As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Singularity Satans 2014

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    DMZ if I get you I'm buying you all Wolverines gear

(GO BLUE)

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    My sister starts med school there next fall.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Go Rutgers, the most historic team in the Big Ten!

Strictly speaking I have no ties to any big football university but Rutgers is the birth place of college football

Goose! on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Lost Salient‌ I wouldn't be much of a Spartan Tuba, otherwise :p

@Usagi Man, I'd hate to be that DMZ guy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Damn you autocorrect!!!!

• Options
    @Marathon‌ At MSU? Tell her that Soup Spoon cafe is the best place in town. It gets nominated for best steak and best vegan cuisine every year.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Whoops, not at Michigan state, Michigan.

She will be a Wolverine, not a Spartan.

• Options
    Oh, well in that case I always ate at the New York Pizza Depot there when my friends and I went for Animania screenings (UM anime club) Wizzywig's for anime March, and Pinball Pete's for arcadeing

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Nah man, nah.

Here's your Ann Arbor list:

The Fleetwood
    Blimpy Burger
    Bell's Pizza
    Zingerman's when your parents are footing your food bill.

Oh wait, Med school. So either she's golden to afford Zingerman's or she'll NEVER be able to afford Zingerman's until she's a doctor.

Also that list should be changed then, to reflect adults and not undergrads.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I'm really going back and forth on signing up for this. I've done the CF secret santa for a few years now but never secret satans. I can definitely handle two, but I'm worried I can't think of enough stuff I want for two wishlists.

Maybe I'll do some internet window shopping today and see what I can come up with.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Here's my grown-up list:

The Bar at Braun Court
    Alley Bar
    Mash Bar
    The Last Word?
    Zingerman's Deli
    Zingerman's Deli
    Zingerman's Deli

*Disclaimer: I did not go to U of M I just have a history of getting drunk and eating food in AA

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    My list is formed through the lens of high school kids walking through town

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    This is the only Anne Arbour I care for
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajzpHvEdPrE

That was the jam in high school.

Goose! on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've not really been to Ann Arbor.

Even though toledo is close.

There can't be much there... Though I hear there is an imax

• Options
    Nah man, nah.

Here's your Ann Arbor list:

The Fleetwood
    Blimpy Burger
    Bell's Pizza
    Zingerman's when your parents are footing your food bill.

Oh wait, Med school. So either she's golden to afford Zingerman's or she'll NEVER be able to afford Zingerman's until she's a doctor.

Also that list should be changed then, to reflect adults and not undergrads.

Well, she's a poor college student right now. But because of a mutant level intelligence she will be attending med school on a full scholarship. So once she's done I'm sure she can check out Zingerman's

She's wicked smaaht

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Actually it looks like I will be able to participate after all! Yay!

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    List updated. Sorry for the delay, out of town.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh Friday can't come fast enough!

• Options
    The best part of this is going through people's wishlists and adding stuff to my own.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

YAAAAAAAAY :D

Also I still owe you a scarf, don't let me forget! :)

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »

You still owe her a scarf

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »

You still owe her a scarf

Pretty sure I was telling DDV to remind me!

• Options
    You don't owe me anything. My shithouse rat of an ex-roommate owes me a scarf.

• Options
    Well yes but they probably won't give it to you so I might as well make another one!

And then if hell freezes over and they DO give it to you, then you have two scarves!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I wonder how someone like that:

- someone with the complete inability to be rational or approach things from any kind of thoughtful perspective
    - someone completely unable to engage in anything even vaguely resembling introspection or self-criticism
    - who is dumber than a gym sock full of velveeta on a warm day
    - who literally is the kind of person who would both:
    A: Encourage and attempt to provoke a person in crisis to harm themselves saying (and I quote), "If you were really going to do it then you would have done it already and all I'd have is a big mess to clean up." (Special bonus points? SHE WORKS AS A SOCIAL WORKER ON CRISIS CALLS)

and B: Steal/trash the mail and indeed the christmas gifts of the now-homeless woman that she just kicked out on the fucking street the very minute that her rent was up.

could be living in a $400,000 house on the clear fuck east side of Gresham Oregon, right near the woods and in plain view of Mt. Hood

Seriously @usagi and @metalbourne were in that house. I just don't see it.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    That is a super shitty situation, DDV. I'm sorry

Also, the idea of a gym sock full of Velveeta on a warm day is deeply unsettling.

• Options
    As horrendous as that whole thing is

I can't get over "dumber than a gym sock full of velveeta on a warm day"

• Options
    In a good way, I hope.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Hmm, I keep forgetting to sign up for this...

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
  • Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    As someone who is routinely stumped by Highlights magazine, I always hope I don't get the Riddling Gifter. I think it's amazing, but will be woefully unappreciated when I'm crying in the corner from frustration. Unless tears are the gift itself, then well done.
    And thanks neville and Usagi for running this again this year.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    Riddling Gifter?

Preposterous.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    There are a lot of people on the forums that like helping solve the riddles. The riddles always tend to get shared here and you'll have plenty of people trying to help you guess.

• Options
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey Satan!
    Again, this will not be super different from previous years. I have even copied and pasted a fair bit. My interests haven't changed much over the years.

I really enjoy admiring the creative ability of other people. I am certain that I would enjoy something that shows off your skills and/or talents.

I play many different types of games. While 2013 was very heavy on the PC side of things, 2014 has been tabletop heavy.

My local friends have massive board game collections, so I don't have a huge desire to own a large collection of my own. My very favorite board game is Battlestar Galactica. I have a couple "co-operative against the game" types, like Forbidden Island and Pandemic, and I do enjoy that sort of thing. For expanding my own collection, I mainly try to focus on games that play well with two players since any time I have more than two players, the massive collections of my friends are usually available. If a board game is fairly common, I might have it already or I might play it a lot with my friends. I am certain though that if you have a slightly less common game in mind that you love, your powers of darkness will likely show you that I'll enjoy it too.

I ended up getting into the X-Wing minis game last year. I will be going through my collection soon so I can update my amazon wishlist pertaining to X-Wing minis. It's a rabbit hole, but one that I've had a lot of fun diving into.

My Steam and XBL profiles are in my signature. They show a pretty comprehensive set of my videogame interests. I keep my steam wishlist up to date and fairly well curated. It's actually pretty bare right now. This is because I fulfilled most of the items on my wishlist via steam sales over the last year, and I haven't played through anywhere near all of those games yet. I've gotten back into WoW pretty heavily too, which has hurt my ability to burn down my backlog.

I don't really play many tv-attached console games these days.

I got re-involved with pokemon quite a bit after satans last year, and the 3DS in general. I'm pretty excited for the pokemon games coming up, although I'll probably be leveling my WoW toons when they come out :P

I love all sorts of universes like BSG, Star Wars, Firefly, Lord of the Rings, Portal, and the like. I absolutely adore the fallout universe and have played through waaaay too much of the modern games. My very favorite superhero is Iron Man and I am up to date on the IM comics. I got Marvel Unlimited last year and am 100% up to date on all the Marvel NOW titles (on the 6 month delay that MU has). Various themed things along these lines would be met with much praise of your evil.

I have a pretty extensive book collection (including *almost* every Star Wars EU novel), so while I do love books I get them all the time and they may make redundant gifts.

I put this here in 2013, and was met with some amazing whiskey tools :) I'm going to include it again: I highly enjoy good whiskey. I really like trying different varieties of high quality whiskeys, whether bourbon, scotch, irish, or rye.

While I've improved, I'm still not very good at wishlists. My amazon wishlist will be back in my sig shorlty, and I'm sure I'll be updating it more over the next week or two. I do ask that if you get something from my amazon wishlist, that you mark it as purchased since I'm using this list for multiple exchanges and some friends and family. Once matches go out I'll keep my eyes off of it so as to not ruin any surprises.

If you can't come up with any ideas based on this information, and you would like to ask someone on the forums for help, I would suggest @chaosisorder or @peetsnack.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to signing up for this madness, cant wait to give some gifts. I love shopping for this.
    wishlist notes + amazon in my signature.
    I recently moved to Seattle and I'm loving the city, but im looking to expand out of the city. If there is something local to where you live and its interesting, I probably want to see it. I am in the middle of watching Twin Peaks and I love it. I love exploring the city and other cities. My favorite author right now is probably Anthony Bourdain.

Since i have moved here I have really really gotten into boardgames. My friends and I meet weekly to play dominion, power grid, ticket to ride, pandemic, game of thrones, cards against humanity, or 7 wonders. We are always up for trying new games. Its my new social life.

I am a huge movie fan, without any good movie posters. My favorite director is probably david fincher or kubrick. But I have definetly recently fallen in love with surrealism in all things. I really like all the Jodorowsky stuff. My favorite artist is either Banksy or Dali.

While I am a huge podcasts, bombcast, idle thumbs fan. I have found myself falling in love again with old rock. Zepplin, U2, etc.

Will Smith of Tested has taught me how to love coffee.

I have a pretty big steam library and a PS3 that I use for bluerays.

I love travel, and I love architecture. My work background is architecture so I am always into that, but only if its on the fridges of the field as I am up to my eyeballs in regular architecture stuff... and honestly that stuff is mostly dull anyway. I am currently in the middle of studying for 7 architecture exams. Other than that, i love rendering and drawing architectural images.

My newest hobby, and probably future endeavor, is to learn how to weld and woodworking. I have built some of my own furniture, and hope to build a slab coffee table here sometime soon.

• Options
    I'm so excited.

And I just can't hide it.

I'm about to lose control
    and I think I like it

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hmmmmmm. . .

I haven't been around much.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I guess I'm doing this.

Relevant info inside:
    I'm a 29 year old male. A graphic/interactive designer by trade. Currently living around Atlanta, originally from and eventually moving back to Orlando.

I'm 6'2" if I stand up straight, with a 12 Mens (Wide) shoe size. Size 36 waist I'm desperately trying to not grow out of.

I own a decent gaming PC, a Wii U, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Vita and Nintendo 3DS. That said I have a huge backlog and still buy too many games.

I like boxes and bags. And other fancy things. Materials I like: glass, metal, wood, and leather.

I have 2 small dogs, a Besenji and a Chihuahua/Dachshund.

Besides gaming, other hobbies are photography and watching a lot of movies. A pretentious film buff, even.

Uh, I don't know what else to say. Also none of this is probably too helpful. Good luck!

I'll keep adding stuff to my Amazon wishlist. Don't worry if the prices are too high, can just use it as a guide to what I like.

EDIT: I also like and play Magic: the Gathering. Mainly Standard and EDH/Commander, though I've been looking to make a cheap Modern deck - maybe Goblins or Infect, since I already have a lot of the pieces. If none of this makes sense to you, don't worry about it :)

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cookie XXXChange is up for anyone who's cheap or wants to double share!