Options

It's time for a REAL [Superhero] Movie!

19495969798100»

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Isn't Maher like anti-all religions?

Yes. He belittles and insults people of all faiths.

He's also an anti-vaxxer, if you needed another reason to not pay attention to him.

Which is a shame, but I enjoy "New Rules" for the most part, but fuck Bill Maher.

Luckily "new rules" isn't written by him.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I don't think Emma is nearly as much of a terrible person as people make her out to be, and has more or less grown into a genuinely heroic character in her own right.

One of the things that frustrates me about what AvX did to her and how she's been handled after that is that the progress she's made as a person, and the positive roles she's played helping her race and students, has been downplayed/forgotten and characters that should either be her friends or at least respect her seem to just not care.

She's regressed and is basically stuck doing nothing.

If they really had to end the relationship with Scott, then they should have had her stay with the school and continue her redemption arc properly instead of aimlessly following him.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I thought extremist Islam was a fairly small portion, like to paint it all as extremist , would be like painting all of Christianity as insane just because WBC exists.

And I still can't see Michael Steele without picturing his muppet from the Daily Show

hey there bibble

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I thought extremist Islam was a fairly small portion, like to paint it all as extremist , would be like painting all of Christianity as insane just because WBC exists.

And I still can't see Michael Steele without picturing his muppet from the Daily Show

also it is

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Man I'm anti all religions too, I'm also not a dumb racist who thinks that the appropriate path forward is to pretend a billion people are dangerous savages instead of just members of another religious group with whose basic tenants I don't generally agree.

The reason Maher and Dawkins and ... just a depressing number of prominent atheists pick this fight is because first of all they're all old white men who are racists and second of all they all get high on the feeling that they're finally winning this argument against the concept of religion. Ignoring of course that they are only winning because the oppressive theocrats in their home countries are on their side. They're doing nothing but further entrenching the sort of racist bullshit that allows oppressive religious regimes to win.

God damn they are the worst.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Man I'm anti all religions too, I'm also not a dumb racist who thinks that the appropriate path forward is to pretend a billion people are dangerous savages instead of just members of another religious group with whose basic tenants I don't generally agree.

The reason Maher and Dawkins and ... just a depressing number of prominent atheists pick this fight is because first of all they're all old white men who are racists and second of all they all get high on the feeling that they're finally winning this argument against the concept of religion. Ignoring of course that they are only winning because the oppressive theocrats in their home countries are on their side. They're doing nothing but further entrenching the sort of racist bullshit that allows oppressive religious regimes to win.

How come

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hydrogen in a kid's balloon

We should use hydrogen in kid's balloons, as helium is way too valuable an element to waste on toys.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

How come

Haven't met one I liked! I think religious thought is generally a slower path to essential truths and comes with a lot of baggage.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
This discussion has been closed.