussion has been closed.