Options

[Sunset Overdrive] Free on GWG starting April 15! Mohawks for everyone!

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Scout Spoiler
    I just finished the first troop mission where you get air dash. After it finished I got told to go back to Sasquatch's. I'm picking up TP and balloons when I see a cell phone on my map. I can't find it, it should be right next to the building. Suddenly I warp through the wall, grab the phone, and see another glowing object. It's Brylecream's journal. Once I grab it I see a huge section of the wall is destroyed.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Is continual ammunition shortage just... A thing in this game? I can't think of a single time (though I'm still quite early in) that I haven't run dry really quickly, and other than the merchant, can't figure out how to refill.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Every xbox owner should buy this so that we have sufficient demand for xbox exclusives. Plus it's really good.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Is continual ammunition shortage just... A thing in this game? I can't think of a single time (though I'm still quite early in) that I haven't run dry really quickly, and other than the merchant, can't figure out how to refill.
    Weapons get more ammo at each level and it pays to constantly switch. Also try using an overdrive that increases ammo capacity.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    Weapons get more ammo at each level and it pays to constantly switch. Also try using an overdrive that increases ammo capacity.

Just early game blues, then, I guess. Don't even think I have overdrives yet. Cool, thanks.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Had a Chaos Squid match last night where I nabbed a 103 million score. We nailed just about every objective and I think my total kills at the end was 500-600. Love this game!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Night Defense in Chaos Squad is insane!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUASX6QklAs

I had no idea what the fuck was going on and I loved it!

Edit: I joined late so don't mind my very low score.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    This game is really good.

Like maybe my GotY good, but I love Insomniac's sense of humor and the traversal is really really fun.

I do wish I could figure out how to do better on the Buck National challenges, I am perpetually trapped at silver but gold offers clothes so I must do it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Night Defense in Chaos Squad is insane!

Yeah, the first time I did Night Defense in a Chaos Squad group, shit was over the top. So many explosions, so many of us bouncing and grinding around shooting things, so much orange. SO MUCH ORANGE.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    How do you track your weekly challenge? Curious how many blowers need to suck firey death for my OD boost.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    How do you track your weekly challenge? Curious how many blowers need to suck firey death for my OD boost.

The weekly challenge is built directly into the Xbox One's achievement tracking; it's a challenge there. (edit: easier to find/see when not snapped too)

Is there any way to see the level/XP remaining to level for *amps* themselves?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    the amps don't level up through XP, you need to upgrade them at your bases. you buy better/higher level amps from Floyd.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    the amps don't level up through XP, you need to upgrade them at your bases. you buy better/higher level amps from Floyd.

ah, got confused form the popup when levelling guns.

• Options
    Oh god..just did the final night defense mission...failed twice.

So many OD.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Wraith260 wrote: »

ah, got confused form the popup when levelling guns.

Floyd actually seems to have a limited amount even when it comes to leveling up amps.

It seems like some amp level ups you can only get as prizes from Chaos Squad.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I still need to get into chaos mode.

If anyone ever sees me online, I will be down for some of that.

• Options
    Are the bonus damage overdrives additive or multiplicative of each other?

• Options
    No clue...but I would guess additive.

Also...got the achievement for finishing the final Chaos Squad with over 1625 Chaos.

Pretty sure by the end we were all caught in a continuous cycle of death but we managed to survive.

I even came in first.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Seems kind of weird if so, because one is just a straight +damage while the other has the catch of the enemies dealing you more damage... or maybe the Rival overdrives have a higher bonus when at max?

edit: I haven't tried out Chaos Squad yet, i think I will soon. :O

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Well, by level 4 most overdrives are boosting your damage by 25%.

So...its quite a bit.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    oh man... this game (story spoiler)
    just rescued Bryllcream and Player's look when reaching out... priceless.

"Do you have any spare weapons? I'll help you fight..."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Only just started this (about an hour in), but the open world seems pretty impressive so far.

From the streams/videos I've been watching I think they should have given players the air dash from the start, traversal is really slow without it.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I do have to say I was surprised at the kind of sense of humor they went for in a mainstream title, definitely a couple moments that would infuriate conservatives if they played vidja games.

Traversal challenges!!!! Golded all of them but good lord!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Traversal challenges!!!! Golded all of them but good lord!

I still have to gold the last two. So many restarts.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Yeah the big thing for me is that the super jump screws you, honestly most of the extra movement stuff you can do is bad for the traversal challenges.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Also the secret with Buck Nationals challenges, ignore what he tells you once the OD are showing up. Just chain murder them with your best guns.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I think I've completed a fourth of the challenges so far, mostly been doing Chaos Squad post-game.

Wish matchmaking was a little better but that just might be because there are only so many people multiplaying.

I usually end up joining games halfway done and then I'm lucky if anyone wants to stay afterwards.

• Options
    Also for people wondering, yes you still get to be in the city full of aholes after you finish the game.

And quick tip for completing challenges, if you open your log book you can fast travel right to where the challenge is by pressing A.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Why the hell is this game getting such crap reviews? It's obviously amazing. I'm talkin GOTY candidate here. Is it because of the platform exclusivity? I really do not get it. Until now I have never seen a game that was so universally panned by reviewers and beloved by the people at the same time.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Harbringer197Harbringer197 Registered User regular
    \
    Why the hell is this game getting such crap reviews? It's obviously amazing. I'm talkin GOTY candidate. Is it because of the platform exclusivity? I really do not get it. Until now I've never seen a game that was universally panned by reviewers and beloved by the people at the same time.

really the reviews seemed good to me. Ign gave it a 9 so did game informer though it does seem to be more 8s than 9s. I think reviewers are in the innovation mindset because its the next gen and I've seen the same complaint about it not having enough replay value. which is stupid in my opinion

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ahhhhh? The reviewers have been pretty much universally positive, ranging from "it's pretty good" to "its dang fantastic"

• Options
    Honestly there is so much to do your first time around that the game can keep you entertained for a while.

Still completing challenges and leveling up my weapons/amps.

And the multiplayer is really good fun.

• Options
    Doing side missions for the 3rd faction now. Spent a lot of time doing the side quests.
    I get side tracked easy. I don't think I've seen a Herker without dropping everything and killing it.
    I really enjoy acid traps and helicopter guns.
    I haven't even touched multi-player yet, I'll probably try that tomorrow night.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Ahhhhh? The reviewers have been pretty much universally positive, ranging from "it's pretty good" to "its dang fantastic"

There are a few 6s and 7s both yeah still mostly positive.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    yeah, idk...

oh, forgot to post this before but here's (some slightly spoilerish) screencaps of my toon being AWESOME:
    OCLWCMo.jpg
    7mHg7A6.jpg

She kinda looks like the deranged spawn of carrot top in the second one...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    So you can totally make Rick from the Walking Dead as your character. Use the slicked back hair with the gold rush beard and the generic white person face. BAM! I might post a pic when I get off work.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    yeah, idk...

oh, forgot to post this before but here's (some slightly spoilerish) screencaps of my toon being AWESOME:
    OCLWCMo.jpg
    7mHg7A6.jpg

She kinda looks like the deranged spawn of carrot top in the second one...

Spawn of Carrot Top and Gallagher, but black.

After seeing more videos with the male character, the female character works so much better for the dialogue and the delivery.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Just did the (side quest spoiler)
    mission with the focus test robots.

I think I love this game. But I guess I did buy a PS3 for Ratchet and Clank, so some old fashioned Insomniac is up my alley. Really hope this game does well for them.

aeNqQM9.jpg