he was a woman

my future waifu?

you can exchange wallscrolls under a cherry blossom tree

dey ar aw

perfectu

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I had the politeness to have my flu this year fall very firmly within my weekend

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    new asscred pulled down to my xbox yesterday but i've not tried it out yet. reviews aren't super-encouraging but i've enjoyed the series well enough that i can probably get over whatever quibbles.

conan did a thing where he played it and seemed to have fun.

also new dragon age comes out next week and i'm definitely into that. i am reluctant to cut down my destiny playtime tho :(

If you are to play AssUnity you are playing it on the best possible platform for the game as it currently stands.

I am 3-4 hours in and have not been disappointed. Like I said earlier, it feels like a return to form for the series (not that black flag was bad at all). The Assassination Missions are as great as the missions in AC1 were, only now it has the meat of the open world that AC2 and Brotherhood gave the series.

So like, in many ways this is my ideal for an AssCreed game, so long as I ignore the stupid eShop link that apparently will try to sell me in game upgrade currency and timed buffs. That part would probably enrage me if it felt like progression was needlessly slow or they advertised it all over the place (neither seem true).

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i don't think i've taken a single sick day this year

I have "unlimited" sick days (unlimited = how many you can take without your bosses thinking you're an inveterate slacker, so < 3 depending on the team)

I have used maybe 3 this year, but never because I was really sick

Sry babes it's not like I'm saving them for when I get old and my immune system gives up on me

I'M YOUTHFUL kind of still

unlimited sick days is a scam

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Okay so I played some Halo.

It is not bad but I miss Destiny's movement right away when playing.

I feel clunky in-game and I think I need to be more conservative when I play -- when I durdle out into the open at all I get ripped apart by fire. It seems like the plan is to sit behind objects waiting for my shield to slowly recharge and then shoot at guys with my dime-sized targeting reticle and no scope.

Master Chief < My Destiny mans

But the unified presentation and music and everything are great.

I also bought Minecraft on a whim and bought the halo theme pack and cracked out on it over the weekend. It was fun but I sm probably already done with it. Oh well.

I am not sure about either AC game.

Next week is DAI and GTAV yusss

This is your daily news on desc and vidyas

i talked with @The Green Eyed Monster‌ about halo a little bit yesterday. like, halo was a super-important series; it was the gold standard in shooters. but by now the entire genre has incorporated halo's successful aspects and innovated in directions that the franchise isn't particularly interested in (from what i can tell). and of course the reskinned halo 1 and 2 are going to feel clunky and backwards.

I'd recommend working through the campaigns, if for nothing else out of cultural edification (these are important games). I wouldn't mess with the multi though.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Keystone Cops scramble to make whatever comic book properties a studio has in their drawer into a multi-threaded franchise universe like the one Marvel has painstakingly built up is hilarious and tragic to watch.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Oh, hey, add another sack of crap onto the clusterfuck that is Sony's handling of their Spider-Man franchise:

Sony planning Spider-Man-free prequel starring Aunt May as a super-spy

They have to be in total panic-mode at the executive offices for this to have gotten this far.

Didn't they deny this?

Also I think the problem is they're declaring all this stuff without having a foundation to work with. Was the Avengers announced after Iron Man? No. It was certainly foreshadowed, but not really committed until Marvel felt confident enough to go with it.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    new asscred pulled down to my xbox yesterday but i've not tried it out yet. reviews aren't super-encouraging but i've enjoyed the series well enough that i can probably get over whatever quibbles.

conan did a thing where he played it and seemed to have fun.

also new dragon age comes out next week and i'm definitely into that. i am reluctant to cut down my destiny playtime tho :(

There are no other games besides DA:I
    No Fall or Winter releases from any major publisher.
    Just DA:I
    Any information to the contrary is false and misleading.
    All there is to play is DA:I soon and put 100% of your time it
    And enjoy it.

Heil Bioware

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i still havent played black flag

i probably should do that, eventually

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Favorite Destiny error code of the week: marionberry.

@desc @Irond Will@OnTheLastCastle‌ @The Green Eyed Monster

i got a ton of those yesterday. i had to force-kill destiny and then they went away

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have more PTO days saved up than I'll ever get to use this year

I technically have ~34 days off saved up which is enough to take off from now until next year but I can carry over 30 of those days into next year.

Damn
    34 days
    Damn

Man you should go on a 2 month trip around da world

poo
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Also, Aunt May has worn Stark Armor to infiltrate Doomstadt with Pepper Potts so it still wouldn't be crazier than SOMETHING IN THE COMICS.
    ya but comics are dumb

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The trick is to work for a reasonably decent hospital, because then if you're sick they're just like "nope don't you fucking dare come into work today."

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I feel clunky in-game and I think I need to be more conservative when I play -- when I durdle out into the open at all I get ripped apart by fire. It seems like the plan is to sit behind objects waiting for my shield to slowly recharge and then shoot at guys with my dime-sized targeting reticle and no scope.

I also bought Minecraft on a whim and bought the halo theme pack and cracked out on it over the weekend. It was fun but I sm probably already done with it. Oh well.

i talked with @The Green Eyed Monster‌ about halo a little bit yesterday. like, halo was a super-important series; it was the gold standard in shooters. but by now the entire genre has incorporated halo's successful aspects and innovated in directions that the franchise isn't particularly interested in (from what i can tell). and of course the reskinned halo 1 and 2 are going to feel clunky and backwards.

I'd recommend working through the campaigns, if for nothing else out of cultural edification (these are important games). I wouldn't mess with the multi though.

With the addendum that the multi will be very much worth messing with in December when Halo 5 multi beta drops - supposedly 343 has been working for years on how to mix things up, and they are putting a beta out a year in advance.

Things must be REALLY different if they are giving themselves that much time to course correct.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I haven't been sick in a while

Stronk

poo
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i think i am close to beating evil within

it has tried my patience sorely at times

i tried to buy sunset overdrive yesterday on the xbone store but it is "unavailable" unless you buy the $79.99 deluxe edition

stupid microsoft

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

it's the best in the series up to unity. maybe lacking a little in central narrative, but still a lot of fun.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have more PTO days saved up than I'll ever get to use this year

I technically have ~34 days off saved up which is enough to take off from now until next year but I can carry over 30 of those days into next year.

Damn
    34 days
    Damn

Man you should go on a 2 month trip around da world

why do people not use their vacation days? i don't get it

i save up a week and i'm like hmmmm better take a vacation

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I use my sick leave pretty much as I accrue it because

1. This job isn't permanent and I don't get a payout for unused sick leave
    2. I used a ton of sick leave last year for physical therapy
    3. I have my doctor appointments and Chelle's appointments to go to, so I wind up using a lot.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Ludious‌ and other Star Wars nerds

You need to watch Star Wars Rebels.

It is pretty fantastic.

Is it available anywhere? I want to see this but don't have cable.

Why isn't everything instantly available on Amazon prime or through a la carte subscriptions or something.

It's like the terrorists have already won

Looks like you can do it off of Amazon.

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels

They give a list of places to get the episode.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Rebels-Spark-Rebellion/dp/B00NWWSLUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415807311&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+rebels

It seems tied to the actual airing time. Xfinity gets it up like 3 or 4 days earlier.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I have used all 8 of my sick days, for sickness/wrist issues/sleep deprivation/dallying with ladies

• Options

it's the best in the series up to unity. maybe lacking a little in central narrative, but still a lot of fun.

what do you do with a drunken sailor?????

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't have any AC games because they're nigh impossible (Clunk clunk clunkkyy) to play using a KB+M and I don't feel like buying a gamepad for just one series.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

With the addendum that the multi will be very much worth messing with in December when Halo 5 multi beta drops - supposedly 343 has been working for years on how to mix things up, and they are putting a beta out a year in advance.

Things must be REALLY different if they are giving themselves that much time to course correct.

i watched a video on their multiplayer innovations.

such exciting things as "sprint" and "maneuver jets"

honestly - and sure maybe i'm just jaded on competitive arena shooters by this point - it looks pretty stale.

i'll pick up h5 for the coop campaign since coop is where i live, but the multi is leaving me pretty soft

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options

I still think Brotherhood is better, but they are CLOSE for the top spot.

My biggest issue with Black Flag is that they traded out their awesome massive city design for awesome naval stuff.

If at some point in the future there is an asscreed game that lets you sail the Mediterranean and port in massive cities like Rome, Barcelona, Athens, etc. - I know it would take like 10 years to make but I think I could just stop buying videogames at that point.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i'm not really excited by gaming anymore

basically all I've played in the last year has been Borderlands 2 and FIFA

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Forget AssCreed and DA and Halo and Destiny. Why aren't you guys playing Warhammer 40k: Space Wolf. It's so good.

• Options
    I haven't been sick in a while

Stronk

When the weather changes like this every-time I blow my nose it's like a 50% chance to consist of blood.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I usually trust Syndalis 'pinions but man. Errybody but you says it performs like mad butts on both consoles and PC. The Xbone version runs better than the PS4, but it's still averaging 20fps and somehow dipping below that, and that's before you get into glitches, the bountiful glitches...

But then last month the Korra game got universally panned and I resolved to only trust PA and chatpinions on games. So pfffffff

Oh brilliant
  • Options

i tried to buy sunset overdrive yesterday on the xbone store but it is "unavailable" unless you buy the $79.99 deluxe edition

stupid microsoft

tried your patience?

oh my

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I have 18 days to use by next June

I am planning on using 6 of them for music festivals in May

other than that I do not know!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    The Keystone Cops scramble to make whatever comic book properties a studio has in their drawer into a multi-threaded franchise universe like the one Marvel has painstakingly built up is hilarious and tragic to watch.

History has shown time and again that when it comes to Hollywood success, executive-driven micromanaging is the absolute best way to ensure nothing goes wrong.

• Options
    @desc i wondered how you liked minecraft. i have not played it yet but i was tempted when i saw you tooling around in it

also i am not excited for the halo release at all... the only one of those games i played a ton of MP in was Halo 3.

• Options
    I usually trust Syndalis 'pinions but man. Errybody but you says it performs like mad butts on both consoles and PC. The Xbone version runs better than the PS4, but it's still averaging 20fps and somehow dipping below that, and that's before you get into glitches, the bountiful glitches...

But then last month the Korra game got universally panned and I resolved to only trust PA and chatpinions on games. So pfffffff
    To be fair, most of us have terrible game opinions.
    I still suffer flashbacks from Sim City

Bless your heart.
  • Options

stupid microsoft

tried your patience?

oh my

i'm basically just an older winky in your mind aren't i

never finishing a dang old thing, needing a bunch of adderall (never had it) to function

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I still think Brotherhood is better, but they are CLOSE for the top spot.

My biggest issue with Black Flag is that they traded out their awesome massive city design for awesome naval stuff.

If at some point in the future there is an asscreed game that lets you sail the Mediterranean and port in massive cities like Rome, Barcelona, Athens, etc. - I know it would take like 10 years to make but I think I could just stop buying videogames at that point.

yeah the cities felt a little anemic and horizontal, but i thought they did a good job making it work with various other environmental elements.

much better than they did in AC3 for sure.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Despite being £17.99 on Amazon and originally like £34.99, South Park the Stick of Truth is £49.99 on PSN.

Uh

• Options
    edited November 2014

I mean, I am not saying the game runs at a silky smooth 30 frames with absolutely no problems. I fully admit people are out there having issues (though much MUCH more so on the PS4 and PC releases).

But when you step away from the technical issues, its a really good game (if you like city based assassins creed games). And thus far, I have been lucky enough I guess to not have been plagued with any aside from obvious frame dips when the camera pans out and sweeps over all of paris WHILE THERE ARE STILL HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WALKING AROUND ON THE STREETS holy shit who cares if there is a stutter on this non gameplay moment thats the entire city with people in it and my box is rendering that!

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    My company makes us use our leave because of European Regulations. As a result I'm off most of December.

• Options

stupid microsoft

tried your patience?

oh my

i'm basically just an older winky in your mind aren't i

never finishing a dang old thing, needing a bunch of adderall (never had it) to function

the key difference is that when winky abandons something you can feel the waves of raw self-hate radiating off of him

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.