Options

The normal [Webcomics] thread. Sorry.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    2014-10-22-nap.png

My first everything had problems that expressed themselves like this. Sadly, I was too inexperienced with the human condition to recognize it....and too much a coward to act on my concerns. Pity she saw my problems more clearly than she saw her own.

I must admit I'm having difficulty accessing all the layers in this comic. What connects this comic and the last?

This is my interpretation: Joyce is in a relationship with a man who she knows is not attracted to women. She's chosen a relationship that by it's nature is inherently unstable, a castle built on sand. She just witnessed two people saying "I love you", and it wasn't this grand fantastic fantasy of love like she thinks it should be. So it just reminded her of her own insecurity in her relationship, and the result was for her to physically cling to this guy to make her feel like she's actually getting from him what she will never be able to get.

Yeah this particular strip is very sad.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    i also just finished all of SSSS.

Explain to me the unknown?? there's a red head with freckles in the banner of the comic, in the character page, and on the front page of the book... but hasn't appeared AT ALL in the comic??? yet will be appearing on the front of the book?? what gives??

I think the consensus is it is a mage they will find out in the wilderness who will join their group.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Chibi Acts of Minor Sailormoonerism Uguuu Delux

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    I love the art for ssss so much, I just bought the print version can't wait!

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »
    I love the art for ssss so much, I just bought the print version can't wait!
    Yeah, it's gonna be a tickle counting the days! :3

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would have bought the print but I have far too many books I am waiting for from other comics I kickstarted

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    1210cbCOMIC-dyk-boston.jpg

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I don't get it

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    ....I dont get it either but it does make me want one of those new Cheeseburger doughnuts.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I don't get it
    I think I've got it

People from Boston are bad drivers
    People from Boston pronounce words weird
    Boston bowling alleys are weird
    Boston's geographical location is worthy of mockery
    There are not that many famous people that come from Boston
    People from Boston care about sports
    Masshole is a made up word that is funny because it sounds like asshole

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I mean, if you're trying to say Boston has it's fair share of assholes, it's a pretty useless thing to state

Assholes can be found in every city across the world

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    2014-10-22-nap.png

My first everything had problems that expressed themselves like this. Sadly, I was too inexperienced with the human condition to recognize it....and too much a coward to act on my concerns. Pity she saw my problems more clearly than she saw her own.

I must admit I'm having difficulty accessing all the layers in this comic. What connects this comic and the last?

This is my interpretation: Joyce is in a relationship with a man who she knows is not attracted to women. She's chosen a relationship that by it's nature is inherently unstable, a castle built on sand. She just witnessed two people saying "I love you", and it wasn't this grand fantastic fantasy of love like she thinks it should be. So it just reminded her of her own insecurity in her relationship, and the result was for her to physically cling to this guy to make her feel like she's actually getting from him what she will never be able to get.

Huh.

I figured she left before the argument.

I took away that she saw them "admit" love to each other but not the conflict. Between that and Billie finding love she suddenly feels so alone that she immediately reaches out to her doomed relationship in a vain attempt to capture something that she believes her friends are finding (although in reality their relationships are fragmented and not perfect either). She's always seemed like a character in a rush to reaffirm herself and "prove" herself yet she thinks she's being left behind.

It's pretty damn sad either way though.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Bp5wEY4.png

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    That guy sounds like a real Masshole

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Projectiles
    1.5.7.jpg.jpeg

Taking Hits
    2000-03-16-Taking-Hits.jpg

http://www.harkovast.com/?id=84

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    Sluggy Freelance is doing a thing. It involves lots of puns.

141020s.jpg
    141021s.jpg
    141022s.jpg

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    That guy sounds like a real Masshole

I'm trying to figure out who he is that he can hang around the palace weirdly insulting people

okay now that I typed that out

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    What sort of strange armor are they wearing for arrows to pierce through the metal but not the handaxe hurled at the head?

• Options
    Maybe it was a bad angle. I mean, arrows are better at piercing armor than thrown axe-blades, one would think. I don't know if it's true but it seems sensible enough.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    1412788363-sk20141022.jpg

Seems like they have a different line artist for this new issue of Skull Kickers.

Lar Desouza. Hm... sounds familiar. I'm sure he's some kind of genius. This new project is probably the least he can do for a quality web comic.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Oh no

No

Nonononono

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say people from Boston are bad drivers, Boston just has a really confusing road system. This may have something to do with Boston being fairly old. (For an American city.)

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    people from every city, town, and village are bad drivers

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    I wouldn't say people from Boston are bad drivers, Boston just has a really confusing road system. This may have something to do with Boston being fairly old. (For an American city.)

Massachusetts had to organize a statewide campaign this year to remind people in Boston that turn signals are a thing.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2014

Seems like they have a different line artist for this new issue of Skull Kickers.

Lar Desouza. Hm... sounds familiar. I'm sure he's some kind of genius. This new project is probably the least he can do for a quality web comic.

It's a Tavern Tales issue. Side stories with different artists is the MO for those.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Okay let me rephrase that, I don't think people from Boston are any worse drivers than anybody else.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Speaking of kickstarted things, my Derelict book arrived a while back, complete with postcards,
    JMFLffx.jpg
    sketch (it's this guy),
    XuPVv0r.jpg
    and an extra story in which, yes, Dang Thu Mai does indeed have a nice day:
    w7wZDch.jpg

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    07af208a6UWwu.jpg
    Leppu wrote:
    Hello everyone!!
    I decided to try having an update schedule, so from this day on PRAGUE RACE will be updated on mondays, wednesdays and fridays (it's the same with gunnerkrigg court, I bet everyone knows that comic!)

This is kind of a test drive, we'll see how it'll work out.

FUCKKKKK YESSSSSS

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

It's a Tavern Tales issue. Side stories with different artists is the MO for those.

Aw rats, I thought since the story was by Jim Zub we were back to regular updates.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    and an extra story in which, yes, Dang Thu Mai does indeed have a nice day:
    w7wZDch.jpg

I do not believe for a second that this will last the entire story.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    1UZZBMQ492.jpg

Renzo is a man of many deep, passionate feelings.

Zeri is a rude little girl.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    harkovast is the light

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    There is no light but Sinfest.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    07af208a6UWwu.jpg
    Leppu wrote:
    Hello everyone!!
    I decided to try having an update schedule, so from this day on PRAGUE RACE will be updated on mondays, wednesdays and fridays (it's the same with gunnerkrigg court, I bet everyone knows that comic!)

This is kind of a test drive, we'll see how it'll work out.

FUCKKKKK YESSSSSS
    Gonna need to awesome this twice

• Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    There is no light but Jerkcity.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I love the way the Dawngate comic draws Renzo and Zeri

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    RedBeardJimRedBeardJim Registered User regular
    Renzo is a man of many deep, passionate feelings.
    Radius wrote: »
    I love the way the Dawngate comic draws Renzo and Zeri

Talk about your anime characters, I thought that was Alex Armstrong at first.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Renzo is the fucking best

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    2014-10-22-nap.png

Ah this makes sense, thanks

My task of learning 'human' emotion through webcomics takes one more step forward

This discussion has been closed.